Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The unknown male DNA is interesting and so is a lack of a motive for the two captors. Of course the clothing could have already had male DNA on it when they gave the clothing to her.

The mystery man she texted is interesting as well. What if she had other friends she chatted in that manner, maybe even romantically, and they ended up turning on her. What if she made up the two captors out of embarrassment to getting fooled so easily by an acquaintance she thought she could trust. Maybe their profiles are so random and not as likely on purpose so no one easily could fit that description so no one would be wrongfully arrested or accused. Maybe she was even worried her husband would leave if he found out. What surprises me is that she hasn't spoken out as a survivor to this type of crime, sure not everyone does, but a lot have even written books about their ordeal. Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Lee Duggard, and the Cleveland three just to name a few.

Another thing I'm wondering is if her and Keith were fighting prior to her disappearance or if something happened where they were rocky. I read an article today that suggests she had tried to harm herself before.

"police calls surfaced showing she had several run-ins with authorities, including one call where her mother said Papini was harming herself and trying to blame her for it." source: www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com...etails-dont-line-california-moms-700262?amp=1

The unknown male DNA is interesting and so is a lack of a motive for the two captors. Of course the clothing could have already had male DNA on it when they gave the clothing to her.

The mystery man she texted is interesting as well. What if she had other friends she chatted in that manner, maybe even romantically, and they ended up turning on her. What if she made up the two captors out of embarrassment to getting fooled so easily by an acquaintance she thought she could trust. Maybe their profiles are so random and not as likely on purpose so no one easily could fit that description so no one would be wrongfully arrested or accused. Maybe she was even worried her husband would leave if he found out. What surprises me is that she hasn't spoken out as a survivor to this type of crime, sure not everyone does, but a lot have even written books about their ordeal. Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Lee Duggard, and the Cleveland three just to name a few.

Another thing I'm wondering is if her and Keith were fighting prior to her disappearance or if something happened where they were rocky. I read an article today that suggests she had tried to harm herself before.

"police calls surfaced showing she had several run-ins with authorities, including one call where her mother said Papini was harming herself and trying to blame her for it."
source: www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com...etails-dont-line-california-moms-700262?amp=1

BBM: I think this was not an actual self-harm attempt but rather a get her mother in some type of trouble attempt. MOO and all.

BBM: I think this was not an actual self-harm attempt but rather a get her mother in some type of trouble attempt. MOO and all.
Cry for attention maybe? I've seen/heard of behavior like that before. I had a family member cry "heart attack" before when her and her husband were talking about getting a divorce. She went to the hospital and was diagnosed with a panic attack. The same relative throws it in her husband's face that it's his fault she has depression and that she has to take depression meds for it. That's the impression I got from SP blaming her mother.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Cry for attention maybe? I've seen/heard of behavior like that before. I had a family member cry "heart attack" before when her and her husband were talking about getting a divorce. She went to the hospital and was diagnosed with a panic attack. The same relative throws it in her husband's face that it's his fault she has depression and that she has to take depression meds for it. That's the impression I got from SP blaming her mother.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/stdi-1tIUhM

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As an explanation for Sherri’s little “sortie” , I would put human trafficking as a possible explanation right up there with “ alien abduction”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do that for all missing middle-class white women. Human traffickers target almost exclusively poor minorities, mostly those in the country illegally.

As an explanation for Sherri’s little “sortie” , I would put human trafficking as a possible explanation right up there with “ alien abduction”.

I thought it might be good for comparison...

:moo: :cow:

It’s also far from factual that women go around snatching other women off the street in broad daylight for sex trafficking. I also can’t imagine two dangerous, gun toting Latinas snatching a woman in broad daylight for sex trafficking, and releasing said woman without anyone having sex with her.

