Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule question; can I post a link to a blog and ask if anyone has been reading/following it? It's a blog someone is writing about this case.

A blog is personal opinion and often rumor. We can only post MSM.

I agree! Gavin DeBecker also has a book titled 'Protecting the Gift' both are very good. I bought them years ago and still have them on my bookshelf. I think I'll read them again :)
I am going to read the 2nd one. I was not aware of this!

Interesting story this ... I'm just going to sit back and wait for the truth to come out as it always does ....

Sleuthing family is not allowed. The only "rabbit holes" you are allowed to go down are those that are in accordance with Websleuths Terms of Service.

Sometimes when things look like a duck, they are a duck, such as this abduction case.

The Sheriff has stated publicly on msm that he believes the two hispanic women that held then released Sherri were the initial abductors. The CHP transcripts prove that Sherri was both chained and heavily battered when found.

<modsnip>

And finally, to conjecture that $50k in contributions is the motive for some pre-planned elaborate hoax in an attempt to defraud contributors seems rather desperate. Why should Sherri's family not be allowed to accept donations from generous people that wanted to assist them in their severe time of need, when wages were being lost by the family due to the search efforts, investigative expenses were and are being incurred and medical and psychological treament is being received. The disposition of whatever funds not utilized in this manner has not been made public yet<modsnip>.

:welcome: Redcliff. Thank you for a reasonable, logical and balanced first post.

Sometimes when things look like a duck, they are a duck, such as this abduction case.

The Sheriff has stated publicly on msm that he believes the two hispanic women that held then released Sherri were the initial abductors. The CHP transcripts prove that Sherri was both chained and heavily battered when found.

<modsnip>

And finally, to conjecture that $50k in contributions is the motive for some pre-planned elaborate hoax in an attempt to defraud contributors seems rather desperate. Why should Sherri's family not be allowed to accept donations from generous people that wanted to assist them in their severe time of need, when wages were being lost by the family due to the search efforts, investigative expenses were and are being incurred and medical and psychological treament is being received. The disposition of whatever funds not utilized in this manner has not been made public yet<modsnip>.

The report that she was "heavily battered" stems from LE's immediate observations in the field, in the dark. It appears she was in and out of medical treatment/hospital quickly, and therefore not seriously injured. This together with the circumstances of the release suggest staging to me. I am not saying SP was involving in any staging, just that someone was.

The RR subject is off limits per Silly Billy in post #724.

Thread is closed for the night now and will reopen sometime tomorrow.

:wave:

Okay everyone ... thread is open again.

Remember The Rules, and we're all good to go. :)

:tyou:

Something occurred to me last night as I was reading through all the posts ... maybe she was just dirty, rather than beaten? It's possible ... dirt can look like bruises. Just something to consider.

I think the family should've released a statement rather than send Sheila along to talk to the media - her doing so just confused things even more.

All MOO of course.

Any updates? They sometimes do Sunday pressers I think.

There don't appear to be ... just an article in the LA Times reporting what we already know from the dispatch records. It's good that the media are continuing to report on this story - even if there isn't any new news - as it keeps the case in front of peoples' minds.

MOO, of course.

Something occurred to me last night as I was reading through all the posts ... maybe she was just dirty, rather than beaten? It's possible ... dirt can look like bruises. Just something to consider.

I think the family should've released a statement rather than send Sheila along to talk to the media - her doing so just confused things even more.

All MOO of course.

She had injuries according to the Sheriff at the press conference, we just don't know what kind of injuries they were because he declined to give details.

ETA: We know the injuries were non-life threatening. That could be a lot of things. But she did have injuries.

The newspaper spoke to Giacalone and Danny Defenbaugh, a former Dallas FBI director who led the task force that investigated the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and has expertise in hostage situations, to ask about the prevalence of cases in which captors release their victims and how those victims respond when they return home.
In Giacalone’s experience, it is a rarity for a victim to be released, and he was upfront that the story so far does not add up.

"To attack somebody, kidnap them, tie them up, take them 150 miles and then leave them on the side of the road, it just doesn't make any sense to me," he said.

But Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said his investigators have no reason to doubt Papini's story. They and their counterparts in Yolo County are combing surveillance videos and traffic cameras to identify the perpetrators, he said.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2016/11/25/security-experts-on-sherri-papini-case/94446638/

Above anything else, there's a fair bit of information about what will most probably happen next in the investigation and what LE will be looking at.

She could be in a gang, for all we know, or could have relatives who are in a gang. There are white gangs in Redding with female members, such as PENI. ,

http://archive.adl.org/nr/exeres/59...a2-02cd-43af-8147-649e26813571,frameless.html

Anything is possible, and I hope LE look uncover every single stone.

As an aside, does anyone know whether it was the family that brought in that investigator, or was it someone else / the investigator working off his own bat?

All MOO of course.

I wondered about that too. the "heavily battered" comment came from an LE official on scene. By my experience there is no shortage of lighting when even one car is right there.Flashing lights and spotlights and flashlights to boot.

I think they know what they saw, IMO.

:cow:

Yes, I get that and I'm not doubting you heard it. I'm doubting that it was relayed in the proper perspective. She obviously was NOT chained to something presently when found. The witness said she was waving a "flag" hopping on the side of the road...she wasn't chained to anything when found. The witness saw both of her hands in the air waving a piece of material (so obviously they weren't chained to anything) and her feet were not bound (so obviously not chained to anything) that's all I'm saying...what is said in the initial rush and sighting and what has really occurred gets messed up quite a bit.

When I first heard the report I visualized her chained to a tree or post. I think it was more like a ball and chain. Chained to something she could pick up or drag around. The CHP officer probably didn't recognized the item she was chained to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms