Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does her being declared "voluntarily missing" mean that there won't be much more effort put into finding her? I hope that's not the case. I can't help but think that if they went through her emails and they found something that suggested she was leaving, they'd just give up...but what if something terrible happened to her before she officially "left"? What if she needed help but everyone just assumed she had abandoned her family for someone new? Surely they can't give up without confirmation from Sherri that she is indeed okay?

bbm
Can someone fill me in please? Reading the latest articles I can't find anywhere that she was officially declared voluntary missing. Thank you!

I find it interesting that her family believes she is no longer in the area and are making appeals nationwide. Why? Most abducted females are found (if found) within several miles of where they went missing. Why would her family assume she is across the nation somewhere? Perps who snatch their victims from the side of the road do not take them on a cross country adventure. Why would the family assume that? Further, if that is the actual scenario - kidnapped and taken cross country - the family must also have an idea WHO would take Sherri and flee the state with her? I imagine his (or her) name would also have been stated. This whole story does not add up. I can't blame LE for classifying Sherri as "voluntarily" missing. It really is the most likely scenario.

Maybe they changed the course of the investigation after LE told them they believe she left voluntarily. Or maybe LE has evidence that she's out of the area by her own choice but the family believes she was forced to leave. I really don't know. It's puzzling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm
Can someone fill me in please? Reading the latest articles I can't find anywhere that she was officially declared voluntary missing. Thank you!

It hasn't been announced in articles. It's on the DOJ website. The link is a few pages back in this thread.

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=5401630800057

I hope that works for you! It lists her as being "voluntarily missing"

It hasn't been announced in articles. It's on the DOJ website. The link is a few pages back in this thread.

Thank you both so much! :)

No that page does not open for me but now I know at least what you all are talking about!

That is really odd that she's listed as voluntary missing. :thinking: I wouldn't believe it either if I were the husband.

I'm still wondering why she has no dental x-rays. Who doesn't have dental x-rays?

Not to mention, if she is abducted, telling the perp she can't be identified by dental records is one hell of a gamble with her life.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I am taking a guess that dental X-rays have not been requested or obtained yet by LE. I doubt she would not have at least one set somewhere. I am not sure how long it takes without a body being found to ask the family, as it is generally probably a good indicator of death being possible.

Thank you both so much! :)

No that page does not open for me but now I know at least what you all are talking about!

That is really odd that she's listed as voluntary missing. :thinking: I wouldn't believe it either if I were the husband.

Sorry it didn't work for you! It's probably my fault! Maybe this link will work...you'll have to search her name though. http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/default.asp

I mentioned the case of Tiffany Tehan earlier...think that is her name. Her car was found in a park with driver's door hanging open, she was gone. It was an all-out search for her until police found out she had met a man at 7-11, fallen in love and taken off to Florida. She had a husband and a baby.

Last I read, she was still with this guy, had a baby with him...

Anyway you never know. But LE thought she was abducted right away.

I'm just hoping and praying this is the truth. How relieving would it be to know that she is alive and unharmed?

Though I completely understand why her family is still looking. I would be, if it were my family. If LE told me my husband or mother were missing without a trace because they chose to leave, I wouldn't believe it. I can't imagine being in their shoes. Praying they find confirmation soon. Praying she's safe.

I mentioned the case of Tiffany Tehan earlier...think that is her name. Her car was found in a park with driver's door hanging open, she was gone. It was an all-out search for her until police found out she had met a man at 7-11, fallen in love and taken off to Florida. She had a husband and a baby.

Last I read, she was still with this guy, had a baby with him...

Anyway you never know. But LE thought she was abducted right away.
Wow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The thing is.....
If she decided to run away.
She should pick up a phone and call someone.

i found this training document for California's DOJ for handling missing persons. http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/missing.pdf

It seems there is a DOJ reporting requirement which includes how people can be listed, and it seems some adults are listed as voluntary basically if there is no evidence of foul play.. my words. also dental records do not need to be filed with DOJ unless the person has not been found within 45 days. I do not think there are no xrays anywhere, it just means not on file. I did find an article on voluntary missing adults referencing many adults are listed as voluntary missing on California DOJ website but the author said it is not clear if that is always accurate. So it appears many adults can be listed as voluntarily missing more as default if evidence to the contrary is not found. So not too sure if that designation means anything has really changed since 11/2. Perhaps they found something in her phone, but if she has been found, you would not see her on DOJ at all.

I know both photos are of her but the right one looks completely different.

That picture really stuck out to me. It doesn't look like the Sherri in my mind. All I do know is I want a wonderful ending to this horrible story.

That picture really stuck out to me. It doesn't look like the Sherri in my mind. All I do know is I want a wonderful ending to this horrible story.

Agree, in the photo on the right she looks to have dark brown eyes ...doesn't look like the same woman at all ?

Thanks for the insight. IIRC, one of the women kidnapped by Ariel Castro was designated as "Voluntary Missing". The family needs a PI, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744