Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concrete, metal, wood, rock? She would know what sort of containment structure. Sound? Smell? JMO

She was possibly kept in a darkness much of the time. I lean toward this b/c when they found her;

“She thought it was late that night, so when the paramedics finally were talking to her, they were the first people to tell her, 'Happy Thanksgiving.' It just blew her mind and then she's like, 'Oh, it's Thanksgiving night?' And they said, ‘No, it’s Thanksgiving morning,’” Keith said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

I don't think she was taken by serial killers. If so, why would they hide their identities? If they were serial killers, she'd be dead. I think that they may have intended to keep her, but after all of the media coverage, they realized keeping her would be too risky. It could be that the two women had a conversation and one wanted to kill Sherri, whereas the other one didn't, and so she sneaked out and released Sherri. Do we know how long Sherri's last car ride was, Lake?
Not necessarily. A lot of serial killers let their victims go, especially the high profile ones. There were numerous women Alcala, let go and did not even kill, but still victimized. He also killed ones as well. Serial killers.do.not always kill every female or male they come in contact with. Also a lot of serial killers have families, and significant others that they love and care about like BTK. He only killed some of the families he befriended and women but was married with kids himself. It is most of the time a surprise when people find out their loved one or family member is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

She was possibly kept in a darkness much of the time. I lean toward this b/c when they found her;

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

She could have been kept in a room with windows blacked out. Maybe there were interior lights; maybe there weren't.

If you're taken out of that environment and it's dark outside, impossible to know if it's evening or early morning. If it were me I would probably guess late evening like she did, because it wouldn't be my first guess that my captors would get up so early to transport me somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's list all the possibly scenerio's that could explain this, i'll start ( the only one I can think of that makes sense is)

1. Sex Trafficking

2. ?

In order:

1. Gang Initiation.
2. Hate Crime.
3. Kidnaping for sexual assault and torture.
4. Kidnaping for ransom
5. Revenge (somebody who had an issue with SP)
6. Sex Trafficking

Last three I think are highly unlikely.

Was it ever on the logs? I can't seem to remember seeing it, but that's been a while ago. It is definitely omitted from the logs now, it was incident report #16-40875.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-02-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Sorry I'm way behind in reading this thread but I was just reading through the logs and noticed an interesting entry from Nov 2. On page 2 there was an "incomplete 911" call. My first thought was that what if SP tried to call 911 but was forced to hang up and set the phone down by her abductors? But then I saw the address I think must be associated with the call and I got even more confused. Not sure I can say anything else but I find that address, especially the street name, both interesting and puzzling. If the address is the address for the phone number that called and not the location of the call, Is it possible SP's cell phone bill was still associated with an old street address? May be nothing relevant and may be unrelated, just something I thought was interesting.

In order:

1. Gang Initiation.
2. Hate Crime.
3. Kidnaping for sexual assault and torture.
4. Kidnaping for ransom
5. Revenge (somebody who had an issue with SP)
6. Sex Trafficking

Last three I think are highly unlikely.

Can you give your reasons why Gang Initiation is on your list? On the research I've done on the topic, I don't find a single instance of "go abduct an innocent stranger and keep them for awhile" as an initiation rite for getting into a gang.

I don't think the abductors had a real reason to be concerned driving with Sherri after they grabbed her. You could get a pretty long way away from the abduction sight in 10 minutes, even if they had no idea she wouldn't be reported missing until evening. They apparently were holding the only witness (SP) in the abduction. I would also imagine they were listening on the radio for any news of SP being missing.

Also, Sheriff mentioned some LE visits to their home prior to the kidnapping, IIRC none of them were major. Is it possible these calls/visits were relevant? Was someone sneaking around their home at night? Weird calls? Break-ins? Ticked off handy(wo)man?

Also regarding pipe clamps and chains. Do we know if SP was restrained as soon as she was in the vehicle? It seems a gun would be a pretty effective restraint until they got to wherever they were going.

I also don't find it odd that someone would have pipe clamps or chains in their vehicle. I have all sorts of oddities in a wooden box in the back of my SUV right now that looks like a good prop for a horror movie, but it's just handy stuff to have in the vehicle and for cutting firewood.

I've added 2 overlays to the Case Map

Driving distance of 2.5 hours with avg speed of 50 mph (blue) and 60 mph (green)

View attachment 105985

(thanks to kdg411 for the assistance and this great little tool)

The only problem I see with your map is that on Interstate 5, the speed limit is mostly 70 mph, and that is about the average speed there. 60 mph on I-5 would be really slow. The other roads 50 mph would be about the average. So they could have traveled much farther north or south, especially south.

Sorry I'm way behind in reading this thread but I was just reading through the logs and noticed an interesting entry from Nov 2. On page 2 there was an "incomplete 911" call. My first thought was that what if SP tried to call 911 but was forced to hang up and set the phone down by her abductors? But then I saw the address I think must be associated with the call and I got even more confused. Not sure I can say anything else but I find that address, especially the street name, both interesting and puzzling. If the address is the address for the phone number that called and not the location of the call, Is it possible SP's cell phone bill was still associated with an old street address? May be nothing relevant and may be unrelated, just something I thought was interesting.
Jumping off your information, this isnt the first time there has been a call like that at the same address.
Early October as well.

We haven't heard/seen a statement from Sherri herself beyond her phone call to the mayor, and it appears LE has gotten very little from her (hopefully, that appearance doesn't reflect reality).

While Sherri is a victim, she's also a survivor. I hope she possesses the strength that we've seen in a lot of other victims and can help bring her abusers to justice.

These aspects of the case continue to nag at me.

-KP immediately taking pictures of SP's phone to make a clear message for LE that SP isn't at the store or hiding under the bed ..........yet, KP having no idea that he, the spouse, would be a default suspect when his wife disappears near their home (KP's 20/20 account),

-KP going behind LE early on to make sure he's 'comfortable' with what neighbors told LE (WS VI account),

- CG, who is very concerning to me for a few reasons, publicly working around and challenging LE (and, IMO, possibly attempting to create fear in order to sell his service),

- KP seemingly ultra concerned about internet doubters, to the point of publicly revealing case-sensitive information in order to chastise and convince strangers that his wife was really brutally victimized (KP GMA account),

- KP and his 'A-Team' now working a 'shadow' operation from a 'war room' in attempt to 'find' who did this (ABC Gutman account)........because LE was too focused on other suspects early on to properly investigate leads/tips and put surveillance on people (WS VI account).

IIRC, the Sheriff never made statements about suspects before SP's release, beyond confirming the standard LE efforts to clear the spouse while running down hundreds of tips/leads.

The points I've noted above lead me to believe that LE has some extra challenges to navigate in order to identify, arrest, and prosecute whomever is responsible for victimizing SP. I very much hope LE succeeds; really don't want the responsible party(s) getting away with this.

Anyway, I'm so glad SP was released and had no life-threatening injuries associated with the beating, branding and burning. (I'm personally not as concerned about hair-length trauma, though I think the hair-cutting could be a clue as to motive/perps.)

Jumping off your information, this isnt the first time there has been a call like that at the same address.
Early October as well.

Interesting....:thinking:

There was a comment here asking about this, but it got deleted. I just wanted to clarify, though:

Doing the CASA Superhero run in no way implies you do volunteer work for CASA. It's just a fundraiser, open to anyone who enjoys running and is willing to pay the fee.

There were 390 5k participants, and 59 for the 10k.

The only problem I see with your map is that on Interstate 5, the speed limit is mostly 70 mph, and that is about the average speed there. 60 mph on I-5 would be really slow. The other roads 50 mph would be about the average. So they could have traveled much farther north or south, especially south.
From Redding south to about the Sacramento airport, the speed limit is 70 mph. Even 70 mph is slow through that stretch of interstate with most cars going 75 mph and not worrying about a speeding ticket. Other roads are about 50 mph average, but realize they are mostly rural two lane roads winding through agriculture lands to the east or winding ranch type lands to the west.

Can you give your reasons why Gang Initiation is on your list? On the research I've done on the topic, I don't find a single instance of "go abduct an innocent stranger and keep them for awhile" as an initiation rite for getting into a gang.

I don't know of any specific precedent for this, but if you Google: "gang initiation crimes" you can get an idea of the wide variety of crimes, that gangs members commit as part of initiation process. Here is one link for you.

Common Gang Initiations

Commit Crimes

Some gangs require that a recruit commit a crime or a series of crimes to prove that they are good candidates for the gangs. Often times, gangs that specialize in a particular crime such as auto theft, will require the recruit to steal a car or commit the crime that they specialize in. Some gangs have point systems for the crimes and the recruit has to have so many points. The crimes required to be committed can be as violent as drive-by shootings or murder.

Common Gang Initiations

They are talking about murder there. Kidnapping is a step down from that.

So far my theories go in this order.
1. Sex trafficking attempt by amateurs gone south.

2. Revenge plot against SP

3. Some sick random torture/possibly rape fest. No motive.

That's all I got. JMO.

From Redding south to about the Sacramento airport, the speed limit is 70 mph. Even 70 mph is slow through that stretch of interstate with most cars going 75 mph and not worrying about a speeding ticket. Other roads are about 50 mph average, but realize they are mostly rural two lane roads winding through agriculture lands to the east or winding ranch type lands to the west.

Exactly, that's why on the map I made, I made it an oval stretching from Medford Oregon down to Sacramento. East and west of Redding they couldn't have gone very far in 2.5 hours, and I think it is safe to assume they didn't take her to Oregon. That leaves the area along I-5 and highway 99 between Redding and Sacramento, as the most likely area they took her to.

She could have been kept in a room with windows blacked out. Maybe there were interior lights; maybe there weren't.

If you're taken out of that environment and it's dark outside, impossible to know if it's evening or early morning. If it were me I would probably guess late evening like she did, because it wouldn't be my first guess that my captors would get up so early to transport me somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. So was she suspended? If not, she did not have to SEE the structure, but could feel the walls or floor. If she was able to pretend that a rag she found was her baby, and tuck it in, she must have been able to feel some surfaces...... also to hear sounds and smell the environment. JMO (we don't know, but I hope that LE does)

I don't think the abductors had a real reason to be concerned driving with Sherri after they grabbed her. You could get a pretty long way away from the abduction sight in 10 minutes, even if they had no idea she wouldn't be reported missing until evening. They apparently were holding the only witness (SP) in the abduction. I would also imagine they were listening on the radio for any news of SP being missing.

Also, Sheriff mentioned some LE visits to their home prior to the kidnapping, IIRC none of them were major. Is it possible these calls/visits were relevant? Was someone sneaking around their home at night? Weird calls? Break-ins? Ticked off handy(wo)man?

Also regarding pipe clamps and chains. Do we know if SP was restrained as soon as she was in the vehicle? It seems a gun would be a pretty effective restraint until they got to wherever they were going.

I also don't find it odd that someone would have pipe clamps or chains in their vehicle. I have all sorts of oddities in a wooden box in the back of my SUV right now that looks like a good prop for a horror movie, but it's just handy stuff to have in the vehicle and for cutting firewood.

BBM. I was not aware of the sheriff's statement regarding previous calls to the home, Hoosier. Just looked it up.

Sherri Papini doesn’t have any known physical or mental health conditions that could explain why she went missing, Bosenko said.

Deputies also have no history of calls for major incidents to the Papini home, Bosenko said.

Source: http://archive.redding.com/news/loc...sing-from-area-west-of-Redding-399779021.html

If there were calls to the house which were not considered major at the time, I'd be very curious as to their nature and potential relevance to Sherri's disappearance.

Common Gang Initiations

They are talking about murder there. Kidnapping is a step down from that.[/QUOTE]

"Redding police continue to say that the gang problem in Redding is being imported by out-of-town gangs chiefly the Norteños and Sureños who they say are recruiting locals into their ranks. They've declined to say which cities the gangs are coming from."

To stop gang violence he said police need to talk to the two sides and get them to call a truce. Gangs too often get into a cycle of violent payback that builds in intensity.
http://archive.redding.com/news/sur...rs-in-city-limits-ep-376674200-355220431.html

Gang initiations with the Norteños and Sureños are usually aimed at each other. Thus a new member would be required to do a drive by shooting in the other's territory.

Sometimes the initiations are about doing a crime against the public, like an armed robbery or a car jacking. But I never heard of them being required to keep and torture a random jogger for 3 weeks. That does not sound like any initiation I have ever heard of.
Usually the gangs do ‘quick hits’ and get out of there.

links about initiations:
http://archives.sfweekly.com/thesni...orteandntildeo-gang-initiation-in-the-mission

For the members of the Norteno gang, initiation includes 3 parts:
jumped and sexed in
Complete a task (robbery)
drive by
Initiation
For members of the Surenos initiation mainly includes either being jumped or sexed in. The following are also permitted:
shooting a civilian
shooting an enemy/betrayer
selling drugs to children
robbery
Kidnapping
Citations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sureños
http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop/sketchings/ns.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norteños

[ It does say ‘kidnapping’ above. so maybe this would count as an initiation? But women are not allowed to be initiated apparently. ]

Members of the organization are considered to have taken a "blood oath" to join the gang, and are considered lifelong participants. Nuestra Familia's written constitution states that no member should prioritize women, money or drugs over their membership in the gang. Membership in the gang extends beyond prison.Women are not allowed to become full-fledged members of Nuestra Familia, but are sometimes used for communication and drug-running purposes as they are considered less likely to be noticed by law enforcement agents

Soooooo since I just skimmed this thread, and didn't read every post, anything new going on? And the post after post about the hose clamp, was that ever solid fact? I thought it was stated many, many threads ago that someone thought they heard clasp, or clamp from a 911 call, or from some LE communication. Is there any MSM report of these clamps, clasps, or whatever?

If you have a spare moment, could you please offer up a prayer for Kim and her family and loved ones? She was missing in my area for almost a week, found yesterday, deceased in her wrecked vehicle within city limits! How she was there a week before anyone saw her, I don't know. But very sad for my rescue friends/family. Those that do rescue understand we become as family, and this hurts. Thanks in advance!

What we know so far is that LE at the recovery scene described them as "hose clamps," and it has been widely reported in the media. For example, Inside Edition wrote: (source)
"One of the police officers said: 'She is chained to something. She's chained with a quarter-inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists.'"

This was somewhat confirmed by Keith in his 20/20 interview, where he said: (source)
"something like a hose clamp if you will"

That's pretty much all we have at this point. It definitely needs clarification. From what Keith said, it sounds like it wasn't actually a hose clamp.

Sorry to hear about Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member