Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but he has been an open book. He wouldn't not give permission and they can speak to kids without stating she's missing. And they can get information as to if they did see mommy upset or a stranger near by etc leading up to that day and also that morning before DC.

That's true. He has been an open book. Still not sure LE would put any resources here. Since he's passed the poly, they may not have seen the need to go down this path.

I can't imagine why you would think that. LE would speak to all immediate family members, including the kids.

If they haven't talk with the kids, then LE isnt doing their job. These children are victims and they should have been interviewed at the beginning because no one knew if KP was responsible or not. LE had a responsibility to protect those children until all the details were sorted out.

Its been my experience that LE would have called CPS (or whatever CA that is similar) and have them start an investigation to determine if the children were in an unsafe situation or not. Until LE and CPS both feel that the kids are ok and not in a bad situation, LE and CPS have to protect the children.

I havent been on this sight in 3 years.This case caught my eye.
Im putting togather my thoughts and feelings on this case.I've just been reading all your posts to keep me updated..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Im putting togather my thoughts and feelings on this case.I've just been reading all your posts to keep me updated..

:welcome: Thanks for joining us blackeyedcat10. We look forward to hearing from you when you've gathering your thoughts and feelings. Please don't hesitate to share them...while following the rules. :D

That's my take, too. Communications implying that she had not responded to or initiated any messages or calls or even checked email or social media accounts for that matter. I don't believe the phone went dead, she doesn't seem the type that would go for a run with a low battery. I think he also misspoke when he said "she hadn't been SEEN from, from that time". I think he meant to say she hadn't been HEARD from. This is what troubles me so much about the 2:00 sighting. Even if she were out running, I would think she would check her phone to see if KP had replied to say whether he was coming home for lunch. Not knowing on which side of Old Oregon Trail she was running, she may have stopped to wait for an oncoming car to pass thus giving her a chance to check her phone. Or she could've stopped to wait for a passing car and when the car slowed (or even turned onto Sunrise), she took out her phone to either look like she was calling someone or maybe even attempt to call 911. IMO, something happened near this intersection and closer to the noon time frame. Which would invalidate the 2:00 sighting. But if she was seen at 2:00, I think she would've seen KP's message sent at 1:30 (or 1:39) and at least replied with a "K". She was reported to be seen running/walking, thus time to check her phone. It would really be helpful if we knew what time she needed to leave to pick the kids up. That could also negate the 2:00 sighting. I really feel like there is a reason LE is not saying who saw her at 2:00. They could've easily said "a neighbor" when asked.

The only thing LE has said is one officer stated in an interview that "the last we knew is that she was jogging on this road right here behind us and her cell phone connections went dead around noon. She hadn't been seen from, from that time." (Source.)

I think he meant to say "her cell phone communications ceased," but who knows. Either way, no cell phone usage after noon.

Welcome back.

Thank you all. One of my best friends has a degree in Criminal Justice. Ive been picking her brain a bit. Ironically she and her husband will be looking at a home in Redding to buy in the coming weeks.They are retired and live her in Wa. Looking for warmer climate..

Just wondering if the post from campus security that was posted on the HFSP fb page has been discussed? I apologise for not checking the threads but I am having issues with getting the pages to load.

They will definitely find Redding extremely warm (and I grew up in the Sacramento region). Only Palm Springs in June I found was hotter!

IMO, it's going to be a long, long time (if ever) that we find out what happened to dear Sherri. There has been no "new" news in over a week - not from LE, not from family, not from friends. This case is dying a quiet death and it's a shame. Sherri seems to be a lovely soul and I really feel for her family. But I've come to the conclusion this case is cold and getting colder by the day. Like so many others we wonder about even years later. Sorry to be so gloomy, but we've been here dozens of times before. So many people are just...gone.

How very, very, very sad...what consternation!!!

Can someone please clarify for me if the phone and ear buds were found together?
In my mind if she did run away they would be. But if she was abducted I can see the assailant may throw them out the car window separately.

I have asked myself that question also...if found separate...to me, it may indicate a struggle...

Unless police know a whole more than we do, I too wonder when or if she might be found. Many people are never found, or are found by accident years later. I recall reading about a suicide where a woman shot herself on the land she owned and she was not found for a year. Also a few years ago, an older (not old) woman disappeared and it took six months to find her, less than 200 yards from her home. She had apparently died of natural causes.

If I had to guess and choose a theory, I feel like Sherri was grabbed by a predator, quickly removed from the area, and is no longer alive. She was likely left within forty or so miles from abduction point, maybe much closer. Maybe she will be found by hikers one day. ****just a theory****

Hope I am wrong and also that Le DOES know much more.

Jmo

I want to add to SP texting the husband. When my ex(cheater) would ask me when I was coming home, its because he wanted to know so he could be a dirtbag.....she seemed to check in so she could take off. When the family says "bring her back", could be she was having an online fling and something bad happened? Having sex in a car with someone and it went awry? The suspicious behavior? The family being in denial that no contact has been made? I don't know I have seen some crazy **** Was the gun still in the house? I don't remember seeing that.

I know I've answered this at least twice but things get buried fast. No specific info from LE but severeal MSM sources said the earbuds were still attached to tbe ohone.

"Sherri's ear budswere still in the phone, with strands of her hair attached.

www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/...seen-n679321?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you, Illinois Missing...yes, indeed, the earbuds were reported found together by NBC news...when I went looking for other redactions, early on, for some reason, they mention: "phone, earbuds, and hair strands", whereas, NBC did not write the piece that way...so, it started me wondering and on the track of "if in fact" these items were found together...MHO...just another angle...

Also, because of the "mysterious" item marked 3...which leads me to what are 1 and 2?

Thank you, Illinois Missing...yes, indeed, the earbuds were reported found together by NBC news...when I went looking for other redactions, early on, for some reason, they mention: "phone, earbuds, and hair strands", whereas, NBC did not write the piece that way...so, it started me wondering and on the track of "if in fact" these items were found together...MHO...just another angle...

Also, because of the "mysterious" item marked 3...which leads me to what are 1 and 2?
Hmmm...So only NBC said that? I wonder if the reporter got it wrong.

I'm all out if thoughts at this point.

I want to add to SP texting the husband. When my ex(cheater) would ask me when I was coming home, its because he wanted to know so he could be a dirtbag.....she seemed to check in so she could take off. When the family says "bring her back", could be she was having an online fling and something bad happened? Having sex in a car with someone and it went awry? The suspicious behavior? The family being in denial that no contact has been made? I don't know I have seen some crazy **** Was the gun still in the house? I don't remember seeing that.

This is is my first post. While I understand what you're trying to say, don't forget she was wrapping a package for him. This seems to make more sense than assuming she's cheating.

Hi all. I joined this site to follow this case and have been reading since Thread #1. One thought I had - I believe someone mentioned that SP sold things online. I wonder if this could have been a craigslist-type pick-up gone wrong? She may have gone jogging and was seen by witnesses. She was most likely listening to music on her headphones while jogging. May have received a text/call that someone wanted to pick-up their purchase. So she headed back to the house. Once she got there, she could have just been getting things done around the house while still listening to music on her headphones (I do this all the time after a run.) She may have been in the middle of wrapping a gift when the doorbell rang. She draped the headphones around her neck, answered the door, and she was abducted from there. The perp could have yanked her phone off of her (including headphones) and thrown them out the window as he drove away. This could explain why the dogs did not smell her around the phone/headphones. When she realized someone was going to come to do a pick-up, she may have just texted her husband to see if he was going to be home to make her feel more comfortable with a stranger coming by. I do this regularly as well. Obviously all of this is complete speculation on my part, but an angle that I don't believe has been discussed yet. Maybe they can track previously things that she sold and question some of those that they went to.

This is correct. ^^^^^

This isn't quite correct. ^^^^^^
The rules do not allow us to imply anything about family even BEFORE they have been cleared. They are victims until they are classified differently. I imagine that's what you meant. :)

We all need to memorize this! :D
"The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them."

Scroll down to Victim Friendly
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Would this include SP's ex-husband?

Does someone have the Sheriff log for the 4th (activity from the 3rd). <modsnip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors