Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tending to believe that if this were a faked abduction she would have been located by now, the 2 week mark is stretching it for a hoax.

If suicide, this case could go on for a long time, sadly. It is a possibility here, but I'm just not feeling it.

I don't believe she was abducted, and it really seems to me that LE is working on piecing together what happened to her, rather than trying to find her. Which is alarming.

All JMO and absolutely willing to be wrong.

Why do you think the phone had no power? Wouldn't a phone in sleep mode that hasn't moved for hours also give the location of the phone using the Find my phone app?
Yes, a phone in sleep mode would give location, but I was replying to scadagirl questioning why she would jog with no power. I'm guessing this is because LE said her phone lost connections around noon.

My point was if the phone had no power/connections when they found it, it had to have had it at that location at some point, so I don't think Sherri went jogging with a phone that had no power.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just to play devils advocate here, I know quite a few women that have a gun and carry permit, but don't carry it with them and aren't threatened by anyone. They tell me I should have one but I don't feel the need. They did it because they can.

Maybe she did so because she was at home with the kids most of the time alone and not because she felt threatened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we knew for sure a) that she has a firearm and b) when she obtained it. Something might have prompted her to feel she needed it...wish we knew for sure...jmo

I have gone back and searched the other threads and couldn't find anything about this. I'm hesitant to post it because if I missed something I don't want to bring this all back up so I apologize now. I was reading through the November 6 police logs and came across this:
2ba87be19aa84dc9cd5b5563165aefb6.png

I cropped to zoom in and blacked out the phone numbers. Again, sorry if this was discussed but nothing came up in my searches through the past discussions.

:welcome: Mrsnighthawk and Det.Stabler! Thanks for joining in. :seeya:

First timer here. I've got nothing to contribute. I just want to say this is a very intelligent and respectful forum very refreshing! My gut says abduction but the lack of evidence we are privy to is frustrating. I'm hoping LE is close!

Hello everyone!. I am new to websluths.

This is my first post. I just wanted to post my theory on this case. I am open to suggestion and I follow forensic science
and profiling as a hobby. I am not affiliated with any law enforcement have a few ideas on this case that may or may not make sense.

what strikes me is the earbuds found along with her cell phone. If I remember correctly, some hair was found
along with the earbuds. Possibly someone may have known her jogging route?. I would ask if she always took the same
route? or if she alternated.

To me it may be possible she may have been watched for a while and an individual may have been stalking her and her
runs unknown to her. Or he may even have talked to her at one point in time by timing when she may be jogging an
jogged with her on occasion. Then if he ever pulled up in a vehicle and stopped to talk to her she may have let down
her guard just enough. Probably someone who may not live near by buy knows the area. Most likely has a record for sexual assault. He may be
searching out of his area where he resides not to draw suspicion since local PD may be looking for that profile within
their jurisdiction.

white male 25-34. He would probably need a van or a SUV. To abduct someone from the road with a large vehicle if a
vehicle passed the vehicle would be in the way so no one may have saw the struggle on the other side.

On the phone she left behind may have had a clue if he forced her or somehow made her drop the phone. Hopefully LPD took it into evidence.

First post here. Just keep thinking how strange for kp not to call her cell first to see where she was. I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't get past that. What are your thoughts?

I hope we are not still doubting this poor man. Keith was at work all day, with a coworker, and inside customer homes. None of those people are going to lie. He has been cleared and is not a suspect.

Have you seen all my comments about KP? Not once have I thought he was guilty. I believe him completely. I'm just thinking that Since LE doesn't have much to work with, they are going to go over what they have over and over again with the FBI's help. The FBI has more technological resources, and where Sherri's phone was found, how long it was there, is pretty important. I just stated that they'd check both their phones more thoroughly because that's what they have to do. My heart breaks for KP and the children.

I second all of this. I will say that among missing person cases, abduction of adults is a rare occurrence. Abduction of adults (and children, for that matter) for ransom is rarer than rare, pretty miniscule.

I agree, it is very rare in this country. Very common elsewhere. jmo

I'm not sure how to link a video but sheriff Bosenko says for there to be more FBI involvement, a federal violation of the law but have been committed. Paraphrasing here. Wouldn't kidnapping be a federal violation of the law? IMO this could mean the sheriff doesn't believe a kidnapping took place. Totally JMO. I keep going back and forth on what I think happened to Sherri.

She could have taken the ear buds out to be able to hear someone asking her a question. I don't think it's that odd that the phone wasn't seen even if it had been there for 6 hours. People aren't observant.

I can't look at the map at the moment so this is just a JMO question - how far away was the phone found from the mailboxes? Because the bus stop is right there and if we knew what time the kids get out of school it might give us a clue to when the phone was put/placed/thrown there. I think kids would be more likely to spot an iPhone while walking home from the bus stop.

Also if they are let off there they wouldn't all be heading in the same direction.

Just thinking.

First post here. Just keep thinking how strange for kp not to call her cell first to see where she was. I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't get past that. What are your thoughts?

Do we know for sure he didn't? I know from past trials, when the details come out, a lot more went on than what was said in interviews and reports. i bet he did try to call

I'm not sure we know if he tried to call or text her first. But police *should* be able to see the sequence of attempted contact ... depending on what they meant by "phone lost communication". I don't have an iphone, those are very technologically sophisticated and can do all sorts of things ... so maybe someone else would know more about information contained in a "phone dump".

Yes, kp doesn't strike me as a scott Peterson type. His interviews seem genuine. I. Feel so sad for the family.

I didn't read her post that way. She was speaking to the phone dumps that were done initially BEFORE he was cleared.

:)

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I have gone back and searched the other threads and couldn't find anything about this. I'm hesitant to post it because if I missed something I don't want to bring this all back up so I apologize now. I was reading through the November 6 police logs and came across this:
2ba87be19aa84dc9cd5b5563165aefb6.png

I cropped to zoom in and blacked out the phone numbers. Again, sorry if this was discussed but nothing came up in my searches through the past discussions.

Could this be it? Notice it was KP and his uncle, I believe. It is curious that LE closed the report in 3 hours...also, notice the power plant that was reported in another instance...weird...completely just my wonderings!

Screenshot (36)_LI-min.jpg

I don't know that this LE has the expertise or the manpower to handle this investigation but who knows, we could be surprised.

I do not understand why LE never asked the public to search their properties and out buildings.

I do not understand why they haven't released if she took the kids to daycare and when. This leads me to believe that KP took them when he went to work. JMO

If so then they have no time-line at all to release except the eyewitnesses, which can be unreliable.

I don't understand ending that search so quickly for LE as well as the organized searches. I have NEVER seen that happen so fast. Why not call Texas Equasearch to help? Why the almost immediate statements that she was likely no longer in the area by LE, the PI and the family when many of us are thinking she might still be right there? I think they know something we don't.

A bungled kidnapping for ransom and the kidnappers stopped communicating?

I couldn't agree more with your statements and questions.

Even if the LE in that area don't have the greatest track record when it comes to solving missing person cases, or unrelated issues..they STILL haven't released even the simplest timeline. As you mentioned who took kids to day care, calls/texts to name a few.

I understand they don't want to disclose too much, and it's 'their' job but after this long..they aren't disclosing for a reason. Stopping searches, believing she's out of the area. Also the family isn't saying anything either. Which makes it even more suspious.

And how could they assume she went jogging bc that's what the husband THOUGHT. How reliable is that. There isn't any proof she told ANYONE she went running... Oh, a witness seen a woman running that fits her description. That could easily be inaccurate. I am suprised they took this information and set it in stone, being LE and all!

If she didn't take the kids to daycare. Alibi for that morning, and whole day is just not even of substance. (If you know what I mean)

(Not pointing fingers)
Simply looking at this case from every angle.

I don't know that this LE has the expertise or the manpower to handle this investigation but who knows, we could be surprised.

I do not understand why LE never asked the public to search their properties and out buildings.

I do not understand why they haven't released if she took the kids to daycare and when. This leads me to believe that KP took them when he went to work. JMO

If so then they have no time-line at all to release except the eyewitnesses, which can be unreliable.

I don't understand ending that search so quickly for LE as well as the organized searches. I have NEVER seen that happen so fast. Why not call Texas Equasearch to help? Why the almost immediate statements that she was likely no longer in the area by LE, the PI and the family when many of us are thinking she might still be right there? I think they know something we don't.

A bungled kidnapping for ransom and the kidnappers stopped communicating?

Excellent post. I've been quiet for the past couple of days, but keep checking in hoping for news. I share all your questions and find the silence very unsettling. I tell myself they must be on to something big, then flip flop to OMG I think they have nothing. I can't imagine how her children must feel -- they must long for her something fierce.

Has the new PI said anything publicly?

Jinx. Ha ha I updated my post because I realized the same thing. However, others are still questioning him so it's still relevant to point out.

:)

And I just saw your original reply. I never have thought he was involved.

I'm not sure how to link a video but sheriff Bosenko says for there to be more FBI involvement, a federal violation of the law but have been committed. Paraphrasing here. Wouldn't kidnapping be a federal violation of the law? IMO this could mean the sheriff doesn't believe a kidnapping took place. Totally JMO. I keep going back and forth on what I think happened to Sherri.

Adding to your thoughts ... it appears to me that LE doesn't consider "suspicious circumstances" to be the same thing as a crime ... therefore, they wouldn't be treating the phone location and / or her home as a crime scene. Unless and until they have evidence that a crime was committed. Am I seeing that correctly?

Hi Bettylou4you,
I cannot find any LE comments regarding a black glove. Do you know which link it was in?
Thanks in advance.
Janine

I don't think you're going to find it. I have read almost every post on all 4 threads and I don't recall seeing any verifiable
source providing any information about the evidence found at the side of the road. All we have is a couple short pieces
of video shot by a reporter covering the story. That's it. No official information whatsoever.

No official source on what that black fabric-type thing is.
No official source on where, precisely, the phone was found.
No official source on whether or not the phone and earbuds were found together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser