Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get off this IPad and Tapatalk! It's my coveted day off and I'm sitting on a beautiful beach in Jamaica....checking up on the thread to see if there's anything new!

While no evidence has been found yet deputies say that may be a good sign. "Just because we have limited evidence it is not necessarily a bad thing because its evidence that helps us out in the case but for all we know she still could be out there alive," said Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17650699/biggest-missing-person-search-executed-in-morgan-hill

I just don't understand what is going on in this case... LE looking and searching the waters? What are they looking for if they think she could be alive?

The more I look at this, the less we really have to go on. Getting back to things we know, her relationship with her mom seemed stressed. Thats typical for a teenage girl. She was apparently enamored by some of the drug culture or at least the language surrounding it. On Twitter she rarely, if ever, posted to boys publicly. I suspect she had another way of communicating with boys. I can't imagine her not being pursued by some.

So, starting at step one, how she disappeared, I would believe it has to do with meeting a boy. Maybe someone she knew, maybe someone she hadn't met face to face yet. Most likely someone from her previous school, or at least the Fremont area. After that I can't really be too sure. There are just too many possibilities. I will add that I don't think she placed any of her items anywhere. That was the unknown person.

That's all I got so far.....

I'm thinking if your 15 years old, your talking about boys. Maybe not all the time but your talking. So her social networking not having "boy" conversations seems weird...at least to me.

I do not think she was meeting anyone that day---why would she text her friend at 7:11 to meet before class, furthermore if she was meeting a"boy" or anyone---at 15 your telling your BFF ALL about your plans, right. In fact if you skip school isn't the objective to skip with a friend so you can do something together?? Well that's what I did....and thinking back now, I went to a"catholic" high school, and was pretty rebellious, but at 15 I would NEVER have thought of meeting up with someone in secret--and I think I was much wilder than Sierra.

I too believe the "folding" of the clothes relate to the perp only. It says something about the way HE operates.....cause God knows if it was a "message " of some sort no one "gets it", right.

Also I thought I read somewhere there was a house for sale on her block and they had just had an "Open House" showing. If true, perhaps LE should take a good look at the visitor sign -in register and question those on that list?

All of this is "ME" only--just thinking out loud and wondering how my mother ever lived through my adolescence.:bang:

Well then she apparently did NOT have plans to go with her sister, so it is kind of a moot point, as any plans she had not made would not be relevant to where she is now.

The ONLY relevance, imo, was the reason for that extra change of clothes in the bag. That is the only reason I put forth this possibility.

People are saying she had no reason to take a change of clothing because she had no plans after school. And all I am saying, is that if she is anything like my 15 yr DD was, she would have secret plans, prepare for those plans, and then ask people at the last minute. Like call her sister at lunch and say "PLEEAASE come pick me up after school and we can go shopping. "

I just don't understand what is going on in this case... LE looking and searching the waters? What are they looking for if they think she could be alive?

I really believe IMHO with all the searches including the water they are ruling out possible areas and than moving forward. If they did not do this than they would hear why did you not search so and so place. I still believe there are more searches in other places that we the public media are not privy to. And for that I am thankful it does not allow the person or people that took Sierra a heads up
Just like IMHO they are monitoring all social media sites watching for someone to slip either via a tweet or post somewhere.

Of course I could be wrong but this is JMHO

I'm thinking if your 15 years old, your talking about boys. Maybe not all the time but your talking. So her social networking not having "boy" conversations seems weird...at least to me.

I do not think she was meeting anyone that day---why would she text her friend at 7:11 to meet before class, furthermore if she was meeting a"boy" or anyone---at 15 your telling your BFF ALL about your plans, right. In fact if you skip school isn't the objective to skip with a friend so you can do something together?? Well that's what I did....and thinking back now, I went to a"catholic" high school, and was pretty rebellious, but at 15 I would NEVER have thought of meeting up with someone in secret--and I think I was much wilder than Sierra.

I too believe the "folding" of the clothes relate to the perp only. It says something about the way HE operates.....cause God knows if it was a "message " of some sort no one "gets it", right.

Also I thought I read somewhere there was a house for sale on her block and they had just had an "Open House" showing. If true, perhaps LE should take a good look at the visitor sign -in register and question those on that list?

All of this is "ME" only--just thinking out loud and wondering how my mother ever lived through my adolescence.:bang:

It's possible that Sierra didn't talk about MH boys with Fremont girls because they wouldn't know them ... or maybe she liked a boy she thought her friends wouldn't approve of. That's a stretch, I guess, but I, too, notice the absence of boys in her convos, though I'm now thinking it's not all together that strange.

I've also noticed something as of late about sophomore girls (and boys) in my town. Maybe it's just my daughter's particular friend group, but I'm hearing words like "douche" and "player" a lot more than I did last year. In other words, some boys aren't as appealing as they were during freshman year, LOL.

Given Sierra's general personality, her crushes on rap stars & the tweet she made about 'wanting to be found' instead of looking for someone, it seems to me that she may not have found her male peers appealing. The games that are played in the High School dating environment may also have been a turn off for her, given her many disparaging tweets on the subject.

All JMO

Yeah.. This lack of "boy" talk bothers me..

IMO Sierra could have been attracted to someone much older than what is considered appropriate..
younger girls, say 18, secretly have a relationship with a 28 yr old man.. Age difference of 10 yrs... It is not uncommon.
judging from her photos she chose to place on her tumbler account, I think Sierra was very well advanced socially for 15...JMO..

Katydid-I agree with everything you are saying about potential plans. I really do think that could be an explanation for a change of clothes. I would like to know for sure. I feel like LE could just test the underwear (if underwear was truly found). A clean pair would surely be different from a pair that had been worn even for a short time?

My DD never talked about boys on the public part of her FB either. Girls know thw boys are reading the comments. She talked about boys by Private message or on IM"s with her friends.

And if an interested boy wanted to talk to her he would PM her or text her, not do so publicly on tweets or FB wall.

Yeah.. This lack of "boy" talk bothers me..

IMO Sierra could have been attracted to someone much older than what is considered appropriate..
younger girls, say 18, secretly have a relationship with a 28 yr old man.. Age difference of 10 yrs... It is not uncommon.
judging from her photos she chose to place on her tumbler account, I think Sierra was very well advanced socially for 15...JMO..

From her pics & tweets, it seems to me that her interests in males trended older, and towards more 'gangsta' types, which is worrisome...

On the other hand, most teens have older celebrities that they get obsessed with, and Sierra's big interest was in Rap, so I'm not inclined to draw any conclusions at this point.

Great post regardless.

All JMO

We've had some excellent photos of the dirt road, that led off a traveled one, directly to the metal shed. Activity outside that shed was visible from some ways off. Looking at the shed from the main artery, you would not know what to expect inside it unless you were very familiar with that spot. We don't know what the light was when the bag was deposited there but I think the perpetrator was comfortable that he could leave her clothes & books swiftly and efficiently, avoiding detection from Sta. Teresa or from "users" of the shed. I don't think a stranger to the area would have that confidence, not at all. I do incidentlally wonder who the users were and who fed the Siamese but mainly, I add some shape to the shadow of the perpetrator, due to his knowledge of this spot. I also wonder if there was money in the purse; that would be normal. Did the perpetrator take that too? I don't think someone who was engaged in staging these belongings would have.

I keep seeing this cats at the place when the bag was found reference...it is possible that whoever owns the place may keep cats around, to chase vermin and such, and they are the one that's been feeding them?

Yup, NOW you are thinking like 15 yr old. :crazy:
My hair is just above my waist and I don't ponytail it for a hoodie. I just wear the hoodie over it. I pull the front sides forward around my face and let them hang.

Snipped by me. Based on how long it takes my daughter to get ready, and the fact that I think Sierra also flat-irons her hair, she'd probably need to be up at about that time in order to get ready. Maybe Marlene makes sure she's up before she leaves?

Off topic but I can't resist: do girls still use a regular iron to flat-iron their hair or are there now some sort of special hair appliances to do it?

When I was growing up (late 60s), it was the regular iron and ironing board!

Is there anything we really know about what SL had been up to over the previous week? The paper she wrote, this homework project....Perhaps a spat with her Mom? Any thoughts? WE have a "that day" timeline, but what about a previous week timeline?

I think that's the only thing we can try to weave our speculation into focus at this point.

It's common for LE to cover all the possibilities at once in high profile cases.

I doubt anyone in LE really, truly believes Sierra is voluntarily missing at this point but it is within the realm of possibility. So they try to cover all the possibilities in public statements.

If you followed the Kyron Horman case, for instance, LE statements followed the same pattern: publicly allowing that Kyron may be alive while doing water searches (no one expects to pull a live victim out of the water under such conditions).

I keep saying I think that the attempted kidnapping has something to do with this...well, this was posted the 20th. There is a plea for information.

At least nine accounts of this behavior have happened.

If he is a serial rapist (which he very well might be), perhaps he is escalating.

http://www.mercurynews.com/californ...edator-sought-striking-at-san-fernando-valley

This could very well be the same perp responsible for Sierra, imo.

I don't think the clothes and bag will make sense until we know what happened to Sierra or LE says much more. She could have packed them for an unknown reason, and they ended up there with no further intention from the perp than getting rid of her stuff. It may have been the clothes she was wearing, in which case I hope this tells LE a lot about whom they are looking for. And then again the whole bag and contents may be a plant if the perp had access to her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME