Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 million divided by 5 (give or take).

You need to narrow it down to reported cases of abductions. One can't take every instance of violence and draw a parallel as to fictitious vs actual reports of (adult) kidnappings. Take the abductions, subtract known from unknown perp, subtract the murdered victims and see how many reported cases were miraculously released after three weeks (or released at all.)

<modsnip>

I'm glad she's back with her family. I hope the family is being kept safe.

This case is beyond weird. Occam's razor...

Just my two cents--I work in the medical field and people are released relatively quickly nowadays from the hospital (and the ER). Also, you can appear quite "beat up", especially with facial bruising as that can be quite dramatic, and not have any specific reason to HAVE to be hospitalized. It's shocking how awful people can look and have no broken bones (or nothing major broken) and also have nothing medically considered serious enough to admit them. I have no idea what happened in this case or how she "looked" as far as if obvious she was injured, but in general, JMO it is not all that unusual.

So glad she is alive - hopefully more details will emerge, but if not, I am just glad she is back with her family. Goodnight, all

<modsnip>

This case is more than weird, and I need to stop reading, and wait for something official. I hope.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I've seen reverse ransom mentioned numerous times, can someone explain it to me please?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've seen reverse ransom mentioned numerous times, can someone explain it to me please?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My understanding of the term refers to the fact that allegedly the perpetrators were not demanding the ransom in exchange for her release but instead it was a 3rd party that took it upon themselves to propose that there be a ransom exchange.

Reading an article today that says police will follow up with her in a few days for more information about her abduction?! Hungh? Wouldn't you want to get as much info right away before she forgets? Why no description of the women? Is Barney Fife running the investigation?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

...Sherri's case reminded me of another case I had read years ago where a ruthless serial killer (iirc) had abducted one of his victims but during the time he had her held kidnapped she was able to build up somewhat of a relationship with him and in the end he let her go free...

Snipped. Christopher Wilder did this. The victim who pretended to build a relationship with him helped him abduct two additional victims (one of whom he killed and the other, he attempted to kill.) Wilder may not be who you were remembering. There are probably others who've done something similar.

Posted through Tapatalk

As I said, this is dangerously naive and it's exactly why men will use women to help lure women and children and even men. To literally say "Women don't kidnap other women." is a false statement. Statistically speaking, yes, of course men are almost always the abductor, but women DO kidnap women and even if the woman doesn't do the physical kidnapping, she can certainly lure a victim to men who will.

If you aren't teaching your children to be just as wary of women as men, you're doing them a great disservice. As a woman you should also be very wary of strange women. It would be nice if every predator looked and acted like a predator and "completely off", but they often don't. In the US alone, at least 30% of sex traffickers are female and the number is probably higher worldwide. Unfortunately, women luring children or other women for male partners is also more common than most people like to think. Robbery can be a motivation for women to kidnap other women. Beyond that, I'm assuming you or your family members will travel outside of the United States at some point in your lifetime and could be more of a target as a foreigner.

No one is asking you to live in constant fear, but to completely dismiss women as posing any danger to you or your family is not logical in any way. For people to literally say "Women don't kidnap women" is down right "head in the sand". Being cautious when approached by a strange woman, especially in a vehicle, is smart even if she's not acting completely off. To be as cautious of a woman who appears at your door selling something or asking to use a phone isn't being overly fearful, it's just common sense.

Avoiding the Karla Homlka, Judith Ann Neelley and Charlene Gallego's of the world is a good thing. Along with women who commit robbery and others like Jauna Barraza or Alyssa Bustamante who just enjoy killing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/witw/a...-women-are-found-trafficking-other-women.html

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37573575?client=safari

www.nola.com/articles/19711309/french_quarter_uber_kidnapping.amp?client=safari

www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman...estigation-331144472.html?amp=y?client=safari

I know you're separating women who kidnap little girls from women who kidnap young women or older women but I feel it's worth noting, what women are capable of, in general, before saying its logical to write them off as not posing a threat to your family.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43993012/.../t/video-shows-nancy-garrido-luring-girl-van/

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-girl-snatched-newcastle-primark-8133391.amp?client=safari

http://crimefeed.com/2016/06/stranger-candy-teenager-chyrel-jolls-kidnap-allegedly-murder-children/

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...urdered-an-8-year-old-girl/amp/?client=safari

Thank you for this! The biggest threat I encountered in the mid 1980's was that of a woman my age. I hope I've taught my kids to be wary of situations, regardless of whether there are men or women.

Why does it matter if the kids are in daycare vs. preschool? Every family does things differently. And every child has different needs. Perhaps her kids need more socializing. Perhaps she needed some time to herself. I don't see an issue here.
My post was not an issue of daycare and that she put her kids in daycare. It was about the money. Not everyone gets free programs and free headstart. I was saying IF she had to pay out of their own pocket that could be a luxury for a mom to be able to take her kids to because some families with one income can't afford it.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

My post was not an issue of daycare and that she put her kids in daycare. It was about the money. Not everyone gets free programs and free headstart. I was saying IF she had to pay out of their own pocket that could be a luxury for a mom to be able to take her kids to because some families with one income can't afford it.

I didn't quote you because I was responding to the posts about this in general. I wasn't trying to single anyone out.

A day has passed since I posted my theories yesterday. Nothing has changed...
--I still accept that Sherri really was abducted.
--I still think she was targeted. A random abduction is harder for me to believe.
--I still think the various reasons I posted could be true...retaliation for something Sherri or someone in her inner circle said or did; delivering her to someone obsessed with her; extortion of someone connected to her...and more.
--I still think the family had some knowledge of why she was abducted and possibly by whom or for whom.

I still believe these theories would explain why the family believed she had been abducted and was out of the area and even asked for her flyer to be shared in Mexico. They would explain the relatively brief search and silence by family and LE after awhile, as well as the secret donor/reverse ransom offer. Some of Keith's statements like "I wish I could be with you" would be explained too.

I think it's possible that the reverse ransom was paid. Otherwise, no father would tell his children that their Mommy would be back on Thanksgiving. The secret donor was said by CG to be acquainted with Sherri in some way IIRC.

At this point, I can't wrap my mind around this being a voluntary walk-away by Sherri or a hoax. With the facts we have so far, I think a targeted abduction is the simplest explanation for Sherri's disappearance. I look forward to more information as it trickles out.

And I still hope that Sherri is healing in the loving arms of her family.

I didn't quote you because I was responding to the posts about this in general. I wasn't trying to single anyone out.
I understand. I just wanted to clear up that I wasn't referring that she was a bad person for putting her children in daycare.

Or, her income let her put her kids in daycare for free, or a minimal amount

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

--I still think she was targeted. A random abduction is harder for me to believe.
--I still think the various reasons I posted could be true...retaliation for something Sherri or someone in her inner circle said or did; delivering her to someone obsessed with her; extortion of someone connected to her...and more.
--I still think the family had some knowledge of why she was abducted and possibly by whom or for whom.

I still believe these theories would explain why the family believed she had been abducted and was out of the area and even asked for her flyer to be shared in Mexico. They would explain the relatively brief search and silence by family and LE after awhile, as well as the secret donor/reverse ransom offer. Some of Keith's statements like "I wish I could be with you" would be explained too.

I think it's possible that the reverse ransom was paid. Otherwise, no father would tell his children that their Mommy would be back on Thanksgiving. The secret donor was said by CG to be acquainted with Sherri in some way IIRC.

At this point, I can't wrap my mind around this being a voluntary walk-away by Sherri or a hoax. With the facts we have so far, I think a targeted abduction is the simplest explanation for Sherri's disappearance. I look forward to more information as it trickles out.

He told his kids that Mommy would be home on Thanksgiving?
Missed that, probably because I work retail and it's hard to keep up

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Agree with all of this. I posted something very similar although I'm pretty certain I'll never find it. You explained better than I did.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Sorry to be blunt, but so what? We covered the daycare subject ad nauseum on an earlier thread. Posters were determined to find fault or suspicion in everything Sherri did or posted. I'm not saying that's your intent, but please understand why bringing up daycare and also Pinterest is shot down by many of us. Been there, done that. :) There really isn't anything victim friendly to say about these subjects.

JMO

Rule question; can I post a link to a blog and ask if anyone has been reading/following it? It's a blog someone is writing about this case.

ADMIN NOTE, particularly for newer members.

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW AND FOLLOW THE RULES OF THIS SITE. You can find them linked for your convenience in my signature line.

One of those rules is that Websleuths is a victim friendly site. Aftter you have read the rules, please read the first post on page one of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980