Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After spending way too much time on her past, which i now firmly believe is irrelevant to her disappearance, I am back to believing that this is one of those rare random abductions.

IMO all the speculation about her first marriage and ex is unfounded. I believe that he is probably the person that LE went out of state to interview.

It appears that they both moved on a long time ago.

I feel so bad for her family.

Where are you, Sherri?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I agree. But if this whole bizarre ransom thing works, and she is returned tomorrow, I'm fully in the "hoax" camp.

On a different note, this video of SP's mother and father does not sit right with me...not because of what they say; but, because of what they are wearing...even an 'impromptu" interview can be prepared minutes in advance...I'm being cryptic because I don't want further trouble for this forum...

I know there are pros and cons to what I am referencing...but, as is with this case, it bothers me...mo...

http://abc13.com/news/family-of-missing-mother-holds-out-hope-and-responds/1609589/

The business t shirts you mean? They were interviewed at work maybe?

I feel like we are at the point of writing a TV script for an episode of Barnaby Jones about now. Its getting that bizarre.

I feel like we are at the point of writing a TV script for an episode of Barnaby Jones about now. Its getting that bizarre.
Only because of a lot of wild, unsubstantiated, speculation, I think.

The answer is likely much simpler.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

What does "Sherri has a hairstyle that is similar and unique to a certain group" mean exactly?We're bang-shaming now?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What group? Looking at her pictures now and trying to figure out what group they could mean....

ETA where I live we call that a fringe and it's not associated with any particular group. Really curious as to what group it is associated with in the USA?

It did seem like an all-too convenient Clue, didn't it. We know she must have been snatched whilst jogging, because of the phone. We've all heard of women being snatched whilst jogging. And we know she didn't just decide to leave her husband, because there was a half-wrapped, hand-made gift addressed to him in the house. Another handy Clue. And she's a perfect, beautiful Supermom who would never leave her kids and whose wedding photos have now been plastered everywhere, so we can see how wonderful she is. As if telling a story/ creating an image is more important than actually putting out accurate photos of how she looks now so people know if they've seen her. And then the mysterious, anonymous benefactor who puts out a bizarre letter offering a reward for her safe return by Wednesday and promising not to involve LE in any way.

If she reappears on Wednesday morning claiming to have been held captive in Mexico this whole time and starts going on chat-shows to describe her awful treatment by those nasty Mexicans, I will be extremely suspicious.

But if she turns up dead, I will feel awful for ever suspecting a hoax :(

100% agree. But even if she does turn up dead, it could still be a hoax. Not saying that it would be, just saying that possibility is still out there.
And for anyone even thinking of asking...NO, I am not going to discuss what I mean or how or anything else pertaining to it.

Could she be pulled into the woods from the road where the phone was found if she was checking her mail or something? Or from anywhere near the house or garden or do they have any sheds or a garabage or barn someone could hide inside and wait in to attack from? I feel she was taken and killed and by someone she knew or a neighbor or stranger and that this person will have placed the body closer to the house but only once he knew the searchs stopped and will now maybe be magically on vacation somewhere not in the USA just in case.

Maybe. They could have missed a body in the initial search. It happens a lot. In comparison to other cases, they didn't spend much searching, imho.

What group? Looking at her pictures now and trying to figure out what group they could mean....

ETA where I live we call that a fringe and it's not associated with any particular group. Really curious as to what group it is associated with in the USA?

I'm in the US and have no clue what group wears bangs or fringe as you call it over there. Last I knew it was just a hairstyle that comes and goes in and out of fashion. Maybe she has kept that hairstyle for so long because it works with her face and she likes it?

<modsnip>

#2 or #4 but if #2 it is a distant acquaintance from the past. I am in Sherri's demographic and age group. Bangs have come and gone, she has kept hers through the years even when they were not popular or common. Sherri has a hairstyle that is similar and unique to a certain group. IMO

I'm not sure the fact that she has had bangs even when they're not in style is relevant. My daughter will NEVER have bangs because her hairline is riddled with cowlicks she inherited from her daddy and they would not lay right. Could be something that simple, or maybe she has a high hairline and doesn't like the way bang-free hair looks on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the US and have no clue what group wears bangs or fringe as you call it over there. Last I knew it was just a hairstyle that comes and goes in and out of fashion. Maybe she has kept that hairstyle for so long because it works with her face and she likes it?

<modsnip>.

Totally agree! What does it matter if she likes bangs?

Hello everyone, I am a long time lurker and have been following this thread since the beginning, even though I never posted.

Just marking my spot since tomorrow is the big deadline...

Where are you Sherri??
I hope she is found alive and well.

I may be wrong but I think there is a medical/ psychological term for what you're describing called reaction formation. (below)

reaction formation
an unconscious defense mechanism in which a person expresses toward another person or situation feelings, attitudes, or behaviors that are the opposite of what would normally be expected. It begins in early childhood and proceeds through life.
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 9th edition. © 2009, Elsevier

I am a Registered Nurse but not in the area of psych. Are there any psych majors out there?

I've heard the term before and actually have one of those dictoonaries in my house somewhere but can't for the life of me think of it off the top of my head. I mean if making their lives seem the way they do is what makes them happy then I don't see any issue unless it's harming someone somehow but I think if we could compare it to something recent of hers we'd have a better idea if that was just her young self but I will say it's like she reinvented herself so for all we know she ran off and eloped with some high school sweetheartfrom Vegas if she didn't graduate from Cali. and maybe all the people she could have asked to be bridesmaids from her past live there so she befriended new people but I don't think that would stop them from being bridesmaids unless she turned her back on all her Vegas friends when she left or something but there's nothing to show her life much other than her and her husbands stuff she has written

I don't think anyone is intending it to be bashing. I think everyone is just confused by the craziness of this case and we are all too cynical to believe in the perfect marriage and the perfect life. She also has a board called her alter ego that has perfect wife/mother type pins. There is also the divorce but nothing else about a previous marriage. It's like she fell off the earth when she left Redding years ago and just appeared again one day. This case is just so weird!!!!

<modsnip>.

Only because of a lot of wild, unsubstantiated, speculation, I think.
The answer is likely much simpler.

This is wild, but wholly substantiated as reported by the Sacramento Bee, yet it sounds like part of the second act in a script where CG is now billing himself as a 'defense contractor':
"The benefactor said that if Sherri Papini, 34, isn’t returned immediately, the deal expires at 5 a.m. Wednesday.

'We wanted to create a sense of urgency,' said Cameron Gamble, who describes himself as a defense contractor who works with missionary groups and trains government employees on how to avoid being taken hostage overseas.

Gamble said he’s not actually the person offering the reward, though he would facilitate the transaction. Instead, he says an out-of-town man approached a mutual friend of his and Papini’s and offered to provide a cash ransom in the hopes it would bring the young woman home."
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article116329608.html#storylink=cpy

I truly don't get how the house or their property wasn't checked more in case the person who did it used the property but just maybe not the parts of it we'd ever expect. I truly hope they find her alive and even it being a hoax would be better than some of the worse options. This case has basically about as little information as the three other joggers which there's barely anything to go on with them as well. So I'm not surprised by people having ideas we'd never have if there was more information to go on. But it sure seems by the blog that she would be someone who'd have social media and post a lot about her family on it so since I don't see any fb etc it makes me think she was hiding from some creepy stalker

I truly don't get how the house or their property wasn't checked more in case the person who did it used the property but just maybe not the parts of it we'd ever expect.

Because the closest thing to what could be considered a crime scene is a mile away. I do think if something involuntary happened, that it happened on their property rather than on the road, but putting the phone a mile away from the actual scene serves to screw up of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member