Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is so bizarre. Sherri fits the physical description of a missing person who would have a massive amount of coverage in the media. Yet it's been crickets for a long time now. No public pleading from LE or the family, no searches. Just weird.

I can't decide on what I believe happened but I definitely believe LE and Sherri's family know waaaaaay more than we do.

I have a question for all the experienced sleuthers. Is it normal for the police to not give the public much info. For instance, daycare pick up routine and such? I can fully understand why they wouldn't say much but I wonder if law enforcement seems unusually tight lipped about this particular case?

I would say it's fairly typical for the police to play their cards close to their chests, it does seem to vary county to county and state to state but on the whole, they know more than us and often only release information that will allow them to advance their case by asking the general population to come forward as witnesses, etc. For sure LE has access to the full repertoire of CCTV, criminal backgrounds and all the scene clues presented BUT sometimes us sleuthers can seem to have the upper hand by the sheer number of people poking around and in the leaps their creative minds take in thinking about motive and connections.

For the record, I've not been following this one too closely (as for heaven's sake people: 7 THREADS!!!) and I'm not really ready to have an opinion on what went down...so I wish LE would drop a hint or two :)

I think it depends on the case. This is the time line for the case in the links below:

10/5/2015 Monday, 6 pm, victim found shot to death in Fairfax, California. 911 call at 6:06 pm. Victim spent the night on the trail.

10/7/2016 Wednesday, 2:15 pm, 3 suspects arrested in Portland, Oregon​

I don't recall when it was on the news channels but the Sheriff used Twitter. A conviniece store clerk provided the early lead when they remembered the subjects “acting strangely and out of place” and provided the the surveillance video. A gas station in Point Reyes Station provided photos of the suspects with the victim's car.

I recall a press conference on Tuesday. There were photos but they didn't mention the GPS tracking of course.

This link has a twitter photo of the third suspect, dated 10:34 am on Tuesday 10/7/2016
3 Arrested In Portland In Slaying Of Prominent Therapist Along Fairfax Trail
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-of-persons-of-interest-in-therapist-slaying/

LE used GPS to track the car to Oregon.
3 arrested in Portland, Ore., in Marin trail killing
By Kale Williams, Peter Fimrite, and Jenna Lyons
Updated 10:10 am, Thursday, October 8, 2015
San Francisco Chronicle
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Wife-of-hiker-shot-dead-on-Marin-County-trail-6555975.php

exactly. why do you pick a wedding date because it's easier to remember??? Doesn't make sense is this perfect fairytale.

ps.. oops forgot to bold the date

You pretend it's a better date and everything is going to be just. fine.

What I was trying to say earlier, and failed, was, what if her life is the complete opposite of what she is imagining or wanting it to be?

something is really, really off... yes, it's sad.

You know, reading that wedding blog (not to mention the elephant) makes me wonder if she is not given to flights of fancy. I wonder if there is something here to suggest a willful disappearance.

Did she marry the first time on a magical whim in Las Vegas? Did she leave that husband on another whim? Was the out-sized fairy-tale of this marriage (notes saved from 8th grade, the perfect man of her dreams, etc.) unsustainable, and she ran off again? Is this perhaps a pattern?

This is not meant in any way to demean her. I'm just thinking there may be a reason the family thinks she's alive out there.

After reading that blog, I now feel really bad for KP. I have a feeling both families know more about this situation and it's been a long road for all of them. It would be interesting to know what if any mental health issues played some factor into her disappearance. This is not a bash on the victim, rather truly concerning and heartbreaking for both SP and the entire family. I am truly sad for her family, I don't think there is good outcome on this one, no matter which way you slice and dice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So. Per the Sac Bee article http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article116329608.html

negotiator and kidnapping expert Cameron Gamble says the ransom offer expires 5am Wednesday. That's about 33 ish hours away if I'm calculating my time zones right.

Im curious if there will be any offers for extensions or renewed offers after this deadline passes. For her family I would think it would be devastating when the offer expires. Plus they have that big balloon release event scheduled for Thanksgiving morning.

What I was trying to say earlier, and failed, was, what if her life is the complete opposite of what she is imagining or wanting it to be?

It sounds like she may have recently experienced a lot of changes.

AT&T to SAHM.
A move... into her husband's childhood home that is owned by his mother.

Maybe the fairytale didn't turn out the way she planned...

I'm not sure how to clip something from another thread but if you look at thread 1, comment #7 by CValdez1975 she states she's a friend and Sherri had recently moved back to Redding. I looked at the poster's profile and it says she lives in San Jose. So I take it as Sherri (and Keith) moved from San Jose to Redding recently.
I took a peek, I think cvaldez says friend of a friend (who recently moved to Redding), not that Sherri and Keith moved there. We know they have been living there since at least 2006.

So isn't it odd that she asked someone she's only known a year to be matron of honor?

If she in fact ran away, this fanciful sounding ransom plan without any repercussion for the abductor could be a way get her to come back under the guise of having been victim of a kidnapping. It would appeal to someone's sense of thrill from bigger-than-life adventures. Also she'd get to come back, no questions asked, no price to pay, no embarrassment. Just come back and start over.

I'm wondering.

Good point. She would need a church annulment of the first marriage or something right? No way to look that up online!

She can get married but not up on the alter I thought if divorced but not annulled?

If she in fact ran away, this fanciful sounding ransom plan without any repercussion for the abductor could be a way get her to come back under the guise of having been victim of a kidnapping. It would appeal to someone's sense of thrill from bigger-than-life adventures. Also she'd get to come back, no questions asked, no price to pay, no embarrassment. Just come back and start over.

I'm wondering.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She can get married but not up on the alter I thought if divorced but not annulled?

The civil marriage and the Catholic marriage are separate. As long as her previous marriage wasn't Catholic, there would be no problem.

I'm wondering.

This is why I answer 9 and 10 on the poll - she left voluntarily and what comes next is the hoax. I wonder if there is any money and anonymous donor or if it's just another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801