Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. it is, i've never felt so helpless in my ability to help a friend. but like I said, this forum has become an interesting comfort for me.

Welcome. We're a victim-friendly website and I'm glad being part of the discussion is a comfort to you. Other family members and friends in other cases have also found their way here. It's not a nice way to gather, but the gathering is nice.

So sorry about your friend going missing.

I'd like to hear the 911 call. How long does CA take to release them? With all the publicity she's received, some news outlet somewhere has bound to have requested it.

Has anyone searched the scanner archives to see if we can find audio between police/dispatchers whenever she was reported missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your reasoning?

Another of my reasonings is this...why I think it has to be at her residence or in proximity of...is that the Mountain Gate neighborhood doesn't strike me as an area where "perpetrators" are going to wander into in the hopes of finding "their prey" (other areas of Redding might be different, as per the police logs)...it is too remote...I cannot see someone wandering all these roads waiting for just the right person who is jogging around to nab them...not in this area...it would have to be someone that has previous knowledge of where their victim will be to have it done and over with quickly, with no witnesses...at home or close by...remember, trafficking of people is a 'well-oiled" machine, it is organized crime...they are out there sourcing any way they can...assuming it is trafficking...if not, still, SP is someone who "sticks-out", so to speak, respectfully of course...mainly in this area...MHO

Another of my reasonings is this...why I think it has to be at her residence or in proximity of...is that the Mountain Gate neighborhood doesn't strike me as an area where "perpetrators" are going to wonder into in the hopes of finding "their prey" (other areas of Redding might be different, as per the police logs)...it is too remote...I cannot see someone wondering all these roads waiting for just the right person who is jogging around to nab them...not in this area...it would have to be someone that has previous knowledge of where their victim will be to have it done and over with quickly, with no witnesses...at home or close by...remember, trafficking of people is a 'well-oiled" machine, it is organized crime...they are out there sourcing any way they can...assuming it is trafficking...if not, still, SP is someone who "sticks-out", so to speak, respectfully of course...mainly in this area...MHO

I also look at the neighborhood as a remote area. I'm not from there, but when people were saying that it's heavy traffic area, I wasn't picturing a place where the homes are spaced an acre, or more apart. It seems more private. Like it would be easy to commit a crime without anybody noticing.

And I wonder if you are correct about whoever took Sherri probably knows her. Sherri's mother seemed to believe this in the video released last night. In the beginning Keith had thought she was taken by strangers. Maybe now they have more information leading them to change their minds? Or maybe Keith's opinion differs from his mother in law?

It may depend on which iPhone you have but I did not have to set up anything....a friend showed me hers and when I clicked on mine, it had been recording my steps. You cannot delete it.

I see whatcha did there, Steelman ;)

I was watching a documentary on the JFK assassination the other night when I got a brilliant idea. I'm going to try and recreate the day that Sherri went out for her jog.

I told my old lady that I needed for her to get me a skin-tight black running outfit with lots of pink highlights, a blond wig with hair that will reach my waist, and some pony tail rubber-bands.
I also told her I would need to borrow her smartphone, earbuds, fit-bit, and wallet.

I can't think of a better way to try and figure out what happened to this woman than to go out and re-create it. Same time of day, same distance from home, same clothing, same evidence to leave scattered at the scene.

Upon hearing of my grand idea, her only reaction was a question. It sounded something like, "Are you drunk, or have you finally completely lost your f @@#***g mind ?

I chose not to answer her question because.......................well, just because. Later I heard her murmuring something in the background about "tights and blond wigs" but I couldn't hear her real clearly, so I'll have to assume it was her getting excited and hopping on board with the idea.

Anyway, after I get all my supplies together and get outfitted, I'll be heading out for a 3 hour jog........yes.....a 3 hour jog. If everything goes as planned, I should be stalked and abducted shortly after running by some tree trimmers around 2'ish while standing in front of a bank of mailboxes as I'm checking the fit-bit. I plan on doing it every single day until I'm abducted and can figure out what may have happened to this nice lady.

BTW---I'll be gone from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. everyday.......until further notice.

Another of my reasonings is this...why I think it has to be at her residence or in proximity of...is that the Mountain Gate neighborhood doesn't strike me as an area where "perpetrators" are going to wander into in the hopes of finding "their prey" (other areas of Redding might be different, as per the police logs)...it is too remote...I cannot see someone wandering all these roads waiting for just the right person who is jogging around to nab them...not in this area...it would have to be someone that has previous knowledge of where their victim will be to have it done and over with quickly, with no witnesses...at home or close by...remember, trafficking of people is a 'well-oiled" machine, it is organized crime...they are out there sourcing any way they can...assuming it is trafficking...if not, still, SP is someone who "sticks-out", so to speak, respectfully of course...mainly in this area...MHO

I agree with you. Of all the times I have been out to Shasta Lake City/Mountain Gate, I cannot recall ever really seeing anyone jogging out there. To me this really feels like it was an organized, well planned out crime, and not a random crime of opportunity. I feel like if she was abducted this person had seen her jogging out there before. Maybe quite a few times and noted what time he saw her. I just wish LE had some sort of direction to go in with this case. They keep admitting that they have very little to go on and that is so discouraging.

It may depend on which iPhone you have but I did not have to set up anything....a friend showed me hers and when I clicked on mine, it had been recording my steps. You cannot delete it.

I checked mine today also, which I had no clue was there and found the same thing. I found out I walked almost 3 miles on Halloween night! :happydance: woo hoo go me! I noticed in one of the pictures of Sherri on one of her sales sites that she had what looked like an iphone 6s. Of course that was 2 years ago (she was pregnant in the picture) and being that she used to work for AT&T she might have since upgraded to the 7 since they just came out. Anyway my point with this is that I also have the 6s and mine has been recording my foot steps without me knowing!

I agree with you. Of all the times I have been out to Shasta Lake City/Mountain Gate, I cannot recall ever really seeing anyone jogging out there. To me this really feels like it was an organized, well planned out crime, and not a random crime of opportunity. I feel like if she was abducted this person had seen her jogging out there before. Maybe quite a few times and noted what time he saw her. I just wish LE had some sort of direction to go in with this case. They keep admitting that they have very little to go on and that is so discouraging.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward crime of opportunity (but I'm ready to change my mind as we learn more).

I don't think it was someone cruising around looking for a victim. Rather, it was someone who pounced when he happened upon a victim. I don't think he targeted her or knew her, but he saw her and took her.

Jmopinion at the moment, subject to change.

I checked mine today also, which I had no clue was there and found the same thing. I found out I walked almost 3 miles on Halloween night! :happydance: woo hoo go me! I noticed in one of the pictures of Sherri on one of her sales sites that she had what looked like an iphone 6s. Of course that was 2 years ago (she was pregnant in the picture) and being that she used to work for AT&T she might have since upgraded to the 7 since they just came out. Anyway my point with this is that I also have the 6s and mine has been recording my foot steps without me knowing!

I checked mine for the last 12 days and I've gotta say it's embarrassing. I'm not good with walking and typing.

To me this looks like an interior side pocket that has been ripped from a jacket. JMO MOO

I'm not seeing gloves. I don't see any delineation either between two gloves or between the fingers of a single glove. Looks like one large item with a couple crinkles. Picture is kind of low res though.

It was one glove found. Not two.

I consider all possibilities and look at each piece we have individually - like the partially wrapped present, for instance - but when I add it all up I go back to Jennifer Huston's suicide.

I would speculate a black rubber gloves police use to keep from contaminating the evidence. Maybe placed to cover evidence from media, but protected.and marked for gathering once the scene was mapped and photographed by LEO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was here a couple of days ago when this was covered pretty thoroughly. Evidence marker 1 was at the phone, evidence marker 2 was the earbuds, and evidence marker 3 was a black glove. The tape around the glove was the marker. Go back and find it the in thread, its there.

Welcome! Glad you're here, but sorry for the circumstances. I recently joined as well following a missing mother from my hometown of Cartersville, Georgia.. Although I didn't know her personally, I can relate to your hometown feelings. It's hard to imagine that a place which holds so many wonderful memories is no longer immune to these types of crimes. JMO, as I do not believe she left voluntarily and continue to suspect foul play. Praying daily for her safe return to her family.

i've been following this forum since day one, first time posting. i've known KP and SP a long time. i no longer live in redding, and have a hard time feeling like i know this place that i have so many memories. it is a whole different world now. i have appreciated all your insights. they have helped me to feel normalizes in all the places my head has gone related to the situation. i hope she is found soon, and appreciate you all thinking of her and working to put together some pieces, even though we have so little. it's been 13 days and we need to get some answers.

I see people mention trafficking, but are there actually verified cases of women being abducted off the street while jogging or similar for trafficking purposes? I always thought they usually go after the easy targets like runaways, sex workers, etc by luring them with the promise of easy money or whatever.

So what are your thoughts on the RSO who lives .2 of a mile from SP's home? IMO, aside from that, jogging on a more heavily traveled road could've exposed her to someone that was willing to follow her onto these lesser traveled roads. Trafficking is also riddled with drugs and while the larger operation may be more organized, I believe there is a lot of desperation in the street pimps. For all we know, the occurrences at nearby Shasta College could also be trafficking related. SP is an attractive woman and could easily have been preyed upon in a more visible setting and followed home. JMO as we really don't know what happened here. However, I do feel that it would've been someone that knew her or had seen her somewhere previously.

STEELMAN!
If there is a massive pile-up on the I-5 Freeway, we will look for a blonde female with a beard wearing a cowboy hat on the news

It was one glove found. Not two.

Its one black glove surrounded by pink marking tape and tagged evidence marker 3. The earbuds were not found at this location and are not in the photo. This was discussed in detail and corroborated by LE earlier.

I still don't see where the phone being found by the mailbox is coming from. OT, but IMO it would really help to have a wiki or something where facts backed up by evidence could all be kept in a single location. In the long threads here it seems sometimes someone ponders something or throws something out there as a guess and it's repeated a couple of times and suddenly becomes fact from there on out.

Wait, WHO says it's a black glove, besides speculation here? I don't remember reading that anywhere. If that's a fact, it seems potentially significant, to say the least.

It is not an item that was found...that is how it was shown on MSM...we were just trying to figure out what it could possibly be...as it pertains to the area she was supposedly last seen...

I was here a couple of days ago when this was covered pretty thoroughly. Evidence marker 1 was at the phone, evidence marker 2 was the earbuds, and evidence marker 3 was a black glove. The tape around the glove was the marker. Go back and find it the in thread, its there.

But who confirmed it was a glove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members