Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard even a peep from the family's PI? They claimed to have one.

Exactly! I hate to say this but it's a little bit like how everyone waits until the last minute to bid on an item on E-Bay. The mechanism is called "time pressure" and it's the oldest trick in every salesperson's book....

I edited my last post to add this but it's worth a question:

Would you say that the hundreds/thousands of missing persons cases that have offered a reward previously (without a deadline - I can't think of one where a deadline was imposed) have been remiss in not putting a deadline in place?

Sherri isn't up for sale, guys. Could we maybe avoid the sales analogy out of respect?

Okay...I have a couple of opinions.

From all the things that have been found from SP, I just get a very sad and pressured vibe. She seems like she tries so hard to be/sound/look perfect. Reading through the wedding blog just totally confirmed all of those feelings for me. The most used word in there was "perfect". It reads like a book, not like a portrait of someone's life. Combine that with the alter ego Pinterest board, and the comments by the SIL of her being "annoyingly" perfect or good mom (can't remember the exact wording and am at work so I can't re-watch the video.) It just seems like this woman was under a lot of pressure to be picture perfect.

Also from the wedding blog, it is weird that it all sounds like a first time marriage. I also noticed how she said she would be "blushing" during the family planning talk. I remember someone had posted a link to a page that had SP's name listed down as a donor to a "women's clinic" type place. This might be a long shot but maybe SP got pregnant out of wedlock? Is that why she "moved away" for awhile? Maybe this clinic helped her out, maybe she was forced to marry the father because of the Catholic belief system. Maybe it was all a big secret and no one knew about it. Maybe the ex has some unresolved issues with her?

I am not saying any of this to make her sound at fault, I am just trying to get a feel for where she was and had been mentally. Maybe she just had to leave, so she set it up with the half wrapped gift left out, the phone on the side of the road etc. I don't honestly know but the more crumbs we get about her the more I see this picture of IMO, a very unhappy woman doing everything she can to seem happy, and perfect etc.

I wouldn't expect a wedding blog to contain information about a previous marriage.

Since this wedding was her long-time wish, I can understand over-the-top in love, although it comes across as a very young person. But then, none of us knows Sherri's personality. I have a friend who is 48 and by her writing, she sounds like a teen-ager (hearts and other emojis and lots of exclamation points). In person, she is a straight-laced VP. Go figure.

*I've tried in every possible way to write and rewrite this, but each time I can see how it might be read in a rude tone. You're just going to have to trust me when I say this is absolutely not asked rudely - text can seem so volatile during discourse at times!* :)

Can I ask if you know of any other times a deadline has been used for a reward payment in such a situation and when it has been successful?

I don't. I also don't know offhand of any other times a deadline was NOT used and it was successful. So my prior knowledge of such cases provides no guidance here.

On the other hand, I do know that setting a deadline is commonly taught as a method for closing a deal. I could probably dig up studies to support that if I had to.

And just to be clear: the deadline is not for the reward. It's for the ransom offer.

Random - but does anyone else get Whataburger advertisements (with sound) every time they come to WS?

If my child were kidnapped, I assume I would pay or accepted the assistance from someone else willing to pay, but, from a societal point of view, it is something to be discouraged.

In the US, kidnapping for ransom is extremely rare; practically non-existent. The reason is that after the Lindberg kidnapping, law were passed requiring harsh prison sentences and FBI involvement. This caused most subsequent kidnappers to kill the victim even when the ransom was paid because the victim would present a risk. Once this pattern became evident, the families would go to LE rather than pay. Kidnapping was no longer a viable crime.

I really doubt there is going to be any offers to accept the ransom but you never know. How it might play out is anybody's guess. I would expect fraudsters, rather than someone who has really taken her, to be the most likely responders to the offer.

In the case, the expectation of ransom by either a real kidnapped or some kind of attempt to extort from her family is very unlikely because the family does not appear to have much.

The reality is that abductions by strangers usually result in murder within hours and a body disposed of without any particular effort to conceal. In Shasta county however, there is plenty of rough country with heavy vegetation. It very possible for a body to be taken by a car to somewhere where it will never be found. This pretty much accounts for the high rate of missing persons.

I am not speculating on what might have happened because there is insufficient evidence. The phone would seem to establish that she was either abducted or an attempt was made for it to look like an abduction.

Something LE knows that we do not is whether or not the mid-morning text inquiry if KP was coming for lunch was routine. (And how often he came home for lunch).

For those interested in deadlines and hostage negotiations:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...grovert_may2007.doc+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

The last step in the negotiation process is to secure a commitment regarding a future course of action.[28] During the closing, the negotiator can utilize the psychological dimension of scarcity, for example, to trigger the “Act Now” mentality.[29] Moreover, if the negotiation is not naturally reaching a conclusion, the negotiator needs to make the other party aware of looming deadlines.[30] A deadline creates a sense of urgency and establishes boundaries in which the opposition must act.

I wouldn't expect a wedding blog to contain information about a previous marriage.

Since this wedding was her long-time wish, I can understand over-the-top in love, although it comes across as a very young person. But then, none of us knows Sherri's personality. I have a friend who is 48 and by her writing, she sounds like a teen-ager (hearts and other emojis and lots of exclamation points). In person, she is a straight-laced VP. Go figure.

I completely agree. I would not expect her to have written about her previous wedding. It was the fact that she referenced not having lived with a guy before, the date that she moved in with KP was before her divorce (which of course can happen), she made a comment about how she would be "blushing" during family planning talk - which to me doesn't sound like a woman who has been married or lived with a partner before. Also there is the fact that it appears (no proof yet) that she did not ever take her previous husbands name (which of course some women do not change their names, but since she did with KP....)

Also if it was her that donated to the Women's Clinic I would think there would need to be a reason for it. I say that because we now know that she was Catholic, and from her Pinterest page it seems that she may have leaned towards the Conservative side. That being said, this clinic it seems - is pro-choice and does perform abortions.

PLEASE do not turn this into a debate about politics or abortion. I am not giving an opinion on that one way or another. I am simply saying that based on the very limited amount of online content we have on her, it would seem that there would need to be a reason for her to donate to such a clinic. Of course they do also offer other services, and I could be way off base. I am just trying to fill in the plethora of blanks we have in this case.

Also not passing any judgment/blame/guilt AT ALL on ANYONE. I know its a sensitive topic to discuss.

"The anonymous donor behind the ransom warned any pranksters that Gamble's experience in hostage negotiation means he'll be able to tell whether they're lying."

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Papini-relative-to-abductor-Reject-ransom-well-use-the-money-to-get-you-402495816.html?d=mobile

"The anonymous donor behind the ransom warned any pranksters that Gamble's experience in hostage negotiation means he'll be able to tell whether they're lying."

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Papini-relative-to-abductor-Reject-ransom-well-use-the-money-to-get-you-402495816.html?d=mobile

The aggressive language and stance is so much like the dad's approach in the movie Ransom. I mean, it worked out for the "good guy" in the movie, but it seems exceptionally risky (to say the least, IMO) in real life.

Question...What if?

So, CG reports in tomorrow that overnight he exchanged the $100k for Sherri and she is home, safe and sound.

States he has no idea who the individual was that he made the exchange with, and doesn't care because mission was accomplished. She's home, no interviews, no press conferences just radio silence.

What wins...Hoax or Abduction?
Wow, great question. I think I would have to say hoax.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How could the anonymous donor be invested enough to offer up 50k for her return but walk away if she isn't handed in by a certain time? He'll just shrug and walk away? And doesn't having a deadline potentially put Sherri's life at risk? Pardon the pun - but say for whatever reason her abductor is unable to make the deadline there's no more financial incentive to keep Sherri alive.

This situation is so bizarre.

i was thinking about this earlier as well. I seriously wonder if the account will have a huge increase tomorrow if the deadline passes with no Sherri.

This is a great thread btw. Want bright people? Ecce Websleuths. Good job all.

I don't think it would matter if they upped the reward to a million dollars.

The guy that grabbed her isn't going to come forward, and the guy that grabbed her isn't talking about it.

The ransom reward that has been bantered around the last week is completely bogus, because if this was about ransom, the family would have been contacted by the abductor way back in the beginning, not the other way around.

This is all going to boil down to someone stumbling over a body ...............and that's the only way this case will ever be solved.

If they aren't obtaining search warrants to search properties up and down the two roads she was last seen near, then this case will likely remain unsolved. I haven't heard of them serving a single search warrant for a single home in that area.

No probable cause-----> no search warrant-------> no evidence or proof of a crime obtained--------->case eventually goes cold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoever grabbed her knew her routine, knew her schedule, and knew the precise place she could be grabbed with the least amount of exposure to eye-witnesses.

He's local......and he lives right there. Just think about the guy in South Carolina that had the girl chained up in the cargo container. This happened right after that. Now, imagine a regular home with a basement or possibly just a couple of spare bedrooms.

The guy that grabbed her isn't going to come forward, and the guy that grabbed her isn't talking about it.

The ransom reward that has been bantered around the last week is completely bogus, because if this was about ransom, the family would have been contacted by the abductor way back in the beginning, not the other way around.

This is all going to boil down to someone stumbling over a body ...............that's the only way this case will ever be solved.

If they aren't obtaining search warrants to search properties up and down the two roads she was last seen near, then this case will likely remain unsolved. I haven't heard of them serving a single search warrant for a single home in that area.

No probable cause-----> no search warrant-------> no evidence or proof of a crime obtained--------->case eventually goes cold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoever grabbed her knew her routine, knew her schedule, and knew the precise place she could be grabbed with the least amount of exposure to eye-witnesses.

He's local......and he lives right there. Just think about the guy in South Carolina that had the girl chained up in the cargo container. This happened right after that. Now, imagine a regular home with a basement or possibly just a couple of spare bedrooms.
Agree totally! Going back to lurking again.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This is all going to boil down to someone stumbling over a body ...............that's the only way this case will ever be solved.

Well, if she was abducted and the perp was inspired by the cargo-container situation, perhaps the ransom would tempt him to give her up for the money and then go grab someone else.

I don't think that happened, but maybe someone thinks it's worth the shot.

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member