Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking and reading and want to jump in with a random thought here....

If it was Sherri's cheque book that was found nearby (no MSM link for this, but it has been discussed throughout this thread) then why did she leave her ID at home?
Most stores (in Canada, anyhow) require that you show two pieces of ID when you write a cheque.

...Back to lurking.
No one has confirmed that the checkbook belonged to her. I highly doubt it did.

Still nothing ??! All bad............

I don't have any idea what can be done to find this woman. I hope the cops have gone door to door all the way up and down Sunrise Drive and interviewed every single person that lives along that road and ask if they have any surveillance video or game camera pictures. Somebody in that neighborhood was bound to have seen the vehicle she was transported in and simply doesn't realize it. Matter of fact, they may have seen it twice that morning, going to and from .
BBM

I believe LE has done what you suggest. I want to emphasize your point about noticing the vehicle with a couple of examples from my experience. A strange vehicle is sometimes the only clue.

When our home was burglarized in 1977, the detective learned from a neighbor that he had seen a strange car go down our rural road while he was sitting outside. The detective recognized the description as a car seen leaving a number of burglaries in our county. This was the only clue. He told me, I told a friend, my friend spotted the car parked on nearby property. A little more stealth detective work with my friend and there was enough evidence for a search warrant and a bust. All thanks to my neighbor being observant and telling the detective.

Another time when we lived in a neighborhood, I observed four young men park an unfamiliar car in an apartment building parking lot. They walked off down the street so I knew they weren't visiting and I knew they didn't live nearby. I called the police and it turned out to be a stolen car. If I hadn't been looking out my kitchen window and been nosy/suspicious the car wouldn't have been found as quickly.

The lesson: Pay attention in your neighborhood and don't be afraid to tell the police if you see something out of place. Let's hope someone in Sherri's neighborhood did that.

I was wondering the same thing. I have long hair and would always wear it up while jogging, maybe not walking, but jogging yes. The only thing I can think of is maybe the hair was tangled in the earbuds before? However she seems like a type A and having hair in earbuds and not cleaning it out seems out of character for her.

Her hair looks *really* long. I have long hair too, and it gets everywhere. Like literally everywhere. If I'm running with a ponytail, it will whip around my head. I've gotten my hair stuck in pretty much everything, lol. I can see, if she whipped her headphones off quickly, it could catch hair, especially if she was looking down.

I keep thinking she was taken from her home too. One reason is for the half wrapped present and the other is because of the scent dogs not picking up her scent. I'm not really trusting the last time people claim to have seen her. Do you know how many jogging females there are in California with long blonde hair, and tiny build? That's a stereotypical California girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do we know for sure about the dogs? One article, in the context of talking about a mountain lion possibly attacking her, mentioned the dogs were not able to locate "a body." Have you found any other information about the dogs?

I have been lurking and reading and want to jump in with a random thought here....

If it was Sherri's cheque book that was found nearby (no MSM link for this, but it has been discussed throughout this thread) then why did she leave her ID at home?
Most stores (in Canada, anyhow) require that you show two pieces of ID when you write a cheque.

...Back to lurking.

My initial thought that was perhaps she was going to pay the day care?

Still nothing ??! All bad............

I don't have any idea what can be done to find this woman. I hope the cops have gone door to door all the way up and down Sunrise Drive and interviewed every single person that lives along that road and ask if they have any surveillance video or game camera pictures. Somebody in that neighborhood was bound to have seen the vehicle she was transported in and simply doesn't realize it. Matter of fact, they may have seen it twice that morning, going to and from .

All true. unless the perp here is a local, and no one would think it was unusual to see his vehicle. jmo

What do we know for sure about the dogs? One article, in the context of talking about a mountain lion possibly attacking her, mentioned the dogs were not able to locate "a body." Have you found any other information about the dogs?

In another thread a while back I read an article that the dogs were not able to track her scent. I will look for it or one like it and post if I find it!

Her hair looks *really* long. I have long hair too, and it gets everywhere. Like literally everywhere. If I'm running with a ponytail, it will whip around my head. I've gotten my hair stuck in pretty much everything, lol. I can see, if she whipped her headphones off quickly, it could catch hair, especially if she was looking down.

The question in my mind does "strands" of hair mean a few hairs or a big chunk? A big chunk of strands infers something much different....

We had the same problem when trying to figure out where KB and boyfriend were. We had no clues. Thank god a detective was on the case and they found her!

And we were throwing everything against the wall before we knew. We didn't have actual clues but we found factual information to examine and explore.

JMO but I appreciate the different perspectives - especially when they can be supported or defended - but it also drives me nuts when they're just randomly proposed or presented as fact the way the shoe or checkbook were brought up here, for instance.

several of the reports used the word body.

Keith Papini contacted the police. Authorities conducted several organized searches using scent dogs and helicopters. but said they found no additional signs of the missing woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/find-my-iphone-mom-disappearance_us_58239ddbe4b0aac624890665

Passing a polygraph test does not mean 'cleared' - they are unreliable at best and often misleading. I have no idea what happened to her, but I believe all bets are still on the table.

There are cameras somewhere that they've looked at and they've said they haven't seen her on them, which is why I question if she jogged at all that day:
"After combing through surveillance video, the Shasta County Sheriff's office says there has been no sign of missing Shasta County mom, Sherri Papini since she vanished on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 while out for a run in the Mountain Gate area.

According to Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko, law enforcement has been going through surveillance footage from homes and businesses in the area where Papini disappeared."
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/crime/sh...to-investigate-papini-disappearance/146261017

Also from the same article this makes me question whether she ever left the home to jog: "Her driver license, credit cards and cash were all left at home." When I jog/walk, I always take my driver's license for ID. Something for instance could have happened at the home and the perp(s) tossed the items when they were in their car at the intersection.

I live in an area without home mail delivery. Mail boxes are at the end of the street. Property crime seems to be on the increase and includes stolen bicycles, stolen mail, auto theft, breaking and entering, and packages and other items stolen from porches and side yards. Home security cameras are rarely focused on the street, and sometimes don't give you a clear view of the face of an intruder standing in your living room. Two nearby communities, Tiburon and Belvedere, have installed license plate reader cameras. I think their camera programs may have shifted crime across the freeway to my neighborhood.

How Tiburon’s License-Plate Readers Track Drivers–and Sometimes Track Down Criminals
By Laird Harrison
APRIL 23, 2013
https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2013/04/23/how-license-plate-readers-track-your-movements-in-tiburon/

Belvedere City Council approves cameras for scanning license plates
By Janis Mara
POSTED: 11/11/14, 12:01 AM PST
http://www.marinij.com/general-news...-approves-cameras-for-scanning-license-plates

In what situation would you ever need your ID?

Both for health reasons and for LE reasons. In CA it's legal to not show LE your ID, but I would expect to be watched very carefully and to get a lot of hassle if for instance I was mistaken by someone for having been a burglar/prowler where having an ID when being questioned by LE would go much quicker instead of me being identified as a possible criminal who failed to present identification.

I keep thinking she was taken from her home too. One reason is for the half wrapped present and the other is because of the scent dogs not picking up her scent. I'm not really trusting the last time people claim to have seen her. Do you know how many jogging females there are in California with long blonde hair, and tiny build? That's a stereotypical California girl.

Not sure I'd be quick to dismiss the eyewitness report. Sherri was a jogger. She ran regularly during the day, presumably when the children were in daycare. Her earbuds and phone were about a mile from home along her regular jogging route. Keith seems to be pretty confident in the ID by the people cutting down the tree. Maybe they were even neighbors who recognized her. Besides, they ID'd her within hours of the disappearance. It's not like they were asked days or weeks later to remember if they saw her. We also know there was no sign of a struggle in or near her home. So, even if we can't be certain she was out jogging, it sure looks like it.

Passing a polygraph test does not mean 'cleared' - they are unreliable at best and often misleading. I have no idea what happened to her, but I believe all bets are still on the table.
He was cleared for more reasons than just passing a polygraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6