Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was previously stated that the high pitch tone will override a phone set to silent. But if IIRC, the headphones were found WITH the phone and not specifically attached. If someone has a link that shows they were inserted into the phone, please provide. Every article I've seen states "phone and headphones". I'm sure KP was aware of the route she ran, may have even advised her to avoid certain areas. So it's not surprising that he would find it with the app. But irregardless, the husband has been cleared. So it's a mute point. BBM

If you lost your iPhone around the house, tap Play Sound. This will play a high-pitched tone for two minutes, which can help you locate the device. The sound will play even if you have muted your phone.

Helium-filled balloons tied to a barbed-wire fence sagged in the breeze Thursday morning, at the spot where traces of Sherri Papini – her cellphone, headphones and a few strands of hair – were found eight days earlier.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.appledystopia.com/how-to/find-lost-iphone-page-2/
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html

Hi I just signed up here to discuss this case, I have a lot of catching up to do, but wanted to mention the road where he found the phone was pretty desolate. If he got fairly close with the find my phone app, which is possible, I think calling the phone would work. It looks like a quiet area. BUT, would the phone ring if the earphones were attached, or would it ring in the ear buds?

Does anybody know if the earphone jack was actually plugged into the phone?

If Sherri was abducted, she could have been ambushed and dropped the phone and earbuds during a struggle. Even pulled off and dropped by the attacker so there would be no phone tracking.

I also wonder if there is a way to determine the time she was playing music? I don't know if that's possible with forensics or not. Pandora is web-based and you need to log into your account, so it might be possible in that case. But if she was listening to her own music collection IDK. The phone does have an internal clock though.

Lots of questions in this strange case.

There seems to be quite a few reports each day about "cluster of mailboxes", open mail, stolen mail, lost/found mail, tampering with mailboxes, etc. Is this "normal"? Just seemed odd to me so many reports about mail in one day in an area. Yesterday had a report of

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 8.58.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-22 at 8.58.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-22 at 8.57.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-22 at 8.57.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 9.04.01 AM.png
You can find the daily reports here:
http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

Side Note: A man riding around on his mountain bike barking at people's dogs..... :cuckoo:

Also it's strange how all of the photos released are old photos back when she was much younger and before kids. People comment on how young she looks, but in these photos she is young! If someone was missing it seems like you would provide more recent photos.

I feel bad for saying this but I agree. I didn't want to say it but the best relationships I've had I don't feel the need to sit and basically brag about it or what nice things they do or name drop expensive places it all just sounds like the script for a romantic comedy it's weird to me. I mean I myself talk some about the person I'm with at the time and post photos of us but the last time I found myself writing stuff like this was my first serious BF at 15. And I don't mean that in a mean way cause I'm sure there are plenty of people like that I guess I just don't encounter many and because of social networking for shoots I don't like posting about my love life but since I'm one of those doesn't care what anyone thinks of me unless it's a guy I'm with type of people I guess I just don't bother to and I'm very confident in myself and maybe she was insecure back then and was bragging to make her life sound amazing? I've never really been the insecure type but have friends for example who in this case the girl brags non stop about her BF she's not been with long and how amazing he is and yet he's been in jail or rehab since like three or four months in and she constantly posts those vomit inducing memes or quotes on his stuff etc and brags and tries to make me think they're in some picture perfect thing when she's told me privately how mean he is to her off and on while in jail so I know it happens a lot but since we don't know her I really can't guess but would say her life probably(I hope at least) was as great to her as she makes it sound(especially if the ex husband or bfs were awful) but that they both care a lot or maybe too much about how others see them or maybe she was insecure or both and so she felt she needed to brag or something cause that's my only guess but I don't think the info will come in handy to solving anything unless we find out that she hid the previous husband from everyone for a good reason and one that could be key to figuring it out. I wish we could see something more recently written by her to compare how she sounded now vs then to help us figure out some stuff. Also I don't mean any of this in a mean way or anything I just mean it as in first we see the family saying supermom a lot and then we read this and it just all seems too perfect it feels odd somehow

I would have to agree. When I first read some of her blog, I immediately thought of a friend that is constantly boasting about her husband and family on social media. How great he is, how much he loves her, how hard he works for "her", how perfect life is, ....but in reality, he is at work all the time or out with work people, rarely spends time with her, buys her things to make up for what he has done. Everything is very materialistic for them. (Having the best, showing it off, etc.) I know this personally because I have been friends with him since high school and have seen both sides of it through several of his relationships. The way SP was writing in her blog is just how my friend does, so my first thought was of that.

I am not degrading anyone by how they choose to live their lives and find happiness. But when things are so great, I feel most people don't need to try so hard to make sure everyone knows about it. I'm sure I'll get attacks over that but that is just my own thought based on people I know and read about.

I'm still lost and keep flopping my thoughts. But when stuff like this comes up, we do make assumptions because WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE. So I, along with many of you, will continue to read into stuff like this to try and make sense of something/anything.... especially if it reminds us of our own experiences.

LE might have evidence that leads them to believe she's with someone from her past, just they want to know if it's willingly or unwillingly. LE seems to discount that something happened to her while she was jogging by saying that she wasn't seen on video, but they may have at least the make, model and color of vehicles that drove around there that were caught on camera and see that people from her past also have a vehicle that matches that description.

It was previously stated that the high pitch tone will override a phone set to silent. But if IIRC, the headphones were found WITH the phone and not specifically attached. If someone has a link that shows they were inserted into the phone, please provide. Every article I've seen states "phone and headphones". I'm sure KP was aware of the route she ran, may have even advised her to avoid certain areas. So it's not surprising that he would find it with the app. But irregardless, the husband has been cleared. So it's a mute point. BBM

[/FONT]
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.appledystopia.com/how-to/find-lost-iphone-page-2/
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html
"Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, tracked her cell phone to less than 1.5 miles east of Interstate 5 in the Mountain Gate area north of Redding using the Find My iPhone application. Sherri's ear buds were still in the phone, with strands of her hair attached. No other items were recovered at the scene."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcn...seen-n679321?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

NBC is the MSM reporting it this way. I believe but can't find an interview that also said it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>User Evey mentioned in the last thread "watch her just be lost in the woods"... it's been so long, but fingers crossed it's something like the case of Tammy Kim where her phone and laptop were abandoned and she was found alive in the woods, probably having experienced a psychotic break........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't blame her I mean to have to seem so perfect and fairytale constantly would eventually make someone break. I mean while I love doing the whole make my man happy stepford wife type stuff like she seems to based on Pinterest I can safely say I never feel like having to boast and brag and just make everything sound perfect and that would drive me mad eventually to never be able to let anyone know if I was hurting or my husband has upset me or made me cry or made me angry and mad and having to keep it all inside and act like everything is perfect all the time when no relationship is would be hard. I mean I avoid telling most people bad things about me and whoever I'm with until something has upset me enough to mention to my best friends since I don't like talking to not as close friends about issues like that but imagine if she couldn't talk to her bestfriends or family about it like that could cause a break. And what if her ex husband that nobody seems to know about was someone she ran away and eloped with and it was a small wedding(since she calls this one a big wedding it made me assume the last wasn't) but when her family found out they forced her to leave him and never let anyone know. That would be one scenario I could see voluntary leaving was if she was truly in love with him and all these years has beeen doing what her family wants and not going off with him but then something upsets her enough she then decides to run away with him again. And if KP didn't know she had an ex then what if that wedding venue was not booked as the blog says but actually she hadn't got the divorce officially so she needed to make an excuse to change the date. And if he didn't know then for all we know the ex husband sees her at the store or daycare or just some way that try's never suspect if they never knew. But I still stand by thinking likely someone she knew part of their inner circle or something or a neighbor took her and killed her and I don't want to even think of the other things they could go with it and my second choice is that by a stranger.

I like looking at cases from all sides. The phone seemed too planted and found too easily to appear like someone took her but obviously that is a possibility. No criticism meant for any family or friends, just trying to give an opinion.

It did seem like an all-too convenient Clue, didn't it. We know she must have been snatched whilst jogging, because of the phone. We've all heard of women being snatched whilst jogging. And we know she didn't just decide to leave her husband, because there was a half-wrapped, hand-made gift addressed to him in the house. Another handy Clue. And she's a perfect, beautiful Supermom who would never leave her kids and whose wedding photos have now been plastered everywhere, so we can see how wonderful she is. As if telling a story/ creating an image is more important than actually putting out accurate photos of how she looks now so people know if they've seen her. And then the mysterious, anonymous benefactor who puts out a bizarre letter offering a reward for her safe return by Wednesday and promising not to involve LE in any way.

If she reappears on Wednesday morning claiming to have been held captive in Mexico this whole time and starts going on chat-shows to describe her awful treatment by those nasty Mexicans, I will be extremely suspicious.

But if she turns up dead, I will feel awful for ever suspecting a hoax :(

After spending way too much time on her past, which i now firmly believe is irrelevant to her disappearance, I am back to believing that this is one of those rare random abductions.

IMO all the speculation about her first marriage and ex is unfounded. I believe that he is probably the person that LE went out of state to interview.

It appears that they both moved on a long time ago.

I feel so bad for her family.

Where are you, Sherri?

It is dark around 5:30pm. So he must have been very lucky to spot it at night.

I know ZERO about iPhones. Does the phone light up when you track it with the find my phone? Also, is it true that if he called the phone for it's location in the dark, it wouldn't ring audibly because the headphones were in it, so it would be muted???

I know ZERO about iPhones. Does the phone light up when you track it with the find my phone? Also, is it true that if he called the phone for it's location in the dark, it wouldn't ring audibly because the headphones were in it, so it would be muted???
It wasn't dark yet when he found the phone.

I would have to agree. When I first read some of her blog, I immediately thought of a friend that is constantly boasting about her husband and family on social media. How great he is, how much he loves her, how hard he works for "her", how perfect life is, ....but in reality, he is at work all the time or out with work people, rarely spends time with her, buys her things to make up for what he has done. Everything is very materialistic for them. (Having the best, showing it off, etc.) I know this personally because I have been friends with him since high school and have seen both sides of it through several of his relationships. The way SP was writing in her blog is just how my friend does, so my first thought was of that.

I am not degrading anyone by how they choose to live their lives and find happiness. But when things are so great, I feel most people don't need to try so hard to make sure everyone knows about it. I'm sure I'll get attacks over that but that is just my own thought based on people I know and read about.

I'm still lost and keep flopping my thoughts. But when stuff like this comes up, we do make assumptions because WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE. So I, along with many of you, will continue to read into stuff like this to try and make sense of something/anything.... especially if it reminds us of our own experiences.

Well said, and echoes my thoughts.

But if she turns up dead, I will feel awful for ever suspecting a hoax :(

Some of the things that point to hoax also point to abduction as either way it could be someone out the past who planted the phone and CG sure muddies that waters.

There seems to be quite a few reports each day about "cluster of mailboxes", open mail, stolen mail, lost/found mail, tampering with mailboxes, etc. Is this "normal"? Just seemed odd to me so many reports about mail in one day in an area. Yesterday had a report of

View attachment 104983View attachment 104984View attachment 104985View attachment 104986
View attachment 104987
You can find the daily reports here:
http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

Side Note: A man riding around on his mountain bike barking at people's dogs..... :cuckoo:

It is 'normal' for Redding, yes. A common occurrence thanks to AB 109 and one of the ongoing issues LE has to deal with in addition to property theft, smash and grabs, auto thefts, etc. If I lived in Redding I would have, at the least, a locking mailbox or even a PO box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could she be pulled into the woods from the road where the phone was found if she was checking her mail or something? Or from anywhere near the house or garden or do they have any sheds or a garabage or barn someone could hide inside and wait in to attack from? I feel she was taken and killed and by someone she knew or a neighbor or stranger and that this person will have placed the body closer to the house but only once he knew the searchs stopped and will now maybe be magically on vacation somewhere not in the USA just in case.

