Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, she just said that she never lived with a guy before because she didn't want to say something like "except my ex-husband who I left after a week because he beat me."

Hasn't anybody here ever glossed over something because they didn't want to explain it? It's highly probably that she did, in fact, live with her ex-husband for a period of time.

And she said she lived there for 2 years before Keith moved in. So her missing time ends around Dec 2004 or earlier.

That's a pretty big jump to domestic violence?

Wow....there are ALOT of people viewing this thread. Register sleuthers and lots of guests.
Guests, please register and join in and post if you have something that might help us with our research on this sad missing case. We would so love to be able to bring this dear sweet young mother home for Thanksgiving. Truthfully, that is against the odds at this point, but we must never give up hope.

Prayers to KP, kids, and all her friends and family. Where are you Sherri?!

Pretty lapsed catholic here --but yep it could still be a problem. Particularly if one grew up Catholic, was baptized, etc you can't just have a quickie Vegas wedding and divorce, and then have a full Catholic wedding to someone else someday without jumpin through some hoops
Sure you can. You just don't say you were ever married.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It is the police follow ups from people calling in tips. It carried forward daily. You can go back and find the original to each name.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't read too much on that, it took the officers 10 minutes to close the follow up.

She can get married but not up on the alter I thought if divorced but not annulled?

Actually, that's not correct. If a Catholic marries and then divorces, he or she must obtain an annulment before being married again in the church (unless previous spouse has passed away). The reason being is that the first marriage is considered to be valid and true in the eyes of the church, until an investigation determines otherwise (part of the annulment process). The marital bond dissolves upon death, so if a divorced Catholic's ex dies, the bond is ended and the Catholic is free to remarry in the church.

Some annulments are easier to obtain than others. "Lack of form" is one. For example, a Catholic who is married by the Justice of the Peace, elopes without enough proper witnesses, quicky Vegas wedding, just to name a few.

I see that she mentions owning 2 dogs on this site. That was before she was married. Did anyone see mention of a dog that they have now?

"Mini" - a 2-yr.-old Silky Terrier and "Buddy" - a Heinz 57 Varieties

First time poster - long time lurker...I am so floored with all of your sleuthing. You ROCK!!! Here's my
question - what could possibly be gained with this being a hoax? I'm not saying it's not, but I don't
understand what the outcome could be if this indeed a hoax???

For starters there's about $50K in that they can do whatever they want with right now, CG would have his business become famous, there'd probably be a book/movie, SP/KP could change jobs to the professional lecture circuit or otherwise get job/promotion to better pay, etc.

Thanks to whomever found the wedding webaite (mosaic?) it does provide a tiny bit better sense of SP's personality.

Yes wedding planning can be stressful but it all did seem high strung and perfectionistic, mentioning needing KP to help her keep from breaking down, etc. Sure those types of blogs can drift into hyperbole and embellishment but still there was a grain of something there IMO

Why not? My husband and I would've loved to be married on the anniversary of our first date (Jan. 10), but it fell during the week, so we opted for the weekend prior (1/6) because it was the inverse of his bday (6/1). Yes, we celebrate both - our weeklong anniversary extravaganza (in two mos., it'll be 30 years since first date, 27 years married). But I digress....

Just a couple of thoughts: if she was married before, but the marriage was considered "improper form" (i.e., not a religious ceremony, perhaps a Vegas wedding or married by the Justice of the Peace), those annulments are generally easy to obtain. The Catholic annulment process for church weddings (be it in a Catholic Church or another Christian church) is longer and more intensive. But as someone pointed out in an earlier post, it's not a matter of public record.

As for her blog posts about not being used to living with a guy - assuming she was married before - perhaps she's selective editing and it was a very brief marriage.

Co-habitating prior to marriage isn't exactly a Catholic sanctioned thing, but my hubby and I used to do marriage prep for engaged couples and frankly, SP and KP's living situation was not particularly unique. A lot of Catholics pick and choose which Church teachings they will follow. Not passing judgment - it's just an observation.

What did seem a bit odd to me is that SP's bridesmaids are her sister (understandable), her future sis-in-law (nice gesture) and a few other women with whom she's been friends with approx 3 years or less. Her maid of honor just over a year, IIRC. By all accounts she seems sweet, bubbly, positive. I know she moved away for some time, but I wonder about long term friendships. (Just musing, not a judgment call. I'm quite introverted so many of my friendships are situational (work related, school related, activity related) rather than relational. As a result, people move in and out of my life, and I move in and out of theirs. I'm not sure that's typical, though.

Not sure where I was going with all this.

Finally, my vote is 4, 5 & 10.

After reading her wedding website I'm left with the impression that she'd been planning her dream wedding since at least 7th grade if not before. It's certainly possible that her friendships were dependent upon the guy she was with or that she lost touch with friends as a result of her divorce.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. But if her friendships tended to be situational and she was no longer employed by AT&T, had just moved to a home in BFE away from established relationships... I wonder if perhaps she felt isolated or if she had moved onto another set of friends....

Also, my family would be screaming from the rooftops to try to find me. Nothing from the family - nothing from LE.
I also thought the interview with her sister & SIL was "weird".

It seems that they wanted LE to search all those camper shells...I really do not know who the rest of the RPs are; but, I imagine they are family and/or friends. This report closed in approx. 2 hours...were they talking or actually searching...not sure...

at the top right corner : rc:9:44 ds:11:25 ar: 11:25 cls:11:35: = 10 minutes

Also, my family would be screaming from the rooftops to try to find me. Nothing from the family - nothing from LE.
I also thought the interview with her sister & SIL was "weird".

I totally agree it's all gone very quiet. I can't find any recent media appearances by say, KP. Close family members have gone pretty quiet on SM regarding SP.

Yes...but I read 9:44 to 11:35...unless, I am missing something? Can you please explain? TIA

Agreed. Sadly, I think they have reason to believe she is no longer with us. The ransom deadline could be a confirmation of sorts, in that if no one comes forward, they will have to accept a grim reality.

This case is so bizarre. Sherri fits the physical description of a missing person who would have a massive amount of coverage in the media. Yet it's been crickets for a long time now. No public pleading from LE or the family, no searches. Just weird.

I can't decide on what I believe happened but I definitely believe LE and Sherri's family know waaaaaay more than we do.

I think I see what you are saying:

Arrived at 11:25
Closed at 11:35

Is this the case? So sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors