Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My father lived in Castro Valley, and he bought a ski cabin in Bear Valley because it is much closer than driving all of the way to Tahoe.

Ok, what did I miss? What's the focus on Ski resorts about?
FYI- There are several resorts that take about the same time to get to depending on which way you go, and some of them are considered "Tahoe" although they're not technically.

It's just more diversion (IMHO) about a tweet SL posted about going to a cabin and snowboarding on the weekend of March 2-4th. I posted a video of a snow report from Bear Valley that weekend. It went downhill and grew legs, yet again. :moo:

YAWN ....:eek:fftobed:

Yes, the bag is what gets to me as far as not fitting in the picture. I'm not having any problems with anything else. The only thing I can think of as a possibility for the bag not fitting in, is that it doesn't.

What I mean by that is the possibility of someone else finding it somewhere, freaking out and sticking it there after they heard about the news.

Apologies if this has already mentioned...this thread is huge and hard to keep up with! Regarding the folded clothes; many have speculated whether Sierra herself had "neatly folded" the clothes found in the Juicy bag. I would think it would be easy to narrow that possibility down by asking her mother whether Sierra was the tidy type who has all her clothes neatly folded in her drawers, or whether she is a "cram things in her bureau" type. That might help?

My father lived in Castro Valley, and he bought a ski cabin in Bear Valley because it is much closer than driving all of the way to Tahoe.

No kidding. I posted the snow report (way back there) from Bear Valley as it IS the closest ski area. "Someone" ???? about snow in March (lmao @ that).

Nevermind. Off to bed.

supposedly on her twitter she was remarking on a cabin trip to the snow..March 2nd and 3rd. she was looking forward to snowboarding.

Yes, I saw the tweets about the trip and that she went and didn't have good reception but I don't know who she went with and if it was someone that owned a cabin or the cabin was rented. I thought maybe someone that had access to the cabin could have abducted her and taken her there.

Making dinner, so can't check the distance, but Bear Valley is reachable year round. Tahoe is a traffic nightmare from the Bay Area during good ski time, and sometimes roads are closed, chain requirements, etc. Bear is an easy drive. Again, not sure about the distance at this time :)

Apologies if this has already mentioned...this thread is huge and hard to keep up with! Regarding the folded clothes; many have speculated whether Sierra herself had "neatly folded" the clothes found in the Juicy bag. I would think it would be easy to narrow that possibility down by asking her mother whether Sierra was the tidy type who has all her clothes neatly folded in her drawers, or whether she is a "cram things in her bureau" type. That might help?

She was. She answered on the NG show. The transcripts were wrong since a lot of of us HEARD her say/backed up by DVR that she said "NOTHING was neatly folded". FWIW. Transcript left off the word NOTHING. Happens all the time on the transcripts and they never change them. Happened in the Haleigh Cummings case too. Oh well.

Yes, I saw the tweets about the trip and that she went and didn't have good reception but I don't know who she went with and if it was someone that owned a cabin or the cabin was rented. I thought maybe someone that had access to the cabin could have abducted her and taken her there.

I would think her BFF's would know if she made a connection with someone there that should be ruled out?

COSBY: Sheriff Laurie Smith, what about surveillance tapes, too, in the area? As you point out, we were just talking, we don`t know how she left the home. You know, carried out, we don`t know at this point the details. Is there any surveillance in that area?

SMITH: We have been looking for all opportunities for surveillance tapes. We have pulled all of the county transit bus stop to see if she got on a public transit, all homes in the area, and we`re looking actively. But again, it`s a little bit remote and we haven`t located any surveillance tapes other than public transit tapes and there`s no information --and we`re still reviewing tapes -- that she took any type of transit.

Wow so the sheriff tells us right here that there are no surveillance videos anywhere in the area(both business and residential) ..I commented on this very early on as Id taken Mr. Yellow Gooogle man all over this entire area of MH and was unable to find any security cams which I find to be so very unusual...rural and safe or not I'm sorry but in 2012 security for residential and even more so for businesses is just standard....moo but id bet sadly too little too late that ppl have since 3/16 invested in security cams:(

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST, DIR. OF COLD CASE INVESTIGATIVE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, POLYGRAPH ANALYST: Well, I mean obviously the trace evidence, the fingerprints off the phone. But what`s going to be important for me is if they can see who else was on that tower at the same time she was at that time of the morning since it is remote.

If anybody else was, you know, pinging off that tower, follow their pings and it may lead in the same direction. Maybe they took her.

COSBY: Sheriff Smith, do we know if anyone was pinging off that tower? That`s a great point.

SMITH: Absolutely. The technology is great. We have forensic people who are working it and we are getting all of the tower communication, and when we go to the company to get it, they tell us what towers to look at and that`s the information that we`re analyzing now.
Well this sounds so ultra promising but certainly appears as tho it yielded no results.. just a little more about this procedure for those not familiar with it is something that recently has been being used to help locate other cell phones that were pinging specific towers of an area in question within that time in question.. in sierras case that area being around the home and the intersections where belongings were found.. the tower data can show you exactly what cell phones were pinging those towers within or around the time in question...say 6am when mom leaves home through atleast 7:30am or so(just giving a very rough guesstimate).this obviously could be of huge importance in helping especially given the fact its such a small, rural area In question you'd be able to easily have a fairly short list in comparison to the 1000s that would be present for a larger more congested area being analyzed ..

Certainly wouldn't be helpful if again the perps phone had reason and excuse for being there.. or if the perp smartly turned off his cell while committing the crime(which due to csi effect I find to be probable for a perp to do). Jmo

‹quotes from link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html ›

You know whoever called that tip in the other day about one of Sierra's friends doing that tweet. I guess the LE did not think is was a valid tip or they check it out and found out it was not true. Because I am sure the LE would have said something by now. As it was the biggest news last week in this case.

I would think her BFF's would know if she made a connection with someone there that should be ruled out?

I guess I'm not explaining myself right. I'm referring to a person that may have possibly been with the group that went to the cabin. Not someone that she would have met while she was there.

Bear Valley, Sugar Bowl, Sierra at Tahoe and Kirkwood are all very close in terms of how long it takes to get to them from the South Bay. All of them can have road issues, don't know what they were for that weekend if any.
There are many more, Heavenly, Alpine, Squaw, Northstar, and so on, that are all easy enough to get to for a weekend trip. Thousands of people do it each weekend.
I've spent my fair share of time at all of these resorts and am beyond familiar with how long it takes to get to them, regardless of what google says.
Mammoth area is a much different story, it is a much longer drive (7 plus hours) and very very few people would head out there for a 2 day trip.
Still though, not understanding why there might be a connection to her trip at the beginning of the month and her disappearance?

which photo is the one she took? I saw 2 before and someone said it couldn't have been the one your talking about because of the sunlight.

As I understand, the last picture that her mom said she took is the one where she is sticking her tongue out and you can see the top fin of the San Jose Sharks Logo, to indicate she was wearing a Sharks Jersey. The glow on her face looks like it's coming from a computer screen and not a phone screen. There has been some confusing information with regards to the photo being taken on a computer or a phone, etc.

If this is indeed the last picture that she took, it definitely looks like it's via a computer/web cam and because of the glow it seems like there isn't much light in the rest of the room. She has other pictures that she posted on twitter that were taken with her computer and the glow isn't on her face, so maybe because it was lighter in the rooms during those times.

Here is the link to that supposed last picture:

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...117&start=0&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0,i:112

I'm still trying to sort out the TOS violation posts from the non-TOS violation posts. and I'm kinda grumpy.

If a post of yours ends up getting removed and it had nothing to do with the Twitter TOS violation (that I'm about to explain), please repost when the thread is open.

Hold on, one last check and then I'll post about what happened that shouldn't have happened.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And allow me to add that Websleuths never EVER communicates publicly with others from outside our forum. Sending messages on our posts to people is a huge :nono: Nor do we publicly invite individuals to join WS because they are players in a case.

The thread is open and I'm going to run. Someone else needs me. :seeya:

:beamup:

I just want to say that I am incredibly sure that there is so much more to this case that we don't know. There is evidence and samples and interviews and observations that are all gathered and just waiting for the final piece of the puzzle. The investigators, who have reportedly been working so hard on this case that they have been forced to take days off, are not clueless. They aren't at a loss. They just don't have enough to find her or solve this disappearance yet. I can only imagine what they know.

And, I emailed the journalist, Joe Rodriguez, who wrote the article referring to the "kidnappers, if there are any" to ask him whose words those are. I asked him if they are the reporter(s) words or from LE. I'm sure I won't get a response, but I just wanted to ask him because it's so passive aggressive and goes against everything that investigators have been saying about this case since they declared that she wasn't a runaway. If those words are just the writer's opinion, it should be stated. There has to be some form of journalistic responsibility and accountability, even in this fast past world of internet news.

BBM: :tyou: And I hope you do get a response !

And I agree : these reporters need to be responsible and more clear as to what they report ...

I guess I'm not explaining myself right. I'm referring to a person that may have possibly been with the group that went to the cabin. Not someone that she would have met while she was there.

I get the impression this was a family-type weekend trip to Tahoe (by far the most popular ski area for BA residents) that Sierra was required to attend. Stuck in a car and spending time with people she'd rather not be with in the cabin, like family. All of this JMHO, however.

You know whoever called that tip in the other day about one of Sierra's friends doing that tweet. I guess the LE did not think is was a valid tip or they check it out and found out it was not true. Because I am sure the LE would have said something by now. As it was the biggest news last week in this case.

It was true end of story.

OT going to try get verified soon < mod snip >.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper