Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'It was a box filled with the notes I had written to him in the eighth grade! I couldn't believe he kept them!'

i have no comment.

This may be true but she may also be leaving out a whole lot between 8th grade and 2009.

If the Shasta Co divorce case is the same Sherri Louise Graeff.... she filed August 2007. There appear to have been some service of process problems on the husband that stalled the case out into 2008. It then ended up a default/non contested divorce declared September 17, 2008.

If she wanted to get married in the church there would likely have to be some conditions to her divorce and remarriage. Maybe it really was nothing, a quick mistake, a marriage of convenience that went nowhere.

The second meeting for St. Josephs
Sherri Graeff on Jul 26, 2008 11:33 AM

Kathleen, Lauren and I met with the coordinator for St. Joseph's church to talk about all the particulars regarding our wedding ceremony. Having the church wedding of my dreams has proven to be more difficult then I thought it was going to be. It turns out there will be a 5:30 vigil (confession) on Saturday and it is the same schedule in EVERY CHURCH IN REDDING. It's right smack dab in the middle of the time that I wanted to have our ceremony. It lasts for an hour which means we will either have to have our ceremony at 1:30 (AHHHH) or 7pm! I'm still trying to figure out the magic number to get everything to work but MY GOODNESS it's stressful. It was so nice to have my mother in law at my side. She was very helpful and is much stronger with tact and persuation when dealing with these types of situations. AUGH! I just need to sit down and figure something out.
After our church meeting Kathleen took us out to a very nice lunch at Rivers.
The engagement party is next week say a prayer for my nerves. :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20090211131105/http://www.mywedding.com/papini/blog_post_5770.html

From her blog/guestbook comments it appears she has familial ties to Vegas. FWIW

Remember in the beginning it was reported they had recently moved back to Redding? Where did that info come from - does anyone recall? It never made sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if she really did get married under some kind of Vegas type scenario and didn't keep in touch with the guy which made it tough to serve him? Wouldn't you try to go for an annulment in a case like that?

She'd still have to serve notice though if it was annulled... I agree though with your thought that they were out of touch. I wonder what year the marriage occurred

I have to admit: I'm speechless...

[h=3]CHANGED OUR DATE!!!!!!![/h]Sherri Graeff on Sep 28, 2008 08:31 AM
After the fiasco with our reception site, Keith and I decided that there were a few possibilities.. Run away and have a desination wedding in Half Moon Bay, change our date, or find a reception hall that we didn't really care for...

After a looooong talk and carful consideration Keith and I both decided on changing our date to 10-10-09.
Here is what we came up with for objectives;

• It's an easy anniversary to remember
  • October matches our wedding color scheme WAY better
  • The sun sets hours earlier then in August and an earlier ceremony at the church will work!
  • It will be cheaper because it's right outside the 'wedding season' and prices won't be as marked up.

So... Now I have more time to find the perfect reception hall because so far everywhere I've called is open on that day.
I thought I read they got married 11/17...

Not sure about CA, but around here all divorces take at least a year from the time of filing until they are complete. It's required. They don't want you changing your mind.

My divorce, not in CA, took all of six weeks...

One might say that it appears SP has an altar-ego. (Sorry.)

It amazes me that more bridegrooms don't do a runner before they get to the church. They must find so much about their weddings over the top, but most meekly go along with the plans.

I am so sad reading what she wrote on the blog. I hope she's ok :(

Hmmm. She says living with boys is foreign to her...does this mean there is no ex husband? Was that a different Sherri?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

At this point aliens wouldn't surprise me but I refuse to believe their are 2 Sherri Graeffs in Shasta County, CA.

I think we can gather that it was very short lived. Someone claiming to know Sherri said on here that Keith was her first marriage, so they didn't even hear about it. Also, there's absolutely nothing out there with what would have been her married name.

It's interesting they moved in together some 9 months before she filed for divorce.

Ace Detective indeed. I didn't catch that.

At this point aliens wouldn't surprise me but I refuse to believe their are 2 Sherri Graeffs in Shasta County, CA.

FWIW I searched SP on one of those "people search" websites (truthfinder). Her exHB does come up as a "possible relative", so I do think she was married before.

I wonder if she really did get married under some kind of Vegas type scenario and didn't keep in touch with the guy which made it tough to serve him? Wouldn't you try to go for an annulment in a case like that?

Idk, it's strange. She doesn't exactly appear to be the Vegas quickie wedding type. She clearly loved the idea of getting married. She obviously loved the whole process of planning her fairytale and sharing even the smallest details.

It's interesting that her bridal party consisted of new friends, her sister and future sister-in-law. It's possible that she lost some friends in the divorce for whatever reason. Or that her friends are dependent upon the guy she's with...

FWIW I searched SP on one of those "people search" websites (truthfinder). Her exHB does come up as a "possible relative", so I do think she was married before.

I agree; he's her possible relative and vice versa on at least 2 sites

What I was trying to say earlier, and failed, was, what if her life is the complete opposite of what she is imagining or wanting it to be?

Interesting you watched the video without sound. Never thought to do that, but it would make one focus differently.

I do that all the time with spouse videos it's extremely telling without sound.

In her talk of the wedding, she also says she and Keith first kissed in eighth grade, and have been together every day since. How could that happen if there were another marriage in there? For sure, there are some things that don't add up. I wonder if they just tell stories as what they wished had happened, rather than the actual reality. I am equally split on left on her own, or was abducted, but definitely agree that it must be either left on her own, or some kind of hoax. Thanks everyone, for all the great info that you find. Katt
She said they fell out of touch and reconnected years later.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

From her blog/guestbook comments it appears she has familial ties to Vegas. FWIW

Remember in the beginning it was reported they had recently moved back to Redding? Where did that info come from - does anyone recall? It never made sense to me

I'm not sure how to clip something from another thread but if you look at thread 1, comment #7 by CValdez1975 she states she's a friend and Sherri had recently moved back to Redding. I looked at the poster's profile and it says she lives in San Jose. So I take it as Sherri (and Keith) moved from San Jose to Redding recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member