Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello mind-boggled sleuths...a thread or so back, I had brought up, to some sleuths' consternation, her Pinterest. I, unfortunately, forewent work one day and instead spent a a few hours reading her comments. As I had noted, I have belonged to the site for a long time and understand the way comments work (whose it is) beneath pins. I noted in my post that IMO a particular pattern appeared in the comments, and in some cases, chosen pins, but was met here with some disapproval and lots of doubt . So, I tucked my tail and went back to work, though I was resolute in my findings.

As I caught up on this thread today, I noticed that a mention of"embellishment" had broken the surface, so here I am adding my voice.

I am reluctant because i dont want to once again appear that I'm casting mud or bringing up nonsense, but I still feel that this idea is worth mention. IMO, winding through the years of commentary is a degree of embellishment, discontent, a shaky sense of self and feelings of emptiness. I also stated in my original post that all of the comments about her being a kick-as* mom are on point, which is sort of a snag for me. It is pretty hard to digest that she willfully disappeared or hurt herself because she loves the heck out of her children. Being a mom appears to mean the world to her. But, as I know all too well, tenuous or poor mental health can, and does, shake a person's foundation. For most of my life, I fought hard to maintain an image ...the one expected of me, the one I wanted to see reflected in the mirror...while suffering immensely inside. It's exhausting to keep a mask on, and can only be done for so long. At the end of the day, I used to hang my mask on the same hook where I hanged my keys, and then grabbed it each time I headed back out the door. Whether a mental health angle has anything to do with her disappearance, I have no idea, but it is the one reason I have kept open the possibility that she left or hurt herself. Even then, it doesn't mean, if one of the two, that she made a conscious choice or "willfully" left. There is always the possibility of some kind of break, confusion or tired surrender.

I dont know what to believe, but for whatever reason I've never felt comfortable with the idea that she was dragged into a random car. I am willing to be wrong, but will always believe that at some level she was/is personally struggling, despite ongoing statements that there were no physical or mental health problems. That's a wide net to cast when talking about an individual. We are all complex creatures who hide from others and ourselves. Dangerous, too, as it rules out some possibilities. In our forums, I have also seen it mentioned that she obviously had/has no mental health problems because she seems so functional, in love and happy. Believe me, not everyone who struggles with his or her mental health gives off that image . Also, sometimes people "give up" or leave because they don't feel they are good enough. They believe that people will be better off without them. I know someone who did that, and what a shock that was to everyone.

Finally, and this has been mentioned on WS, some families don't want to see or admit that anything could have been wrong. Depression can be dismissed with a "Put a smile on." Perhaps this has something to do with some of the sorries.

Please, this is just a collection of my thoughts. Nothing here is an accusation or a suggestion that I know what happened to Sherri. I know nothing specific. Nada. Zilch. Just curious and concerned like everyone.

I too have been in that situation of trying to be what you think everyone wants you to be. I finally gave up because I cracked. I ended my marriage, had to take time off from work and got a great therapist. I'm better but yeah, I could have seen running away or hurting myself as an option if it had gotten much worse.

Remember Kristi Cornwell?

So many missing some are eventually found.
!
Kelly Bordeaux.

So many unanswered questions, and so few details provided. This is awful.

I was talking over this case with a LE friend of mine and he was saying if they do have a suspect/s in mind, they might not be naming them and or giving more details because they don't want the person to "lawyer up", they want them to keep talking.

That being said...I am leaning more and more towards voluntary missing...which is both good because it would mean she is alive, but so sad because of her little ones.

So many unanswered questions, and so few details provided. This is awful.

I was talking over this case with a LE friend of mine and he was saying if they do have a suspect/s in mind, they might not be naming them and or giving more details because they don't want the person to "lawyer up", they want them to keep talking.

That being said...I am leaning more and more towards voluntary missing...which is both good because it would mean she is alive, but so sad because of her little ones.
i agree. To add another layer to that I would say CoULD YOU IMAGINE if another perp was identified but not convicted after what happened with the Tera smith case?

Jmo, but I do not believe LE or the FBI would approve this whole ransom plan ever. Especially with a deadline. There are very few kidnapping cases to refer to in the US, but many ended badly, when they were a "thing" last century for a time. I think the family is doing it under other advice.

In any case, it does not matter, Imo, if she WAS abducted. The kind of person who would have kept her alive this long is not interested in money. If she was taken, she is not alive and has not been since 11/2.

This is my first time posting anything on this whole site. I have read through all 7 threads now, (it's taken me a bit). I am from Redding, CA and I have to say that as a women I don't go anywhere by myself in this town anymore. I moved here in 2011 and this place has gotten progressively worse as the years go by. I don't feel safe going anywhere alone. There is ALOT of homeless here that don't seem to be scared of coming up to you or making remarks to you. It seems there is so much crime in the news everyday. As far as Sherri goes, I do not know her or know anyone that knows her personally, but I feel like she was probably taken by someone that she doesn't know. Where she lives and where she was possibly taken is pretty remote way out of town and its close to the lake which is surrounded by a lot of woods and I don't find it unlikely that someone could snatch her without anyone seeing. I too like some others on here find the whole ransom letter with the video so bizarre. It doesn't seem like our Sherrif's office is in full agreement with the idea of abduction. I have been keeping up on this since I first read that Sherri was missing on the local facebook crime page the night it happened. I am curious to see how things will be handled if the ransom does not work out. I am frustrated by the lack of updates from the news or sherrif's office but I know that they are probably working on things behind the scenes that they can't expose to the public. I just hope that she turns out to be okay and comes home.

This whole "ransom" thing is bothering me. It would be one thing if a ransom demand was actually made, but even the "negotiator" admits there has been no such demand. So why think an "offer" of ransom would do any good? There's only one logical thing I can think of. And that is that Sherri left voluntarily with some acquaintance, friend, lover, that would throw her under the bus for money. If said acquaintance, friend, lover abandoned her for money where would she go but home?

I simply cannot entertain the idea that her family would put her life on the line with threats of a deadline and so forth. That is the most idiotic plan ever if there really is an abductor in play. And if a random abductor is in play, he/she would have made a random demand if this was an abduction for ransom. And he/she certainly would not return the victim, knowing she could identify them.

It only makes sense if Sherri left willingly and the family is willing to pay off her accomplice to throw her under the bus so she is forced to return home.

Deep breath . . . Okay, here's my list of things I just can't get past and feelings that I just can't shake. I have provided links to some, and others are just my musings.

1. Calling off the search so seemingly early. Why?

2. Who is she, really? Does she sing in the church choir, does she go to "mommy and me" classes, does she collect bottle rockets? What do we know? Nothing. She was a "super mom" and that's it.

3. The interview with her sister, who speaks of Sherri in the past-tense. No tears. Unsettling to me.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114321068.html

4. The only interview with her parents. Mom's done crying. Really? Dad has nothing to say, no tears, no pleading? Don't bash me, everyone grieves differently. It just seemed unsettling to me to watch for a family that was supposedly so close.
http://abc13.com/news/family-of-missing-mother-holds-out-hope-and-responds/1609589/

5. And seriously, a Mom with two beautiful children, who is a self-described "crafter and dog lover" and has absolutely no online social presence?! There are no pictures of her babies first food, words, crawling, kisses, songs, steps, or birthdays, etc. No pics of dogs on the couch, licking babies face, getting into garbage,etc. None. Anywhere. Not for family or friends (how bout all those wedding guests). Nevermind the computer savvy daddy who never posted a picture of his beautiful wife or children for his friends or coworkers. Nothing. Only the few staged pictures that seem to cry "look at us, we're so happy". Shaking head . . . no, something's not right.

6. I can't help but feel that LE and family know that either she left on her own, or there is evidence that in fact she is no longer alive. If not, then why aren't they, KP and family, on every news show begging for her return? I just can't wrap my head around any of this.

7. And now the pay-for-release money!?! Just when you think it couldn't get any weirder. But then, if you knew she wasn't going to be "released", you could offer any amount of money.

My brain just hurts trying make any sense of any of this. ��
I'll just continue to pray for a safe resolve for all involved.

��������������������������������������������������������

I agree, which makes it all the more baffling that the FBI was involved in the ransom for Sandra Harris?? I don't believe SP was taken for ransom, but if done to get back at someone, IMO, it's possible that she was sold into trafficking. There were initial pleas on her mother's FB for contacts in Mexico and Canada. All just speculation. But the abductor would've successfully inflicted harm on the intended target (taking their loved one) while benefiting financially and not having to dispose of anyone. If the ransom benefactor believed this was the case, it would open the possibility of others coming forward to claim the money. I understand most on here don't subscribe to the trafficking theory, but with so little evidence, I don't think it can be ruled out. MOO

If my child were kidnapped, I assume I would pay or accepted the assistance from someone else willing to pay, but, from a societal point of view, it is something to be discouraged.

In the US, kidnapping for ransom is extremely rare; practically non-existent. The reason is that after the Lindberg kidnapping, law were passed requiring harsh prison sentences and FBI involvement. This caused most subsequent kidnappers to kill the victim even when the ransom was paid because the victim would present a risk. Once this pattern became evident, the families would go to LE rather than pay. Kidnapping was no longer a viable crime.

I really doubt there is going to be any offers to accept the ransom but you never know. How it might play out is anybody's guess. I would expect fraudsters, rather than someone who has really taken her, to be the most likely responders to the offer.

In the case, the expectation of ransom by either a real kidnapped or some kind of attempt to extort from her family is very unlikely because the family does not appear to have much.

The reality is that abductions by strangers usually result in murder within hours and a body disposed of without any particular effort to conceal. In Shasta county however, there is plenty of rough country with heavy vegetation. It very possible for a body to be taken by a car to somewhere where it will never be found. This pretty much accounts for the high rate of missing persons.

