Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Low lifes, typical term used for all of the street folk. My dad calls them the same thing. It's a culture there. They are usually SOs/drug addicts/distributors. They are everywhere pushing their carts of shame (as I call their shopping carts filled with trash). These are not folks down on their luck, it's an intentional lifestyle.

I could definitely see him thinking that then, if one sees them around there all the time. Makes sense. Thanks.

I'm an Anderson Cub :)

I think she was abducted. Possibly someone who lives out in Mountain Gate/Shasta Lake City and took Old Oregon Trail to get to I-5 to go into town. I think they took note of what time they saw her jogging and planned out their abduction. To me it seems like they had some way to subdue her and took her in an area where there were no cameras. I do think it's possible that it's an RSO.

I am also on the fence about her leaving on her own. I have several friends who went to school with Keith and Sherri, and all of them have stated that they do not think she would have left on her own, and believe she has been taken.

I am leaning more towards an abduction because I don't see how she could leave on her own with no car, without any help, or anyone seeing her in the days since her disappearance. This case seriously has me baffled.

I've worked out a complete scenario of how she could have voluntarily left with no help and no car and working into the jogging and where the phone was found, and the next scheduled departure of a greyhound bus (Amtrak timing being too unreasonable). It's possible, but geez. It's not high on my list of likely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of my besties thinks it was someone stalking her as well and she was abducted. So freaking scary. I read something upthread that asked why people aren't out looking for her, but one of my friends says there are signs everywhere and it's all anyone is talking about. So, it seems like everyone there who could actually do the looking is on high alert. What are you seeing?

She could be anywhere in the mountains. You can't even get cell service on the way up to the dam. It's not the easiest place to search. So so awful.

I've seen signs all over also. It does seem to be all that anyone is talking about. All of my local friends, as well as friends throughout other parts of California have been sharing her flyers on Facebook. It's so upsetting how people can just disappear from this area without a trace. My heart breaks for this family and I hope they get some sort of answers.

I've seen signs all over also. It does seem to be all that anyone is talking about. All of my local friends, as well as friends throughout other parts of California have been sharing her flyers on Facebook. It's so upsetting how people can just disappear from this area without a trace. My heart breaks for this family and I hope they get some sort of answers.

Do you remember when a few joggers disappeared from the river trail? There were also a bunch of sexual assaults. It happened very late 80s/early 90s. I need to go try to find that info. Weird stuff has happened in our little town, that's for sure.

Do you remember when a few joggers disappeared from the river trail? There were also a bunch of sexual assaults. It happened very late 80s/early 90s. I need to go try to find that info. Weird stuff has happened in our little town, that's for sure.

I don't remember that. Were they ever found? The first thought that came to my mind when I heard about Sherri disappearing from Old Oregon Trail was Tera Smith. I know everyone suspected the martial arts instructor but this has me now thinking maybe he didn't have anything to do with it. The cases might not be related at all, it's just so strange that they would be the same age, they have similar looks and disappeared from the same road while out jogging.

So what I'm hearing is, I shouldn't pencil Redding in on this year's vacation itinerary?

The only missing person hoax case I can think of at the moment is Rachael Mattice. She was missing for about two weeks and I think it was less than a week before she was charged with falsely reporting an incident. Can anyone think of other cases, and if so how long the person was gone?

The only missing person hoax case I can think of at the moment is Rachael Mattice. She was missing for about two weeks and I think it was less than a week before she was charged with falsely reporting an incident. Can anyone think of other cases, and if so how long the person was gone?

Olivia Newton-John's boyfriend:

"In 2005, Olivia Newton-John’s on-again, off-again boyfriend, cameraman Patrick McDermott, disappeared during a fishing trip off the coast of California."

"Missing persons investigator Philip Klein told Dateline he was convinced the 48-year-old fled to Mexico, based on eyewitness reports and hits to a “Find Patrick McDermott” website he set up to lure the man, that Klein believed came from a boat travelling up and down Mexico’s Pacific coast."

"Earlier this year, Klein came forward with what he said are more details about the cameraman’s apparent new life."

"In an interview with Woman’s Day Australia in March, he claimed that McDermott was living in a remote Mexican village, “probably working in the yachting industry.”

"The Australian Daily Telegraph reported back in 2010 that it had seen emails showing McDermott had offered to give private investigators DNA evidence that he is still alive."

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/12217898

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say you have good reason to be concerned in Redding, especially with so many juvenile offenders. I've suspected a local RSO from the beginning and SP small build and youthful appearance would make her a target, IMO. There has been a lot posted on SM about the prevalence of RSOs in Shasta County. I've seen reports of anywhere from 450-700 RSOs there, but even that is hard to gauge not knowing the population. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the Redding stats: 300 residents to 1 sex offender. Checking multiple cities with varying populations where I live, the numbers are anywhere from 5,000-50,000 residents per offender. I'm not bashing anyone's hometown, I'm very protective of my own and hate to see how it has changed negatively in recent years. Just think it's important to note that SP lives in area in which the likelihood of encountering a RSO was pretty high. One known to live very close to her.

According to our research of California and other state lists there were 303 registered sex offenders living in Redding as of November 20, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Redding to the number of sex offenders is 300 to 1.

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Redding-California.html#ixzz4Qb0hocpA

Hello! I haven't been here in AGES, but as a born and raised Redding gal, this case brought me back! I'm going to try to start reading the threads, but as far as theories go, me and my childhood friends have a hunch that she was taken by a RSO. They are everywhere in Redding. It's heartbreaking to see my hometown fall into such disrepair, but everyone on the streets are high and the state drops a lot of SOs in Redding once they are released. I won't let my 9 year old out of my sight for 5 minutes there, but I allow him to ride his bike in a much bigger city. Any other Redding folks out there?

Hello! I haven't been here in AGES, but as a born and raised Redding gal, this case brought me back! I'm going to try to start reading the threads, but as far as theories go, me and my childhood friends have a hunch that she was taken by a RSO. They are everywhere in Redding. It's heartbreaking to see my hometown fall into such disrepair, but everyone on the streets are high and the state drops a lot of SOs in Redding once they are released. I won't let my 9 year old out of my sight for 5 minutes there, but I allow him to ride his bike in a much bigger city. Any other Redding folks out there?

Olivia,

I live in Redding. I don't think it is all that bad but it does have its problems. Homelessness, hard drugs and a lack of decent paying jobs are big problems. I have no idea if we have more than our share of SRO's of if they represent much of a problem. I came here for the outdoors recreation and I have not been disappointed.

Bethel Church has a big economic footprint in town and gets involved in, but by no means dominates local politics. They have a reputation as a cult and plenty of local critics. My general impression is that they spend money but otherwise leave the rest of us alone.

I doubt this guy is going to make much difference in this investigation but I don't see him as a problem. I wonder if his offer is primarily meant to impress other Bethel members. If his "ransom" is paid and Sherri is released unharmed, I would be real suspicious.

I don't want to derail the thread by getting into other cases, but to answer your question, it is possible that couple that just went missing in the desert and found on the Mexico border was a hoax, if your definition of a hoax is faking a disappearance for monetary gain or fame...I mean the male is a documentary filmmaker...I guess we'll find out if the movie ever comes out containing "real footage." JMO

I think offering a potential perp money to return Sherri is ridiculous and ineffective. If that was his or her goal, they would have sent a ransom demand first. If she is being held by anyone and is still alive, the perp has darker ideas and isn't about to risk getting caught by contacting anyone for a payout. Also JMO.

I don't understand why there's so many RSO's in Redding. Are they moving there or are they mostly home grown?

Either way, why is there a disproportionate amount of them residing in a small city?

Have all members familiarized themselves with The Rules or are they choosing to ignore them?

The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

You may sleuth a victim and a POI/suspect. You cannot sleuth everyone !! If someone (i.e. CG) is named in MSM, you can discuss what they say in MSM. You CANNOT sleuth their personal details (their religion, their family doctor, their friends, car mechanic, whomever) and post about it on this board. Just STOP IT !!

The Rules: Etiquette & Information

RACE/SEX/RELIGION BASHING and INTOLERANCE

Threads or posts promoting or expressing intolerant views toward a particular social group (such as race, religion, gender and sexual orientation) are prohibited.

Everyone has a gender, an orientation, a political or religious belief (or not) .. those issues do not factor into our discussion at Websleuths. Just STOP IT !!

I have personally removed approximately 200 posts in this thread in the past 2 days. We regret having to get heavy-handed in a thread, but this has gone too far. From now on ZERO TOLERANCE for members (old and new) who choose to disregard The Rules ... Time Outs will be issued and posts will be removed without explanations that we don't have time for.

We have hundreds of threads here at WS where members do not find it all that difficult to post in accordance with The Rules here. Just read The Rules and post in accordance with them.

No more warnings.

Sorry Sillybilly, what a lot of unnecessary work.

In 2004 a student at University of Wisconsin faked her own kidnapping and was found about 4 days later hiding in a park near campus. She claimed she was abducted at knifepoint. Police found surveillance video of her buying a knife, rope, and other paraphernalia shortly before she disappeared, and she was put on probation and had to pay restitution for the search costs. The reason given for it was that she was depressed over breaking up with a boyfriend. Anyway it was a big story in the Midwest because it was just a few months after the (very real) kidnapping of Dru Sjodin in North Dakota.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4630360/n...-students-kidnap-story-was-hoax/#.WDJso3BOKrU

I don't want to add another rabbit hole but, I was thinking maybe she joined an app where you can stay anonymous. One that comes to mind is Whisper.

You post can post "secrets" and it only shows your handle which is chosen at random for you. There is a chat feature that lets you talk to other members privately. You can choose to disclose your location (I believe it shows city and state) but, no notifications come via text or email.

I'm almost wondering if she was speaking to someone on there and it went south or they could of possibly runoff together. They could of communicated strictly on the app which would explain why there was no evidence of their communication on her texts or email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member