Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Bosenko did not say "her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle". He was talking about the terminolgy "treated and released", and used the example of a sprained ankle:
"When you say, 'treated and released' ... no different than if you went up to the ER for a sprained ankle, they treated you and released you. Now, if you had a compound fracture due to that bone being broken, then you'd probably be admitted, have to stay for a few days," Bosenko explained.
'

Interesting he said 'compound fracture due to "that" bone being broken'. What bone? No broken bones in a sprained ankle.
Seems he did let it slip that she had a broken bone. Seems he then poignantly revealed how minor it was, too.

Yup, it took me how many weeks to notice that? I'm slow.

She got annoyed at some of the posters here; so she left. I believe the post was in the last thread. I wish she'd give us another chance.:tantrum:

I suppose I should have said, "They left because they were annoyed."

'

Interesting he said 'compound fracture due to "that" bone being broken'. What bone? No broken bones in a sprained ankle.
Seems he did let it slip that she had a broken bone. Seems he then poignantly revealed how minor it was, too.

There was probably a lot in the tone of his delivery. And I wouldn't really try to read anything between the lines. There are bones in the ankle. And I know I've said this before, but a compound fracture is when bone perforates the skin. It's a surgical emergency.

RSBM.

I just wanted to note that every time there has been that weird syntax in the sheriff's words he has been doing a live interview and answering a question from a reporter. His statements that are more direct are the prepared statements from a press conference or a statement made when he wanted to clarify a false report from Huffpost (in that one he flat out said "we believe her"). This "double talk" could just be an awkward way he has of speaking when answering a question off the cuff. JMO.
BBM

Good observation. Yes, I expect it's "copspeak" but when he could simply say "we believe her" and he words it in such a cautious and convoluted way, it's bound to attract the notice of people who will wonder why he's beating around the bush...like me. :D But I agree that his prepared statements are fully supportive of SP's account.

Sorry Sillybilly. I really didn't mean to stir up trouble. :shame:

You didn't at all .. but if you insist that you did, you can send me chocolate chip cookies :D

'

Something about the way SB referred to SP's injuries has always puzzled me. It seems that he minimized the extent of her injuries by comparing them to a sprained ankle. Did anyone else conclude this?

There was probably a lot in the tone of his delivery. And I wouldn't really try to read anything between the lines. There are bones in the ankle. And I know I've said this before, but a compound fracture is when bone perforates the skin. It's a surgical emergency.

I always read between the lines. Bones don't sprain. Ligaments do. Compound or not, a bone fracture is not a sprain.

I have read that LE has forensic tests to complete, does one assume automatically that is a DNA test? Anyone with background on DNA tests? Why does it take weeks for LE to complete DNA tests when Maury Povich was able to get test results back in 24 hours to prove "you are not the daddy!"?

In my opinion, there are different levels of laboratories. For example, labs that LE depend on are held to a very high standard and significant backlogs are not unusual. Yes, I believe certain cases can be rushed, depending on circumstances.

A local lab that handles DNA for, say paternity/custody issues, are held to a certain standard, of course, which IMO may not be as high as the LE/Fed crime lab. These paternity/custody results, while important, are not as critical as a criminal case where someone's freedom might be at stake.

There are other, private labs where DNA can be done for -- I hate to use the word 'fun' - lesser important purposes...i.e ethnicity (how Irish are you?) or entertainment purposes. I imagine Maury might use this expedited option.

I'm not suggesting that any of these labs are shady or cut corners. Each may serve their purpose. A guy who thinks he may be the father of a newborn may not need the level of a criminal lab. If he wants to dispute the results, he can elevate it further....JMHO.

I have read that LE has forensic tests to complete, does one assume automatically that is a DNA test? Anyone with background on DNA tests? Why does it take weeks for LE to complete DNA tests when Maury Povich was able to get test results back in 24 hours to prove "you are not the daddy!"?

I don't know where the DNA info came from. I don't recall hearing anything about them waiting on DNA. I do recall them saying something about more warrants for info. I thought the forensics they were talking about had to do with electronic information.

It may not be DNA they are waiting for, I don't remember that they gave details. I think DNA though can be relatively fast if there is a match in the data bank if not...I guess it is filed for the future if any is found.

But, the chain, clamps and SP's clothes could (I'm guessing) take longer to see if there may be microscopic fibers of some kind etc. I would guess again it would take more time to test this (if found) to try and find out the make & model of the vehicle she was in for instance or something along those lines. I remember in the Deorr Kuntz case it took an excruciatingly, long time as in many months to get the results back on whatever it was that was sent away & of course they are not going to report their findings & still no arrest(s).

I don't know what happened in this case, but it seems LE doesn't need the public to help solve this.

Yes. I do. I've looked too. Adults are allowed to runaway forever if they want to though, that's our right, but it makes for difficult statistic finding when it comes to researching actual kidnapping stats for adults.

Question; I thought WS had the call logs from the Shasta County p.d. on here, from that time period in November. I've looked and can't find them. Does anyone know where to point me?

Shasta County logs in this post:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-20&p=13000691#post13000691

To look at a diifferent date change the date in the url address.

HTH

Weird question: since SP was held for 3 weeks, could LE tell anything about where she was held by analyzing her hair?

Maybe overall, her actual imjuris were minor. We know she was treated and released, which does not indicate serious injuries or illness. I guess LE was awkward in his wording but simply summing up the situation, i.e nothing was wrong that required surgery, hospitalization etc...
Jmo

People have done worse to settle scores. As in murdering you and your family. This sounds personal to me. Someone on here mentioned that their family always shouted what Yolo stood for when they went through there. I think it was always planned to release her on Thanksgiving. Wonder if the town has any meaning? Yolo - You only live once. I realize it's a bit out there, but...everything about this is kinda out there.

If it was to settle a score then there should be suspects. I was going to say prime suspects, but I have a feeling the word prime's definition would be butchered, spliced, and regurgitated to great lengths here.

A person generally will know when they did something that enrages another to want to settle a score to such great extent as this case or murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper