GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot with this woman. The way she ran out when she was released, clutching the women and putting her victim card on display-the contrast between frenzied harried Sherri and confident Barry Morphew strutting to and from the courthouse for his hearings, smiling and handholding with his daughters, is striking. Hope somebody bought bananas and apples for dinner.

Nope. The defense said wearing a monitor would be too stressful given her C-PTSD (Complex post-traumatic stress disorder) after she faked her abduction. :rolleyes:
A relative is on 100% VA disability for PTSD. Guess how she got PTSD? Going to jail for shooting someone. As a civilian. Decades after her military service.
So I'm just waiting for THAT particular show to drop.

I am stunned she got bail! And not even GPS because of alleged C-PTSD from an event that never even happened? WTH??

I just can't with the poor wilted flower, staggering out of court, apparently weak from hunger.

She is not a victim of anything except her own self.

How many people are actually missing persons in her community? All those resources, wasted on this charade from a mean girl with fresh highlights and a scheme in her heart.

moo

I live in Sacramento and drive past the downtown jail frequently. Hilarious that they parked so far away when there are usually plenty of spots with 100’ of the jail entrance. Family could
Have also simply pulled up 10’ from the door and had her get into the car - no one was pushing her out the door unexpectantly. To me, that looked like a planned “run from the paparazzi” to highlight how she is being hounded and is under stress. Ridiculous.

Maybe it's because I have had issues with so many mean girls in my life.
I take immense pleasure in this one being caught out.

Yep. Although she's bringing the crazy to mix in with the mean in a whole new sly, unpleasant cocktail, whilst doing for #SuperMum what Elizabeth Holmes did for #GirlBoss. I wonder if this ever gets to a trial, given the strength and detail of the case against her, or if the family tries to bail her out yet again by making good the cash she (along with her husband) stole via VCF and GF-Me.

No more mileage in playing the brave kidnapping victim for Sherri. Now it's Princess Grace dashing to her car whilst the hyenas of the press snap away. How long until we see her doing the rounds on the tabloid shows weepily sharing "her truth?"

All kinds of schadenfreude to go round in this one.

Last edited:
This (no contact with KP) should be of no surprise.

In most state courts, there's a mandatory court order issued to protect Victims and Witnesses -- even if the parties don't want the order or believe the order unnecessary. I think it's likely there's a similar federal statute applicable.

The automatic “mandatory restraining order” is generally in effect from when the defendant is advised of rights at arraignment to the final disposition of any appeal.

The mandatory order is intended to protect the victims/witnesses, where the defendant is automatically restrained from harassing, molesting, intimidating, retaliating against, or tampering with any witness to or victim of the acts charged.

Since violation of this mandatory restraining order can result in separate criminal charges, the order does not always prohibit contact with the husband or the children, for example.

Take note the mandatory court order referenced above is not to be confused with bail conditions imposed on the defendant for release. Bail conditions often include no contact protection orders requested by others and granted by the Court.

IMO, whether KP was named in a mandatory protection order or condition of bond release, I believe it's clear that KP also does not want contact with the defendant here.

For discussion purposes, OP cited § 18-1-1001, C.R.S. (Colorado).

Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97
the hmmm is because we werent sure whether they were still together. i guess we still arent, but it doesnt seem like it.

I live in Sacramento and drive past the downtown jail frequently. Hilarious that they parked so far away when there are usually plenty of spots with 100’ of the jail entrance. Family could
Have also simply pulled up 10’ from the door and had her get into the car - no one was pushing her out the door unexpectantly. To me, that looked like a planned “run from the paparazzi” to highlight how she is being hounded and is under stress. Ridiculous.

Probably. But to be fair, tons of press were already there. Probably parked in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper