GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, Michael Johnson was appointed as Shasta County Sheriff in August, 2021. He was previously the Police Chief for the Anderson PD, a neighboring city.
The Sheriff at the time the case started was Tom Bosenko.

Yes. I think neighboring counties/cities were a little involved but he wouldn’t need to be that “live and breathe“ involved. And the Feds are prosecuting

Last edited:
She’ll probably insist on testifying, as narcissists are prone to do, which will be entertaining, but hopefully fatal to her defense.

Ugh. I wouldn’t be able to stand it. I will never get over Jodi Arias having the right to stalk back and forth in front of the jury, insisting she was a domestic violence victim, parading a shirt for victims and badmouthing the real victim, a dead man who couldn’t defend himself and whose family had to sit there and suffer the indignity of his reputation being besmirched after he was murdered. It was loathsome. So cruel.

I remember feeling alarmed when she first went missing, and gradually getting sus at time went on. The facts surrounding her "captivity and release" were so strange, and her history of lies were compelling. I'm glad she has been charged. I'd be really interested to know what her future holds.

She’ll probably insist on testifying, as narcissists are prone to do, which will be entertaining, but hopefully fatal to her defense.
What's her defense going to be? Any guesses.

I wouldn't be surprised if she claims the ex boyfriend actually did kidnap her and hold her hostage. Good thing he came clean with investigators and got his story out first. Her DNA is all over his home and in his car. Plus, he did board up the bedroom windows (per her request) and brand her (also per her request), so she might try to go that route.

The only other thing I can think of is going the route of Dalia Dippolito, who was caught on camera trying to hire a hit man to kill her husband. When confronted with the footage, she claimed it was just an act and she was trying to get a reality show.

Her best bet would be to just come clean. More lies from her might get her an even stiffer sentence than she's going to hopefully get.

Much as I'd like to see the woman behind bars, I think mental health treatment is more appropriate. Just don't know if it will do any good (for instance, if she has a personality disorder). I figure the judge will give her the benefit of the doubt and recommend probation and mental health treatment.

I think all prisoners who need it should have access to mental health treatment during incarceration where needed, not just for their benefit but for the benefit of society once they get out. (yes I realize that isn't always helpful) In SP's case, I do think jail time is in order as well though, or some kind of confinement. Not just probation, community work or similar! And yes, a fine that she should have to commit to working towards paying back!

I'm glad I didn't follow this case closely in 2016!

I don't think it will go to trial. I think SP can finally exclude her husband from the details and let her attorney negotiate a plea deal for her where she will not have to face her family, friends, or the public during a criminal trial.

We know that SP has long been an enemy to the truth -- they are not compatible whatsoever!

And another long history with self-harming while blaming others for the injury.

Reportedly, when SP was about age 21, her mother contacted police seeking advice about her daughter that was allegedly self-harming and blaming the wounds on her mother.

IMO, a person with the traits described as SP, she'd need attention to the degree the rest of us need air to breathe.

In November 2016, working on handcraft Christmas gifts-- I think SP desperately wanted a windfall that would allow her to pay down her debt so she could start using her charge cards again!

I have no idea what Best Buy electronic installers bring home but I think paying for the lifestyle depicted on social media, daycare for two kids, and the recent breast augmentation, probably had them maxed out.

According to the Complaint, the $49K+ generated on their Get Money page was used mostly to pay their credit cards.

So returning home from her fake abduction to also have a new and ready source to fund multiple sessions of therapy each month (since 2016), this was truly the gift that kept on giving! Seriously, we're talking some dedicated, committed, attention from a therapist where the topic is 100% SP! I'm curious if she had both male and female providers.

Regarding her relationship with KP (husband), a lot of history there too. I recall him stating that SP was his first kiss--I think in middle school!

Having known each other for decades, it seems to me that the couple really couldn't have many secrets from each other. Unlike the teen attending camp where SP was a camp counselor, she couldn't exactly tell KP that she was a Pro Surfer because he'd know this to a complete fabrication!

I think wanting to reinvent herself as somebody she clearly was not, somewhat explains why she constantly sought out other men and had so many affairs.

I think she held steadfast to the abduction farce for better than 6 years because it provided her the best of both worlds: SP got to mother her children, remain KP's bride-- a guy that can't see past the lies or accepts them, and dutifully provides for her.

MOO

Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Much as I'd like to see the woman behind bars, I think mental health treatment is more appropriate. Just don't know if it will do any good (for instance, if she has a personality disorder). I figure the judge will give her the benefit of the doubt and recommend probation and mental health treatment.

Sherri was “therapy” courtesy of California taxpayers for years. Years.

I want to know if she continued the kidnapping ruse with her therapist. To pull another one over. To be emboldened. To get another one off, this time with a licensed therapist!

And did the therapist fall for it?

She’s been doing these fake victimhood assertions for decades!

My heart breaks for her 2 kids. What victimhood tales has she spun to them? She needs to be removed from them!

She needs to be in prison. I don’t think extreme decades-long personality disorders can be fixed by outpatient “therapy.”

Or even at all when there are kids/ex husband involved.

What do you do with a mentally ill adult? I do blame the family for coming out and saying all along that she was Super Mom, would never leave her kids, even now blaming LE rather than trying to get her the help she needs. Family counseling should have been in there somewhere cause none of it made sense from the beginning. You don’t encourage this type of behavior. You try to help.

The caption should read ''Sherri and her enablers''

She's been a liar and a drama queen her whole life and no one tells her 'enough'.

She'll never change.
Yeah, I don't get how any family members or friends are sticking by her. Imagine the constant drama she causes with her everyday lies, on top of this kidnapping drama.

What do you do with a mentally ill adult? I do blame the family for coming out and saying all along that she was Super Mom, would never leave her kids, even now blaming LE rather than trying to get her the help she needs. Family counseling should have been in there somewhere cause none of it made sense from the beginning. You don’t encourage this type of behavior. You try to help.
Denial is more than just a river in Egypt. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler