Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me if this possibility has been suggested before: perhaps Sierra snapped the pic of herself wearing the jersey to see what it looked like/show off the outfit to a friend because she intended on wearing it later/after school. I have seen my teen daughter do this often to coordinate outfits with friends for pics and events with themes, etc. If that happened, it would explain why Sierra was wearing the outfit in her pic as well as why it was folded with relative care in her bag (i.e. because she did so herself with the intention of wearing the outfit later). If that's feasible, then perhaps Sierra left the house wearing something else?
Or perhaps she simply changed her outfit because she wasn't 'feeling' the jersey outfit enough to wear it that morning but thought that she would/might later in the day? Teen girls, especially those as appearance conscious as Sierra, will sometimes put on outfit after outfit until they find the one that passes muster for that particular day. Something that they 'love' one day just won't work the next, depending on something as simple as the way their hair is laying or how bloated they feel. Sometimes they might change simply because of what their friends are wearing that day, or not.
Another out-of-left field possibility: did Sierra have PE that day, and if so, what unit and period? Do they go outside for gym? Perhaps Sierra brought the clothes for gym, to change into, or even to put on after gym class...I've kown my own daughter to do so, depending on the unit & what she had planned later on in the day.
Sincerest thanks for allowing me to share!

But she sent it to a guy. I doubt it was to compare their outfits IYKWIM.

Again, not a quote from Cardoza, just "Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse." which can be attributed only to the person under whose byline this was published. The problem we are all having is that it SOUNDS as if it is a quote, but we can't find an original source, i.e. video where Cardoza actually SAID that.

BBM. This is a paraphrase, a very common journalistic style. And as such, it is still a quote, as evidenced by the beginning of the phrase, "Cardoza said...". A paraphrased quote is differentiated from a direct quote by quotation marks around a statement from the person.

But they're both quotes. And the same rules apply to both.

Also, reporters do not generally name the source material from where they receive information. If they did, articles would be chock full of statements such as, "In a phone call with the sheriff," or "In a sidewalk conversation after the news conference concluded..."

Reporters are free to call anyone, anytime and ask for comments. And they do. Many have inside contacts that they talk to all the time. In those cases, "source" material of actual conversations would not be available.

I guess I am suprised to see quotes being discarded if the source for them can't be found. WS asks for Mainstream media citations, that is all. It is up to posters to decide if the reporter is credible. But it should't hinge on whether the quote was direct or indirect. Direct quotes can be misquoted, too. It has to be based on the publication's and reporter's reputation for credibility.

MOO.

JMO I don't know how they can have an accurate profile when they don't seem to know what has happened to her...or what she was wearing, etc...if it is true that they don't know that, then she probably hadn't worn the clothes and underwear in the bag, in which case it would be more difficult to know who put them in there...unless of course they do have DNA, even though they kind of denied it the other day...

Well, I think they have more evidence than we know about. They also have the FBI working this case and the FBI has some pretty good profilers. I don't know if they have DNA, but they can probably tell if the clothing in the bag was freshly washed or recently worn.

Well, I think they have more evidence than we know about. They also have the FBI working this case and the FBI has some pretty good profilers. I don't know if they have DNA, but they can probably tell if the clothing in the bag was freshly washed or recently worn.

Right, but then they came out with "we don't know what she was wearing" this weekend. So that makes me wonder, and think maybe it wasn't these clothes...JMO

Right, but then they came out with "we don't know what she was wearing" this weekend. So that makes me wonder, and think maybe it wasn't these clothes...JMO

I think that's true, though. They don't know for sure if those are the clothes she was wearing that morning since no one saw her. But they know if they were clean clothes she had packed herself or if they were clothes that she had recently worn. If they are clothes that were recently worn, then it would be logical to deduce that she very likely wore those clothes that day when she left the house. Unless she packed dirty underwear, which I doubt.

IMO, I think chronology is important when bringing up links to review.

Also, I think the comment made just this weekend by the sherrif's department about kidnappers, where they qualified the statement with the words "if there are any" - is important. It sounds like this department is covering all bases - searching for her body while also following up leads that might indicate she's alive - because they just don't have definitive proof either way.

Please forgive me if this possibility has been suggested before: perhaps Sierra snapped the pic of herself wearing the jersey to see what it looked like/show off the outfit to a friend because she intended on wearing it later/after school. I have seen my teen daughter do this often to coordinate outfits with friends for pics and events with themes, etc. If that happened, it would explain why Sierra was wearing the outfit in her pic as well as why it was folded with relative care in her bag (i.e. because she did so herself with the intention of wearing the outfit later). If that's feasible, then perhaps Sierra left the house wearing something else?
Or perhaps she simply changed her outfit because she wasn't 'feeling' the jersey outfit enough to wear it that morning but thought that she would/might later in the day? Teen girls, especially those as appearance conscious as Sierra, will sometimes put on outfit after outfit until they find the one that passes muster for that particular day. Something that they 'love' one day just won't work the next, depending on something as simple as the way their hair is laying or how bloated they feel. Sometimes they might change simply because of what their friends are wearing that day, or not.
Another out-of-left field possibility: did Sierra have PE that day, and if so, what unit and period? Do they go outside for gym? Perhaps Sierra brought the clothes for gym, to change into, or even to put on after gym class...I've kown my own daughter to do so, depending on the unit & what she had planned later on in the day.
Sincerest thanks for allowing me to share!

:wagon:

Hello and Welcome !

:welcome4:

O/T Kind of...

