Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to play devils advocate here, I know quite a few women that have a gun and carry permit, but don't carry it with them and aren't threatened by anyone. They tell me I should have one but I don't feel the need. They did it because they can.

Maybe she did so because she was at home with the kids most of the time alone and not because she felt threatened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed! I have a ccp and never actually carry, my husband on the other hand is rarely in public w/out it. I like the option, I too am home alone w/ my kids.

Seems to me if there had been a struggle, the earphones would have been pulled out of the phone...but they were connected. Just thinking out loud again ....
I know what you mean I keep going back and forth over the fence on this!

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

I don't know that this LE has the expertise or the manpower to handle this investigation but who knows, we could be surprised.

I do not understand why LE never asked the public to search their properties and out buildings.

I do not understand why they haven't released if she took the kids to daycare and when. This leads me to believe that KP took them when he went to work. JMO

If so then they have no time-line at all to release except the eyewitnesses, which can be unreliable.

I don't understand ending that search so quickly for LE as well as the organized searches. I have NEVER seen that happen so fast. Why not call Texas Equasearch to help? Why the almost immediate statements that she was likely no longer in the area by LE, the PI and the family when many of us are thinking she might still be right there? I think they know something we don't.

A bungled kidnapping for ransom and the kidnappers stopped communicating?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Wait, I copied the timeline to the map yesterday that was taken from the video. The video wouldn't play for me, is this not accurate? The 2pm sighting was there (on the post)
The timeline I posted today is based on the most recent video released, which says SP's phone lost connection around 12 pm and the next known contact was 4:30 - 5:00 pm. LE said that, not me. So, I removed 2:00 pm from 'my' timeline since they intentionalky omitted it from theirs.

The timeline I posted today is based on the most recent video released, which says SP's phone lost connection around 12 pm and the next known contact was 4:30 - 5:00 pm. LE said that, not me. So, I removed 2:00 pm from 'my' timeline since they intentionalky omitted it from theirs.

Ahh that makes sense. I thought it was your timeline GigTu, I'll fix the one on the map. Thanks

I don't know that this LE has the expertise or the manpower to handle this investigation but who knows, we could be surprised.

I do not understand why LE never asked the public to search their properties and out buildings.

I do not understand why they haven't released if she took the kids to daycare and when. This leads me to believe that KP took them when he went to work. JMO

If so then they have no time-line at all to release except the eyewitnesses, which can be unreliable.

I don't understand ending that search so quickly for LE as well as the organized searches. I have NEVER seen that happen so fast. Why not call Texas Equasearch to help? Why the almost immediate statements that she was likely no longer in the area by LE, the PI and the family when many of us are thinking she might still be right there? I think they know something we don't.

That is a thought to ponder!

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Ahh that makes sense. I thought it was your timeline GigTu, I'll fix the one on the map. Thanks
I don't think you should take it off the map. Maybe reword it to say "unconfirmed" or something.

I do wish we had an official timeline from LE other than transcribing a video.

The short search time is bizarre. If that was my loved one I'd be livid! My opinion, they've GOT to know something.

Were the just talking specifically about her phone? Because the 2pm was an eye witness.

Very curious to know if they don't believe the 2pm sighting anymore!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I second all of this. I will say that among missing person cases, abduction of adults is a rare occurrence. Abduction of adults (and children, for that matter) for ransom is rarer than rare, pretty miniscule.

Why would you carry a phone jogging or going to the mailbox with no power ? Also the lack of video surveillance bothers me. Nothing new just things that keep nagging me.

Looking at their area, I would carry some sort of protection (like pepper spray) if for no other reason than protection from animals if I was out alone. Even if she left a gun at home, I would think/hope that she would have been carrying something else to defend herself. You could find yourself in a bad situation if you end up walking where you put yourself between a momma bear and it's babies, not that this happened, but that looks like an area where it could easily happen as bears are increasingly going into residential neighborhoods more urban than that.

I just listened again to the Action News Videos. I don't understand all of the codes that were used. One of the videos has a shot of the back window of a vehicle with "K9 TEAM, Shasta County Search and Rescue" in white letters. I think he said the Search and Rescue Team was Thursday. No mention of the type of K9s used. I also don't know where the K9 search was done.

Reported missing on Wednesday 11/02/2016 at 5:51 pm
Helicopter did a flare which checked for body heat - negative
Limited ground search
Integrated NCIC
Started interviews with family​

Thursday 11/03/2016
Ground Search by Detectives and the Search and Rescue Team
AB 109 Team searching all the 296 Registrants in the area - doing searches of their premises and residences​

After Friday 11/04/2016
"Totten said that at least 100 volunteers showed up to help search. “[This] included K9 units, ATV’s, two private helicopters, a private drone as well as volunteers on horseback,” she explained. “We worked closely with the family and friends of the family. We also worked with Nor Cal Alliance for Missing Persons and several others groups who set up food and parking for the searchers.”​

Description of searches on Wednesday 11/02/2016 and Thursday 11/03/2016
Action News Now - Three Videos
https://youtu.be/_oU260uQH7o
Avijah Scarbrough interview of LE in first video has
Description of searches done on day 1 and day 2​

Description of Search on/after Friday 11/04/2016
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-h...lieved-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/
Bringing forward this post about the search.

Were the just talking specifically about her phone? Because the 2pm was an eye witness.

The very early reports gave that time but LE started saying late morning to early afternoon pretty early in the investigation.

People got stuck at the 2:00 PM time frame because the early reports get posted over and over and I think that time is still on the Facebook page.

I think we should transcribe the video to see if that's what was meant. I'm not sure now.

I second all of this. I will say that among missing person cases, abduction of adults is a rare occurrence. Abduction of adults (and children, for that matter) for ransom is rarer than rare, pretty miniscule.
I agree but there was one over the summer in California. It made no sense, circumstances were different, but maybe someone thought it was a good idea...copy cat.

http://www.kcra.com/article/vallejo-pd-57-year-old-woman-kidnapped-for-ransom/6429566

Why would you carry a phone jogging or going to the mailbox with no power ? Also the lack of video surveillance bothers me. Nothing new just things that keep nagging me.
The phone had to have lost power at the mailboxes or the Find my phone app wouldn't have led Keith to that location.

Either she dropped it there for whatever reason and the phone lost connections or someone left it there and the phone lost connections, but it had to have had wifi or gps at some point at the location it was found.

The phone had to have lost power at the mailboxes or the Find my phone app wouldn't have led Keith to that location.

Either she dropped it there for whatever reason and the phone lost connections or someone left it there and the phone lost connections, but it had to have had wifi or gps at some point at the location it was found.

Why do you think the phone had no power? Wouldn't a phone in sleep mode that hasn't moved for hours also give the location of the phone using the Find my phone app?

Please give us an update .... something....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Media is so important, particularly in a case like this. Aggressive reporters who contact LE incessantly for updates make them accountable (for lack of a better word) and you see more pressors. IMO, most of the media stories have been regurgitation of another station's interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli