Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say this just simply to try to get it off my mind:
Ever since Sherri went missing I cannot get Amber Dubois out of my mind. Opportunistic perp pulls over and threatens her and she does what he says and gets in the car out of fear. No witnesses, either.
Just something I can't shake.

Agree. And I am never running alone, ever again.

She was married before, we know this. caselookup.shastacourts.com:8080/cgi-bin/webcase20r?casefmt=SCRDCVFL07-0160994-001. You may have to search on 2007 as the year. No evidence as to violence I see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mixed him up with the TS case - my apologies. This case has used up the last of my brain power. I believe SP's ex has been cleared.

Does anyone here know ... if LE had obtained evidence that she left with someone voluntarily, was having an affair, was suicidal, etc. ... would they be tight lipped with Keith and the family, or would they reveal what they know?

Based on my expertise of watching a lot of Disappeared (lol), from what I've seen if it's voluntary they'll confirm the person is alive and well, but the only information they'll give to the family is that they verified the person is missing voluntarily and ok, not where they're at or any further info. It's up to the missing person if they want to contact the family. I would imagine if they had good reason to believe it was voluntary or a suicide, but no confirmation, they'd share that with the family. I mean, I don't see why not at least.

Can you please name me some cases of missing / potentially abducted women where LE stopped searches after one week? I'm racking my brain and don't recall a case like this. I keep thinking it must be because they know what happened, but then days are ticking by with no updates...I'd be livid if it was my family member that just didn't seem important enough to find. Sorry if I sound angry, I've been trying to wrap my brain around this case for 2 weeks ... I feel like they gave up too soon but at the same time trying to keep faith that they aren't letting it go cold.

It is strange that they are not looking.

There was the case in Texas of the woman who went missing after a party, and she had two young kids as well. I don't remember her name (and feel bad about that!). IIRC, they didn't search for long. She still has not been found.

It's frustrating because she IS SOMEWHERE.

Of course, if she got in a vehicle (which I'm thinking she did, unwillingly), she could be anywhere, absolutely anywhere.

jmopinion, at the moment.

Can you please name me some cases of missing / potentially abducted women where LE stopped searches after one week? I'm racking my brain and don't recall a case like this. I keep thinking it must be because they know what happened, but then days are ticking by with no updates...I'd be livid if it was my family member that just didn't seem important enough to find. Sorry if I sound angry, I've been trying to wrap my brain around this case for 2 weeks ... I feel like they gave up too soon but at the same time trying to keep faith that they aren't letting it go cold.

Yeah, I mean. They MUST know she's not nearby, right? Gosh. It really is so strange, the lack of organized searches, along with the early conclusion by the family that they believe she's not in the area. If she was jogging, there would be a good enough chance of her being out in the boonies, injured, that I would think they'd be combing the area, every nook and cranny, and organizing searches with or without LE. And (my own opinion and feeling here), the demeanor of the police really just doesn't seem urgent.

I know I'm not contributing anything new. I've thought about all this, like most of us have, but it really just hit me how odd that all seems. Along with so much else in this case.

I guess if they do have some sort of info that she's not "out there" to be searched and found...well, there are still too many reasons why that could be to help figure it out at this point. But I suppose that would probably mean someone is going ahead without the public's assistance. Which would mean they have something. They must have. (My tentative conclusion. It ain't much.)

To me with the present Sherry was working on left half rapped
continues to run through my mind. I had read she was always making trinkets etc. Someone had mentioned perhaps she ran out of wrapping paper etc. If she does make misc things all the time I would think she would have all of her supplys on hand.
Im leaning towards perhaps when she got home the perp (s)
knew her husband was away and then approached her house knowing she was alone and then apprehended her. In the end everyone just wants her safe..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's the latest from the Sheriff and it sounds like he doesn't think it was an abduction:
Bosenko said there's still not enough evidence to classify Papini's disappearance as an abduction -- or not. But he did note that her vanishing shouldn't scare people into thinking they're in any more danger than usual.

"If this was an abduction, it's really rare. We don't have any indication, any evidence to say it was or wasn't," Bosenko said Wednesday. "I do not believe that the public in general is in danger as result of the Papini case."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...iff--401588036.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
My WAG is that LE thinks someone known SP attacked her, but LE has too little evidence to make anything out of it at this time.

Here's the latest from the Sheriff and it sounds like he doesn't think it was an abduction:
Bosenko said there's still not enough evidence to classify Papini's disappearance as an abduction -- or not. But he did note that her vanishing shouldn't scare people into thinking they're in any more danger than usual.

"If this was an abduction, it's really rare. We don't have any indication, any evidence to say it was or wasn't," Bosenko said Wednesday. "I do not believe that the public in general is in danger as result of the Papini case."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...iff--401588036.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
My WAG is that LE thinks someone known SP attacked her, but LE has too little evidence to make anything out of it at this time.

Thanks for including the summary, SpanishInquisition. It's so much easier to discuss and keep up when there's some sort of information with the link. Yeah. I agree. It's totally in line with what we've just been saying about lack of urgency, or at least calls for action or awareness from LE. I really can't make up my mind what it means for Sherri, though.

If someone abducted or attacked SP what are the odds they would be following the search online?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sheriff: 'There should not be a panic' amid Sherri Papini disappearance
Redding Record Searchlight

Excerpts
Despite the apparent lack of leads in Papini's disappearance, calling the case cold is "not even something that we're considering at this point," Bosenko said.

But the ground searching for Papini is done for now, though detectives "are actively working the case," Bosenko said... the ground search didn't yield anything of significant or evidentiary value."

Papini's family has also called off its ground searches.​

I agree. Plus, I doubt the abductor would take the time to text the husband. Whatever he did to Sherri must've been done somewhere else. As far as we know, there were no signs of a struggle in the house.

I'm just wondering where the FBI comes in helping out with technology. Is it possible for someone to hack into another person's phone from theirs, and send a text? Could this person have worked for AT&T?

Is that completely far fetched? I'm reaching here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! At least this is something. Goodness I hope they get a break ... there are far too many cold cases. It has to be frustrating for them, as well.

I watched the video again. I didn't get the impression they were frustrated with LE. I thought she was referring to a vague "not knowing" what happened to his wife. Still, a week or two later, and they still seem to be at square one.

I didn't get the impression they were frustrated with LE either. They're frustrated that nothing has turned up.

My point was that it looks like LE had nothing at that point. Nothing they were sharing, anyway.

Agree. And I am never running alone, ever again.

I had two service techs in my home yesterday and texted my sister to let her know—and included the guys' license plate and cell number. I'm usually cautious while out and about but too trusting for my own good with repairmen and such in my home. This case in particular has startled me into an abundance of caution.

I'm just wondering where the FBI comes in helping out with technology. Is it possible for someone to hack into another person's phone from theirs, and send a text? Could this person have worked for AT&T?

Is that completely far fetched? I'm reaching here.

My daughter is techie, she says as long as the person knows the passwords to the phone they can remote access it to send a text from that phone. If it's an iPhone you can do it through a MacBook with your icloud account. It would take someone very skilled in computers to know about it ... but yes ... it is possible.

I hope y'all can make sense of that bit of information because it's way over my head!

Thank you! At least this is something. Goodness I hope they get a break ... there are far too many cold cases. It has to be frustrating for them, as well.

However, "No more danger than usual" is frightening, considering Redding's reputation!
I can say that since where I live is just as bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14