GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lol, how about her “signature” move of putting her knees up to her chest when confronted with the truth. I think the detective described it as making herself small. I’d add also to look vulnerable. I wonder if she practiced it?
She is just so used to being accommodated (likely based on her “pretty, white” self) that she never imagined there were men who wouldn’t buy her act.

To clarify….. I used “white” and “pretty” bc those are adjectives SP would use to describe herself (gag) and would think they held value. She is trash.

In the Reyes interview, there was an interlude when the detectives were talking with a woman who, I guess, just happened into the scene. Some friend of Reyes who had a husband that dated Papini back in the day.

Anyway, the woman mentioned a $20,000 engagement ring that either her husband or Reyes had given Papini in earlier days.
Papini didn't return it when the relationship broke.

Did I hear that correctly - $20,000???
Phew! None of these people are affluent, if I understand correctly.
And, Papini ran with the ring as fast as she could.
That tells me a lot!

(reminds me of my ex-wife, actually...).

Last edited:
In the Reyes interview, there was an interlude when the detectives were talking with a woman who, I guess, just happened into the scene. Some friend of Reyes who had a husband that dated Papini back in the day.

Anyway, the woman mentioned a $20,000 engagement ring that either her husband or Reyes had given Papini in earlier days.
Papini didn't return it when the relationship broke.

Did I hear that correctly - $20,000???
Phew! None of these people are affluent, if I understand correctly.
And, Papini ran with the ring as fast as she could.
That tells me a lot!

(reminds me of my ex-wife, actually...).
Woah! $20,000?! Well if that’s true that says a lot… not that I’m surprised (that she’s like that).

Such a shame that Sherri and Lori V D won't be sharing a cell - they could have talked about their signature blonde tresses for hours!

I suggested this upthread. Probably plenty of us here thought of it.

Great headline for April Fool's Day, imho: Goddess & Hoaxstress to Share Cell!

Neither displayed any concern for their children. Pity the corrections officers should this dream come true!

jmho ymmv lrr

Imo, Keith did it exactly right. He asked the investigators immediately what he needed to do to insure that his children would be kept away from that woman. He put aside his own hurt and shock and instead thought about the well-being of his kids.

Something that SP never did or apparently even considered. SP is all about SP. Gross.

I truly hope the family courts do the right thing and keep her away from those kids. Any person sick enough to do what she did is at high risk, IMO, of harming her kids for attention. Or of harming them due to exposure to her dramatic antics.

She should have supervised visits only. Permanently.

I've been watching Keith's polygraph. I am so annoyed for him! I watch toooons of full interrogations, many which include polygraph tests. I have never seen any that ask questions like these! He is acting like normal behavior is the behavior of a psychopath (have you ever lied to keep from getting in trouble). It is no wonder his test was reported to be inconclusive!! Those questions were not about Sherri or the disappearance. They were horrible questions. I feel really sorry for him. He has been shafted at every turn.

Can someone link or message me the site that was found to be linked with Sherri where she shares her crazy beliefs?

The second interview with the liar is out. This one is the most interesting. Keith actually saw a similar blog to the one we all talked about and confronted her before they were married. She lied and said it wasn’t her. She said she didn’t have MySpace. And he says yeah it wa ps on MySpace. The police know she’s lying because she said i wasn’t perfect before all this then denied it was her. They knew!

It's obvious that the detectives are stringing Sheri along, letting her hang herself.

If I was the interrogator and heard her repeatedly say "I feel like...." to all of the substantial, direct questions, at some point I would have given her some blowback. But the detectives played it really cool. Kudos.

Sheri wanted to put herself in the best light and do everything consistent with being the victim, but at some point it becomes mindboggling that they didn't ask for legal representation. It's so great that she backed herself into her corner.

She is very severely psychologically disturbed.
Obvious to even Keith who wondered about the safety of his children, reasonably.

Makes you wonder how the "supermom" narrative developed.

Keith's second interrogation is out. They inform him she was talking to other guys and saying she was scared of Keith. I feel pride in just how tuned in the detective was! He knew. And yes. They were giving her the rope to hang herself. Also, Keith was aware that she does crazy things when she wants others to feel bad for her!

Poor Keith. I am glad these have been released. She truly tried to destroy him! She could have gotten him killed and he went through so much. I hope he finds peace and happiness away from her.

Keith's second interrogation is out. They inform him she was talking to other guys and saying she was scared of Keith. I feel pride in just how tuned in the detective was! He knew. And yes. They were giving her the rope to hang herself. Also, Keith was aware that she does crazy things when she wants others to feel bad for her!

Poor Keith. I am glad these have been released. She truly tried to destroy him! She could have gotten him killed and he went through so much. I hope he finds peace and happiness away from her.
Although LE invested significant time and resources, I don't think it was as much of a waste as portrayed. Here, LE identified and incarcerated a dangerous person before she inflicted real damage. Her magnitude of damage was escalating. I agree with mpola - Keith was lucky, as would be future Keiths. The jig is up on Ms. Sheri.

I thought the lady psychologist explaining her behavior as the story progressed was the best part. Probably because 99% of my interest in true crime is seeking to understand humans and why they do things.
That said - Sherri saying she intentionally pulled out her hair and "left it as a clue" should have made the hubs suspicious right then and there.

Yes I so agree, poor Keith was just as much a victim as Shari's children.

Lifetime is making a true crime movie on it called ‘Hoax: The Kidnapping of Sherri Papini’. The case's actual details were unearthed six years later when a deacon in the sheriff’s church was asked about the Bible verse tattooed on Sherri Panini’s shoulder. The deacon stated, "And so I told him it's Exodus 21:16, and it says something to the effect of 'if anyone has kidnapped someone, they should be put to death'." The verse inked onto Sherri's shoulder raised even more suspicions — it seemed like a bizarre coincidence that she would have this verse tattooed on her body, especially after claiming to have been kidnapped by two women. So the sheriff decided to investigate her story.

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 27 (UPI) -- Jaime King plays Sherri Papini, who was convicted in 2022 of faking her own kidnapping in 2016 in the Lifetime movie, Sherri Papini: I Kidnapped Myself, premiering Saturday at 8 p.m. EST on Lifetime.

King said she felt media coverage of Papini's case neglected to examine Papini's mental health issues and abusive past. The film shows Keith Pappini (Matt Hamilton) describing Sherri's anxiety, saying she cried when overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Lifetime is making a true crime movie on it called ‘Hoax: The Kidnapping of Sherri Papini’. The case's actual details were unearthed six years later when a deacon in the sheriff’s church was asked about the Bible verse tattooed on Sherri Panini’s shoulder. The deacon stated, "And so I told him it's Exodus 21:16, and it says something to the effect of 'if anyone has kidnapped someone, they should be put to death'." The verse inked onto Sherri's shoulder raised even more suspicions — it seemed like a bizarre coincidence that she would have this verse tattooed on her body, especially after claiming to have been kidnapped by two women. So the sheriff decided to investigate her story.

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 27 (UPI) -- Jaime King plays Sherri Papini, who was convicted in 2022 of faking her own kidnapping in 2016 in the Lifetime movie, Sherri Papini: I Kidnapped Myself, premiering Saturday at 8 p.m. EST on Lifetime.

King said she felt media coverage of Papini's case neglected to examine Papini's mental health issues and abusive past. The film shows Keith Pappini (Matt Hamilton) describing Sherri's anxiety, saying she cried when overwhelmed.

I will make sure not to watch it- she makes me sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back