Sherri was last seen jogging in her neighborhood on the morning of Wednesday, November 2.

Family members sounded the alarm later that day.

Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, tracked her cell phone using the Find My iPhone application. Sherri's ear buds were still in the phone, with strands of her hair attached. No other items were recovered at the scene.

A coordinated search effort began on Thursday. Members of the Shasta County Sheriff's Office and Rescue team deployed all over the area in search of Sherri, with helicopters from the California Highway patrol providing air support.

............................................ The phone seemed too planted and found too easily to appear like someone took her but obviously that is a possibility. No criticism meant for any family or friends, just trying to give an opinion.

Would it be fair to assume that, if the phone was never discarded on the road but still in the house, LE may not have got involved in the case as early as they did?

#2 or #4 but if #2 it is a distant acquaintance from the past. I am in Sherri's demographic and age group. Bangs have come and gone, she has kept hers through the years even when they were not popular or common. Sherri has a hairstyle that is similar and unique to a certain group. IMO

What does "Sherri has a hairstyle that is similar and unique to a certain group" mean exactly? We're bang-shaming now? What does her hairstyle have to do with her disappearance?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I feel bad for saying this but I agree. I didn't want to say it but the best relationships I've had I don't feel the need to sit and basically brag about it or what nice things they do or name drop expensive places it all just sounds like the script for a romantic comedy it's weird to me. I mean I myself talk some about the person I'm with at the time and post photos of us but the last time I found myself writing stuff like this was my first serious BF at 15. And I don't mean that in a mean way cause I'm sure there are plenty of people like that I guess I just don't encounter many and because of social networking for shoots I don't like posting about my love life but since I'm one of those doesn't care what anyone thinks of me unless it's a guy I'm with type of people I guess I just don't bother to and I'm very confident in myself and maybe she was insecure back then and was bragging to make her life sound amazing? I've never really been the insecure type but have friends for example who in this case the girl brags non stop about her BF she's not been with long and how amazing he is and yet he's been in jail or rehab since like three or four months in and she constantly posts those vomit inducing memes or quotes on his stuff etc and brags and tries to make me think they're in some picture perfect thing when she's told me privately how mean he is to her off and on while in jail so I know it happens a lot but since we don't know her I really can't guess but would say her life probably(I hope at least) was as great to her as she makes it sound(especially if the ex husband or bfs were awful) but that they both care a lot or maybe too much about how others see them or maybe she was insecure or both and so she felt she needed to brag or something cause that's my only guess but I don't think the info will come in handy to solving anything unless we find out that she hid the previous husband from everyone for a good reason and one that could be key to figuring it out. I wish we could see something more recently written by her to compare how she sounded now vs then to help us figure out some stuff. Also I don't mean any of this in a mean way or anything I just mean it as in first we see the family saying supermom a lot and then we read this and it just all seems too perfect it feels odd somehow

I may be wrong but I think there is a medical/ psychological term for what you're describing called reaction formation. (below)

reaction formation
an unconscious defense mechanism in which a person expresses toward another person or situation feelings, attitudes, or behaviors that are the opposite of what would normally be expected. It begins in early childhood and proceeds through life.
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 9th edition. © 2009, Elsevier

I am a Registered Nurse but not in the area of psych. Are there any psych majors out there?

I wonder what we'll be talking about at this time tomorrow? I hate how the CG aspect has, as stated above, "muddied the waters" This whole case is nutty!!!

Sherri was last seen jogging in her neighborhood on the morning of Wednesday, November 2.

Family members sounded the alarm later that day.

Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, tracked her cell phone using the Find My iPhone application. Sherri's ear buds were still in the phone, with strands of her hair attached. No other items were recovered at the scene.

A coordinated search effort began on Thursday. Members of the Shasta County Sheriff's Office and Rescue team deployed all over the area in search of Sherri, with helicopters from the California Highway patrol providing air support.

Would it be fair to assume that, if the phone was never discarded on the road but still in the house, LE may not have got involved in the case as early as they did?

I think they would have looked harder at the house, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member