Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that the picture we have seen: the one she is wearing a black sweatshirt with the shark, is not the one she sent that day.

All notifications at the beginning of the case were that she was wearing a gray sweatshirt. I found this pic sent to a guy friend of hers, and am wondering if it may have been the one she sent.

This is just hypothesis cause there's no way to prove this unless we have access to her computer and phone records. But LE did distribute another pic snapped by her computer with this same outfit. I am wondering if this is the real pic she sent that day. It is the second one attached.

Attached below is the pic in question.

It might be the one she sent.
But we were wondering if the pic with the grey sweatshirt was taken right when or after they moved to MH because it looks like there are moving boxes in the room behind and to the side of her?
IDK

It might be the one she sent.
But we were wondering if the pic with the grey sweatshirt was taken right when or after they moved to MH because it looks like there are moving boxes in the room behind and to the side of her?
IDK

I know. I wonder if someone can check the metadata on these? Maybe they can check online for another copy that may have that information? TIA

ETA We do have a pic of her bathroom counter/sink. Wonder if Zillow or one of those sites have pics of her current house? That way we could know if it is before or after moving.

Has anyone heard anything about the other girl who went missing from a MH group home at about the same time as Sierra (one day later maybe)? I remember reading about her but haven't seen any followup. Just a thought. I feel bad that I can't remember her name ...

Her name is Michelle Peterson and happy to report that she was found a few days later. Haven't found out all details, but she is safe.

I am thinking that the picture we have seen: the one she is wearing a black sweatshirt with the shark, is not the one she sent that day.

All notifications at the beginning of the case were that she was wearing a gray sweatshirt. I found this pic sent to a guy friend of hers, and am wondering if it may have been the one she sent.

This is just hypothesis cause there's no way to prove this unless we have access to her computer and phone records. But LE did distribute another pic snapped by her computer with this same outfit. I am wondering if this is the real pic she sent that day. It is the second one attached.

In that second pic the sun is streaming in through a window, looks like through blinds. IIRC, the sun would not have been that far up at 7:00 am that morning.

IMO

Her name is Michelle Peterson and happy to report that she was found a few days later. Haven't found out all details, but she is safe.

Thanks Wasalurker! I guess we can check that one on our "list".

I'm having trouble getting a direct link to this video but if you watch the one through that comes up with the link after it is over, there are videos across the bottom. Watch the first one where Sierra has here tongue sticking out. This will explain the photo and the sweatshirt. http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-deputies-search-santa-clara-co-for/vGZ6t/

Has anyone heard anything about the other girl who went missing from a MH group home at about the same time as Sierra (one day later maybe)? I remember reading about her but haven't seen any followup. Just a thought. I feel bad that I can't remember her name ...

I tried googling...but all references to Santa Clara missing girl March 17th says Sierra LaMar.

I checked tags at bottom of the first thread, couldn't find name of the other girl.

I will keep thinking.

Oh...I am so glad she was one of the "lucky" ones who was found safe.
The ordeal must have been traumatizing, however!

I know. I wonder if someone can check the metadata on these? Maybe they can check online for another copy that may have that information? TIA

ETA We do have a pic of her bathroom counter/sink. Wonder if Zillow or one of those sites have pics of her current house? That way we could know if it is before or after moving.

It has been determined that the media took a picture of the printed out picture or maybe a picture of the photo pulled up on the computer. So, the time/data information from that photo in the media reflects the time that the media took the shot of it.

Yes, if it were a direct quote, the use of the word 'would' is incorrect. If a paraphrase of a quote, yes... but no one is going to say "the search would continue Mon." They would say it will continue Mon. Simple grammar.

Is the Huffington Post an actual newspaper that is printed as well as being online? Or is it strictly an online blog? If the latter, then I am not sure that some of the people writing for these blogs have even been to college, much less studied journalism.

The Huffington Post started out as Arianna Huffington's blog, where she and a group of bloggers wrote opinion pieces on current news (particularly political news).

It evolved into a site that aggregated news from various sources.

Last year AOL bought it, as part of their seemingly never-ending attempt to re-invent and re-invigorate themselves.

This is just hypothesis cause there's no way to prove this unless we have access to her computer and phone records. But LE did distribute another pic snapped by her computer with this same outfit. I am wondering if this is the real pic she sent that day. It is the second pic attached.

Two observations from these pics.....If you can zoom in, in the first pic she has a black shirt on under her grey sweatshirt....in the second pic she has a bag already over her cross shouldered as if she's just about to step out.....just my observations from zooming in, never noticed this before.

I'm having trouble getting a direct link to this video but if you watch the one through that comes up with the link after it is over, there are videos across the bottom. Watch the first one where Sierra has here tongue sticking out. This will explain the photo and the sweatshirt. http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-deputies-search-santa-clara-co-for/vGZ6t/

Thanks. Never seen this one. Everyone should watch it. Especially her Mom's interview. Can't believe how composed she is.

Anyway, here's the direct link: http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/fremont-search-expands-to-missing-teens-former/vGbDr/

They show the flyer with the black sweatshirt and says her sister stated that was the pic sent.

this is from 2009, but I found it very interesting, since no one knows where Sierra is
http://jvanek.wordpress.com/2009/08/14/first-ht-conviction-in-santa-clara-county/

Thanks for posting that article. This thought came in my mind in the beginning hence the searches I did through backpage. I don't think we can rule anything out as a possibility. A trafficker would want to get rid of anything that she had that would form a connection to her.

Now, later in the investigation, I am leaning away from this but not completely ruling it out.

I can't get the cabin out of my mind.
Could there have been a snowboarder, or anyone, that saw Sierra, became interested, then followedher?
Took her, then brought her back to his/her cabin?
This sounds way out there... but we don't have a whole lot to work with right now.
And this may be a scenario where she is still alive?

I brought this up a long time ago. I'm not so convinced that she went there as a family outing. I really didn't see a connection to verify that. I could have missed something. My thoughts are was this a rented cabin or did someone that she knows own it. I wouldn't think someone would have followed her, to far away. But maybe someone that possibly owned the cabin or had access to it.

I clearly need to stop and take some time and organize the binder worth of notes I have on this case at this point.... But, in the meantime, I know there has been some talk about a few other girls who were very similar to Sierra in looks and stature. Christina Williams is one for sure. I am thinking I had 2 others written down, and now it's just escaping me. Obviously these would be open cases still.

download the photo and then right-click and go to properties it should have all the meta-data .. might only work on photos that haven't been uploaded to the internet already not sure

I just want to say that I am incredibly sure that there is so much more to this case that we don't know. There is evidence and samples and interviews and observations that are all gathered and just waiting for the final piece of the puzzle. The investigators, who have reportedly been working so hard on this case that they have been forced to take days off, are not clueless. They aren't at a loss. They just don't have enough to find her or solve this disappearance yet. I can only imagine what they know.

And, I emailed the journalist, Joe Rodriguez, who wrote the article referring to the "kidnappers, if there are any" to ask him whose words those are. I asked him if they are the reporter(s) words or from LE. I'm sure I won't get a response, but I just wanted to ask him because it's so passive aggressive and goes against everything that investigators have been saying about this case since they declared that she wasn't a runaway. If those words are just the writer's opinion, it should be stated. There has to be some form of journalistic responsibility and accountability, even in this fast past world of internet news.

I clearly need to stop and take some time and organize the binder worth of notes I have on this case at this point.... But, in the meantime, I know there has been some talk about a few other girls who were very similar to Sierra in looks and stature. Christina Williams is one for sure. I am thinking I had 2 others written down, and now it's just escaping me. Obviously these would be open cases still.

One of the articles about Christina Williams mentioned a girl named Noeli, I believe, and police were trying to verify if they were both attacked by the same 2 men. Did you have another one also beyond Christina, Noeli, and Sierra who fits the general description?

I wonder if someone could have placed the Juicy purse and books at the shed and then walked up to the corner of Santa Teresa and Laguna and caught a bus at the VTA stop there? Anyone know if the the VTA buses have cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper