Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the latest from the Sheriff and it sounds like he doesn't think it was an abduction:
Bosenko said there's still not enough evidence to classify Papini's disappearance as an abduction -- or not. But he did note that her vanishing shouldn't scare people into thinking they're in any more danger than usual.

"If this was an abduction, it's really rare. We don't have any indication, any evidence to say it was or wasn't," Bosenko said Wednesday. "I do not believe that the public in general is in danger as result of the Papini case."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...iff--401588036.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
My WAG is that LE thinks someone known SP attacked her, but LE has too little evidence to make anything out of it at this time.

Wow. So it's now official. The have no leads pointing in any particular direction.

Not what we wanted to hear.

And sorry to say it, but it sounds a little like they're skeptical about this being an abduction. If this were an abduction, then of course the public in general is in danger!

I sure hope they're searching the woods to the north with cadaver dogs. It doesn't sound like they're even doing that.

I had two service techs in my home yesterday and texted my sister to let her know—and included the guys' license plate and cell number. I'm usually cautious while out and about but too trusting for my own good with repairmen and such in my home. This case in particular has startled me into an abundance of caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate that this is the world we live in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here's the latest from the Sheriff and it sounds like he doesn't think it was an abduction:
Bosenko said there's still not enough evidence to classify Papini's disappearance as an abduction -- or not. But he did note that her vanishing shouldn't scare people into thinking they're in any more danger than usual.

"If this was an abduction, it's really rare. We don't have any indication, any evidence to say it was or wasn't," Bosenko said Wednesday. "I do not believe that the public in general is in danger as result of the Papini case."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...iff--401588036.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
My WAG is that LE thinks someone known SP attacked her, but LE has too little evidence to make anything out of it at this time.

I didn't really get the feeling that he doesn't think it's an abduction - more just that they have so little to go on they really have no idea which way to lean. Hard to say though.

I didn't really get the feeling that he doesn't think it's an abduction - more just that they have so little to go on they really have no idea which way to lean. Hard to say though.

He sure is downplaying the risk to the public, though.

I had two service techs in my home yesterday and texted my sister to let her know—and included the guys' license plate and cell number. I'm usually cautious while out and about but too trusting for my own good with repairmen and such in my home. This case in particular has startled me into an abundance of caution.

I'm the same way about being extra careful about who comes to the door. I once turned away a police officer! But I was home alone and had no reason to talk to him. I do answer for the UPS and mail delivery guy because I've been here long enough to know them.

I live in a safe city but there have just been too many incidents with men pretending to be from the cable company or meter readers.

By too many I mean I saw it on the news once or twice and it freaked me out.

See, I feel the other way. To me, it makes me suspect even more than just an hour ago (or lean toward thinking, at least) that they DO have something.

"Bosenko said there's still not enough evidence to classify Papini's disappearance as an abduction -- or not. But he did note that her vanishing shouldn't scare people into thinking they're in any more danger than usual.

I just think that this is such an incredibly straightforward, BOLD statement to make, that surely he wouldn't risk potentially contributing to future dangerous situations for women in the area.

If the phone, earbuds, and evidence we're not aware of, don't line up with even a possibility of abduction in his mind (and I think most trained LE would err on the side of caution)? I just have to conclude for now that they know a lot.

Obviously I could be wrong. This is just my thinking for now with what we're looking at and hearing.

See, I feel the other way. To me, it makes me suspect even more than just an hour ago (or lean toward thinking, at least) that they DO have something.

"Bosenko said there's still not enough evidence to classify Papini's disappearance as an abduction -- or not. But he did note that her vanishing shouldn't scare people into thinking they're in any more danger than usual.

I just think that this is such an incredibly straightforward, BOLD statement to make, that surely he wouldn't risk potentially contributing to future dangerous situations for women in the area.

If the phone, earbuds, and evidence we're not aware of, don't line up with even a possibility of abduction in his mind (and I think most trained LE would err on the side of caution)? I just have to conclude for now that they know a lot.

Obviously I could be wrong. This is just my thinking for now with what we're looking at and hearing.

I took it to mean that the public isn't in any more danger than usual, even if she's been abducted, because abductions are rare.

I didn't get the impression they were frustrated with LE either. They're frustrated that nothing has turned up.

My point was that it looks like LE had nothing at that point. Nothing they were sharing, anyway.
Pretty much they're still at square one, yes. Unless her body turns up somewhere, the family may be waiting a long time for any kind of closure. Heartbreaking.

I took it to mean that the public isn't in any more danger than usual, even if she's been abducted, because abductions are rare.

Exactly as I took it. This abduction, if it was one, doesn't make the chances of being abducted any likelier than before.

Well, he says not cold and I'm thinking, yeah, right.

It also occurred to me that among all the other things the Sheriff never asked the public about or gave any info on was her car.

Why is he so certain she didn't go anywhere that day? He never asked the public if anyone saw her in the car that day. I guess it doesn't matter because the car was there, but it's bugging me.

Yes, abductions of adults are rare, but they happen.

I'm so sad for KP and the kids and the rest if her family. I really hope she left because if they find her body in that area, that would be horrendous.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

My gut feeling after the Sheriff making those comments makes me believe they have additional information. When the search ended relatively quickly that also caught my attention. I believe within the next 48 hours more may surface. Thats just my gut feeling of course..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We all want Sherry back with her family ..Prayers for sure..

My gut feeling after the Sheriff making those comments makes me believe they have additional information. When the search ended relatively quickly that also caught my attention. I believe within the next 48 hours more may surface. Thats just my gut feeling of course..

I hope you're right.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That's more how I took it as well. Just a sheriff trying to calm a nervous public down. Really though, I don't think any of us can know for sure if he was saying anything between the lines.

Wow. So it's now official. The have no leads pointing in any particular direction.

Not what we wanted to hear.

And sorry to say it, but it sounds a little like they're skeptical about this being an abduction. If this were an abduction, then of course the public in general is in danger!

I sure hope they're searching the woods to the north with cadaver dogs. It doesn't sound like they're even doing that.

i keep thinking it might be an innocent accident and a cover up! The only thing that throws me is the half wrapped present!

There's another side to this he's not mentioning, though. Random stranger abductions are very rare, yes. And suicides are much more common. That's the elephant in the room. I'm sure he knows this, and that could be the only reason he's leaning away from abduction. Statistics.

I don't even know what to say after reading that... I'm definitely back on the fence. Her poor family. What are they supposed to do now? I can't imagine what her husband is feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member