Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut feeling after the Sheriff making those comments makes me believe they have additional information. When the search ended relatively quickly that also caught my attention. I believe within the next 48 hours more may surface. Thats just my gut feeling of course..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hope so!

Yeah, I mean. They MUST know she's not nearby, right? Gosh. It really is so strange, the lack of organized searches, along with the early conclusion by the family that they believe she's not in the area. If she was jogging, there would be a good enough chance of her being out in the boonies, injured, that I would think they'd be combing the area, every nook and cranny, and organizing searches with or without LE. And (my own opinion and feeling here), the demeanor of the police really just doesn't seem urgent.

I know I'm not contributing anything new. I've thought about all this, like most of us have, but it really just hit me how odd that all seems. Along with so much else in this case.

I guess if they do have some sort of info that she's not "out there" to be searched and found...well, there are still too many reasons why that could be to help figure it out at this point. But I suppose that would probably mean someone is going ahead without the public's assistance. Which would mean they have something. They must have. (My tentative conclusion. It ain't much.)

I suspect she was hit and taken. No clues!

Can you please name me some cases of missing / potentially abducted women where LE stopped searches after one week? I'm racking my brain and don't recall a case like this. I keep thinking it must be because they know what happened, but then days are ticking by with no updates...I'd be livid if it was my family member that just didn't seem important enough to find. Sorry if I sound angry, I've been trying to wrap my brain around this case for 2 weeks ... I feel like they gave up too soon but at the same time trying to keep faith that they aren't letting it go cold.

You've got a good point, can't think of one. There certainly seems to be little urgency on LE's part right now. I'm beginning to think law enforcement suspects something. Either they have a suspect, but are waiting to get more evidence, or perhaps there is something they've learned about Sherri that makes them less 'urgent'. The latter could be a good thing.

Here's the latest from the Sheriff and it sounds like he doesn't think it was an abduction:
Bosenko said there's still not enough evidence to classify Papini's disappearance as an abduction -- or not. But he did note that her vanishing shouldn't scare people into thinking they're in any more danger than usual.

"If this was an abduction, it's really rare. We don't have any indication, any evidence to say it was or wasn't," Bosenko said Wednesday. "I do not believe that the public in general is in danger as result of the Papini case."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...iff--401588036.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
My WAG is that LE thinks someone known SP attacked her, but LE has too little evidence to make anything out of it at this time.

Or...I'm just going to say it. Please don't attack me. By the way LE is acting- to me it sounds like they're leaning towards her leaving voluntarily. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. They're just too casual about the whole thing. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or...I'm just going to say it. Please don't attack me. By the way LE is acting- to me it sounds like they're leaning towards her leaving voluntarily. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. They're just too casual about the whole thing. [emoji51]

I agree. And I don't think it's necessarily based on any evidence, it's probably just their default position until there's solid evidence of an abduction or homicide.

I agree. And I don't think it's necessarily based on any evidence, it's probably just their default position until there's solid evidence of an abduction or homicide.

Yes. And that article was recently posted on the HFSP Facebook page and people are not happy with LE at all. They're not buying it. I totally understand though. Better safe than sorry. I'm pretty sure a lot of them live in Redding.

I don't know if this has been posted. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

Sheriff explains why FBI is not more involved in Shasta Co. missing woman case
By: Haleigh Pike
Posted: Nov 15, 2016 06:09 PM PST
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ved-in-shasta-co-missing-woman-case/162315438

Bosenko said, "I can't get into specifics but some people always ask, why isn't the FBI more involved? There has to be federal nexus or federal violation of the law breaking there where they can assist us." Bosenko added, "They can certainly assist us in other ways with their investigators and maybe some technological resources."​

The LE statement certainly wasn't one of the more aggressive or vigorous ones I've read....

I do not believe Sherri is off with some unknown lothario sipping cocktails at the beach. I speculate she was detained by someone she knows, there was a disagreement, a struggle, and she was abducted. I do not think the Perp was unknown to her.

I just don't understand the sheriffs statement at all. If Sherri was abducted and they have no person of interest how can he say the public is not at risk? Also how does he know the incident out at Shasta College wasn't related? They say an "unknown male" why haven't they found out who this person is? The girl who reported it got his license plate number. Can't they run it and find out who owns the car? I don't understand how people who go missing from Shasta County just vanish without a trace.

I just don't understand the sheriffs statement at all. If Sherri was abducted and they have no person of interest how can he say the public is not at risk? Also how does he know the incident out at Shasta College wasn't related? They say an "unknown male" why haven't they found out who this person is? The girl who reported it got his license plate number. Can't they run it and find out who owns the car? I don't understand how people who go missing from Shasta County just vanish without a trace.

I find it pretty odd. Where I live when people go missing, they're usually found dead or alive within a few days. Maybe that's because I live in the desert.

The first 48 hours are so pivotal without question in cases like this..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member