Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thnk it is fact that random killers are more likely to dump bodies without a lot of thought (except serial killers.) People close to the victim want the body far, far away, imo, to muddy the waters.

Hoping Sherri comes home soon, whatever the situation. <modsnip>
Sherri come home and resume your wonderful life for Christmas.

I thnk it is fact that random killers are more likely to dump bodies without a lot of thought (except serial killers.) People close to the victim want the body far, far away, imo, to muddy the waters.

Yes, I think I've seen that established before. Random killers often just dump remains by the side of the road or in an alley or vacant field in a neighborhood.

They have less motive to hide the remains - because they're less likely to be caught at all. And oddly, in the deaths of children, caregivers often bury them in a protective way. Odd.

UPDATE, 12:55 p.m.

Cameron Gamble said the ransom offer for Sherri Papini is very much an expiring offer, so her alleged captor needs to act quickly.

"If they call me tomorrow at 5:01 a.m., they're not getting a ransom," he said. "We are absolutely sticking to our guns."

What gives them the right to (possibly) play games with a womans life? Unless they know something and are secretly working with the FBI? Could that be possible?

This is insane

Except for when whoever it is leaves town, then they're going to have to take their suitcase of money with them and won't be contactable ever again.

I know, it's weird right? Normally you would think that a payment in exchange for someone's freedom would be a permanent kind of offer and could be made electronically at any stage. But this time, they've just got that one suitcase with the one guy who's just in town until he's not. And then it's gone.

I apologise if my facetiousness is showing ;), but this reward offer (weirdly being referred to as a ransom payment for a ransom demand never made) is the oddest part of a very odd case IMO.

A deadline?

So weird to me.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a deadline. This means someone does not have her. 50 grand is alot of money.
No questions asked. IMO this was not a kidnapping for ransom.
All jmo

Except for when whoever it is leaves town, then they're going to have to take their suitcase of money with them and won't be contactable ever again.

I know, it's weird right? Normally you would think that a payment in exchange for someone's freedom would be a permanent kind of offer and could be made electronically at any stage. But this time, they've just got that one suitcase with the one guy who's just in town until he's not. And then it's gone.

I apologise if my facetiousness is showing ;), but this reward offer (weirdly being referred to as a ransom payment for a ransom demand never made) is the oddest part of a very odd case IMO.

A deadline?

So weird to me.

Not to mention this "negotiator" just happens to be local?? It's all very, very far-fetched but I can't understand what's going on.

Is he himself the mysterious benefactor? Is he in cahoots with the mysterious benefactor and a third person (actual kidnapper) to create a story to gain fame? Is Sherri involved in this plot? Is Sherri voluntarily missing and this whole ransom story was concocted to draw HER out?

So, so bizarre and if it wasn't such a serious matter it's almost funny.

I figured out what's bothering me about *CG*. What if this unprecedented type of offer, this promise of $$$$ with ZERO police involvement causes some copy cat idiot kidnapping? In my opinion this guy needs to be shut down post haste. Besides he distracts from the public's willingness to find her. Makes it seems as though she is held hidden for ransom and there isn't any point in searching. Moo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Disclaimer - This idea is a bit out in left field:
Does anyone out there think that there may have been a ransom-type letter sent to the family and that's why they are convinced she was abducted? Perhaps it included something (ie: her wedding ring) as proof that they have her. LE could be withholding this info from the general public.

There is just something nagging at me about this reward that is being offered up - people just don't offer up that type of $$ without some sort of reassurance that she could be alive.
JMO

I think it would be odd to publicise a ransom payment offer if the ransom demand has already been made.

If they wanted to follow the ransom demand outside of LE advice or knowledge, I believe they would do just that. Otherwise what is the video ransom money about - a counter offer? That's got to be the worst decision to make outside of LE advice ever.

Reassurance she could be alive is a different matter to a ransom, I believe. And that much I could possibly believe they might have knowledge of - be it in a hoax situation or something they aren't releasing to the public or otherwise.

Ok so the entire ransom thing is way off to me, however o can see the line of thinking .... maybe some clue was left behind or sent that makes people think it is a ransom style abdication , but something is hindering the kidnapper from collecting or something.....
But what if they changed the wording of the ransom and made it more like a reward for information. I'm not sure how that would work but I am trying to figure out some way to bring her home. I don't think this is a ransom abduction at all , but maybe the kidnapper/murder could be swayed by money. Maybe if worded right the kidnapper could think he gets a giant pay off and could relocate

Ok I'm multi tasking and thinking wayyyyy too much and it's now obvious that I read and watch too much crime entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured out what's bothering me about Ransom guy. What if this unprecedented type of offer, this promise of $$$$ with ZERO police involvement causes some copy cat idiot kidnapping? In my opinion this guy needs to be shut down post haste. Besides he distracts from the public's willingness to find her. Makes it seems as though she is held hidden for ransom and there isn't any point in searching. Moo.

That is a very scary thought. Even more so if that is the intention. Yikes!

I wonder what the family and CG will do if 5:00am comes and goes and she's not returned. Then what? Will they assume the worst?

I keep thinking about her children and what effect this may have on them if she has simply disappeared for awhile....As a child my mother abandoned my brother and I for six months(some family members knew where she had gone and even helped her), we were a few years older than Sherri's children.....I have never gotten over how it felt to have my mother disappear suddenly....

With every good wish for Sherri and her family....

I figured out what's bothering me about *CG*. What if this unprecedented type of offer, this promise of $$$$ with ZERO police involvement causes some copy cat idiot kidnapping? In my opinion this guy needs to be shut down post haste. Besides he distracts from the public's willingness to find her. Makes it seems as though she is held hidden for ransom and there isn't any point in searching. Moo.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone ends up being shot where someone - including CG - could end up dead wholly because of this grandstanding. He's let every criminal know he's got liquid money at hand where a criminal or group of criminals could physically go after him for the money while having no connection to SP.

I am sure the FBI is aware of this and perhaps even ok with it. The Ransom letter does not say anything about the FBI.
I have to say that the whole thing is like a crazy mystery movie but I have seen a lot of crazy Datelines and 48 hour stories, so you never know.....

If I was anywhere local and CG got Sherri returned it would be bittersweet. Id be a bit peeved the "bad guys" have been invited to walk.away with out accountability.
Of course I would happy for Sherri's return.

I'm thinking this tactic will not work. I think the time line is building suspense. At five AM tomorrow will CG and Mister Money just walk away and shrug ? I don't think CG seems like he would be willing to accept defeat. Especially after putting himself and his credentials on the line internationally.

Well, the "bad guys" might be able to walk away without accountability and collect the ransom reward, but that doesn't mean that LE wouldn't continue on with the investigation and perhaps press charges later?

IMOO.

What gives them the right to (possibly) play games with a womans life? Unless they know something and are secretly working with the FBI? Could that be possible?

This is insane

They are not playing with her life.
They were actually drawing a line.
Here's you chance take it or leave it.

I don't believe there is a kidnapper anyway.
Someone harmed her and she needs to be found .

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a deadline. This means someone does not have her. 50 grand is alot of money.
No questions asked. IMO this was not a kidnapping for ransom.
All jmo

You don't think a deadline is a bit risky?

Would you quibble with someone who potentially has a woman's life in their hands over a deadline? Either the offer is there or it's not. A deadline seems a little too amateur dramatics to me. It's surplus.

If you're offering a large amount of money for her release, do you really need to point out that you're offering it if she's released now, rather than in 20 years?

Threatening someone who holds all the cards into action doesn't seem like the best strategy to me, but that's subjective, I realise.

Offering a large amount of money outside of LE to release her with no more questions asked... that I can see as a working strategy for release. The deadline is absolutely weird to me.

All MOO.

That's a lot of money to tease someone with. Imagine the scenario they've cooked up is real and you're Sherri. Your abductor can't make the deadline and the money is suddenly off the table. What if the promise of a pay off was keeping her alive?

I don't understand how anyone is playing along with this, unless there's something going on behind the scenes we're not privy to. I have my doubts the anonymous donor and bags of cash actually exists.

images

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...RtST4Wnmp5g7bnL_qqwQa7b6hWVnQRtXBAuZobQjJEIRz

Disclaimer - This idea is a bit out in left field:
Does anyone out there think that there may have been a ransom-type letter sent to the family and that's why they are convinced she was abducted? Perhaps it included something (ie: her wedding ring) as proof that they have her. LE could be withholding this info from the general public.

There is just something nagging at me about this reward that is being offered up - people just don't offer up that type of $$ without some sort of reassurance that she could be alive.
JMO

Then I'd think LE would be scrambling to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478