I am not speculating on what might have happened because there is insufficient evidence. The phone would seem to establish that she was either abducted or an attempt was made for it to look like an abduction.

Something LE knows that we do not is whether or not the mid-morning text inquiry if KP was coming for lunch was routine. (And how often he came home for lunch).

This is my first time posting anything on this whole site. I have read through all 7 threads now, (it's taken me a bit). I am from Redding, CA and I have to say that as a women I don't go anywhere by myself in this town anymore. I moved here in 2011 and this place has gotten progressively worse as the years go by. I don't feel safe going anywhere alone. There is ALOT of homeless here that don't seem to be scared of coming up to you or making remarks to you. It seems there is so much crime in the news everyday. As far as Sherri goes, I do not know her or know anyone that knows her personally, but I feel like she was probably taken by someone that she doesn't know. Where she lives and where she was possibly taken is pretty remote way out of town and its close to the lake which is surrounded by a lot of woods and I don't find it unlikely that someone could snatch her without anyone seeing. I too like some others on here find the whole ransom letter with the video so bizarre. It doesn't seem like our Sherrif's office is in full agreement with the idea of abduction. I have been keeping up on this since I first read that Sherri was missing on the local facebook crime page the night it happened. I am curious to see how things will be handled if the ransom does not work out. I am frustrated by the lack of updates from the news or sherrif's office but I know that they are probably working on things behind the scenes that they can't expose to the public. I just hope that she turns out to be okay and comes home.

Welcome kittykakes......glad you joined us here. And thanks for the local perspective!

According to Pinterest both her and husband were into guns. WHY OH WHY WASN'T SHE PACKING THAT DAY?

I am curious why no friends have come forward. Surely she had friends that dropped their kids off at the daycare that she would run into.

This whole "ransom" thing is bothering me. It would be one thing if a ransom demand was actually made, but even the "negotiator" admits there has been no such demand. So why think an "offer" of ransom would do any good? There's only one logical thing I can think of. And that is that Sherri left voluntarily with some acquaintance, friend, lover, that would throw her under the bus for money. If said acquaintance, friend, lover abandoned her for money where would she go but home?

I simply cannot entertain the idea that her family would put her life on the line with threats of a deadline and so forth. That is the most idiotic plan ever if there really is an abductor in play. And if a random abductor is in play, he/she would have made a random demand if this was an abduction for ransom. And he/she certainly would not return the victim, knowing she could identify them.

It only makes sense if Sherri left willingly and the family is willing to pay off her accomplice to throw her under the bus so she is forced to return home.

Her family has denied knowing who put up the ransom. It may be a family member behind it but we don't know that.

Deep breath . . . Okay, here's my list of things I just can't get past and feelings that I just can't shake. I have provided links to some, and others are just my musings.

2. Who is she, really? Does she sing in the church choir, does she go to "mommy and me" classes, does she collect bottle rockets? What do we know? Nothing. She was a "super mom" and that's it.

3. The interview with her sister, who speaks of Sherri in the past-tense. No tears. Unsettling to me.

4. The only interview with her parents. Mom's done crying. Really? Dad has nothing to say, no tears, no pleading? Don't bash me, everyone grieves differently. It just seemed unsettling to me to watch for a family that was supposedly so close.
http://abc13.com/news/family-of-missing-mother-holds-out-hope-and-responds/1609589/

5. And seriously, a Mom with two beautiful children, who is a self-described "crafter and dog lover" and has absolutely no online social presence?! There are no pictures of her babies first food, words, crawling, kisses, songs, steps, or birthdays, etc. No pics of dogs on the couch, licking babies face, getting into garbage,etc. None. Anywhere. Not for family or friends (how bout all those wedding guests). Nevermind the computer savvy daddy who never posted a picture of his beautiful wife or children for his friends or coworkers. Nothing. Only the few staged pictures that seem to cry "look at us, we're so happy". Shaking head . . . no, something's not right.

6. I can't help but feel that LE and family know that either she left on her own, or there is evidence that in fact she is no longer alive. If not, then why aren't they, KP and family, on every news show begging for her return? I just can't wrap my head around any of this.

7. And now the pay-for-release money!?! Just when you think it couldn't get any weirder. But then, if you knew she wasn't going to be "released", you could offer any amount of money.

Regarding the mother and father interview, do ya think they just decided to wear those T shirts for advertisement purposes?, or were they actually at work?

Another thoughtful post. I really appreciate the analysis work WSers are doing. Whether we hit the mark or not, we do try!

FWIW, the perfect-only photos are telling. Could just be a reflection of a reserved person, but could also be there isn't a comfortable, at-ease "other" side to her.

Her family has denied knowing who put up the ransom. It may be a family member behind it but we don't know that.

CG admits in the video that he met with hubby and has his blessing. So family IS involved in this cockamamie ransom thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli