Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some oddities regarding the 911 call and transcript IMO:

Does the average 911 call start with how the caller discovered the situation they’re calling about or does the caller cut to the chase and say “My wife is missing” and then fill in the details? If I were the dispatcher I’d be tapping my foot and saying to myself “Get to the point dude.” He sounds so chipper at the beginning.

I’m interested that Keith twice said “the end of his driveway” when referring to where the find-my-phone app showed it was and where he was while calling 911, and then corrected himself to say that he was at the corner where the phone was found. I’ve lived in the rurals and there was a big difference between the end of our driveway and an intersection a half mile away. It makes me wonder why he said that twice.

I’m also interested that he took a picture of the phone, but then picked it up. Yet he stayed at the location of the phone when he called 911. Why pick up the phone if he thinks his wife has been abducted and is calling LE from its location? He could be messing up evidence. Did his photo clearly show that he found it at that intersection or could it have been found at the end of his driveway as indicated?

Also, we know the earbuds cord was coiled neatly, but he says that the phone on the ground indicates that “something happened to her.” He focuses on her strands of hair like the headphones got “ripped off, like they grabbed...” But we know that the cord was neatly coiled and it wasn’t a chunk of hair pulled out. It seems odd that his first thought was that someone harmed her and not that Sherri put her phone down carefully for some reason and forgot to pick it up. It just seems like a huge leap IMO.

He also starts to say “she’s got a whole bunch of missed...” after saying she texted him. I assume he was about to say “calls” and it would be interesting to know who had called and when the missed calls started. Were they all from the same person?

Also, he hesitates about Sherri’s eye color...says “Uh, like a...bluish...blue.” Perhaps he is distracted, but her eyes are clearly blue, so what’s with the “bluish”? My eyes are very blue and there’s no “ish” about it! Of course, some men like my husband have a touch of difficulty distinguishing shades of blue-green, but mine knows my eyes are blue. I’d be saying “What did you mean ‘bluish’ after all these years?!” :mad:

These are just things that I found odd, but don’t necessarily indicate anything deceptive. He may just be odd.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini-abduction-911-audio-sketches-released/

I don't know if there is such a thing as an average 911 call. How he describes the situation doesn't bother me, probably because I often hear my husband on the phone and wish he would just get to the point with people. I don't know what it is about him, but when he picks up the phone to explain something, what we just discussed and how we discussed it goes right out the window, whether it's the insurance company, a doctor, or even ordering food. All of a sudden he is incapable of speaking and explaining in a straightforward way. Maybe it's because when we are speaking, he has the assumption that I completely understand the shortened version, but with other people he is trying to make sure they understand the back story - even when they don't need to. It drives me bonkers, actually. So I just assume that there are lots of other people who do this, too (in fact, as I'm typing this I am coming up with a list of other people who also drive me nuts doing this).

As for her eyes, I can see me hesitating about the color of my husband's eyes because after 20 years I still don't remember what they technically are (on his license, for instance), because depending on what he's wearing, they can be blue, gray, or green. True story.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, when people give too much information, needless points [alibi] and then finally state why they are calling, my ears perk up. Most people would lead with the Lead. And be freaking out. I recently listened to a 911 where the guy started with...I decided to work the late shift. When I got home, I parked my car in the driveway, but I normally park it in the garage. Came in the house and some lights were on.....eventually got to "my wife has been killed". [yes, the guy did it.]

I don't know if there is such a thing as an average 911 call. How he describes the situation doesn't bother me, probably because I often hear my husband on the phone and wish he would just get to the point with people. I don't know what it is about him, but when he picks up the phone to explain something, what we just discussed and how we discussed it goes right out the window, whether it's the insurance company, a doctor, or even ordering food. All of a sudden he is incapable of speaking and explaining in a straightforward way. Maybe it's because when we are speaking, he has the assumption that I completely understand the shortened version, but with other people he is trying to make sure they understand the back story - even when they don't need to. It drives me bonkers, actually. So I just assume that there are lots of other people who do this, too (in fact, as I'm typing this I am coming up with a list of other people who also drive me nuts doing this).

As for her eyes, I can see me hesitating about the color of my husband's eyes because after 20 years I still don't remember what they technically are (on his license, for instance), because depending on what he's wearing, they can be blue, gray, or green. True story.

Ha! You just described my husband perfectly! I’ve explained over and over that people are busy and he needs to get to the point, but sometimes I just have to leave the room when he is calling a business so I don’t grab the phone from him! So your point about the 911 call being backwards is well taken.

Sherri’s eyes always seem so blue in her photos, but it could be that they’re changeable. I know some people’s are. But mine aren’t and my husband would definitely cause me to roll mine if he said “uh...bluish.” :D

What doesn't make sense is that in the circumstances of a roadside abduction, her phone would've been laid down on the side of the road instead of flung.

KP was intent on LE believing that her phone indicated it was snatched from her head and that he didn't touch it before taking a photo of it. Maybe he was lying.

It is clear he wasnt involved in kidnapping SP. I don't think he knew where she was. But he seemed intent on painting a picture (although he slipped and expressed anger during the call), and I think he may have had an idea of what may have happened and wanted to protect himself and his family from the implications of that perfect family busting image.

IMO it feels like KP felt she had run off with some man. Or tried to fake a kidnapping out of anger at him or for some other reason. I think that's why he used the Find my iPhone app instead of calling her. He was trying to catch her.

I think it's possible he snatched up her phone and rifled through it immediately when he found it and then set it back down carefully and told LE that he took a picture before he had done so, because he was hiding his anger and suspiciousness. I mean a frantic husband might grab up the phone but a frantic husband would've already called and texted it by then.

I have a feeling the phone was not put on the ground like that by SP.

LE seemed pretty certain this is not connected to sex trafficking though. Even an "attempt".

Her phone wasn't found by the mailboxes. It was found on the side of a busy road.

It happens a lot. But two things happen with such women: They are murdered and dumped. They are sexually assaulted and kept prisoner or eventually let go/escape.
She was not murdered nor sexually assaulted.

I read about the case. I had no idea SP went to school with her! I guess I glossed past that. Weird.

Odd.

There are many psychologists who still believe trauma causes memory blocks. But no actual studies show that. Here is a list of the actual studies:

Studies of over than 10,000 trauma victims found none that repressed or recovered memories of trauma. (Pope HG Jr, Oliva PS, Hudson JI. Repressed memories. The scientific status of research on repressed memories. In: FaigmanDL, Kaye DH, Saks MJ, Sanders J, eds. Science in the law: social and behavioral science issues. St. Paul, MN: West Group, 2002, pp 487-526). Similarly, some studies of thousands of abused children found no evidence at all for so-called repressed or recovered memories. Coupled with laboratory studies and other naturalistic investigations, most prominent researchers in the field agree with Harvard University's Richard McNally and consider the notion of repressed memory to be a pernicious bit of psychiatric folklore. (McNallyRJ. The science and folklore of traumatic amnesia. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice 11:29-33, 2004).
http://schoolpsychology.blogspot.com/2007/03/there-is-no-such-thing-as-repressed.html?m=1

Here's an explanation as to how trauma can cause distortions in memory but not loss of it:

In fact, converging evidence demonstrates that experiences of trauma, whether a single event (e.g., a sexual assault) or a sustained stressful experience that might involve multiple trauma types (e.g., experiences at war) are also vulnerable to memory distortion. In fact, traumatic memory distortion appears to follow a particular pattern: people tend to remember experiencing even more trauma than they actually did. This usually translates into greater severity of
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) symptoms over time, as the remembered trauma “grows.” (For research articles documenting this, see the references cited in this post.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ps.../201605/trauma-ptsd-and-memory-distortion?amp

This is one of the studies and explains how some psychs have adhered to the "folklore" of traumatic amnesia:

Some clinical theorists believe that certain experiences are so overwhelmingly traumatic that many victims dissociate their memory for the experience (Cleaves, Smith, Butler, & Spiegel, this issue). Unfortunately, clinicians who endorse this hypothesis often exhibit confusion about the very studies they cite in support of it. For example, they often misinterpret everyday forget-fulness that develops after a trauma with an inability to remember the trauma itself; they confuse organic amnesia with traumatic amnesia; they confuse psychogenic amnesia (massive non-organic retrograde amnesia coupled with loss of personal identity) with (alleged) inability to remember a traumatic event; and they confuse not thinking about something (e.g., sexual abuse) for a long period of time with an inability to remember it (i.e., amnesia). The purpose of this commentary is to dispel some of this confusion.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1093/clipsy.bph056/abstract

One thing we haven't talked about however is head trauma. If she was battered all over her head, well that indeed causes memory loss. LE has intimated that she is too emotionally fragile to remember or talk about it. But what about the concept that she had a head injury? Why haven't they gone there if she was so battered? That would explain a lot.
Important to note that most of these studies focus on false memory syndrome. We're kind of talking about the opposite of whether or not someone who "recovers" memories no one else is aware of are fabricating the memories or not. A lot of these studies are focused on people later remembering sexual abuse as a child, and many have been coaxed into these memory recoveries.

How does one do a study, though, on people who do NOT remember, do not recover memories of trauma, unless they can include in the study other witnesses to the trauma who DO remember?

My entire family is absolutely certain and in agreement that another family member genuinely does not remember many things that occurred during a traumatic period. I can't find any studies on this - the opposite of what the studies you note are about.

Ha! You just described my husband perfectly! I’ve explained over and over that people are busy and he needs to get to the point, but sometimes I just have to leave the room when he is calling a business so I don’t grab the phone from him! So your point about the 911 call being backwards is well taken.

Sherri’s eyes always seem so blue in her photos, but it could be that they’re changeable. I know some people’s are. But mine aren’t and my husband would definitely cause me to roll mine if he said “uh...bluish.” :D
Yes! I leave the room, too. Otherwise I end up butting in, trying to get him to get to the point, and I'm sure that's annoying to him. My step dad is this way with everything, too - doctor's appointments are a nightmare of 30 extra minutes of unnecessary information being communicated like we're sitting in a Cafe shooting the **** with an old friend who might actually care what TV show you were watching when your knee started to hurt. It's maddening. Some people are just like that.

Some oddities regarding the 911 call and transcript IMO:

Does the average 911 call start with how the caller discovered the situation they’re calling about or does the caller cut to the chase and say “My wife is missing” and then fill in the details? If I were the dispatcher I’d be tapping my foot and saying to myself “Get to the point dude.” He sounds so chipper at the beginning.

I’m interested that Keith twice said “the end of his driveway” when referring to where the find-my-phone app showed it was and where he was while calling 911, and then corrected himself to say that he was at the corner where the phone was found. I’ve lived in the rurals and there was a big difference between the end of our driveway and an intersection a half mile away. It makes me wonder why he said that twice.

I’m also interested that he took a picture of the phone, but then picked it up. Yet he stayed at the location of the phone when he called 911. Why pick up the phone if he thinks his wife has been abducted and is calling LE from its location? He could be messing up evidence. Did his photo clearly show that he found it at that intersection or could it have been found at the end of his driveway as indicated?

Also, we know the earbuds cord was coiled neatly, but he says that the phone on the ground indicates that “something happened to her.” He focuses on her strands of hair like the headphones got “ripped off, like they grabbed...” But we know that the cord was neatly coiled and it wasn’t a chunk of hair pulled out. It seems odd that his first thought was that someone harmed her and not that Sherri put her phone down carefully for some reason and forgot to pick it up. It just seems like a huge leap IMO.

He also starts to say “she’s got a whole bunch of missed...” after saying she texted him. I assume he was about to say “calls” and it would be interesting to know who had called and when the missed calls started. Were they all from the same person?

Also, he hesitates about Sherri’s eye color...says “Uh, like a...bluish...blue.” Perhaps he is distracted, but her eyes are clearly blue, so what’s with the “bluish”? My eyes are very blue and there’s no “ish” about it! Of course, some men like my husband have a touch of difficulty distinguishing shades of blue-green, but mine knows my eyes are blue. I’d be saying “What did you mean ‘bluish’ after all these years?!” :mad:

These are just things that I found odd, but don’t necessarily indicate anything deceptive. He may just be odd.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini-abduction-911-audio-sketches-released/

Odd is this case's middle name, isn't it?

FWIW, I used to have a job that involved being in our city's 911 center fairly often. The kind of calls that started out with the wealth of detail he goes into were almost always property disputes - usually something like roommates going their separate ways who were arguing over some item. The caller would use the detail right at the beginning of the call to "build a case" as our 911 operators put it.

The missing persons calls were generally one of two tones: either very upset "OMG, so and so is missing!!" or almost sheepish "I don't know if I should be calling you about this, but so and so should have been home by now."

I don't think we'll ever find out what actually happened here and why.

It's been a year and now bells are going off.

Gamble is an anti kidnapping consultant as well. Hostage negotiator, ransom expert and what-have-you. Seems to me he had a bunker for teaching/simulating a hostage situation.

Creep factor very high.

Yes. And have you seen photos of him and his wife? Could look like the sketches. I wonder if he's been asked to give a DNA sample.

He has a vested interest in "resolving" an abduction like this. And I read on another site from an interview he gave that he was "gone" for several days when she was first abducted.

Lots of weird stuff about him: https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-shady-hostage-negotiator-at-the-center-of-sherri-papinis-abduction

Yes Tera Lynn Smith, when she was 16. Dissapeared while jogging and never found .
But from 1998 I don't see the "eerily similar" part.
http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/joggers-abduction-case-eerily-similar-to-classmates-disappearance/

JMO

Me either. Both blonde and went jogging but one was clearly a murder by a jealous soon to be ex.

Trauma, PTSD, and Memory Distortion

BBM

Interesting article on how trauma can distort a persons memory. Perhaps this can explain Sherri's false memory of her foot being cut.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beastly-behavior/201605/trauma-ptsd-and-memory-distortion

It is an interesting article. And it certainly explains the foot hyperbole. It doesn't explain remembering almost nothing else however. Maybe my brain injury hypothesis does. But then again come to think of it, she remembers rocking a blanket to sleep each night and beating up her captor. As well as a gun shot, etc. What I understand from brain I juries is that there is just a blank. Not selective and detailed memories surrounded by no memories of the parts that could actually lead to identification. Anyone know about brain injury?

Yeah. Even by two women "trying to break into the business."

It's undocumented immigrants, prostitutes and poor/troubled kids who are victims of sex trafficking.

The scenario doesnt make sense. Every story of trafficking I've ever read involves rape immediately within hours or a day. If they learned quickly that she was a high profile case, they would've either killed her or gotten rid of her more quickly. Not kept her for three weeks. Especially after she aupposedly beat one of their heads in. They didn't kill her. Just gave her a shower and politely took her home. After one of them killed the other.

For me the only plausible stranger kidnapping scenario would involve someone slightly in unbalanced like the kook in the Huskins case- someone wacky who thinks they're big-time criminals but are just crazy.

Unless she wasn't jogging.

The thing is, there are a myriad of scenarios that could involve SP ending up held against her will and tormented that don't involve stranger snatching her off the street for some shadowy sex-trafficking network she was never made part of for three weeks.

In addition, if we go with the scenario that these two Hispanic women were bumbling idiots, how did they manage to successfully keep their faces covered for 22 days, even when SP knocked one of those heads into the toilet?

Important to note that most of these studies focus on false memory syndrome. We're kind of talking about the opposite of whether or not someone who "recovers" memories no one else is aware of are fabricating the memories or not. A lot of these studies are focused on people later remembering sexual abuse as a child, and many have been coaxed into these memory recoveries.

How does one do a study, though, on people who do NOT remember, do not recover memories of trauma, unless they can include in the study other witnesses to the trauma who DO remember?

My entire family is absolutely certain and in agreement that another family member genuinely does not remember many things that occurred during a traumatic period. I can't find any studies on this - the opposite of what the studies you note are about.

I understand what you're saying. In the articles, they explain why false memory syndrome is myth - that people who undergo trauma and/or victims of PTSD, can't stop form remembering. Their brains torment them with the memories and even exaggerate or make them worse. But they don't erase them altogether.

Perhaps you and your family are over-remembering and your family member who states they remember things differently either did not experience the event traumatically, and so remembers it more clearly, or they are not telling the truth because it is upsetting.

The key to these studies is that the concept of "traumatic amnesia" - an event so traumatic that the brain refuses to remember - is a myth.

As to the idea that one can't do a study on people who do NOT remember and do not recover memories of trauma, unless they can include in the study other witnesses to the trauma who DO remember, I get your point, but the articles explain how the brain functions when it comes to memory and how the brain stores memories when it comes to trauma.

Here is another article on how it works and why some psychs still misunderstand trauma and memory and adhere to a dissociative amnesia hypothesis:

"ConclusionThe memory wars are not about science against antiscience.Instead, they concern correctly interpreted science in contrastto incorrectly interpreted science. When the science is interpretedproperly, the evidence shows that traumaticevents—those experienced as overwhelmingly terrifying atthe time of their occurrence—are highly memorable and seldom,if ever, forgotten."

http://ww1.cpa-apc.org/Publications/Archives/CJP/2005/november/cjp-nov-05-mcnally-IR-nov.pdf

Other troubles she has (or hasn't?) had: Both cases closed without criminal filings.

But the visit is not the first time that officers from the local police department have been called to the property, according to records obtained by DailyMail.com.
Logs included in the Papini kidnap case file, part of which was made available to DailyMail.com via a public records request, include a note of an incident in September 2010 in which the mother-of-two believed she was victim of an online scam.
Papini made a second call to police just eight months later, in June 2011, claiming that an 'unknown suspect' had obtained her bank details.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icking-children-Redding-CA.html#ixzz4x1HCP1KK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

kinda feel here like I did with Morgan Ingram's case (not posting her thread link here - you can search if you want to waste some more of your time IMO)... like I was wasting my time even reading, and essentially just feeding the crazy.

So, unless I am remembering incorrectly (quite possible) police previously said that the church cameras captured nothing. Not even SP knocking on their door.
Now...the church camera captures SP running up onto the road. But not knocking on their door?
I wonder what else the church camera captured? One would hope that it caught the delivery vehicle either coming or going from the site where they dropped SP off.
I wonder why the police said in the beginning that nothing was seen? Why hold that detail back if it was something as simple as SP running to the road?
So, did she or didn't she knock on that door?

I'm also a runner and agree it would be strange, in most cases. I did, actually, do it recently while running. I always run with my phone in my hand, for a few different reasons. Mostly to watch the timer as I training but also because it helps me not to clench my fists/back. Maybe doesn't make sense but it works for me. Anyway, I was running recently and two sweet older women were pushing their bikes up a hill off of the trail. I could see them struggling so I sat my phone and headphones down (safely but not necessarily neatly or coiled up) and helped them push their bikes up.

Just listened to the 911 tape again, and somethng is still niggling me. If, according to KP's account the phone was put down neatly with earphones carefully wrapped around it, why were there also "chunks of hair" attached?

The 'chunks of hair' thing would seem to imply a struggle. But the way I'm envisioning it, either the phone was flung to the ground during a desperate, vigorous struggle with 'chunks of hair' caught up and attached to some NOT-carefully-wrapped earphone cords - OR - the phone was set down neatly, with earphones carefully wrapped around it (for whatever the reason), and SP's separation from that phone did NOT involve a desperate struggle involving chunks of hair. But I'm not understanding how it could be both.

SP may have struggled with abductors, may have lost chunks of hair, even...but under what plausible scenario would those chunks of hair be carefully wrapped up with the earphones around her phone? I'm trying to envision this, but in my mind's eye there would be no "chunks of hair" attached if Sherri had simply set a carefully wrapped phone down to tie her shoelaces, and then got assaulted and hauled off. So are we to understand the abductors paused to wrap up her phone with those hair chunks after violently separating her from her phone? Or did they allow Sherri to wrap up her phone with those hair chunks post-struggle, prior to her getting into the getaway vehicle?

:seeya:

Regarding KP's 9-1-1 call and transcript:

There is something that's been "bugging me" that I saw at the top of the transcript of the 9-1-1 call on the MSM site, linked below.

It reads:

Transcript of the 911 call, about five minutes long:

[CHP transfers Keith Papini to the 911 dispatcher.]

Papini: Yeah, um, so I just got home from work, and my wife wasn’t there, which is unusual, and my kids should’ve been there now from like day care, so I was like, “Oh, maybe she went on a walk.” Um, I couldn’t find her so I called the day care to see what time she picked up the kids. The kids were never picked up. So I got freaked out so I hit like the Find My iPhone app thing, and it said that — it showed her phone at like the end of our driveway, we don’t have really good service …

911: OK.

Link: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini-abduction-911-audio-sketches-released/

---------------------------------------

RBBM: The CHP has to be the California Highway Patrol.

So why did KP call the CHP and not call 9-1-1 directly when he realized his wife was "missing" ?

Is that standard in California to call CHP first - then they transfer you to 9-1-1 ? Or is there another reason for calling CHP ? Any thoughts ?

All JMO and :moo:

:seeya:

Regarding KP's 9-1-1 call and transcript:

There is something that's been "bugging me" that I saw at the top of the transcript of the 9-1-1 call on the MSM site, linked below.

It reads:

Transcript of the 911 call, about five minutes long:

[CHP transfers Keith Papini to the 911 dispatcher.]

Papini: Yeah, um, so I just got home from work, and my wife wasn’t there, which is unusual, and my kids should’ve been there now from like day care, so I was like, “Oh, maybe she went on a walk.” Um, I couldn’t find her so I called the day care to see what time she picked up the kids. The kids were never picked up. So I got freaked out so I hit like the Find My iPhone app thing, and it said that — it showed her phone at like the end of our driveway, we don’t have really good service …

911: OK.

Link: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini-abduction-911-audio-sketches-released/

---------------------------------------

RBBM: The CHP has to be the California Highway Patrol.

So why did KP call the CHP and not call 9-1-1 directly when he realized his wife was "missing" ?

Is that standard in California to call CHP first - then they transfer you to 9-1-1 ? Or is there another reason for calling CHP ? Any thoughts ?

All JMO and :moo:

Maybe that was a mistake? And it was backwards?

<modsnip>

Her "cultural differences" pinterest board was pretty interesting IMO. Then again, I only use pinterest for saving recipes and home decor pics, so maybe that influenced me being so surprised that someone would have a board dedicated to "cultural differences" memes.

Yes. And have you seen photos of him and his wife? Could look like the sketches. I wonder if he's been asked to give a DNA sample.

He has a vested interest in "resolving" an abduction like this. And I read on another site from an interview he gave that he was "gone" for several days when she was first abducted.

Lots of weird stuff about him: https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-shady-hostage-negotiator-at-the-center-of-sherri-papinis-abduction

<respectfully snipped for focus>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Verrrrrrry interesting about the photo. Even though it’s a bit of a reach, I see what you mean. I don’t think posting a photo here is within TOS, but CG is still on my radar. I expect he’s on LE’s too but you’d think they’d have gotten to the bottom of anything substantive by now. Or they have but don’t have enough yet.

So, unless I am remembering incorrectly (quite possible) police previously said that the church cameras captured nothing. Not even SP knocking on their door.
Now...the church camera captures SP running up onto the road. But not knocking on their door?
I wonder what else the church camera captured? One would hope that it caught the delivery vehicle either coming or going from the site where they dropped SP off.
I wonder why the police said in the beginning that nothing was seen? Why hold that detail back if it was something as simple as SP running to the road?
So, did she or didn't she knock on that door?

IIRC, the people from the church said that there was nothing on the tapes. Perhaps LE was holding that close while they tried to track down vehicles shown in that timeline.

:hilarious::floorlaugh: Haha... are you married to mine? It's his most annoying habit I'm sure. I find myself just making the calls because it's less painful to deal with issues myself than to listen to his life story again before getting to the point.

Yeah, when people give too much information, needless points [alibi] and then finally state why they are calling, my ears perk up. Most people would lead with the Lead. And be freaking out. I recently listened to a 911 where the guy started with...I decided to work the late shift. When I got home, I parked my car in the driveway, but I normally park it in the garage. Came in the house and some lights were on.....eventually got to "my wife has been killed". [yes, the guy did it.]

However, I do agree with this. There is telling too much information because you think people care (i.e. my OH takes his sweet time to tell our family that we are going to visit them briefly that day) and then there is setting the scene.

I haven't followed the thread as much just lately so I couldn't say where we are in the case now but the 911 call for Caliyah McNabb was a whole lot of setting the scene (I was asleep, my partner was asleep, I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old, my 2 year old was awake playing by herself....oh and by the way, my 2 month old is missing) ... Not saying it was a sign of guilt just that it's another one where it has raised questions.

The very few times that I have called 911, the first thing I said was "my friend has collapsed" or " ---- is having a heart attack, I need an ambulance."

Maybe that was a mistake? And it was backwards?

:seeya: I'm a little confused ... lol ... you mean the letters "CHP" may have been a mistake and backwards?

Oh, I googled CHP and the first thing that came up was "California Highway Patrol."

Sidenote: from following the Holly Bobo murder trial, "THP" was the "Tennessee Highway Patrol" ... so the HP for highway patrol is what I was thinking - like a statewide police LE.

:dunno: Makes any sense ?

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members