Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. I would not expect her to have written about her previous wedding. It was the fact that she referenced not having lived with a guy before, the date that she moved in with KP was before her divorce (which of course can happen), she made a comment about how she would be "blushing" during family planning talk - which to me doesn't sound like a woman who has been married or lived with a partner before. Also there is the fact that it appears (no proof yet) that she did not ever take her previous husbands name (which of course some women do not change their names, but since she did with KP....)

Also if it was her that donated to the Women's Clinic I would think there would need to be a reason for it. I say that because we now know that she was Catholic, and from her Pinterest page it seems that she may have leaned towards the Conservative side. That being said, this clinic it seems - is pro-choice and does perform abortions.

PLEASE do not turn this into a debate about politics or abortion. I am not giving an opinion on that one way or another. I am simply saying that based on the very limited amount of online content we have on her, it would seem that there would need to be a reason for her to donate to such a clinic. Of course they do also offer other services, and I could be way off base. I am just trying to fill in the plethora of blanks we have in this case.

Also not passing any judgment/blame/guilt AT ALL on ANYONE. I know its a sensitive topic to discuss.
The clinic donation could very likely not have been her I'm thinking.

Disclaimer - This idea is a bit out in left field:
Does anyone out there think that there may have been a ransom-type letter sent to the family and that's why they are convinced she was abducted? Perhaps it included something (ie: her wedding ring) as proof that they have her. LE could be withholding this info from the general public.

There is just something nagging at me about this reward that is being offered up - people just don't offer up that type of $$ without some sort of reassurance that she could be alive.
JMO
if she isn't alive you could offer a trillion dollars and it wouldn't matter

I don't think it would matter if they upped the reward to a million dollars.

The guy that grabbed her isn't going to come forward, and the guy that grabbed her isn't talking about it.

The ransom reward that has been bantered around the last week is completely bogus, because if this was about ransom, the family would have been contacted by the abductor way back in the beginning, not the other way around.

This is all going to boil down to someone stumbling over a body ...............and that's the only way this case will ever be solved.

If they aren't obtaining search warrants to search properties up and down the two roads she was last seen near, then this case will likely remain unsolved. I haven't heard of them serving a single search warrant for a single home in that area.

No probable cause-----> no search warrant-------> no evidence or proof of a crime obtained--------->case eventually goes cold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoever grabbed her knew her routine, knew her schedule, and knew the precise place she could be grabbed with the least amount of exposure to eye-witnesses.

He's local......and he lives right there. Just think about the guy in South Carolina that had the girl chained up in the cargo container. This happened right after that. Now, imagine a regular home with a basement or possibly just a couple of spare bedrooms.

Agreed! Cheers!

Anyone that abducted her (if she was abducted) would do so knowing there was no turning back.

Why would any abductor assume the money (at any amount) be unmarked or untraced? Or followed up by LE/FBI? The guy would just have to take Gamble's word for it? I don't think this will happen.

If the motive was $$, he would have driven her at gunpoint to an atm.

IMO, if she was taken, the a-hole doesn't care about money, or would be way too cunning to even consider the trade.

IF she was taken, they will need to look back through that little black of theirs, because I suspect it's someone they've already suspected.

KP was convinced almost from the beginning that she was abducted, but there could have been a ransom letter or call received very early on. IMO, the 2:00 sighting was either someone else (looking like SP) or made by someone who was trying to establish a timeline that would give them an alibi. Based on her likely going for a run shortly after the morning text (10:30-11:00) and her last phone connections at noon, IMO, the abduction would've occurred between 10:30 and 12:00. Yes, I'm still believing it was an abduction by someone who knew her or knew of her (but not necessarily known by SP). I also think the attack was premeditated and she was taken to get back at someone else. We do know that tree trimmers were in the area and possibly other motorists that may have seen the suspect's vehicle and/or the abduction. This would explain why the family and LE feared she was no longer in the area. I pray she is still with us, but I think the family may have reason to believe she is not. The deadline for the ransom could be a last ditch effort to gain some confirmation of whether she will be coming home. MOO

Disclaimer - This idea is a bit out in left field:
Does anyone out there think that there may have been a ransom-type letter sent to the family and that's why they are convinced she was abducted? Perhaps it included something (ie: her wedding ring) as proof that they have her. LE could be withholding this info from the general public.

There is just something nagging at me about this reward that is being offered up - people just don't offer up that type of $$ without some sort of reassurance that she could be alive.
JMO

I get the same vibe....High, unrealistic expectations from herself......frightened of failure.... She just seems sad....

Me too. Sherri is just lovely "as is" but her rather dramatic blog made me feel sad for her. I wanted to say "Honey, just relax. It's going to be imperfectly wonderful." The same was true of Leanne Bearden. Tiny, adorable, talented, dressed perfectly while backpacking around the world, a husband who adored her...but underlying depression finally took her life. I hope that isn't the case with Sherri, with all my heart.

I hold onto hope that she left due to the pressure she seemed to put on herself. To me, that's the only way this reverse ransom makes sense...as a way for her to "be released" and save face when she returns. But I think that's not likely to happen.

I do wonder why CG is sure that the supposed abductor is following online and even knows about the money and deadline. But Sherri might if she did run away.

All JMO

I'm also thinking that the divorce record was this same other Sherri Graeff and not our SP.
The other Sherri Graeff has a different middle name, as mentioned previously.
[

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

My guess is:
A. she has done this before. She was married before.
I think talking to the ex would be enlightening. To bad he doesn't do a t.v. interview.
The large amount of money is to convince her to come home.
or:
B. she was murdered by someone who knows her and her body has not been found yet.
It is a huge soap opera... stay tuned...

Hello mind-boggled sleuths...a thread or so back, I had brought up, to some sleuths' consternation, her Pinterest. I, unfortunately, forewent work one day and instead spent a a few hours reading her comments. As I had noted, I have belonged to the site for a long time and understand the way comments work (whose it is) beneath pins. I noted in my post that IMO a particular pattern appeared in the comments, and in some cases, chosen pins, but was met here with some disapproval and lots of doubt . So, I tucked my tail and went back to work, though I was resolute in my findings.

As I caught up on this thread today, I noticed that a mention of"embellishment" had broken the surface, so here I am adding my voice.

I am reluctant because i dont want to once again appear that I'm casting mud or bringing up nonsense, but I still feel that this idea is worth mention. IMO, winding through the years of commentary is a degree of embellishment, discontent, a shaky sense of self and feelings of emptiness. I also stated in my original post that all of the comments about her being a kick-as* mom are on point, which is sort of a snag for me. It is pretty hard to digest that she willfully disappeared or hurt herself because she loves the heck out of her children. Being a mom appears to mean the world to her. But, as I know all too well, tenuous or poor mental health can, and does, shake a person's foundation. For most of my life, I fought hard to maintain an image ...the one expected of me, the one I wanted to see reflected in the mirror...while suffering immensely inside. It's exhausting to keep a mask on, and can only be done for so long. At the end of the day, I used to hang my mask on the same hook where I hanged my keys, and then grabbed it each time I headed back out the door. Whether a mental health angle has anything to do with her disappearance, I have no idea, but it is the one reason I have kept open the possibility that she left or hurt herself. Even then, it doesn't mean, if one of the two, that she made a conscious choice or "willfully" left. There is always the possibility of some kind of break, confusion or tired surrender.

I dont know what to believe, but for whatever reason I've never felt comfortable with the idea that she was dragged into a random car. I am willing to be wrong, but will always believe that at some level she was/is personally struggling, despite ongoing statements that there were no physical or mental health problems. That's a wide net to cast when talking about an individual. We are all complex creatures who hide from others and ourselves. Dangerous, too, as it rules out some possibilities. In our forums, I have also seen it mentioned that she obviously had/has no mental health problems because she seems so functional, in love and happy. Believe me, not everyone who struggles with his or her mental health gives off that image . Also, sometimes people "give up" or leave because they don't feel they are good enough. They believe that people will be better off without them. I know someone who did that, and what a shock that was to everyone.

Finally, and this has been mentioned on WS, some families don't want to see or admit that anything could have been wrong. Depression can be dismissed with a "Put a smile on." Perhaps this has something to do with some of the sorries.

Please, this is just a collection of my thoughts. Nothing here is an accusation or a suggestion that I know what happened to Sherri. I know nothing specific. Nada. Zilch. Just curious and concerned like everyone.

Oh my goodness that is long. So very sorry!!! Am I able to delete it?

Hello mind-boggled sleuths...a thread or so back, I had brought up, to some sleuths' consternation, her Pinterest. I, unfortunately, forewent work one day and instead spent a a few hours reading her comments. As I had noted, I have belonged to the site for a long time and understand the way comments work (whose it is) beneath pins. I noted in my post that IMO a particular pattern appeared in the comments, and in some cases, chosen pins, but was met here with some disapproval and lots of doubt . So, I tucked my tail and went back to work, though I was resolute in my findings.

As I caught up on this thread today, I noticed that a mention of"embellishment" had broken the surface, so here I am adding my voice.

I am reluctant because i dont want to once again appear that I'm casting mud or bringing up nonsense, but I still feel that this idea is worth mention. IMO, winding through the years of commentary is a degree of embellishment, discontent, a shaky sense of self and feelings of emptiness. I also stated in my original post that all of the comments about her being a kick-as* mom are on point, which is sort of a snag for me. It is pretty hard to digest that she willfully disappeared or hurt herself because she loves the heck out of her children. Being a mom appears to mean the world to her. But, as I know all too well, tenuous or poor mental health can, and does, shake a person's foundation. For most of my life, I fought hard to maintain an image ...the one expected of me, the one I wanted to see reflected in the mirror...while suffering immensely inside. It's exhausting to keep a mask on, and can only be done for so long. At the end of the day, I used to hang my mask on the same hook where I hanged my keys, and then grabbed it each time I headed back out the door. Whether a mental health angle has anything to do with her disappearance, I have no idea, but it is the one reason I have kept open the possibility that she left or hurt herself. Even then, it doesn't mean, if one of the two, that she made a conscious choice or "willfully" left. There is always the possibility of some kind of break, confusion or tired surrender.

I dont know what to believe, but for whatever reason I've never felt comfortable with the idea that she was dragged into a random car. I am willing to be wrong, but will always believe that at some level she was/is personally struggling, despite ongoing statements that there were no physical or mental health problems. That's a wide net to cast when talking about an individual. We are all complex creatures who hide from others and ourselves. Dangerous, too, as it rules out some possibilities. In our forums, I have also seen it mentioned that she obviously had/has no mental health problems because she seems so functional, in love and happy. Believe me, not everyone who struggles with his or her mental health gives off that image . Also, sometimes people "give up" or leave because they don't feel they are good enough. They believe that people will be better off without them. I know someone who did that, and what a shock that was to everyone.

Finally, and this has been mentioned on WS, some families don't want to see or admit that anything could have been wrong. Depression can be dismissed with a "Put a smile on." Perhaps this has something to do with some of the sorries.

Please, this is just a collection of my thoughts. Nothing here is an accusation or a suggestion that I know what happened to Sherri. I know nothing specific. Nada. Zilch. Just curious and concerned like everyone.

Very thoughtful analysis. I will definitely consider your words and I know they do come from a place of wanting to solve this case.

Please don't. It was a very thought out post!

Yes please don't!

Very well written, and whether it applies to this case or not, thoughtful and accurate.

I also have a mask I hang up when I get home, and often even wear virtually online too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member