It is so frustrating that "Reporters" can't even report nowadays? Are they even required a degree? It does not look like it. I think anyone here would do a better job. How easy is it to use "quotes"?

SO tired of trying to figure out if what they write was even said by the source.

:banghead:

:seeya: JMO ... but I do not think it is O/T because reporters need to accurately report ... and that is something that is sorely lacking in this case ... amongst other cases ...

Not to keep :deadhorse: but in my original post I would still like to know IF -- IF that was a quote ? Or if it was the reporter's "words" or "paraphrasing" ...

Frustrating ...

:moo:

I think that's true, though. They don't know for sure if those are the clothes she was wearing that morning since no one saw her. But they know if they were clean clothes she had packed herself or if they were clothes that she had recently worn. If they are clothes that were recently worn, then it would be logical to deduce that she very likely wore those clothes that day when she left the house. Unless she packed dirty underwear, which I doubt.

Not to argue...but if she wore the clothes, even for a short time, they should be able to tell. And they are saying they don't know what she was wearing; so if true, that leads me to believe that it wasn't these clothes. Again, JMO.

Hmmm...if it's true that Sierra sent the morning pic to a young man, do we know if the team depicted on the jersey was playing that day/soon? Perhaps they both are fans, or perhaps the opposite is true: Sierra was teasing the boy by taking a picture of herself wearing the jersey of a team he didn't like? I don't know Sierra or the other teen involved, but I can imagine many a teen girl flirting/ribbing in that kind of easy, good-natured manner.
Or maybe the jersey itself had special meaning to Sierra and the boy. Perhaps they were together when she bought it (at the mall or?) and/or he gave it to her and/or there is some other story associated with it..could it have been borrowed from a mutual friend or shoplifted or?

Not to argue...but if she wore the clothes, even for a short time, they should be able to tell. And they are saying they don't know what she was wearing; so if true, that leads me to believe that it wasn't these clothes. Again, JMO.

I know what you're saying. If LE is being forthcoming with the public, then that's true. But I'm not convinced we're hearing the whole story from LE.

IMO, I think chronology is important when bringing up links to review.

Also, I think the comment made just this weekend by the sherrif's department about kidnappers, where they qualified the statement with the words "if there are any" - is important. It sounds like this department is covering all bases - searching for her body while also following up leads that might indicate she's alive - because they just don't have definitive proof either way.

RBBM: I totally agree ...

JMO ... but the statement qualifier of "if there are any" regarding kidnappers IMO says that they do NOT believe there was a "kidnapper" or that this was a "stranger abduction" ...

JMO ... but I think it was someone who knew Sierra and knew her schedule ...

:moo::moo::moo:

Now this M.R. claims to be sierra's boyfriend. Something very strange going on with this one in my opinion.

Also claims the LE has been to his house twice to search for SL.

https://twitter.com/#!/koplacb

But if you look at another time he states to someone else he is a freind of her sisters.
I can't say what I think is happening to M.R here I will get sat down on a T.O for a few days, But I agree something is Rotten in Denmark JMHO

March 3 & 4 were the weekend of the cabin vacay, and in her March 4 tweets, she mentioned twice that her service was iffy, so I'm thinking she went on the cabin vacay.

In her March 3, 12:01 a.m. tweet, she tweeted a not so nice post about her "step-dad", calling him an expletive.

ETA: the step-dad tweet was a RT, but still...

I am getting more and more interested in this cabin!
It is making the synapses in my sleuthing brain fired up!:what:

Hmmm...if it's true that Sierra sent the morning pic to a young man, do we know if the team depicted on the jersey was playing that day/soon? Perhaps they both are fans, or perhaps the opposite is true: Sierra was teasing the boy by taking a picture of herself wearing the jersey of a team he didn't like? I don't know Sierra or the other teen involved, but I can imagine many a teen girl flirting/ribbing in that kind of easy, good-natured manner.
Or maybe the jersey itself had special meaning to Sierra and the boy. Perhaps they were together when she bought it (at the mall or?) and/or he gave it to her and/or there is some other story associated with it..could it have been borrowed from a mutual friend or shoplifted or?

Hi Powergirl and welcome to WS!

The picture doesn't really show what she was wearing, except for the neckline and the very top of the Sharks logo. Her face, hair and neck fill most of the frame. Just based on the photo, you can't tell if it is a sweatshirt, oversized T-shirt or even an oversized jersey. The photo just doesn't show enough to really tell.

I showed the pic to my girly-girl niece and she immediately said "it's a look pic." Meaning a photo that a girly-girl would take of herself to check out her makeup and hair that day.

My niece pointed out that what looks right in the mirror can look different in a photo, so the last thing she (my niece) does before she goes out is take a photo of herself to make sure it all "works."

Very different from her aunt who figures that if my shirt is clean and my hair is brushed, I'm good to go!

If that pic was sent to a boy, I think it was a token of affection more than showing him what clothes she was wearing.

It is a cute photo, she has her tongue sticking out and her eyes are laughing.

On March 2, she said the only good thing about it was that she was stoked about snowboarding.

Snowboarding in March...where could snow be that time of year?
Weekend vacay.. so probably not outside of California. They probably wouldn't want to drive the weekend away.
Mammoth?

JMO and MOO

Snowboarding in March...where could snow be that time of year?
Weekend vacay.. so probably not outside of California. They probably wouldn't want to drive the weekend away.
Mammoth?

JMO and MOO

CXheck along either 50 or 80 heading towards Tahoe Closer than Mammoth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat