Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the marvelous question!

What I would like to see happen is a sleuthing of media articles and to the extent they are available, police logs, for the last 12-18 months to see if we can find similar MO's of two female Hispanics attempting to abduct people, or possibly attacking people or some other serious crime. And also if any arrests were made. That information might help identify the perpetrators.

In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

In my opinion that would be more productive than discussing what type of "hose clamps" SP had on (LE already knows), what KP should or should not have done or said (it's been done already and he is not a suspect) or any other number of details which LE already knows the answer to.

I think this is a great idea. I hope the mods will clarify if there is any objection to us going through old police reports and news articles to look for similar crimes.

I hear what you're saying.

The people who expressed doubts about the story on the internet were described by KP as "malicious" and "subhuman"; "people sitting in angering, expectant positions, waiting for the gory details who should be ashamed of themselves."

There wasn't any angry reference to the perpetrators, aside from the the fact that people like them make KP sick.

Frequently, I've heard victims' family members state that they look forward to getting justice (not 'revenge', of course) when the yet-to-be-identified "evil monsters who hurt their loved one is caught and held accountable under the law" -- or something to that effect. The absence of such a statement stood out to me too.

There may be good reason why KP didn't say anything to that effect, but the priority/weight of the points covered in his post-release statement was curious to me as well.

Anyway, in my opinion, observing and questioning that oddity is not 'victim bashing', though it probably has no investigatory value here.

I agree. No investigatory value at all.
Our VI reports Keith and the rest of the family very much want these people caught.
Nit picking Keith's reactions or Sherri's wedding blog serve no purpose other than more thinly veiled swipes at the character of the victims of this brutal crime. JMO

I need someone (maybe Skiboo) who can help me incorporate cell tower locations to a couple of cross streets.
Is there anybody available? I know we can triangulate these somehow.

This is the third and final time I will address that statement, but undoubtedly it won't be the last time it will be brought up.

That statement was sent to ABC prior to the interview as a result of the Sheriff making an ill-advised comment that many people, family members included, felt was comparing SP's injuries to a sprained ankle, thereby casting doubts on whether the abduction was real.

It was not written exclusively by KP and it was tempered down from what he wanted to say.

It was never intended to be "all-inclusive" and cover every point regarding the abduction, her captivity or release or other things KP would have liked to have said.

KP was, and is, very concerned about his family's safety and vowing revenge against armed perpetrators still at large could possibly jeopardize his family's safety.

Feel free to continue to speculate about how you would of said and handled things differently.

I hear what you're saying.

The people who expressed doubts about the story on the internet were described by KP as "malicious" and "subhuman"; "people sitting in angering, expectant positions, waiting for the gory details who should be ashamed of themselves."

There wasn't any angry reference to the perpetrators, aside from the the fact that people like them make KP sick.

Frequently, I've heard victims' family members state that they look forward to getting justice (not 'revenge', of course) when the yet-to-be-identified "evil monsters who hurt their loved one is caught and held accountable under the law" -- or something to that effect. The absence of such a statement stood out to me too.

There may be good reason why KP didn't say anything to that effect, but the priority/weight of the points covered in his post-release statement was curious to me as well.

Anyway, in my opinion, observing and questioning that oddity is not 'victim bashing', though it probably has no investigatory value here.

I need someone (maybe Skiboo) who can help me incorporate cell tower locations to a couple of cross streets.
Is there anybody available? I know we can triangulate these somehow.

What do you need me to do?

Yes, he believes this based upon never interviewing SP or KP, or most likely never having seen the LE file, and ignores the fact LE has stated they believe SP is telling the truth. Pardon me for not giving much credence for him. I think he is just a paid commentator drumming up fake news and headlines for profit.

Lake-

Thank you so much for clarifying so many things. Some here had come to the conclusion that the only interview was with ABC and the press release, and the other 50+ articles were just rewriting them, embellishing for a click through headline and story..etc..ergo the reason for so many rabbit holes.

Main question Lake...Are you allowed to verify my perception of this..that only one interview and one press release by KP? That the rest is pick ups and rehash?

Im not asking about other family members and if they did.. Just KP.

For us sleuthers.. Verification on that would make 109% difference in sleuthing :moo: in separating the wheat from the chaff.

IMHO and tx!

Thank you for the marvelous question!

What I would like to see happen is a sleuthing of media articles and to the extent they are available, police logs, for the last 12-18 months to see if we can find similar MO's of two female Hispanics attempting to abduct people, or possibly attacking people or some other serious crime. And also if any arrests were made. That information might help identify the perpetrators.

In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

In my opinion that would be more productive than discussing what type of "hose clamps" SP had on (LE already knows), what KP should or should not have done or said (it's been done already and he is not a suspect) or any other number of details which LE already knows the answer to.

As regards "hose clamps", you state LE already knows what type they are, can you share? I would be interested because it may help with my own personal theory. Thx

I agree. It's who LE and Sherri report abducted, battered and branded her. Why is it offensive to try and find criminals?
What's offensive is what happened to Mrs. Papini

Precisely this! Profiling criminals based upon their ethnicity, tied into the crimes they've committed, which may be similar to the attackers, is not offensive. Profiling AVERAGE CITIZENS walking down the street as a criminal BASED on their ethnicity is offensive. Huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. No investigatory value at all.
Our VI reports Keith and the rest of the family very much want these people caught.
Nit picking Keith's reactions or Sherri's wedding blog serve no purpose other than more thinly veiled swipes at the character of the victims of this brutal crime.

Well, while we agree that those topics don't likely have investigatory value here........I'm not assuming that all members who express curiosity about them are engaging in victim-swiping or victim-bashing.

I don't have specific knowledge as to the hose clamp. I know there should be one at least in LE possession as it was stated they found her with those on her wrists. I've thought about KP's statement of something like a hose clamp or words to those effects and wonder, but can not confirm if it was some sort of metal locking tie.

As regards "hose clamps", you state LE already knows what type they are, can you share? I would be interested because it may help with my own personal theory. Thx

This is the third and final time I will address that statement, but undoubtedly it won't be the last time it will be brought up.

That statement was sent to ABC prior to the interview as a result of the Sheriff making an ill-advised comment that many people, family members included, felt was comparing SP's injuries to a sprained ankle, thereby casting doubts on whether the abduction was real.

It was not written exclusively by KP and it was tempered down from what he wanted to say.

It was never intended to be "all-inclusive" and cover every point regarding the abduction, her captivity or release or other things KP would have liked to have said.

KP was, and is, very concerned about his family's safety and vowing revenge against armed perpetrators still at large could possibly jeopardize his family's safety.

Feel free to continue to speculate about how you would of said and handled things differently.

I had no problem comprehending your previous comments regarding the post-release GMA statement and didn't ask for additional clarification.

And, my reply to ZachsDad was not meant to offend you -- apologies if it did.

If you read my post again, you'll see that I did not speculate on what Keith should or shouldn't have said.

Well, while we agree that those topics don't likely have investigatory value here........I'm not assuming that all members who express curiosity about them are engaging in victim-swiping or victim-bashing.

We do agree.
I admire KP. He loves his wife. He stayed hopeful and dedicated to finding her. He's standing beside her after she's been brutalized. I can only hope I could be as strong under those circumstances.

I agree. It's who LE and Sherri report abducted, battered and branded her. Why is it offensive to try and find criminals?
What's offensive is what happened to Mrs. Papini

JMO, it may more to do with sleuthing people who have not been named in this case

What do you need me to do?

Here is a link to the cell phone towers in Shasta county/Redding.
Can you map the closest tower to the intersection of say Twin view Blvd and Pine Grove?
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=redding&state_abr=ca

There seems to be quite a significant amount of Incomplete 911 calls coming from this area according to the Shasta county daily logs.
Including one as recently as yesterday.
See page #3
http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/12-11-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

ETA: I alerted a mod to make sure this is ok.

I am only aware of the one ABC interview being done by KP since SP's release. And I've asked family members and they share that belief. Everything else you see is a rehash of that statement, previous statements, incorrectly attributed statements, and prior media reports, some accurate, some not and then sprinkled with new talking heads.

Lake-

Thank you so much for clarifying so many things. Some here had come to the conclusion that the only interview was with ABC and the press release, and the other 50+ articles were just rewriting them, embellishing for a click through headline and story..etc..ergo the reason for so many rabbit holes.

Main question Lake...Are you allowed to verify my perception of this..that only one interview and one press release by KP? That the rest is pick ups and rehash?

Im not asking about other family members and if they did.. Just KP.

For us sleuthers.. Verification on that would make 109% difference in sleuthing :moo: in separating the wheat from the chaff.

IMHO and tx!

Through a friend I made sure that post and link got to the right people. Thank you.

You're very welcome. We both know how much illegal cartel grows are a problem on our local National Forest lands.

I don't have specific knowledge as to the hose clamp. I know there should be one at least in LE possession as it was stated they found her with those on her wrists. I've thought about KP's statement of something like a hose clamp or words to those effects and wonder, but can not confirm if it was some sort of metal locking tie.

"Hose clamps" was said by CHP or dispatch on the recording from the morning she was found.

My apologies if it appeared that I was singling you out. I should have chosen which post to quote more carefully.

I had no problem comprehending your previous comments regarding the post-release GMA statement and didn't ask for additional clarification.

And, my reply to ZachsDad was not meant to offend you -- apologies if it did.

If you read my post again, you'll see that I did not speculate on what Keith should or shouldn't have said.

A failed abduction might be reported as an attack or even an attempted car jacking. I don't find it ridiculous or beyond offensive, it is basically what LE is doing right now with their computer databases, but if the mods feel it is ridiculous or beyond offensive than they should feel free to delete my post.

I am sure they are doing much more than that. What I find ridiculous and offensive is going through a year and half of police logs to profile two women off of incident reports. Just because an incident was reported DOES NOT mean someone did something wrong. There are names in police logs and if an incident is unsubstantiated and it just happened to have two Hispanic female's names then you end up "sleuthing" people that aren't even guilty of any crime in the first place...much less an abduction and beating.

Please don't profile off a police log. It's not smart.

I have a question - and my apologies if this was already answered - when SP was dropped off on I-5 was the SUV heading north, or south, on that road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper