Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when LE took notice what do you think they made of it?

Well, I have wasted more of my morning doing further research into this ordeal.:rolleyes: This morning I can't find evidence that KP actually did tell his children that she would be home by Thanksgiving, except his own claim that he did so, AFTER SP re-emerged. If there is documentation that he said this in an interview before November 24, 2016, someone please correct me.

If KP has only gone on the record after 9-24 telling reporters he told his children she would be home by Thanksgiving, then it's possible he's only saying this to make himself sound heroic. After she re-emerged, he says he told his kids that HE had found her, which we know isn't technically true, so I wouldn't put it past him to embellish any part of his story.

If LE realized KP only made this claim after SP was discovered on Thanksgiving Day, they may have felt the same.

How is it known SP was out for a jog the morning she disappeared? Did neighbors see her jogging that morning?

http://www.newsweek.com/sherri-papini-1-year-later-cops-say-details-dont-line-california-moms-700262

I'm in the article.

"Ken Ryan, a law enforcement expert, who worked 25 in the industry and now teaches criminology at California State University, said he was “amazed by the coincidences” and thinks the story is most likely false, but at this point police don’t have enough evidence to completely prove it.

“The thing is that they had to take this story as true and investigate it even though they were misled,” Ryan said. “I think it would be irresponsible to clear your hands of this and say it was a hoax without clearly laying out the details.”

Ryan said one of the biggest issues in this case is the two suspects. He said not only do they not meet the normal profile in a kidnapping and torture case because they are women, but since the suspects were able to get away, a crime like this should have happened again."

“In my 25 years I’ve never seen a case like this where someone was kidnapped, held captive for 20 something days then just released,” he said. “None of it makes sense.”

This is precisely what many of us have believed ALL ALONG. It's refreshing to have a law enforcement official finally say this.

http://www.newsweek.com/sherri-papini-1-year-later-cops-say-details-dont-line-california-moms-700262

I'm in the article.

"Ken Ryan, a law enforcement expert, who worked 25 in the industry and now teaches criminology at California State University, said he was “amazed by the coincidences” and thinks the story is most likely false, but at this point police don’t have enough evidence to completely prove it.

“The thing is that they had to take this story as true and investigate it even though they were misled,” Ryan said. “I think it would be irresponsible to clear your hands of this and say it was a hoax without clearly laying out the details.”

Ryan said one of the biggest issues in this case is the two suspects. He said not only do they not meet the normal profile in a kidnapping and torture case because they are women, but since the suspects were able to get away, a crime like this should have happened again."

“In my 25 years I’ve never seen a case like this where someone was kidnapped, held captive for 20 something days then just released,” he said. “None of it makes sense.”

This is precisely what many of us have believed ALL ALONG. It's refreshing to have a law enforcement official finally say this.

Yet I always go back to Denise....
LE actively working on her case flat out said it was a lie and a hoax.
They were wrong.
This guy isn't even on the case.
You just never know....

I'm in the article.

Her poor kids. Sounds like they are in the house 24/7 with either a severely traumatized OR a very unstable mom.

I have to snicker at the article mentioning her "trademarked" long blonde hair. Um, no. And the branding is surely not a "poignant" reminder. Back to journalism school!

I thought about the possibility that she had scheduled a meet-up/date with someone and it went terribly wrong. However the more I thought about that the less likely it seems, because knowing how image is very important to Sherri I don't think she'd meet up with a date wearing a jogging outfit. That got me thinking...we don't really know for sure what she was wearing when she was abducted. If it was a cute little non-jogging outfit, I guess we won't know because she was returned in sweats. Or...is that the reason she returned in sweats?

As much as my gut tells me we are being told a whopper of a story, there are things that I can't explain to myself.
Unless she planned this out very, very well, as in packing a bag full of things she'd need for three weeks, I don't think she did this to herself.
1. Where would she get hose clamps and chain to apply to herself?
2. Would she think to pack a mysterious sweat suit to be released in?
3. Injuring myself again and again (to include breaking my own nose) over time would be something I couldn't do.
4. Where would she have holed up for three weeks?
5. How would she have gotten food, female hygiene products, etc. if she was hiding herself?
6. How would she have gotten to this hiding place, and back to the drop-off point?
7. Wouldn't she worry about infection setting in to her burns and other injuries?

In my mind, this rules out that she didn't do this herself, alone.
Now, if I consider that she had a partner helping her, I guess those questions are all answered.

I wonder if we will ever know what really happened?

[bbm]

but it does fit ... she's done it before and blamed her mom

Just something random happening to SP is seeming more far fetched to me at this point. That's what keeps throwing us off I think. That we keep trying to somehow make this a random abduction and it doesn't fit. Don't know quite why yet, but it doesn't. Also, SP beating the carp out of herself repeatedly and starving herself for weeks doesn't fit either. So, what does fit?

I am not a jogger but I was running errands this am in car and saw several joggers w ear buds happily jogging along..staring straight ahead on their run, intent listening to their music, etc. I imagined how these joggers would react, run,.fall, fight etc. if an attempted abduction...and trying to imagine how the ear buds nicely coiled scenario could happen. And, I just couldn't envision one.

So, I can't get past that fact.

So whatever happened to the half wrapped present. Why half wrap a present an leave for a jog? It just doesn't seem logical. Wouldn't you finish wrapping the present so if someone did come home while she was jogging they wouldn't see it. How long could it have taken to just finish the one present? Is this a normal behavior for her to leave things incomplete? Everyone keeps portraying her as an image of portraying perfectness. Anyone with an ounce of perfectionism or OCD would have finished wrapping that present first.

We don't know for sure what clothes she disappeared in. It's only rumor it was her jogging outfit. And by the way if anyone has ever been on Instagram or Pinterest there are loads of women that pose in their workout clothes because they think they look sexy in them. Heck even SP took a picture of herself in her pink outfit. (linked earlier)

Do we know without a shadow of a doubt she was out jogging when she was taken or is this just speculation because of where the iphone was found? There is no eye witness confirming this. Or is it only SP's word? Couldn't it have been placed there as staging. It could be just planting of evidence for appearance. This is one thing I don't get. How did appear hair was ripped out but neatly wrapped headphones were around it? What if she really was taken from the house and that is a detail that's been kept close to LE only.

Obviously she's a victim here. A victim of something. Could she have staged an abduction with someone else to get money in order for her to disappear with. We know she was talking with other men on the internet. We've seen cases where women just disappear but find out later it was voluntarily because they weren't happy at home. Women do leave their kids and husbands behind all the time. Her mom said they would be willing to pay anything for her return. Maybe the whole money exchange plan started going south and it was decided she would return home. We still have the mystery of the anonymous donor who so generously only wanted to help out THIS particular family.

I am not a jogger but I was running errands this am in car and saw several joggers w ear buds happily jogging along..staring straight ahead on their run, intent listening to their music, etc. I imagined how these joggers would react, run,.fall, fight etc. if an attempted abduction...and trying to imagine how the ear buds nicely coiled scenario could happen. And, I just couldn't envision one.

So, I can't get past that fact.

Unless she was out jogging, a van pulls up with a woman leaning out asking for directions. Would probably be normal to feel safe in that situation (woman).

I thought about the possibility that she had scheduled a meet-up/date with someone and it went terribly wrong. However the more I thought about that the less likely it seems, because knowing how image is very important to Sherri I don't think she'd meet up with a date wearing a jogging outfit. That got me thinking...we don't really know for sure what she was wearing when she was abducted. If it was a cute little non-jogging outfit, I guess we won't know because she was returned in sweats. Or...is that the reason she returned in sweats?

As much as my gut tells me we are being told a whopper of a story, there are things that I can't explain to myself.
Unless she planned this out very, very well, as in packing a bag full of things she'd need for three weeks, I don't think she did this to herself.
1. Where would she get hose clamps and chain to apply to herself?
2. Would she think to pack a mysterious sweat suit to be released in?
3. Injuring myself again and again (to include breaking my own nose) over time would be something I couldn't do.
4. Where would she have holed up for three weeks?
5. How would she have gotten food, female hygiene products, etc. if she was hiding herself?
6. How would she have gotten to this hiding place, and back to the drop-off point?
7. Wouldn't she worry about infection setting in to her burns and other injuries?

In my mind, this rules out that she didn't do this herself, alone.
Now, if I consider that she had a partner helping her, I guess those questions are all answered.

I wonder if we will ever know what really happened?
I agree. As to whether we will know what happened I believe that we will, otherwise LE would have released a different kind of statement saying they have closed the case.

How is it known SP was out for a jog the morning she disappeared? Did neighbors see her jogging that morning?

Did anyone drive by and see her? I know LE can't find out who did drive by that day, but if someone had seen her I think they would come forward and tell them.

Did anyone drive by and see her? I know LE can't find out who did drive by that day, but if someone had seen her I think they would come forward and tell them.

I'll look for a link, but I seem to remember that there were a few people that reported seeing her jogging, but the times were confusing. Maybe someone else here remembers more clearly or has a link right handy.

ETA: Here is a link that talks about some people cutting trees seeing her at 11.
http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

Here is a post from WS that talks about the original report being made that she was seen jogging at 2:00 pm.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-2&p=12926022#post12926022

Has there been any clue about why she (allegedly?) harmed herself and blamed her family? I haven't followed this case super regularly so I may have missed this. I am wondering what motivated her. Does her family hurt her emotionally somehow, and she lashed out this way as some kind of payback?

I am trying to figure out if something similar triggered her prior to the disappearance, like if she feels very controlled or pressured or overwhelmed somehow, and it just becomes too much. And perhaps she isn't emotionally healthy or mature enough to deal in a constructive way, or is punished or minimized if she tries.

You know how little kids think, "Well, I'll run away and THEN they'll be sorry"? Maybe this was some sort of unstable-adult version. Just wild speculation and MOO obviously.

I would not even suggest this except for the past incidents alleged by her family.

I really don't think she set out to create a hoax on the public, and I suspect that, no matter what really happened including a genuine kidnapping, she never imagined all this attention and scrutiny.

I'll look for a link, but I seem to remember that there were a few people that reported seeing her jogging, but the times were confusing. Maybe someone else here remembers more clearly or has a link right handy.
Don't have a link handy but there were indeed two different reported sightings. One was in the 11:00am to 12:00pm range and the other was after 2:00pm. I believe one of the sightings was from people that worked for a tree trimming company and the other was some neighbor that saw her.

Let's think about this for a minute. KP said she was out jogging yet a 1/2 wrapped present was left at home.KP said she was in a jogging outfit. Where is the evidence? Neighbors say she wasn't known for being seen out jogging. There's a 1/2 wrapped present left behind. SP ear buds were neatly wrapped around her phone and left at the side of the road. There's a 1/2 wrapped present left at home!
I wonder if she was actually taken (or went willingly, although under false pretenses) from her home, suddenly, by someone she knew, (no sign of a struggle) who then left her ear buds and cell phone neatly at the side of the rod so she couldn't be tracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18