Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The log post about the knife ans twine by the shack gives me the chills I hope they looked into that. My phone won't let me quote any posts on my iPhone but out of all the log posts that one creeped me out most.

Hello, I'm new to this but I read just about every post regarding this case.

I wonder if she had a "successful" run that morning, went back home to wrap some gifts and was interrupted by something/someone. She left the house to check it out and was ultimately abducted near the mailboxes.

Perhaps she still had her phone and earbuds in while she was wrapping gifts although I know that doesn't fit into the "normal" scenario.

I wish peace to her and to all who know and love her.

I can't figure this one out. I think I would be most shocked if it was suicide or she voluntarily left.

Hello, I'm new to this but I read just about every post regarding this case.

I wonder if she had a "successful" run that morning, went back home to wrap some gifts and was interrupted by something/someone. She left the house to check it out and was ultimately abducted near the mailboxes.

Perhaps she still had her phone and earbuds in while she was wrapping gifts although I know that doesn't fit into the "normal" scenario.

I wish peace to her and to all who know and love her.

:daisy: Welcome Shy1214 and thank you for your first post!
I think the "interruption" theory is very plausible, and should be considered as well.

I hope that LE is still vigorously pursuing this as an abduction; Sherri's heartbroken and distressed family deserves answers. Let's pray that today brings answers!

Referring to Sherri's 10:37 text:

Instead of looking at Sherri's 10:37 a.m. text to her husband as "why would she expect him to be home for lunch if it wasn't normal," perhaps it should be looked at as "why is she checking to make sure he wouldn't be home for lunch."

The reason to bring this up is we don't know that Sherri was at home when she text her husband. It's quite possible she had already started out for her walk/jog when she remembered she'd left the gift out. Instead of returning home to put it away, she may have decided to text her husband just to be sure he wouldn't be coming home for lunch.

That's a good idea because what if let's say she ran to the store for tape or went for a job and a friend or neighbor invited her in or asked her to help them so she wanted to make sure he wouldn't be home to see the gift. Maybe said person was the person who did whatever has been done and she didn't know they stalked her potentially and for all we know could be a RSO since we know so many lived close. My other guess was maybe she asked because she wanted to know if she could wrap gifts without being caught but I find it odd to wrap them so early. But what if she was taken right after her husband and kids left that morning? Assuming he dropped them off. The person could have sent that text and done various other normal things she would do and maybe even wrapped part of a gift to throw them off and think she left on her own. We don't know really if it was her. He could have held a gun to her and made her even. I don't think anyone who lives there and grew up there and knows what bad crime is around there and who had a girl be taken in school who looked like her and was her age would go jog around there alone and I think the gun was to protect herself from someone and maybe even her ex husband. Part of me thinks she would train with her sister(I saw she was doing the marathon also) or at the gym and not alone in the area. I doubt she could be so oblivious she wouldn't know the area is dangerous. I mean what if a neighbor asked for quick help with something then grabbed her once she was in the house or close to the car. Would she give directions to someone if asked? And if so would she get close enough to be grabbed or tazed? She would have to be scared to jog in sketchy areas or even safe ones alone after the other three murdered joggers. Finally my phone is letting me quote but it doesn't keep my indentions so I apologize but it won't let me make them into paragraphs :(

I can't figure this one out. I think I would be most shocked if it was suicide or she voluntarily left.

One thing I have learned participating on these threads is that anything is possible. However, I agree with you Sherlock. I too would be shocked if leaving voluntary was the outcome. I think all Sherri's phone records and texts, etc. will be very helpful in narrowing down a potential POI list. It is my theory that this is someone who has long carried a torch for her, and just couldn't let go. Speculation and opinion only. If this theory has any merit whatsoever, I'm sure her closest friends and family would have someone who would immediately come to mind.....

Speculation only.

There's no denying that traffickers recruit with coercion, but it doesn't stop there. Per the human trafficking hotline link:
Sex traffickers frequently target victims and then use violence, threats, lies, false promises, debt bondage, or other forms of control and manipulation to keep victims involved in the sex industry for their own profit.
When victims are impaired with drugs in addition to these methods, IMO, generalizations can't be made and possibilities can't be eliminated. There are indeed cases of traffickers kidnapping victims off the street, though this is only one theory as to what could've led to SP's disappearance. Unfortunately, with California leading the country in trafficking, she IS in a vulnerable population. Redding may not be a hub, but it is impacted by trafficking. MOO

Investigators found that in early March of 2014, the girl was contacted by Baldwin-Green as she was walking home from a party in the Sacramento area. She said Baldwin-Green forced her into his vehicle and drove her to Redding against her will.
Redding Police also learned the victim had been reported as a runaway from the Sacramento area.
The girl told police that while in Redding she was held against her will in an apartment off Olive Street, and a second apartment off Hartnell Avenue. She said Baldwin-Green had locks on windows and doorknobs on the inside doors which required keys to open. The victim said Baldwin-Green took her phone, and threatened to harm her if she tried to escape.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/m...uman-trafficking-kidnapping-in-shasta-county/

Sgt. Gregg Haggerty, of the Major Crimes Task Force called the series of events “not usual,” where a 21-year-old was abducted by an unknown man in her Oklahoma City home, transported to Georgia, then sold to a man in California, which culminated with her “rescue in the hotter section of the Track as she ran to a passing police vehicle.”
http://www.crimevoice.com/2016/01/25/pomona-human-trafficking-thwarted-on-the-blade/

It was spring 2001 when the then-19-year-old Herzig was approached in a well-populated mall by a woman who asked the pretty blond college student whether she wanted a job in the makeup industry.
Herzig became uneasy during a follow-up meeting at a local restaurant. She excused herself on the pretext she needed to get her sweater from her car.

Her plan was to leave and never come back. But it was too late. A man with a gun was waiting in the parking lot. She was forced into a black Mercedes.

The man was James Vernon Joseph, aka "Spyder." He placed Herzig in "mental chains," breaking her down physically and mentally during her months of sexual slavery, Herzig said recently on "The Joy Behar Show," where she appeared with John Walsh, host of the "America's Most Wanted" television show.

To avoid the police attention of a missing person's case, Joseph had Herzig call her parents. Listening in on the calls, he coached her on precisely what to say, she said.
"The entire time she was gone, her family thought she was fine," Hull said. "People think this only happens to kids who are out on the streets."
Herzig said Joseph threatened to kill Herzig's family members, beat her on a regular basis, and forced her into prostitution. The pimp took Herzig and other young women to sporting events and conventions across the nation, selling them to men willing to pay thousands of dollars, Hull said.
http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20110405/NEWS/104050305

It still seems extremely unlikely to me. Even that link says that they use recruitment methods and coercion. I'm curious if there's even a single documented case of someone being kidnapped off the street for trafficking purposes, especially someone not in a vulnerable population.

I think someone took her.
I wonder if they checked the area the tree person dumped the tree trummings

That's a good idea because what if let's say she ran to the store for tape or went for a job and a friend or neighbor invited her in or asked her to help them so she wanted to make sure he wouldn't be home to see the gift. Maybe said person was the person who did whatever has been done and she didn't know they stalked her potentially and for all we know could be a RSO since we know so many lived close. My other guess was maybe she asked because she wanted to know if she could wrap gifts without being caught but I find it odd to wrap them so early. But what if she was taken right after her husband and kids left that morning? Assuming he dropped them off. The person could have sent that text and done various other normal things she would do and maybe even wrapped part of a gift to throw them off and think she left on her own. We don't know really if it was her. He could have held a gun to her and made her even. I don't think anyone who lives there and grew up there and knows what bad crime is around there and who had a girl be taken in school who looked like her and was her age would go jog around there alone and I think the gun was to protect herself from someone and maybe even her ex husband. Part of me thinks she would train with her sister(I saw she was doing the marathon also) or at the gym and not alone in the area. I doubt she could be so oblivious she wouldn't know the area is dangerous. I mean what if a neighbor asked for quick help with something then grabbed her once she was in the house or close to the car. Would she give directions to someone if asked? And if so would she get close enough to be grabbed or tazed? She would have to be scared to jog in sketchy areas or even safe ones alone after the other three murdered joggers. Finally my phone is letting me quote but it doesn't keep my indentions so I apologize but it won't let me make them into paragraphs :(

Tazers are our worst enemy imo. Very likely method in any abduction these days. Why are these things so easy to obtain? They make it so easy to disarm someone then whisk them away like Jaycee Dugard. You can carry all the defense weapons you want but if you get tazed from behind they won't mean much. There will be no signs of a struggle. I wonder - when LE contacts these RSOs do they search their homes and vehicles for these types of things?

What a nightmare for this family. So sad...

Nothing makes sense in this case. I wonder if she was kidnapped and her abductor freaked out with all the media attention and is scare of getting caught while collecting the ransom demand and returning her?

I hope with all my heart for her safe return. Her babies must be missing their mommy. :'(

ETA: I don't think her abductor is a random stranger. Might be known to someone close to her. JMO

LE has way more information than we do and that's just with the known evidence. LE could have a ton of information just off her digital records. I think LE knows pretty well that whatever happened, it didn't involve a random stranger.

Was that the conversation that started because of a quote she pinned with the gun? Or was there something more substantial?

Sherri's mom said something about the abductor being someone she knew. Keith said there was nothing alarming in the days leading up to her missing and he thinks it was just some low-lifes she didn't know.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

To me that sounds like it's someone KP doesn't want to admit could do it like a friend of his or his family but that her family thinks they did which explains why they don't sound on the same page at all

Jmo
I do not think she is the one that sent the text to her husband wondering if he would be home for lunch.

I'm a SAHM, I send my daughter to daycare part time, and I am really relating to SP. I've had to play catch up on these threads so I am sorry if I missed it, but was she a member of any of the garage sale sites on Facebook? OfferUp? Five Mile? I redo furniture, make holiday wreaths, etc. in my spare time and resale it on those sites, mainly Facebook(this is how I buy my hubbys birthday/xmas gifts without him knowing about them lol). I had an encounter once with someone who was a bit creepy, didn't seem interested in what he was actually buying, was talking up a storm asking questions about me, but when my very large, athletic brother who lives with me stepped into the garage he quickly purchased what he came for and left. Just the other day here in Dallas a woman was murdered selling something on offerup. Sorry again if this has been hashed out/looked into.

I dont think this was random.
husband was claiming abduction from the start. IMO there is more to this.

LE has way more information than we do and that's just with the known evidence. LE could have a ton of information just off her digital records. I think LE knows pretty well that whatever happened, it didn't involve a random strangern
You give them more credit than I do, but now I really want to know if they owned a gun and if it's missing.

There was a guy missing here a year or so ago. The family insisted he'd never leave, etc. There were major searches, lots of local coverage. Turns out he was suicidal, had a gun, and killed himself. One of his acquaintances later told me that the family didn't think anyone would look for him if they knew.

Another case, with no press, except one MSM article is this one:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...UeQgCIkSXvlqbBuwg&sig2=jMYc9kcQmVthQBU_5JgMbA

She WAS reported as suicidal. It doesn't appear that there were searches.

I can't find a follow up except for a plea from a account for funeral expenses. She had two kids, 22 months and 4 and was believed to be suffering ftom post partum depression.

Sigh. Where are you, Sherri?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I dont think this. I suspect someone accidently hit her with their car and took her to protect themselves.

I don't know what to believe anymore. Prayers for her family. Prayers for Sherri. I just hope they get some closure and this doesn't go cold. It's not looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmo
I do not think she is the one that sent the text to her husband wondering if he would be home for lunch.

I'm starting to lean this way too. I wonder how often she texted him while at work knowing he wouldn't be accessing his phone often as was stated. Or did she contact his work phone when she needed him? I feel a question like that near lunch time is something you'd want a response to right away. If it was someone else and they saw her recently texting his personal phone, they may not have been aware of this fact.

All I know is that if I ever went missing, people like you guys would have a field day trying to figure out what went on during my day. Sometimes I start doing one thing and move onto the next. Or decide I need a break and go get lunch/go to the store/ randomly go wash my car. I recently left teaching and work at home and it drives me nuts sitting home sometimes. A lot of people have "routines" but maybe they aren't routine as people think.
Since both the LE and families have stopped searches leads me to believe they have something. In several cases I've followed, the family continued to organize searches even if others didn't. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member