Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand besides my first 20 questions about this entire case, is why haven't the police, FBI or the family come out to the media asking for any drivers that may have been driving from 3am-4:30am who could have possibly seen anything! Begging for help from the public to please think back! I sadly still can't wrap my head around all this...... this may be an episode for black mirror.

It makes me think her abductors were quite familiar with the area.
I have no idea what she was chained to, but if it was something that was on the side of the road how would they find it in the dark? (Unless it was a road sign or something )
They chose a place where they knew there were no cameras.
Hopefully a passerby noticed the vehicle there at some point before her release.
Do many people in that area have dash cams in their cars?

Maybe somebody owed some unsavory people some serious money. You never know. Maybe the "ransom" offer was a way to pay it off and get her back without revealing that. So, LE didn't lie, it wasn't ransom. Maybe... just an idea.
Not a bad theory. I am going to wildly speculate, so mods, delete if inappropriate. Perhaps she was taken as a message to a family member. That could explain much of the craziness. Maybe they never expected the offered ransom to be collected but it was offered up as proof that money was available, perhaps for a debt of some sort. Kind of a "look what we can do if you cross us" by the abductors and acknowledgement by the family that the message was clear.

Now the money can be paid, except that LE might screw that kind of potential cash exchange up.

SP might be too frightened to actually say who grabbed her and why.

JMO, which clearly was wrong on this case.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

One report was provided by a dispatcher who gives other members of LE the information from people who call in.

One report was provided by a person who called in.

I would say they have equal chance of being accurate.
The dispatcher received information from CHP. CHP was on scene. What makes you think the dispatcher provided erroneous information? I know it's possible for a mistake to be made. But I'm willing to give the dispatcher the benefit of the doubt. In his press conference, the sheriff, several hours after Sherri was found, also said Sherri had received injuries. Sherri was also treated at a hospital. To me, it all lends credence to the dispatcher not the motorist. But that's just me.

The dispatcher did not "mention" that she "may" be badly beaten. She was relaying exactly what was told to her by the CHP who was actually on the scene.

And yes, it is complete speculation on my part that perhaps she didn't want to see her kids right away for fear her appearance might scare them. Hence, my careful use of the qualifier "may", twice.

Only time will tell for all our wondering I'm sure. I'm not trying to argue by the way. I just thought maybe we should be taking our cues from the information released to the public by confirmed sources, that was all. I didn't think it was right to claim the beating was either true or false without it having been confirmed either way. Which it wasn't in the presser - The sheriff said he wouldn't discuss the injuries she had.

But we will leave it there; I wasn't trying to get into a debate :)

My post was in reply to gitana who initially asked the question. I referenced what the Sheriff stated in the interview (that I linked up thread) and he said in that interview that there were 2 hispanic women armed with a handgun who abducted her and one captor dropped her off on the side of the road.

I was in general clarifying that it has also been said that the captors may of been hispanic. This leaves room for them to perhaps be another race. I think it's important.

ETA: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...hree-wee-long-disappearance-article-1.2887347

I wondered if the arrest in Anderson on Monday is connected to SP's release. If the report of the 2 women is correct, I still suspect there are more people involved. With the attention SP's case had garnered, the abductors may have realized LE was hot on their trail with Acosta's arrest. If the reported sighting in Anderson on the 12th was SP, she could've been heavily drugged. It is very common for traffickers to drug (and beat) their victims into submission within the first few weeks to break them. This could also explain why she didn't see her children right away (though physically and emotionally, the delay is completely understandable). The Shasta Co. Sheriff logs showed they had a 12 hour day on the case after receiving the call she'd been found, which also must've been taxing on SP.

Acosta was found to have outstanding arrest warrants in Tehama and Colusa Counties, and police said they found him in possession of a deadly weapon, meth, marijuana for sales, and other drug-related items.
In approximately the last week, police said at least two female victims reported being followed by a "weird" man. One of the victims reported being followed from the Anderson Walmart to the Factory Outlets; the other victim reported being followed and chased through Anderson and through the McDonald's restaurant. They said surveillance video of the Walmart and McDonald's helped find the suspect.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/man-arrested-after-alleged-stalking-in-anderson/178197969

It's one of two things as I see it. Either the 'abductors' are known to the family and they released her to avoid being arrested based on the family 'reward' scenario (which is unlikey to end well for them anyway). Or, someone decided she was too 'hot' to keep around and the woman who let her go decided at the last minute not to kill her and dumped her on the road. If its the second case, SP is very dangerous to them now alive. If it is trafficking, I can't see them letting her go alive

No mention of a blindfold while she was by the road flagging down help. The woman did say she looked scared though.

How do you suppose the kidnapper made sure she couldn't see her while she was dropping her off?

Just trying to picture the scene/sequence of events.

No mention of a blindfold while she was by the road flagging down help. The woman did say she looked scared though.

How do you suppose the kidnapper made sure she couldn't see her while she was dropping her off?

She (the driver) was wearing a mask?

Maybe the white thing (thought to be a shirt by the driver) that Sherri was waving was over her face when they dropped her off?

The dispatcher received information from CHP. CHP was on scene. What makes you think the dispatcher provided erroneous information? I know it's possible for a mistake to be made. But I'm willing to give the dispatcher the benefit of the doubt. In his press conference, the sheriff, several hours after Sherri was found, also said Sherri had received injuries. Sherri was also treated at a hospital. To me, it all lends credence to the dispatcher not the motorist. But that's just me.

I really wasn't trying to debate that she had or hadn't been beaten! I was trying to suggest we don't state either as fact as neither piece of information has been released as fact.

I meant it's subjective which report you choose to believe; that paper saying it's been privy to a police report, or the witness.

Apologies; it wasn't meant to turn into such a debate.

Well, then there's the issue of housing another human being alive, for 3 weeks. I mean, logistically, that's a nightmare. Even if you are very rural, private property, etc. Can you imagine trying to keep a hostage for THREE WEEKS? When you really start to think about it, it's just crazy. There's more to this story. There has to be a personal connection somewhere. It's really a miracle she's alive and home with her family. I hope they are able to heal from all of this.
BBM

Yep, three weeks, where she couldn't see her captors, so must of been blindfolded, how many bathroom trips, feedings, hygiene needs, most likely had her period in this time, clothing changes, making sure she wasn't trying to escape? Right. All the while not seeing your captors, boy they were dedicated abductioners. I can barely deal with self sufficient relatives for 3 days.

Where is the motive????? Why?

Wouldn't the reward go to the person that stopped for her on the road or called LE about finding a missing woman?

Or was it too late since the Wednesday deadline was missed by 4 1/2 hours?

Could ask Cameron Gamble.....if we ever see or hear of him again.

What I don't understand besides my first 20 questions about this entire case, is why haven't the police, FBI or the family come out to the media asking for any drivers that may have been driving from 3am-4:30am who could have possibly seen anything! Begging for help from the public to please think back! I sadly still can't wrap my head around all this...... this may be an episode for black mirror.

If this was a ransom kidnapping, and the family brought in negotiator (who appears to have done his job) then as a family, I would like all the publicity to go away as well. These people know where they live. I'd start packing up and leave town....if it were me or my family.

Several of my comments have vanished.

I will now tread lightly.
1480192589256-696510299001.jpg

I've not seen anything stating that her feet or legs were NOT bound, so I'm sticking to what has been reported by LE at this time. The drive by witness said she was going freeway speed (so visual inspection of battering is questionable), but was close to the road. If I were "free", I would've been in the middle of the road.

Yes, I get that and I'm not doubting you heard it. I'm doubting that it was relayed in the proper perspective. She obviously was NOT chained to something presently when found. The witness said she was waving a "flag" hopping on the side of the road...she wasn't chained to anything when found. The witness saw both of her hands in the air waving a piece of material (so obviously they weren't chained to anything) and her feet were not bound (so obviously not chained to anything) that's all I'm saying...what is said in the initial rush and sighting and what has really occurred gets messed up quite a bit.

Maybe somebody owed some unsavory people some serious money. You never know. Maybe the "ransom" offer was a way to pay it off and get her back without revealing that. So, LE didn't lie, it wasn't ransom. Maybe... just an idea.

Wasn't that the basic premise of Fargo? (Although in that case William H Macy was the husband and had his wife kidnapped to get ransom money from her father.) For the record, I don't think SP's husband knew a thing, IMO. He passed an LDT. However, it's possible that he was given more info as the investigation continued that led him to believe that his wife would be returned--or return--shortly. He seemed so terribly broken up. I feel for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member