GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gardenista Thanks for your link to People magazine. FWIW, quotes from "close family member."

Re Papini's Thanksgiving 2016 return:
"We were so relieved," a close family member tells PEOPLE about Papini's recovery. "It was the outcome we had hoped for."

After arrest:
"I was there for her, and I would've given her the shirt off my back... And now I understand that everything was just a joke. I feel betrayed."
Despite the apparent betrayal, family members don't necessarily feel that a long jail sentence will be good for Papini.

"They have two beautiful, sweet children and this breaks my heart," says the relative. "She needs help — mental help."
bbm sbm

Last edited:
As I seem to faintly recall that he, Sheriff Tom Bosenko believed Sherri's story, by questioning at the time, "who would brand themselves"? Well, Sheriff Bosenko, Sherri P would not wince over a tattooed phrase.

~ Sherri's former (boy)friend burned that phrase into her shoulder.
"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Sunday. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."
Police: 'No Reason to Disbelieve' Sherri Papini's Story, Investigating Past Activities

Much as I'd like to see the woman behind bars, I think mental health treatment is more appropriate. Just don't know if it will do any good (for instance, if she has a personality disorder). I figure the judge will give her the benefit of the doubt and recommend probation and mental health treatment.

SMH-if KP had half a brain he would cut his loses now, her family seems to support her BS-let her go be their problem.
ITA. With SP’s actions, she made a complete fool of not only herself, but her family. It is what it is, can’t roll back time. If nothing else, she should acknowledge her wicked ways and make a public apology.
I will hold my breath.

Much as I'd like to see the woman behind bars, I think mental health treatment is more appropriate. Just don't know if it will do any good (for instance, if she has a personality disorder). I figure the judge will give her the benefit of the doubt and recommend probation and mental health treatment.

As with any person who lies to federal officers, she should get the punishment that the law allows. We have people like Martha Stewart and Jussie Smollett who lied and used resources. This woman deserves jail time like anyone else. She can serve her time and then get help. JMHO.

She’s been in how many year of “PTSD” therapy now? Meds aren’t going to fix her. Though maybe a more nuanced therapy for people with personality disorders, like DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) could be helpful.

It seems like she has gotten away with her lying and accusations for so long without real repercussions. Wondering if a little bit of jail time might be needed?

JMO, MOO

@Gardenista Thanks for your link to People magazine. FWIW, quotes from "close family member."

Re Papini's Thanksgiving 2016 return:
"We were so relieved," a close family member tells PEOPLE about Papini's recovery. "It was the outcome we had hoped for."

After arrest:
"I was there for her, and I would've given her the shirt off my back... And now I understand that everything was just a joke. I feel betrayed."
Despite the apparent betrayal, family members don't necessarily feel that a long jail sentence will be good for Papini.

"They have two beautiful, sweet children and this breaks my heart," says the relative. "She needs help — mental help."
bbm sbm
I didn’t realize her bond was 120,000. That seems huge for a nonviolent crime. Then again I know nothing about bonds and such.
And yes, she very likely needs mental help, but so do many criminals in our jails and prisons… some who are there for years…. who never get that help. They are simply dismissed and ignored as insignificant or whatever.
It’s really quite disturbing, our justice system , when it comes to those who suffer from clinical depression or other types of mental illness. It needs a serious overhaul. IMO

She’s been in how many year of “PTSD” therapy now? Meds aren’t going to fix her. Though maybe a more nuanced therapy for people with personality disorders, like DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) could be helpful.

It seems like she has gotten away with her lying and accusations for so long without real repercussions. Wondering if a little bit of jail time might be needed?

JMO, MOO

I believe you are right about the jail time -- if the Judge will agree. That would probably make her straighten up and fly right. However, I can just envision all the glowing letters attesting to her "beyond reproach" character ("Super Mom", "Wonder Wife", "Uber 5K Competitor", etc., ad nauseam). It is California, after all.

I believe you are right about the jail time -- if the Judge will agree. That would probably make her straighten up and fly right. However, I can just envision all the glowing letters attesting to her "beyond reproach" character ("Super Mom", "Wonder Wife", "Uber 5K Competitor", etc., ad nauseam). It is California, after all.

:mad::mad:

She's 39 yrs old and has never learned that there are repercussions for her actions. She's lied, not just for herself, but lied to cause trouble for others. She's hurt people, not just Hispanics, although they got the worst of it, but the community in general who had to live in fear for years because of her 'joke'. She hurt her family who were sick with worry for weeks, and most of all she traumatized her children because they were so little and didn't know where their mom was for weeks. She took money from people who were good enough to donate to help find her and STOLE money from a victim's fund when she knew she wasn't a victim. She took time and effort away from another woman who went missing the same day. She's taken so much and not paid any consequences. She's the lowest of the low.

Her family would have been doing her a favor if they had not paid her bail and let her sit in jail. That could have been lesson #1 in realizing there are consequences for the bad choices we make in life. But no---they paid it and she's learned nothing and never will.

Jail time is in order.

The sheriff said "I was chief at the neighboring agency in South County here."

There is no "South County" in California. I wonder if he meant to say that he worked in a county south of Shasta County?
Edit to add. I see it posted that he worked in the Anderson PD in Shasta County.

Sherri Papini released from jail
I think he meant what you said. I know here in the Bay Area we refer to ssf as south city. It’s probably slang.

I think he meant what you said. I know here in the Bay Area we refer to ssf as south city. It’s probably slang.
Ya it's probably some local term used in Shasta County.

He should have just stated where he worked when this case started instead of the "South County" description that left much to be desired. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper