Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the sheriff's syntax that troubles some, I think. Perhaps that's just the
way he expresses himself -- a very law enforcement sort of word choice.

Yeah, Law Enforcement these days have to be very careful with their words. Im sure what he said was looked over by several people before hand so that it isn't taken out of context by the media, who in turn may create another race/ethnicity crap storm for vews.

I get the impression that the sheriff gets a lot of respect here, and my impression is that he earned it. And it could be that the Papinis sought outside help due to local LE being under maned, and over worked <modsnip>

He also said her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle, but people choose to go with "severely battered" that was said at 4:30 in the morning by a CHP officer within minutes of her being discovered. It is all left to the individual which version one wants to go with....IMO

IIRC, the Sheriff's comment was something like (my paraphrase): "She's been treated for non life threatening injuries and released from the hospital". And likened the release from the hospital as similar to being "treated for a sprained ankle."

SNIP>
Traffickers can be lone individuals or extensive criminal networks. Pimps, gangs, family members, labor brokers, employers of domestic servants, small business owners, and large factory owners have all been found guilty of human trafficking. Their common thread is a willingness to exploit other human beings for profit.
https://polarisproject.org/victims-traffickers

Check out this map:
https://polarisproject.org/facts

Micky,
Since you live in the area, are you hearing any theories?

I wouldn't be able to name the make and model of a vehicle I might have seen briefly while being abducted either...especially not after 3 weeks of being beaten, chained and starved.

I doubt that I would either. However, in the last thread others were questioning how it is possible that SP couldn't give more of a description of the vehicle that she was abducted in.

SNIP>
Most human trafficking in the United States occurs in New York, California, and Florida

Sex traffickers use a variety of ways to &#8220;condition&#8221; their victims, including subjecting them to starvation, rape, gang rape, physical abuse, beating, confinement, threats of violence toward the victim and victim&#8217;s family, forced drug use, and shame.[12]

Human traffickers are increasingly trafficking pregnant women for their newborns. Babies are sold on the black market, where the profit is divided between the traffickers, doctors, lawyers, border officials, and others. The mother is usually paid less than what is promised her, citing the cost of travel and creating false documents. A mother might receive as little as a few hundred dollars for her baby.[11]

Women are trafficked to the U.S. largely to work in the sex industry (including strip clubs, peep and touch shows, massage parlors that offer sexual services, and prostitution). They are also trafficked to work in sweatshops, domestic servitude, and agricultural work.[12]

http://www.factretriever.com/human-trafficking-facts

It IS possible to get results in 24 hours. The Jenise Wright (Gabe Gaeta) case in WA, LE got DNA results back in 24 hours to arrest GG. I think if it's a good sample, and it's urgent it can be done.

This is true but the Kitsap County SO announced that in that case they pushed that baby girl's case to the top of the list at the crime lab. #1 Priority. I recall being so overly impressed by that and that they were able to do that. I suppose it had everything to do with urgent cases being far fewer in WA at that time. Not so sure that's the case in Norther CA or where the crime lab even is there.

Hubby stopped at the store tonight after work - What did he buy??? HOSE CLAMPS. He was amazed
that I actually knew what they were.

I'm wondering if anyone else had issues signing on for a while.

This is true but the Kitsap County SO announced that in that case they pushed that baby girl's case to the top of the list at the crime lab. #1 Priority. I recall being so overly impressed by that and that they were able to do that. I suppose it had everything to do with urgent cases being far fewer in WA at that time. Not so sure that's the case in Norther CA or where the crime lab even is there.

Yes that is very true.

From what I recall the Sheriff said the evidence had been sent to the CBI lab for processing.

I'm wondering if anyone else had issues signing on for a while.

Yes. Tricia has posted that the site has been down, but that they were working on it. Looks like it's back.

:tyou: Dave!

We need so much more to sleuth. I really hope LE discloses something else.

I know CA had results over a weekend from DNA for Chelsea King some years back, very quick turnaround.

I agree, do you know how hard it is to find statistics that are even remotely comparible to SP's case? I've spent hours I tell ya.........

Yes. I do. I've looked too. Adults are allowed to runaway forever if they want to though, that's our right, but it makes for difficult statistic finding when it comes to researching actual kidnapping stats for adults.

Question; I thought WS had the call logs from the Shasta County p.d. on here, from that time period in November. I've looked and can't find them. Does anyone know where to point me?

He also said her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle, but people choose to go with "severely battered" that was said at 4:30 in the morning by a CHP officer within minutes of her being discovered. It is all left to the individual which version one wants to go with....IMO
Sheriff Bosenko did not say "her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle". He was talking about the terminolgy "treated and released", and used the example of a sprained ankle:
"When you say, 'treated and released' ... no different than if you went up to the ER for a sprained ankle, they treated you and released you. Now, if you had a compound fracture due to that bone being broken, then you'd probably be admitted, have to stay for a few days," Bosenko explained.

Perhaps the reason sheriff Bosenko didn't say: "We have evidence of an abduction." is because he DOES have evidence and he wants to keep that close to the vest for now.

He could also be keeping things locked down to avoid fallout if the facts revealed after DNA testing and digital analysis do not match up to the current theory at hand. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper