Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And from this report:

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ng-shasta-county-woman-was-abducted/141741841

"Bosenko explained Keith tracked her phone and found it along with her ear-buds at the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail.

"He found her phone close to the road ...and then what happened is,” Shelia took a deep breath, paused and said, “He called the authorities immediately.''

A lieutenant with the sheriff's office explained there was hair on the ear buds, but not a significant amount to cause concern."

It is described as the phone being found close to road at that intersection per LE:
Bosenko explained Keith tracked her phone and found it along with her ear-buds at the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail.

"He found her phone close to the road ...and then what happened is,” Shelia took a deep breath, paused and said, “He called the authorities immediately.''
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ng-shasta-county-woman-was-abducted/141741841

Ok, cool. Now can anyone point out the mailboxes? I don't see any mailboxes at that intersection.

And from this report:

"Bosenko explained Keith tracked her phone and found it along with her ear-buds at the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail.

A lieutenant with the sheriff's office explained there was hair on the ear buds, but not a significant amount to cause concern."
Which is interesting because Keith makes the hair seem significant. He said something about it not being normal.

To me, 6-8 strands of someone with long hair sounds totally normal.

Eta: Keith confirms that a few strands of hair were found — maybe between three and eight strands — but says “it wasn’t a normal thing.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...terview/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

His choice of words, "her cell phone connections went dead" isn't very helpful, for sure.

I'm thinking the 11:00 AM sighting might be valid. She was taken and her phone placed out in that location by the abductor.

I have an android phone and I can see if my texts were read. Can you do that on an IPhone? In any event that seems to suggest she may not have seen Keith's text at 1:39 narrowing the time frame and why they started saying late morning/ early afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes there is a feature on iphone on imessages where you can turn on a feature called "read receipts" and it notifies whomever texts you via imessage that you have read the message.

Ok, cool. Now can anyone point out the mailboxes? I don't see any mailboxes at that intersection.
e9ed3b0b6fdf7779e8f97fe22723b018.jpg

Are all the letterboxes locked? One would think it would be a good place to have cameras if they aren't locked

Even LE won't call it an abduction and they know a lot more than we do.

Until they can rule out other possibilities, I would expect them to be cautious. By now, though, you'd think they probably are leaning, even if slightly, in one direction or another.

Are all the letterboxes locked? One would think it would be a good place to have cameras if they aren't locked

I was wondering about surveillance, too ... since messing with mail is a federal offense. But if they had that footage, I think this case would be solved ...

The mailboxes are visible behind the reporter at 0:39.

You can have a look around from the intersection using this live link from google maps: LINK.

That's a view of the mailboxes on Sunrise Drive from Old Oregon Trail.

Ah so he just threw himself in there in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe he did to defend both Keith and Sherri. People were making horrible accusations on social media that Keith did it, or she left voluntarily. I probably would have done the same thing if it were my loved one missing after seeing horrible comments. I would want everyone out there looking for them, not wasting time accusing someone who had been cleared, or stating that my loved one left voluntarily when I knew for certain that they didn't. My heart breaks for this family. :crying:

Until they can rule out other possibilities, I would expect them to be cautious. By now, though, you'd think they probably are leaning, even if slightly, in one direction or another.

Yes, and have a press conference to inform the public of their findings ...

Thank you for taking the time to explain that. Why would someone bother to shut the phone off or remove the battery if they were just going to toss it?

And if the phone lost connection at noon, remained at the mailboxes, it suggests she disappeared there at noon ... so the 2pm jogging sighting is improbable. She was missing within one hour of asking her husband if he was coming home for lunch.

Maybe the abductor threw it out the window driving down the road...

I *think* what happened, if I'm remembering correctly is the reporter assumed FIL was spokesperson because he was so outspoken and Sherri's sister corrected the reporter.

Hmm. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I would almost bet I saw him identify himself on FB Find page as the spokesman. If I get time, I'll go look through the back posts and see if I can find it. I thought of him as that to, until I saw the article contradicting that.

Maybe the abductor threw it out the window driving down the road...

I just imagine if I were abducting someone I would THROW IT FAR FAR out of sight, off a bridge, run it over, etc. But ... I'm not a deranged lunatic so I can't fathom how they think. :)

I would agree if he hadn't made a point of stating that it wasn't there when he left. And he said gifts...plural.

Sure, but the gift(s) could have been in an area of the house he'd been in in the morning but not likely to visit/see at lunchtime.

I just think of my own household, where my husband is, at least briefly, in almost every room of the house in the morning, but on a quick trip home for lunch only usually visits the kitchen, dining area, living room and maybe the bathroom. Would have no reason to go into the den/office, bedrooms, etc. at lunchtime, although he's in those rooms each morning.

I thought it was just one gift -- a pillow with a flag design? But one or two gifts, I can't see how that would really make a difference.

Hmm. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I would almost bet I saw him identify himself on FB Find page as the spokesman. If I get time, I'll go look through the back posts and see if I can find it. I thought of him as that to, until I saw the article contradicting that.
Maybe on fb he did, but this was an interview in an MSM article.

And I could be misremembering the article, I'll try to find it. It was pretty early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member