Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
18 days...

... still puzzled by the fact that I haven't seen a news clip of the whole family (husband, parents, sister, sister-in-law) all together in any of the updates or addressing the media, not once. It's either her parents, or KP, or her sis or his sis with her's or her aunties at church (KP and relatives not there). IIRC their geographical location is the same, or is not?

My heart is breaking for those innocent babies caught up
in these bizarre scenario...

Puzzled, thinking, pondering and praying.

JMO

I'm just thinking what case has someone been returned to their family for ransom money? I can't think of one in the US
I can't think of one.

And I can't think of many where a ransom was offered like in this manner. It's weird. As are some family members comments about it.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I can't think of one.
And I can't think of many where a ransom was offered like in this manner. It's weird. As are some family members comments about it.
Jmo

I'm sort of half expecting that it will be announced on Tuesday or Wednesday that a ransom was paid and that they've signed a book and movie deal. The whole thing is just so weird.

I've only seen "the family" referenced as picking up the kids that day. Do you know where it was reported that it was KP's mother?
I saw it on a post that the FIL posted. He said she went and picked them up when kp caked them about the phone. Fil then went to the house to meet with kp and the mother brought the kids to the house.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This may be slightly off topic,but... while I understand there is a account set up to help find Sherri, I have noticed the total amount needed to reach goal has actually increased a few times. Does this only happen when someone does a chargeback on a credit card or does it also happen when money is withdrawn? I ask because I've noticed the total number of donors has only ever went down by 1, which seemed odd, but then I noticed it stated at the bottom "Please note that Keith's sister, (snipped), is withdrawing the funds from this campaign."

Anyone familiar with the process?

And, yes, I've been paying attention to it because a hoax was my initial thought with her disappearance and it's still up there swirling around in my mind.

I think people are confusing this acct with the reward. Sherri's initial reward was 10K..then it was upped to 50K because family put up another 40K. The is TOTALLY separate. The that has raised around 50K is going directly to HIS sister Suzanne. It expressly states that. It is NOT being used as reward money! So Suzanne has been making withdrawals and will continue to do so I assume.

<modsnip> I did NOT mention anything about that money being used for a reward. I've quoted my previous post so that you may refer to it if need be. My question was about the amount needed to reach goal increasing when money was withdrawn.

There has been no statement that he didn't try to call. Actually, it was stated he made a flurry of calls before calling LE. My husband and I share passwords, because it's convenient to grab the closest phone to make a call, or look up something when out. We rarely take both phones anywhere. And, would we call it controlling if Sherri had his passwords too? It's impossible to say she had no privacy with any accuracy based on what little we know. IMO, it's just more husband bashing.
Agree absolutely. My husband and I have each other's passwords...it's convenient for the same reasons you mentioned

I'm a little behind here, but wow. The ransom is an interesting twist and like many of you, I have never heard of a case in which a ransom offer like this "worked".

It's particularly interesting to me that the person offering the ransom is so convinced Sherri is alive. If she was abducted by a stranger (or even an acquantaince), the chances are very slim (IMO) that she is still alive. There are many more abducted and then killed victims than there are KBs (for example).

This ransom thing is just so curious to me.

I believe you are mistaken. We cannot discuss the racial issues because it's not an approved source. Must be reported directly in the MSM or Sheriff etc. It has nothing to do with it not being relevant and everything to do with it being technically a rumor.

I believe we're excluded from that out of a concern for victim blaming, like we can discuss her Pinterest, etc. even though that hasn't been mentioned by MSM either. It's a thread-specific rule, just like how on other threads there are thread-specific rules where you can discuss and sleuth certain family members.

It's very true it could have been a logical and perfectly acceptable move in this case to track her phone. But having been through what I have, it bothers me, and my experience leads me to question if she was as happy as the media portrays her to be. We all have different life experiences and relationship dynamics that can cast things in a different light, and it's useful to look at these circumstances with as much input as possible. I'm not saying it's likely or even presumable that she was in an abusive relationship, but we should be aware of these things and know that one can look like they're in the happiest relationship in the world and actually be miserable.
You can always turnn the location services of your devices if you don't want to participate. She didn't do that so I assume she had no issue with it.

And yet the family didn't continue to organize searches either and they feel she is no longer in the area.

LE has uncovered information that they are not releasing.

Searches in certain areas may truly require search warrants for some private properties and homes of those that searchers may deem as suspect. So imo; its hard for families to search where they really want to.

Example. Todd Kohlhepp property was where his victims phone last pinged at. But searches couldn't be done on his land without a warrant. And it took LE 7 weeks just to legally search his property.

I'm a little behind here, but wow. The ransom is an interesting twist and like many of you, I have never heard of a case in which a ransom offer like this "worked".

It's particularly interesting to me that the person offering the ransom is so convinced Sherri is alive. If she was abducted by a stranger (or even an acquantaince), the chances are very slim (IMO) that she is still alive. There are many more abducted and then killed victims than there are Kala Browns (for example).

This ransom thing is just so curious to me.

I find it particularly curious since it was floating around since at least the 6th where a TV station had previously refused to publish it because they couldn't confirm the veracity of it, which AFAIK there's still been no independent confirmation of the veracity of it.

I'm just thinking what case has someone been returned to their family for ransom money? I can't think of one in the US
Successful ransom kidnappings in the U.S. include those of Frank Sinatra Jr. and Elizabeth Rosencrantz; in each case the perps were eventually captured.

I'm sort of half expecting that it will be announced on Tuesday or Wednesday that a ransom was paid and that they've signed a book and movie deal. The whole thing is just so weird.

With the lack of information and the strange twists and turns, I can't say that thought hasn't crossed my mind either.

I'm not convinced she was seen that day.
But the police would be able to ping her phone to know if it moved from the house etc. I'd she had the health app activated they would know her steps etc.

Without knowing what LE knows we are at a standstill. <modsnip>

But the police would be able to ping her phone to know if it moved from the house etc. I'd she had the health app activated they would know her steps etc.

Yes, they would.

I don't think that's possible about the pinging. There are few cell towers there and no matter where she was in that area it would probably ping off the same cell tower. The phone itself, however, might show her movement that day.

I am editing this because I realize that she had an IPhone which might have GPS that is always enabled. l know they can ping it live but don't know that they can go back in time.

Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I can't think of one.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I read in one of the FB comments that it's called a "reverse ransom." Interesting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876