I think it’s fair to say that a lot of sex traffickers in the US target and groom vulnerable young women. They aren’t snatching people off the street. And yes I’m sure it happens. But it isn’t the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://humantraffickinghotline.org/what-human-trafficking/human-trafficking/victims

"Runaway and homeless youth are vulnerable to trafficking. A study in Chicago found that 56 percent of prostituted women were initially runaway youth and similar numbers have been identified for male populations. Runaway and homeless youth lack a strong supportive network and runaway to unfamiliar environments are particularly at risk of trafficking. Runaway youth are often approached by traffickers at transportation hubs, shelters or other public spaces. These traffickers pretend to be a boyfriend or significant other, using feigned affection and manipulation to elicit commercial sex or services from the victim.

Foreign nationals who are trafficked within the United States face unique challenges that may leave them more susceptible to trafficking and exploitation. In 2013, 32 percent of calls with high indicators of human trafficking to the NHTRC referenced foreign nationals. Recruiters located in home countries frequently require such large recruitment and travel fees that victims become highly indebted to the recruiters and traffickers. These fees are inflated far beyond cost in order to create economic instability and dependency on the new employer or trafficker. Traffickers leverage the non-portability of many work visas as well as the lack of familiarity with surroundings, laws and rights, language fluency, and cultural understanding in order to control and manipulate victims.

Individuals who have experienced violence and trauma in the past are more vulnerable to future exploitation, as the psychological effect of trauma is often long-lasting and challenging to overcome. Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, war and conflict or social discrimination may be targeted by traffickers, who recognize the vulnerabilities left by these prior abuses. Violence and abuse may be normalized or beliefs of shame or unworthiness lead to future susceptibility to human trafficking."

Middle-class white women who are just walking are not the main demographic of human trafficking victims.

The term “human trafficking” conflates a number of distinct situations. It basically refers to any instance where someone is compelled to work as a sex worker: either without their consent or under threat of some sort of harm.

The overwhelming majority of Human Trafficking that are identified in Western countries are situations where the victim is under legal age (18 in the US) because they would not be legally able to grant consent, or when the victim comes from a poor country and the trafficker is able to use the victims lack of rights in the country they are in and the ability to hurt them in their home country to force compliance. Additional situations that involve victims who are mentally ill, addicted to drugs or otherwise unable to leave the trafficker may apply.

A situation where a regular woman with no mental health or lifestyle issues is abducted off the street and forced into sex work under the threat of physical harm would certainly represent an example of “ human trafficking “. It just isn’t certain that such situations actually exist in Western countries today.

I do that for all missing middle-class white women. Human traffickers target almost exclusively poor minorities, mostly those in the country illegally.
For the record, I was specifically addressing the bolded comment. Human traffickers do NOT target almost exclusively poor minorities, mostly those in the country illegally. That statement is very far from factual, as proven by thoroughly reading the articles posted since then, and all the articles in the HTAT, and Google searches, just to name a few places to start reading.

Some experts have suggested sex-trafficking as the motive, but Jackson says it seems unlikely.

“Just on the facts that we know, it doesn’t seem to be a sex trafficking or a sexual abduction in nature, and that is what we are trying to figure out: What was the purpose?” he says.

Joe Giacalone, a retired New York City police sergeant and professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, agrees with Jackson and says sex traffickers would never have released Papini. source: http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-kidnapping-update-unanswered-burning-questions/

I don't think her abduction has to do with sex trafficking. She told investigators she wasn't sexually assaulted for one, and there also was no physical evidence to prove otherwise. I also agree with this retired officer that if it was sex trafficking she likely would have never been released.

The DNA findings are interesting. Who was the mystery male DNA from? The whole thing is just too bizarre. For one, kidnappers usually have a motive and it seems a majority are sexually related, but Sherri wasn't assaulted..hmmm...Ransom would be another reason, but a demand for ransom never occurred.

Another thing I personally found interesting was her captors hid their faces from her for three weeks! I just find that inconvenient for them for some reason. Unless they were Muslim women with hijabs, but one of the sketches clearly is wearing a bandanna so that's unlikely.

I've been looking up kidnapping stories to see if I can find any they seemingly have no motive, but haven't found one yet. When it comes to her story I personally am skeptical for a number of reasons, but at the same time, she is a victim. It just is strange how long it took for the sketches to be released. Aren't they concerned they could of had other victims during that time period?

Very possible. I think we discussed this earlier on the thread if I’m not mistaken, but it’s always good to be reminded. I believe this company is only doing fake kidnappings on a corporate level now, as I recall from the previous discussion. But, of course, they may not be the only ones providing this “service.”

Well, yes and no. Most labor traffickers target almost exclusively people here illegally. The vast majority of sex trafficked persons in the states are US citizens.

However, this myth of white ladies and middle class white children being stolen for sex rings is absolute nonsense.

SP doesn't fit any of the known demographics of sex trafficking victims in the US. They are indeed, mostly minorities, the largest percentage being black. 70% are minorities.

They are overwhelmingly poor.

Adult victims are typically already prostitutes who are taken across state lines by pimps or by themselves. That's called sex trafficking. Even if they go willingly or on their own volition. That is still sex trafficking and makes up the major portion of sex trafficking cases.

The next biggest demographic is runaway and/or at risk youth who are lured, and trafficked. They typically have mental health or addiction issues, or a history of abuse, extreme family dysfunction, a background of poverty, etc., all of which make them susceptible to sex traffickers. And most of the kids trafficked are minorities.

Age range, again, the vast majority are under the age of 26 (87% age 25 and under). Only around 3% are older than 35.

http://victimsofcrime.org/docs/ncvrw2013/2013ncvrw_stats_humantrafficking.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Risk factors for trafficking:

Self-Reported to NHTRC and BeFree
1. Poverty
2. Homelessness
3. Substance Use
4. Sexual Abuse/Assault
5. Child Abuse/Neglect
6. Runaway
7. Youth Involved with the Child Welfare and/or
Juvenile Justice System
8. Domestic Violence
9. LGBTQ
10. Mental Health Concerns
Self-Reported by Polaris Clients
1. Child Abuse/Neglect
2. Homelessness
3. Runaway
4. Sexual Abuse/Assault
5. Domestic Violence
6. Poverty
7. Youth Involved with the Child Welfare and/or
Juvenile Justice System
8. Mental Health Concerns
9. Substance Use
10. Other Type of Trauma

https://polarisproject.org/sites/default/files/us-citizen-sex-trafficking.pdf

"Indeed, children of color make up a disproportionate number of sexually
exploited children in the United States.98 For example, most of the sexually exploited
persons in major Texas cities, such as Houston, are racial minorities and
come from economically vulnerable backgrounds.99 A recent study, Prostituted
Youth, found that 50 percent of all streetwalking prostituted minors in New York
City—the largest subgroup—consisted of Black minors, while another 25 percent
were Latino.100 A separate study found that up to 67 percent of underage
prostitutes in New York were Black and another 20 percent were Latino.101 This
is a vastly disproportionate rate, since African Americans make up only 26
percent of the population in New York City.102 This pattern of disproportionality
also exists in California.103 For example, in Alameda County, 66 percent of
all youth referred to a community agency exclusively serving commercially sexually
exploited children were African American.104
Statistics show that these racial profiles mirror a national epidemic. The
U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics determined that between 2008 and 2010,
nonwhite children accounted for 358 of the 460 cases of child sex trafficking
investigated by the U.S. Department of Justice, and a majority of these 358
confirmed victims were reported to be Black and Latino.105 Likewise, a 2013
National Juvenile Prostitution Study found that a disproportionate number of
child sex trafficking victimswere African American.106"

https://www.uclalawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Butler-final_8.15.pdf

The likliehood that SP was the victim of sex trafficking is extremely remote, IMO.

What a world we live in, where fake kidnappings can be provided as a service. Other than bizarre role playing, what would be the purpose?

About the kidnappers having their faces covered for 3 weeks... were their faces covered for the majority of that, or was hers the one covered most of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota