Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the abductor threw it out the window driving down the road...
If the abductor grabs her while jogging, he probably needs two hands to hold and drag her into his vehicle. In that scenario, it makes sense that he wouldn't bother to pick up the phone, if it had been dropped during the struggle. He needs to keep her under control and get the heck out of there.

Awesome, thank you. I see them now on street view and they are indeed right at that intersection. It's definitely not what I'd consider a busy area, but it's not desolate either. If they were actually found on the other side of Old Oregon Trail across the street from the mailboxes I could easily see them sitting there for hours or even days with nobody noticing. But there's also a couple of houses that would have a fairly unobstructed view of any crime happening there so it does seem like anyone trying to abduct someone would be taking a risk.

Found on the same side of Old Oregon Trail, if you turn right going north from Sunrise Dr. -- on Old Oregon Trail in front of house at 14115.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104317&stc=1

Does anyone know what that big white thing is next to the mailboxes? (you can see it if you do one rotation to the right where it's further up the road next to the mailboxes and then adjust around on StreetView):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf471d7d4ef50f3e8!6m1!1e1
It seems like a covered rest area or something.

I wonder if it's one of those larger mail boxes you place and receive packages in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if she dropped it while trying to defend herself.

For some reason the unknown object marked 3 makes me feel the same as you...she began running away at the mailboxes...

I'm wondering if she dropped it while trying to defend herself.

My guess is she wouldn't have been carrying her phone in her hands, I assumed it was secured to her somehow for running. Harder to get off, drop, etc.

Runners, would she have been running with the phone in her hands?

Also ... scent dogs not detecting her at the phone location bothers me. But lots of variables with that ...

I think we all figured as much, but here's a quote early on about the searches expanding *if something else doesn't develope*

For now, search teams are combing the area surrounding where Papini's cell phone was found at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive. That radius of up to a half-mile could be expanded, though.
“It depends on the search today and what we find and the evidence and we’ll have to expand it out potentially if something else has not developed,” Sheriff's Lt. Anthony Bertain said.

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/st...g-deputies-contacting-sex-offenders/93261856/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Do we know when their anniversary is? What about his birthday? That is if we're allowed to check out either of those dates.

Somebody checked and said it was in August.

Do we know when their anniversary is? What about his birthday? That is if we're allowed to check out either of those dates.

My guess is that trying to determine his bday would be considered sleuthing him, which we aren't allowed to do because he has not been named a POI. (But I'm curious, too.)

IMHO anniversary might be fair game since it's also Sherri's and we are allowed to sleuth her. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Which is interesting because Keith makes the hair seem significant. He said something about it not being normal.

To me, 6-8 strands of someone with long hair sounds totally normal.

Eta: Keith confirms that a few strands of hair were found — maybe between three and eight strands — but says “it wasn’t a normal thing.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...terview/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

But if it was your wife or daughter missing and you found some of her hair along w/ her earbuds on the side of the road, you'd probably be alarmed too. I would be more suspicious if he wasn't concerned.

The Inside Edition news link shows the intersection where the phone was located (Sunrise and OOT) but further states that it was found ON the jogging trail. The jogging trail is just past the intersection.

Hmm...reading the Inside Edition articles it seems they only state that it was found on her normal jogging route, not along a jogging trail. Unless I missed something.

Using the “Find My iPhone” app, he later found his wife’s cell phone on the ground along her usual jogging route, convincing him that something sinister had happened.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...elong-to-mother-who-disappeared-while-jogging

But if it was your wife or daughter missing and you found some of her hair along w/ her earbuds on the side of the road, you'd probably be alarmed too. I would be more suspicious if he wasn't concerned.

As a long haired person....hair tangled in the ear pods pretty normal...hair strands with follicles and ripped out would be scary....

I'd likely be alarmed to find the phone without my loved one, but I don't think that amount hair would stand out to me as unusual.

Anyway, I was not pointing any suspicion toward Keith at all. Just interesting to me that LE thought it was not enough to be concerned about, but her husband does not agree with them for whatever reason.

My guess is she wouldn't have been carrying her phone in her hands, I assumed it was secured to her somehow for running. Harder to get off, drop, etc.

Runners, would she have been running with the phone in her hands?

Also ... scent dogs not detecting her at the phone location bothers me. But lots of variables with that ...

Maybe she took the phone out of the pocket because she was concerned by someone/something and before she could use it she was grabbed?

attachment.php

This is how I am reading everything too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay