Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing gloves. I don't see any delineation either between two gloves or between the fingers of a single glove. Looks like one large item with a couple crinkles. Picture is kind of low res though.

It was one glove found. Not two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help me understand what specifically makes it feel planted. What would a non-planted phone look like?

It would be in a more obscure area rather than having supposedly got to the mailboxes at around lunchtime. If this was some random person attacking SP out of the blue, amongst others they could have ran into KP witnessing the abduction as he came home for lunch. It would be extremely brazen and risky - and needlessly so - to do it at that specific location at that specific time. I think there was quote from either LE or the PI about how unusual it was that nobody saw the attack there.

I don't get a suicide vibe - no mention of a history of depression, mental health issues or addiction. Plus there is her pretty apparent adoration for her husband & kids. Also - she's a runner - which running is a sign of a concern for ones own health as well as a known way of lifting ones spirits.

Did they drug test KP do we know?

I didn't either, until it was revealed that her phone stopped communicating at noon. It's possible she turned it off. And that makes me think of Jennifer Huston.

To me this looks like an interior side pocket that has been ripped from a jacket. JMO MOO

I'm not seeing gloves. I don't see any delineation either between two gloves or between the fingers of a single glove. Looks like one large item with a couple crinkles. Picture is kind of low res though.

Its one black glove surrounded by pink marking tape and tagged evidence marker 3. The earbuds were not found at this location and are not in the photo. This was discussed in detail and corroborated by LE earlier.

...That intersection is 2.1 miles from her house and a bit out of the way for a loop run, it kind of becomes a dirt road after a cul de sac, then kind of a bushwack to Union School Rd to head back towards her house. As a jogger, that is not a route I would take with all the quiet residential back roads on more level ground up by her house. The elevation difference from her house to this intersection is over 100 feet, not saying Sherri would be adverse to running up and down hills, but again, as a runner, I would not want to be on that hill. My point is that I do not think this argument is related to the case.

Is there a store that would have been closer to her house than the Chevron? I'm just wondering if she was wrapping a gift but ran out of tape and figured she'd jog down to the store for more. They would have basic supplies like that.

I do agree that it's very risky to abduct someone at a busy intersection in front of a commercial establishment. Seems unlikely. But then again, weirder things have happened.

The other thing that occurs to me with the gift is that maybe it was being worked on in an area of the house that he wasn't likely to visit on a trip home for lunch. Lunch doesn't last long, and he probably wouldn't have gone in every room of the house, whether she was there or not. She could have figured she could leave it out and finish wrapping it later in the day if he wasn't likely to see it. (Something I would do.)

It would be in a more obscure area rather than having supposedly got to the mailboxes at around lunchtime. If this was some random person attacking SP out of the blue, amongst others they could have ran into KP witnessing the abduction as he came home for lunch. It would be extremely brazen and risky - and needlessly so - to do it at that specific location at that specific time. I think there was quote from either LE or the PI about how unusual it was that nobody saw the attack there.

I still don't see where the phone being found by the mailbox is coming from. OT, but IMO it would really help to have a wiki or something where facts backed up by evidence could all be kept in a single location. In the long threads here it seems sometimes someone ponders something or throws something out there as a guess and it's repeated a couple of times and suddenly becomes fact from there on out.

It's too "neat". I mentioned from the beginning - why is it laying right there on the side of the road? Why not thrown off a bridge or into the woods? Why not crushed? Why is it laying there looking like it's just waiting to be found, intact? It appears dropped, not thrown. Like it was meant to be found. Right there in that spot. A phone is untraceable if it's in the water, right? So why was it left in plain sight? It was also possibly turned off beforehand. Why, if it was being discarded? So ... it feels like planted to me. That's all I got.
Possible, I guess. But Sherri could've dropped it during the abduction. Or the perp could have knocked it out of her hands. The main concern, from the perp's perspective, would be to ensure Sherri lost control of it ASAP, before getting her into his vehicle. Would the perp, if he pounced on her by surprise, be any more concerned about the phone than that? I tend to think not. But at this point, who knows?

Its one black glove surrounded by pink marking tape and tagged evidence marker 3. The earbuds were not found at this location and are not in the photo. This was discussed in detail and corroborated by LE earlier.

Where was it discussed by LE that they found a black glove?

Wait, WHO says it's a black glove, besides speculation here? I don't remember reading that anywhere. If that's a fact, it seems potentially significant, to say the least.

The other thing that occurs to me with the gift is that maybe it was being worked on in an area of the house that he wasn't likely to visit on a trip home for lunch. Lunch doesn't last long, and he probably wouldn't have gone in every room of the house, whether she was there or not. She could have figured she could leave it out and finish wrapping it later in the day if he wasn't likely to see it. (Something I would do.)

I would agree if he hadn't made a point of stating that it wasn't there when he left. And he said gifts...plural.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

To play devil's advocate, it would also fit an abduction perfectly well IMO. Someone sneaks up on her, grabs her, and the phone is dropped in the struggle. Or the perp takes it from her and throws it down at the scene.
Seems very plausible to me. I guess I'm not inclined to make things more complicated.

I totally understand why he started speaking up on FB though. If he knew that KP had been at work with lots of witnesses and LE had interviewed witnesses and seen the GPS in the work vehicle, it would be hard to keep quiet when seeing people say that he probably snuck away from work and killed her---when he knew differently, or thinks so anyway.

Am I correct in remembering that he appointed himself the family spokesperson, and that was contradicted by Sherri's sister or sister in law?
I may have misunderstood. That makes the wheels in my head turn a bit.

I still don't see where the phone being found by the mailbox is coming from. OT, but IMO it would really help to have a wiki or something where facts backed up by evidence could all be kept in a single location. In the long threads here it seems sometimes someone ponders something or throws something out there as a guess and it's repeated a couple of times and suddenly becomes fact from there on out.

It is described as the phone being found close to road at that intersection per LE:
Bosenko explained Keith tracked her phone and found it along with her ear-buds at the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail.

"He found her phone close to the road ...and then what happened is,” Shelia took a deep breath, paused and said, “He called the authorities immediately.''
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ng-shasta-county-woman-was-abducted/141741841

Am I correct in remembering that he appointed himself the family spokesperson, and that was contradicted by Sherri's sister or sister in law?
I may have misunderstood. That makes the wheels in my head turn a bit.
I *think* what happened, if I'm remembering correctly is the reporter assumed FIL was spokesperson because he was so outspoken and Sherri's sister corrected the reporter.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member