Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer - This idea is a bit out in left field:
Does anyone out there think that there may have been a ransom-type letter sent to the family and that's why they are convinced she was abducted? Perhaps it included something (ie: her wedding ring) as proof that they have her. LE could be withholding this info from the general public.

There is just something nagging at me about this reward that is being offered up - people just don't offer up that type of $$ without some sort of reassurance that she could be alive.
JMO

I am beginning to think along those lines as
well. Or perhaps something was revealed in her phone records that suggested she was meeting with someone from her past who they now know abducted her and may be in contact with the family in some way ??

The overall chances of success are improved by imposing a deadline. That's why it's used.

edit: In fact, to turn this around, why would you NOT impose a deadline, knowing that they improve the chances of a successful outcome? Do you really want to take that kind of chance when a person's life may be at stake?

Do you have anything to support this or show actual numbers, or is it your opinion? I'm genuinely curious.

I really don't think that this is a hoax. IMO

IMO, although something has felt 'off' about her disappearance since the first thread opened, I don't think that she left voluntarily.

Perhaps the report on the police blotter about someone witnessing an altercation that day between a female pedestrian and a male in a car was valid? Sorry, I don't have the link handy (it was in an earlier thread) but those of you who have followed closely from the beginning will know what I am referring to. Please delete this if I have crossed any boundaries since I don't have a link.

JMO, but maybe the witness had verifiable info about what he saw and this is partly what has convinced the family that she was abducted?

I figured out what's bothering me about *CG*. What if this unprecedented type of offer, this promise of $$$$ with ZERO police involvement causes some copy cat idiot kidnapping? In my opinion this guy needs to be shut down post haste. Besides he distracts from the public's willingness to find her. Makes it seems as though she is held hidden for ransom and there isn't any point in searching. Moo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sandra Harris was kidnapped for ransom on November 18th. LE paid the ransom, but the kidnapper killed Sandra anyway :(

The overall chances of success are improved by imposing a deadline. That's why it's used.

*I've tried in every possible way to write and rewrite this, but each time I can see how it might be read in a rude tone. You're just going to have to trust me when I say this is absolutely not asked rudely - text can seem so volatile during discourse at times!* :)

Can I ask if you know of any other times a deadline has been used for a reward payment in such a situation and when it has been successful?

ETA: If we assume that it's fact that a deadline increases the chance of success, would you say that the hundreds of cases that have offered a reward without a deadline have been remiss in some way?

other missing never found - Kortne Stouffer and (Susan Jacobson/Roseville)

Question...What if?

So, CG reports in tomorrow that overnight he exchanged the $100k for Sherri and she is home, safe and sound.

States he has no idea who the individual was that he made the exchange with, and doesn't care because mission was accomplished. She's home, no interviews, no press conferences just radio silence.

What wins...Hoax or Abduction?

Police will still investigate if that happens.

They are not playing with her life.
They were actually drawing a line.
Here's you chance take it or leave it.

I don't believe there is a kidnapper anyway.
Someone harmed her and she needs to be found .

With all due respect we do not know that. If she was abducted and being kept alive we have no clue how rational or irrational said abductor may be, and what could/would make them/him/her tick.

Having said that, I agree with the latter. I've just never seen anything like this in all my time here at WS. I find it very strange. An anonymous donation to a reward I can understand. The ransom demand, unless there is true method to the madness, is just bizarre. MOO

I understand the sense of urgency and what a deadline is for. However, this isn't a sale... it's a situation that (if an abduction has taken place) great caution needs to be used.

IMO, as desperate as I would be to see my loved one returned, I would be very aware that she was in the hands of someone unknown, their danger also unknown. I would want to leave any negotiations up to seasoned professionals, not to risk their life further supporting an unknown contributor to a reward being offered outside of all lanes of expertise.

But each to their own. The fact that people aren't agreeing with me is a good sign to be honest. It means that some people take it as the urgency I'm sure was intended.

All this is just discussion over quibbles and niggles and, ultimately alongside everyone here, I only want to see Sherri home and/or safe. [emoji1374]

This should have never been done to begin with IMO.
Never!

Okay...I have a couple of opinions.

From all the things that have been found from SP, I just get a very sad and pressured vibe. She seems like she tries so hard to be/sound/look perfect. Reading through the wedding blog just totally confirmed all of those feelings for me. The most used word in there was "perfect". It reads like a book, not like a portrait of someone's life. Combine that with the alter ego Pinterest board, and the comments by the SIL of her being "annoyingly" perfect or good mom (can't remember the exact wording and am at work so I can't re-watch the video.) It just seems like this woman was under a lot of pressure to be picture perfect.

Also from the wedding blog, it is weird that it all sounds like a first time marriage. I also noticed how she said she would be "blushing" during the family planning talk. I remember someone had posted a link to a page that had SP's name listed down as a donor to a "women's clinic" type place. This might be a long shot but maybe SP got pregnant out of wedlock? Is that why she "moved away" for awhile? Maybe this clinic helped her out, maybe she was forced to marry the father because of the Catholic belief system. Maybe it was all a big secret and no one knew about it. Maybe the ex has some unresolved issues with her?

I am not saying any of this to make her sound at fault, I am just trying to get a feel for where she was and had been mentally. Maybe she just had to leave, so she set it up with the half wrapped gift left out, the phone on the side of the road etc. I don't honestly know but the more crumbs we get about her the more I see this picture of IMO, a very unhappy woman doing everything she can to seem happy, and perfect etc.

edit: In fact, to turn this around, why would you NOT impose a deadline, knowing that they improve the chances of a successful outcome? Do you really want to take that kind of chance when a person's life may be at stake?

But by CG's own account this isn't a ransom situation where someone was taken for the purposes of a sale. If someone took for other reasons besides money and she was still alive today, you'd want her to stay alive as long as possible instead of just arbitrarily foreclose on something that could get her freed at some future date. Now if that abductor is out there with her, they can keep doing what they intended to do all along with no incentive to do otherwise.

Sandra Harris was kidnapped for ransom on November 18th. LE paid the ransom, but the kidnapper killed Sandra anyway :(

I just checked, and this happened the day after the "ransom" for Sherri hit the MSM. Maybe this idiot saw it and thought, "Hmm, that's a good way to get a lot of money!"
So now Sandra is dead and this ridiculous "mysterious benefactor" and Gamble might have indirectly caused it.

1.___Murdered; the jog was a red herring all along.
2.___Left willingly; those close to her don't know.
3.___Committed suicide.

4.___Abducted; will not come home alive.
5.___Hoax involving SP, those close to her.
6.___Will be found to have had amnesia.
7.___Hit by car while jogging; driver disposed of body.
8.___Abducted; will come home alive.
9.___Kidnapped; ransom will be paid.

I don't have much to add with such little information but I figured I'd do the poll. I put hoax above amnesia because if she does turn up with "amnesia" I won't buy it. Murder and left willingly are pretty much tied in my eyes. The bottom three are all equally unlikely to me.

Can we just clear something up please. The Ransom that CG is offering does not disclose an amount. The 100k is separate and not considered a Ransom but a Reward. Am I totally off base here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, this case reminds me of Leanne Bearden.

1. -- Committed suicide.
2. -- Murdered; the jog was a red herring all along.
3. -- Abducted; will not come home alive.
4. -- Hit by car while jogging; driver disposed of body.
5. -- Left willingly; those close to her don't know.
6. -- Will be found to have had amnesia.
7. -- Hoax involving SP, those close to her.
8. -- Abducted; will come home alive.
9. -- Kidnapped; ransom will be paid.

Can we just clear something up please. The Ransom that CG is offering does not disclose an amount. The 100k is separate and not considered a Ransom but a Reward. Am I totally off base here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reward is up to $100K [url]http://www.redding.com/news/local/Papini-relative-to-abductor-Reject-ransom-well-use-the-money-to-get-you-402495816.html?d=mobile[/QUOTE]"]
[/URL]

I'm not sure the media even know. The $100k bit has now been removed from the article

I just checked, and this happened the day after the "ransom" for Sherri hit the MSM. Maybe this idiot saw it and thought, "Hmm, that's a good way to get a lot of money!"
So now Sandra is dead and this ridiculous "mysterious benefactor" and Gamble might have indirectly caused it.

Well, dumb criminal, he should not have killed her. You cannot blame this on SP family. It is their choice and probably last ditch effort to get their daughter back. Again, I would do this and everything I could think of to get my daughter back.

If I was anywhere local and CG got Sherri returned it would be bittersweet. Id be a bit peeved the "bad guys" have been invited to walk.away with out accountability.
Of course I would happy for Sherri's return.

I'm thinking this tactic will not work. I think the time line is building suspense. At five AM tomorrow will CG and Mister Money just walk away and shrug ? I don't think CG seems like he would be willing to accept defeat. Especially after putting himself and his credentials on the line internationally.

Yes, it definitely is! Whether designed that way or not. It would make for a Thanksgiving Day miracle and celebration if it did work, though.

Exactly! I hate to say this but it's a little bit like how everyone waits until the last minute to bid on an item on E-Bay. The mechanism is called "time pressure" and it's the oldest trick in every salesperson's book....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478