Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but I can't resist: do girls still use a regular iron to flat-iron their hair or are there now some sort of special hair appliances to do it?

When I was growing up (late 60s), it was the regular iron and ironing board!

When my 23 year old DD out last December I found about three flat irons for hair.,It is like a mouth that opens and you put the hair between.
My daughter already,has,straight blonde hair...but found this a very necessary appliance Go figure! LOL

It's common for LE to cover all the possibilities at once in high profile cases.

I doubt anyone in LE really, truly believes Sierra is voluntarily missing at this point but it is within the realm of possibility. So they try to cover all the possibilities in public statements.

If you followed the Kyron Horman case, for instance, LE statements followed the same pattern: publicly allowing that Kyron may be alive while doing water searches (no one expects to pull a live victim out of the water under such conditions).

Hope for the best....be prepared for the worst.:please:

@katydid23 - Your post triggered a thought. You are right. This Perp is organized, and if he folded the clothes found in the bag, it suggest retentive or compulsive behaviour, given the circumstances. Meaning, neatly folded clothes aren't unusual, but if we overlay the thought the Perp did it, then it takes on a different meaning. I was dwelling on what type of person is retentive, perfectionist, ritualistic. For some reason the word MILITARY comes to mind. I wonder if there is anyone living or working near her home who was dishonorably discharged from the military? I don't know why this comes to mind, but it does strongly.

thanks, Roses!
I have thought of this, and it was discussed in the threads about 2 Weeks into the investigation
I have not ruled this out completely, yet.

Good afternoon (3:45pm my time). I'm joining this conversation after lurking for a week or so. I live in San Jose and my sister and I have been obsessing over this case since the beginning. I told her that I wish we could just sit with a bunch of people and talk about it. Then, I stumbled upon this website and it's the answer! Now I can.

Although, I live in San Jose, I love Morgan Hill more than words can say. It's my town. My sister lived there for five years (now in Gilroy) and I got the chance to fall in love with it and, if I could convince my family, I'd move there in a heartbeat. It's beautiful.

This case is heartbreaking, for me, only many levels. When I heard, I was like "really? In my sleepy Morgan Hill?"

At this point, after reading so many of the threads, I don't think there is anything new I can add, except to say that in 2009 there was a female jogger that was attacked and raped in Morgan Hill in the early morning hours. It was very shocking at the time for me, because once again, I was like, "really? In Morgan Hill?" It made me so sad because anyone would feel comfortable jogging there in early morning. That's the kind of town it is.

I'm mentioning it because I haven't seen anything else about it in regards to the chance that it could be somehow related to SL. I know that it was a while back and the circumstances, besides being in the early morning, are not the same. For those of who don't know Morgan Hill, it made the news because it is news. Things like that don't happen every day there. It was so violent and out of the ordinary that the whole town was shocked.

Just wanted to post a link to the story and another one that happened later where they thought it could be related. I haven't seen the police sketch that was supposed to have been made by the victim, but at this point, it could be an interesting comparison.

Thanks for letting me join this wonderful forum!

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=7173358

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/attempted-sexual-assault-puts-south-bay-on-alert/nKT86/

thanks for the insider info.
and WELCOME!!!

OT: how does someone get a thread started? just read this on the local news http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...lice-search-for-missing-holly-hill-woman.html
thanks
Oh, no! Another woman is missing from the Ridgewood Ave corridor in Daytona Beach. I'll start a thread, blondie. Thanks for the heads up. We also have a thread for this topic in the serial killer forum.

FL Daytona Beach Serial Killer (Ridgwood Ave corridor) *UNSOLVED* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think occult stuff should be in a category similar to psychics (no offense to psychics) as far as we're concerned.

But if she was going to School that morning wouldn't she have packed her Asthma inhaler? Her asthma can't be that bad if she leaves her inhaler at home all the time.. I'm starting to think she didn't even leave for school that morning something happened to her in that house..

BBM

IMO, if Sierra had packed the Juicy bag, I think she would have packed her asthma inhaler. Her mother expressed worry that she didn't have it, so I'm inclined to believe that she needed it with her at all times, and I'm also inclined to believe that the inhaler was found in the home.

