Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

How could the anonymous donor be invested enough to offer up 50k for her return but walk away if she isn't handed in by a certain time? He'll just shrug and walk away? And doesn't having a deadline potentially put Sherri's life at risk? Pardon the pun - but say for whatever reason her abductor is unable to make the deadline there's no more financial incentive to keep Sherri alive.

This situation is so bizarre.

This article also says "Gamble has said he agrees that the alleged abductor probably didn't take Sherri for money, but he or she may turn the crime into a financial opportunity if an offer's on the table."

For what other reason would she be abducted, I wonder? Revenge, sexual gratification if abductor is a pyschopath?

Power. Control. Dominance.

What happens if the kidnapper gets in touch with Gamble after the mysterious benefactor has withdrawn his offer? Will Gamble have to start asking the public for money to pay the ransom?

Yes! Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

But those were not stranger abductions, and neither were the other two mentioned. My point is that it seems like stranger abductions USUALLY result in the body being found and ones where it wasn't a stranger, they are more likely to remain hidden/never found. Just my opinion.

But those were not stranger abductions, and neither were the other two mentioned. My point is that it seems like stranger abductions USUALLY result in the body being found and ones where it wasn't a stranger, they are more likely to remain hidden/never found. Just my opinion.
I feel that whether or not they are found is luck most of the time, not based on whether they knew their abductor.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Christina Morris is an example of your post.

New thing! rank items in order of least likely (9) to most likely (1).

1.___Kidnapped; ransom will be paid.
2.___Abducted; will come home alive.
3.___Abducted; will not come home alive.
4.___Will be found to have had amnesia.
5.___Hoax involving SP, those close to her.
6.___Left willingly; those close to her don't know.
7.___Murdered; the jog was a red herring all along.
8.___Hit by car while jogging; driver disposed of body.
9.___Committed suicide.

Godot - You'd make an excellent jury foreman.

3, 6, 2, 1, 4, 9, 7 ,8, 5 First listed most likely,

Come home Sherri.

How could the anonymous donor be invested enough to offer up 50k for her return but walk away if she isn't handed in by a certain time? He'll just shrug and walk away? And doesn't having a deadline potentially put Sherri's life at risk? Pardon the pun - but say for whatever reason her abductor is unable to make the deadline there's no more financial incentive to keep Sherri alive.
This situation is so bizarre.

It's actually more than that and apparently it's just laying around ready to go:
Gamble said the amount of ransom money available is substantial, but he declined to say how much. “The cash is ready to go,” he said.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article116329608.html#storylink=cpy

New thing! rank items in order of least likely (9) to most likely (1).

1.6[B] Kidnapped; ransom will be paid.
2. 5[/B] Abducted; will come home alive.
3.1 Abducted; will not come home alive.
4. 9 Will be found to have had amnesia.
5. 8 Hoax involving SP, those close to her.
6. 4 Left willingly; those close to her don't know.
7. 2 Murdered; the jog was a red herring all along.
8. 3 Hit by car while jogging; driver disposed of body.
9. 7 Committed suicide.

my thoughts..

It's actually more than that and apparently it's just laying around ready to go:
Gamble said the amount of ransom money available is substantial, but he declined to say how much. “The cash is ready to go,” he said.

What some people won't do for publicity. smh. Reminds me of that bounty hunter from the Caylee Anthony case. I can't remember his name.

I don't understand why the family would allow this situation to turn into a sideshow. It's hard to take things seriously when bizarre side characters are invited to the party. The family should never have allowed this, IMO. For lots of reasons, really.

Except for when whoever it is leaves town, then they're going to have to take their suitcase of money with them and won't be contactable ever again.

I know, it's weird right? Normally you would think that a payment in exchange for someone's freedom would be a permanent kind of offer and could be made electronically at any stage. But this time, they've just got that one suitcase with the one guy who's just in town until he's not. And then it's gone.

I apologise if my facetiousness is showing ;), but this reward offer (weirdly being referred to as a ransom payment for a ransom demand never made) is the oddest part of a very odd case IMO.

A deadline?

So weird to me.

I totally agree with u.

Disclaimer - This idea is a bit out in left field:
Does anyone out there think that there may have been a ransom-type letter sent to the family and that's why they are convinced she was abducted? Perhaps it included something (ie: her wedding ring) as proof that they have her. LE could be withholding this info from the general public.

There is just something nagging at me about this reward that is being offered up - people just don't offer up that type of $$ without some sort of reassurance that she could be alive.
JMO

Disclaimer - This idea is a bit out in left field:
Does anyone out there think that there may have been a ransom-type letter sent to the family and that's why they are convinced she was abducted? Perhaps it included something (ie: her wedding ring) as proof that they have her. LE could be withholding this info from the general public.

There is just something nagging at me about this reward that is being offered up - people just don't offer up that type of $$ without some sort of reassurance that she could be alive.
JMO

I don't know, obviously.

But, your post does make me wonder if the family (or others, like the ransom Gamble<modsnip>) is doing more outside of the LE investigation. Totally thinking aloud here, not really even speculating. Just seems possible, since the guy in the video is clear that they aren't working with LE.

IDK.

JMO

If I was anywhere local and CG got Sherri returned it would be bittersweet. Id be a bit peeved the "bad guys" have been invited to walk.away with out accountability.
Of course I would happy for Sherri's return.

I'm thinking this tactic will not work. I think the time line is building suspense. At five AM tomorrow will CG and Mister Money just walk away and shrug ? I don't think CG seems like he would be willing to accept defeat. Especially after putting himself and his credentials on the line internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mctigue30