Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Pinterest both her and husband were into guns. WHY OH WHY WASN'T SHE PACKING THAT DAY?

Doubtful that would have made a difference. The person probably grabbed her from behind and had her in a vehicle before she even knew what was happening. She could have had a gun on each hip and a knife strapped to her leg and unless she had awesome ninja reflexes/skills she would have still been abducted. Then the perpetrator would not only have Sherri, he would have a handy gun to use in his future crimes.
I sadly agree with others that this crime is not going to be "solved" and her body will found by accident at some point in the future.

Am new here and have been following this story since day 1 (I live in Florida)

I read through most of the 7 (!) threads and while I am torn between the two items on the poll of: abducted and killed, and hoax, is it at all possible she is in hiding?

Is there any knowledge the general public is not aware of SP (such as her owing a great deal of money to someone?).

I know this sounds absurd but I regret to say I find many absurd, or bizarre, if you will, aspects of this missing persons case.

I agree about the stalker thing. I was just a cute highschooler when I got mine. Not a bombshell, just average. He told me all the violent things he planned to do to me and how I'd enjoy them. He stalked me in the halls, at my house etc... 25 yrs later I got an email from him. A little vague, and not as disgusting, but he was still thinking of me the same way. Ugh.

What if Sherri had someone (she'd unknowingly or knowingly rebuffed) that searched her out? I was paranoid for months after that "years later" email...:dunno:

Please forgive if this has already been tossed about, but I've been doing my best to get through all these threads. :lookingitup:

CG admits in the video that he met with hubby and has his blessing. So family IS involved in this cockamamie ransom thing.

Well allowing it to happen and coming up with the plan are two different things, IMO. If it was my loved one missing and some rich anonymous benefactor wanted to try this I would say ok as well--ANYTHING to get her back. It would look more suspicious, IMO, if family thought Sherri had been abducted but they refused to try a plan to get her back. I'm not saying I agree with the strange reverse ransom thing--it's the strangest plan I've ever seen-- but I can't imagine I would stop it if I were in her family's place. They believe her to have been taken and they hope she is alive. Most family of missing persons want to believe their loved one is alive, so I see nothing wrong with that thinking. HOW could they have suddenly turned it down once the website was up and everyone knew about it? JMO.

Me too. My first thought about the Mark Seivers alibi (out of town), was "How convenient." I'm such a cynic. Then I felt awful for thinking that about the poor grieving husband. Gut feelings are often wrong, but often right too, even when you try to talk yourself out of it! I hate being cynical!!

My gut / initial feelings on cases are almost always right, I don't even consider it cynical, just uncanny and scary sometimes. I've been wrong on 2 cases since joining WS: Jenise Wright and Amanda Blackburn. I was stumped on the McStay family, only because the abduction of an entire family was unheard of, and it looked like a family escaped in panic or a murder/suicide to me.

Please take special note of the following.

discussion of an purportedly authored by SG 13 years ago.

Please continue discussion here and post respectfully and responsibly and in accordance with The Rules.

:tyou:

What does this mean--- "an purportedly authored"? Is there a word/words missing?

Hello mind-boggled sleuths...a thread or so back, I had brought up, to some sleuths' consternation, her Pinterest. I, unfortunately, forewent work one day and instead spent a a few hours reading her comments. As I had noted, I have belonged to the site for a long time and understand the way comments work (whose it is) beneath pins. I noted in my post that IMO a particular pattern appeared in the comments, and in some cases, chosen pins, but was met here with some disapproval and lots of doubt . So, I tucked my tail and went back to work, though I was resolute in my findings.

As I caught up on this thread today, I noticed that a mention of"embellishment" had broken the surface, so here I am adding my voice.

I am reluctant because i dont want to once again appear that I'm casting mud or bringing up nonsense, but I still feel that this idea is worth mention. IMO, winding through the years of commentary is a degree of embellishment, discontent, a shaky sense of self and feelings of emptiness. I also stated in my original post that all of the comments about her being a kick-as* mom are on point, which is sort of a snag for me. It is pretty hard to digest that she willfully disappeared or hurt herself because she loves the heck out of her children. Being a mom appears to mean the world to her. But, as I know all too well, tenuous or poor mental health can, and does, shake a person's foundation. For most of my life, I fought hard to maintain an image ...the one expected of me, the one I wanted to see reflected in the mirror...while suffering immensely inside. It's exhausting to keep a mask on, and can only be done for so long. At the end of the day, I used to hang my mask on the same hook where I hanged my keys, and then grabbed it each time I headed back out the door. Whether a mental health angle has anything to do with her disappearance, I have no idea, but it is the one reason I have kept open the possibility that she left or hurt herself. Even then, it doesn't mean, if one of the two, that she made a conscious choice or "willfully" left. There is always the possibility of some kind of break, confusion or tired surrender.

I dont know what to believe, but for whatever reason I've never felt comfortable with the idea that she was dragged into a random car. I am willing to be wrong, but will always believe that at some level she was/is personally struggling, despite ongoing statements that there were no physical or mental health problems. That's a wide net to cast when talking about an individual. We are all complex creatures who hide from others and ourselves. Dangerous, too, as it rules out some possibilities. In our forums, I have also seen it mentioned that she obviously had/has no mental health problems because she seems so functional, in love and happy. Believe me, not everyone who struggles with his or her mental health gives off that image . Also, sometimes people "give up" or leave because they don't feel they are good enough. They believe that people will be better off without them. I know someone who did that, and what a shock that was to everyone.

Finally, and this has been mentioned on WS, some families don't want to see or admit that anything could have been wrong. Depression can be dismissed with a "Put a smile on." Perhaps this has something to do with some of the sorries.

Please, this is just a collection of my thoughts. Nothing here is an accusation or a suggestion that I know what happened to Sherri. I know nothing specific. Nada. Zilch. Just curious and concerned like everyone.

Thank you for this. She may have been suffering, it's as good a guess as any at this point.

My daughter's college has seen 10 suicides in the 3 years she's attended. She attends a small college. She says people put the "__ face on", because if you admit a struggle, you're weak. That eats away at you.

I would hope that Sherri had someone close she could be real with, IF she was struggling with coping.

Now this looks like it isn't a hoax but instead some lightweight outside of his element as he's now folding on the threat before the deadline was even reached:
Gamble, who's representing the anonymous source who put up the undisclosed amount of money reward, said there has been a twist. If you can reunite Sherri with her family, you can claim the cash.

"Effective immediately, for anybody who can lead us to Sherri, that cash for the ransom is now yours" said Gamble. "We don't care about your background, we don't care about your criminal background, who you are, where you're from, where you're going, it doesn't matter. You can receive a large amount of cash, remain anonymous, and lead us to Sherri" Gamble added.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...g-offered-for-missing-womans-return/180026462

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore! I want to give them the benefit of doubt, but that whole interview seemed strange to me.

I know someone said there were articles with her friends mentioned but I can't seem to find them, can someone post them for me? TIA

I wouldn't expect a wedding blog to contain information about a previous marriage.

Since this wedding was her long-time wish, I can understand over-the-top in love, although it comes across as a very young person. But then, none of us knows Sherri's personality. I have a friend who is 48 and by her writing, she sounds like a teen-ager (hearts and other emojis and lots of exclamation points). In person, she is a straight-laced VP. Go figure.

Since reading a few posts about the wedding blog, I was curious if anyone has a link... would like to check it out. Thank you in advance!

Deep breath . . . Okay, here's my list of things I just can't get past and feelings that I just can't shake. I have provided links to some, and others are just my musings.

1. Calling off the search so seemingly early. Why?

2. Who is she, really? Does she sing in the church choir, does she go to "mommy and me" classes, does she collect bottle rockets? What do we know? Nothing. She was a "super mom" and that's it.

3. The interview with her sister, who speaks of Sherri in the past-tense. No tears. Unsettling to me.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114321068.html

4. The only interview with her parents. Mom's done crying. Really? Dad has nothing to say, no tears, no pleading? Don't bash me, everyone grieves differently. It just seemed unsettling to me to watch for a family that was supposedly so close.
http://abc13.com/news/family-of-missing-mother-holds-out-hope-and-responds/1609589/

5. And seriously, a Mom with two beautiful children, who is a self-described "crafter and dog lover" and has absolutely no online social presence?! There are no pictures of her babies first food, words, crawling, kisses, songs, steps, or birthdays, etc. No pics of dogs on the couch, licking babies face, getting into garbage,etc. None. Anywhere. Not for family or friends (how bout all those wedding guests). Nevermind the computer savvy daddy who never posted a picture of his beautiful wife or children for his friends or coworkers. Nothing. Only the few staged pictures that seem to cry "look at us, we're so happy". Shaking head . . . no, something's not right.

6. I can't help but feel that LE and family know that either she left on her own, or there is evidence that in fact she is no longer alive. If not, then why aren't they, KP and family, on every news show begging for her return? I just can't wrap my head around any of this.

7. And now the pay-for-release money!?! Just when you think it couldn't get any weirder. But then, if you knew she wasn't going to be "released", you could offer any amount of money.

My brain just hurts trying make any sense of any of this. ��
I'll just continue to pray for a safe resolve for all involved.

��������������������������������������������������������

*Way OT,, but your doggie quote is attributed to Will Rogers. xoxo

Ok, here goes... I hope I don't offend anyone...

If I were an abductor and I saw the date restriction on the reward, I'd get really ticked off. Because, I'm in charge here, not them. I hold the key to everything, and just to prove a point, if I hadn't already, she'd cease to be with us. Just because.

People will screw themselves just to prove a point. Harsh, but most people arent thinking rationally when they abduct someone. There are so many emotions that could be in play that even the perp isn't aware of. jMHOO
:cow:
Eta, glad restriction is gone, but not sure that'll make a lot of difference, :notgood:

Now this looks like it isn't a hoax but instead some lightweight outside of his element as he's now folding on the threat before the deadline was even reached:
Gamble, who's representing the anonymous source who put up the undisclosed amount of money reward, said there has been a twist. If you can reunite Sherri with her family, you can claim the cash.

"Effective immediately, for anybody who can lead us to Sherri, that cash for the ransom is now yours" said Gamble. "We don't care about your background, we don't care about your criminal background, who you are, where you're from, where you're going, it doesn't matter. You can receive a large amount of cash, remain anonymous, and lead us to Sherri" Gamble added.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...g-offered-for-missing-womans-return/180026462

So they are changing it to a reward anyone can claim? Why not just offer it as an additional reward from the beginning? This is crazy! :gaah:

Regarding the mother and father interview, do ya think they just decided to wear those T shirts for advertisement purposes?, or were they actually at work?

I'm pretty sure they're at work. The setting seems in keeping with their business. They have a storage facility that has something to do with RVs (not sleuthing--this is on their shirts.) From their own description of the business, they have a secure facility and they apparently used to do (or still do) some sort of web page building, although (I mentioned before) all the pages look like 1998-2000 geocities-type layouts, very simple.

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore! I want to give them the benefit of doubt, but that whole interview seemed strange to me.

This case definitely has a different sense about it to me than a 'normal' (if there is such a thing) abduction case. If abduction there is very little to go on. There's usually something that points towards that way, but here it's really only the fact that she's unaccounted for and the dropped(?) iPhone that gives any indication it's possible.

Or even a 'normal' suicide. FWIW I don't think happy or unhappy social media posts mean much. The people I personally know who suicided left zero hints whatsoever they were going to do it. However they also didn't hide their bodies, there was no ongoing mystery. I don't know where she could be if this is suicide?

Regarding the mother and father interview, do ya think they just decided to wear those T shirts for advertisement purposes?, or were they actually at work?

IMO someone needs to check those RVs in storage....ya know, just to be thorough

138 users talking about nothing, essentially, conversing in circles, speculating and alternately offending each other's sensibilities. We are drawn to this case. A case without info. We have little to sleuth except to read between crooked lines.

What has happened to Sherri? Her family and friends continue to address an "abductor" as if they know something or, perhaps, hoping against hope that there is a someone whom they can plead to return an unharmed Sherri.

The "ransom reward" marks time, as if, Wednesday, tomorrow, will resolve something What is the likelihood of that? We wait it seems for either "The Great Pumpkin" or for that "Godot". I think I am ready to move on. I think after Wednesday I will let go of this case.

I will ask one question of the experienced sleuths reading this. Do you remember any instances when a missing person was released by an abductor/kidnapper die to the mass appeal of the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#