If Sierra always took her charger with her...why didn't she take it that morning? Does this mean she did not leave home under her own power? I'm not sure I understand what her mom meant when noticed the charger was not taken. She said that means Sierra did not run away, if I remember correctly, yet at another point she indicated that she was convinced Sierra made it to the bus stop, due to the scent dogs (?). So either way...why would the charger being there indicate anything in particular? She either forgot to take it, or did not leave the home willingly, IMO...just confused, as with the inhaler too.

I know this is garbled but either/both items left behind does not prove anything really-it just points to either forgetting them, or Sierra being removed from the home, not leaving on her own.

I guess if she routinely packed a charger and sometimes needed an inhaler, it would stand to reason those would be in the bag if a change of clothes would be, if she anticipated needing clothes, she'd definitely want her charger too.

Yes right that carp doesn't belong here.. talk about Rantings of a madman.. dude says sierras heart was given to dick Cheney in heart transplant and that Obama and Schwarzenegger are responsible for the sacrificial deaths of Holy Bobo, Lauren Spierer, Karen Swift, Katelyn Markham ..just to name a few...this dude seriously needs help!

I guess if she routinely packed a charger and sometimes needed an inhaler, it would stand to reason those would be in the bag if a change of clothes would be, if she anticipated needing clothes, she'd definitely want her charger too.

True but I thought her mother said she took her charger every day...she mentioned the charger specifically, separately from the inhaler...so why did Sierra not take her charger on that day? Was she late, in a hurry, etc? That is something she must have used all the time, the amount of posting she did. Or did something happen to her while she was still in the house? That is what I am wondering?

Or she simply forgot it?

If Sierra always took her charger with her...why didn't she take it that morning? Does this mean she did not leave home under her own power? I'm not sure I understand what her mom meant when noticed the charger was not taken. She said that means Sierra did not run away, if I remember correctly, yet at another point she indicated that she was convinced Sierra made it to the bus stop, due to the scent dogs (?). So either way...why would the charger being there indicate anything in particular? She either forgot to take it, or did not leave the home willingly, IMO...just confused, as with the inhaler too.

I know this is garbled but either/both items left behind does not prove anything really-it just points to either forgetting them, or Sierra being removed from the home, not leaving on her own.

I thought exactly the same IMO Sierra was kidnapped while she not ready for school yet and was still in the house. That would explain why the Inhaler and Charger were still there. But then how did the person gain access to the house was it someone in the house or did someone come to visit her that morning and she let them in?

I thought exactly the same IMO Sierra was kidnapped while she not ready for school yet and was still in the house. That would explain why the Inhaler and Charger were still there. But then how did the person gain access to the house was it someone in the house or did someone come to visit her that morning and she let them in?

I don't think we know if she always took her inhaler...mom said she always took her charger. If she always took BOTH and that day took neither, then something seems to have happened inside...JMO

Although the disappearance on the morning of March 16 of the outgoing 15-year-old with a passion for cheerleading, rap music, Twitter and the color pink has drawn sympathy coast to coast, little has emerged from the investigation to unravel the mystery of where she is. Detectives on the case are quietly putting the scattered pieces of evidence together like a problematic jigsaw puzzle, revealing little except to the girl's family.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said that's simply how it does business. The agency does not provide details as they come up because detectives aren't sure how important each detail is, where it might lead them or what might happen, says department spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza. There's no telling what Sierra's kidnappers, if there are any, or reluctant witnesses might do if they knew how close investigators were getting.

"It could be any number of things," Cardoza says. "It could affect future searches and interviews, or how we work on evidence that's still coming in." And although detectives are free to talk to reporters and the public, in general the investigators have chosen to remain behind the scenes.
And that's just fine with Marlene LaMar, who says the Sheriff's Office updates her "pretty consistently" with inside information.

"It's about ultimately her safe recovery," says the mom who works hard to appear upbeat and positive. "They are issuing information without hindering the case."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/bay-ar...han-month-later-search-sierra-lamar-continues

Have the tweets been copied somewhere besides Twitter where we can read them?

You do not need a twitter account to read Sierras tweets or any other tweeters unless their account is set to protected. HTH

Someone please tell me what "hella" is supposed or mean?? I sure hope these kids do not speak like this in real life...

No...if she ran away I think she would have taken more stuff, stuff she liked, and wouldn't have left behind her expensive purse and phone...

And someone would know where she was by now...clearly her heart was in Fremont...she stayed in the home of a friend there often, from what I gathered from her posts, as well as with her dad. She would be with those people, if she was okay. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE