Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole "Odd Future" thing was debated endlessly in earlier threads...for what it is worth.

Sorry!! So much info is gettin run around in circles. Just thought the mention of the trip on the 14th might be something.
Again, so sorry...I'm STILL stuck on the Tweets from the last week and hate to sound like a broken record.:blushing:

And we all have to remember the entire family including Rick were asked if they ever seen the Jetta.

I looked at some statement analysis expert's take on some of Marlene's statements on NG. I would love to know under what stipulations he was "cleared"...really makes no sense to me.

Sorry!! So much info is gettin run around in circles. Just thought the mention of the trip on the 14th might be something.
Again, so sorry...I'm STILL stuck on the Tweets from the last week and hate to sound like a broken record.:blushing:

Don't apologize, I agree with you a little on it. But I am more concerned with all the info she was so forward with from December - Mar. 13th. Between giving out her phone number and indicating what time she was leaving to catch her bus (and apparently alone, or she could've just told the person she was with about it instead of tweeting it) - all of this for the world to see - she left herself wide open. Sorry, but a parent should've been looking out for that.

Can a local comment? When they say searching south Morgan Hill, do they mean city of Morgan Hill proper, or, is San Martin, on into Gilroy, also considered by some to be 'Morgan Hill'??
thanks

i think they must mean the city of Morgan Hill. some might stretch that into San Martin. but Gilroy would not be considered by anyone to be part of MH. those two cities are basically separated by the small town of San Martin.

This got me thinking about SP (Scott Peterson) and the cement dust in the boat and in his storage space.....the tools in the trunk sounds like a good idea....maybe other things...rebar?? Work boots with cement residue?? Dirt in the car...or cement dust by drivers side?? Maybe people who came forward from construction sites that saw the car on some jobs?

Do they hire "day workers" on sites?? Maybe someone quit unexpectedly?

Lots of ??? not many answers. BUT, it does seem like LE's getting something outta the car and tips that came in related to it, IMO.

Maybe Sierra's clothing/purse came back from the lab with some type of material like the above ID'd?? LE DID say some results gave them some good solid info, IIRC.

Sorry, I keep adding on...but, I had said in earlier posts maybe someone from one of the mom's boyfriends sites was obsessed with Sierra....

I really dont know how they do it in CA but in my state it is very common for construction and yard cleaning companies to use day laborers on short jobs. We call it the 'gray line' here.

Even individuals go down to the gray line if they are needing some kind of temp services done. I would never ever do that but some do.

It could really be anything that is leading them in the direction of the fields and construction sites. Maybe they found soil in the floorboard that makes them think the driver got out in a wet area or maybe it is sand that may be found at a construction site. I have no doubt they have analized the car visually before they sent it to the lab to be forensically tested so that things can be ascertained even if they were not seen by the naked eye.

I am not sure it is linked to one of his workers but I do think the Jetta being found may be the reason they are now searching construction sites and fields. Or it could be they are just searching places they havent searched before. It really could be as simple as that.

It is interesting though that they are now searching fields. Does anyone know if these are the kind of fields that have field workers working them? TIA

LE says they think Sierra is alive, but imo they think Sierra is out there somewhere but they arent looking for an alive Sierra. They arent dumb and they know 2 months is a very long time without one credible sighting of Sierra and no contact from her to anyone.

They will continue to say they think she is alive until and if they find her remains. It is best for the family to have hope. It helps them cope with the situation they find themselves enduring.

I have seen other LE say the same thing and the victim was deceased and had been shortly after taken.

IMO

Judgeing from some of the new information in this case, to me, it would seem LE has begun to put the pieces of their evidence finding together.

From the amount of ttime this case has taken I am going to assume it is an "unknown" perp. The theories that SL may have run a way, been pregnant, was taken by gang members, even the involvement of her mothers boyfriend---don't seem to feel right to me. I think if it was anyone LE could link to Sierra, they would know more because her "friends" and personal network would have uncovered these links to (ie) gang members, pregnancy by someone....I mean kids know everything about their friends, it's what they do--share experiences.

Since LE has been searching various bodies of water, fields, construction sights, seems they have some type of evidence leading in that direction. The Red car is weird because it is not the kind of car one would think you would use for a crime--too distinctive. Same for the bag--can not believe it is a "message" of some sort---too "vague"--look how many theories we have come up with. So if it was a message "no one got it".:twocents:

I am hoping that LE has been working behind the scene pretty diligently and are working very hard at finding SL and closing this case. This does not have the same feel as the Holly Bobo case---which is just a mess. IMO.

So I am happy to keep checking back here for new info until we get word from LE, they have found Sierra. I am optimistic it will be sooner than we think.

We are on the same page with a couple exceptions. I think Sierra knew her abductor...well. I think LE knows who the Perp is. I think LE and the mother are stating things to the public to keep them enthused so they will continue to help with the search. LE needs Sierra before they can haul the Perp in. JMO, of course! My prayers for Sierra continue...

I'm personally not sure if it does the family much good for LE to keep saying they believe she is alive, UNLESS they have some sort of clues pointing in that direction. Family will want to take LE literally, of course, and the shock will be even greater if she is found deceased, or not found at all. JMO of course, and LE's actions don't match their words anyway...

I looked at some statement analysis expert's take on some of Marlene's statements on NG. I would love to know under what stipulations he was "cleared"...really makes no sense to me.

I dont put any faith in what statement analysis 'experts' have to say about anyone in any case. I think they are quacks. I am glad their websites aren't allowed to be linked at WS. Anyone could do what they do and some could do it even better, imo.

These people make a living off of critiquing others during their time of pain and suffering and I have never found one of them that didnt think someone was suspicious and lying about something and countless times they are flat wrong but of course they never come back and write how wrong they were.

I remember one case where Amy Henslee was murdered and if we had believed the statement analysis experts Amy's husband would surely be guilty.. when in truth... he was a family member who was grieving the loss of his wife and had nothing whatsoever to do with Amy's death. Even Pat Brown was totally wrong on that case and others as well.

If they didnt have something to criticize someone about then they would have absolutely nothing to write about.

Just the way I feel about these so called experts and if you feel differently I respect that. I think they are nothing but bottom feeders myself.

Since LE has said all three including Rick has cooperated fully from day one and they took polys I imagine he also took one and passed. I dont think anyone connected to Sierra is involved. Not Marlene, Rick or Steve and I think LE has long known it.

IMO

I'm personally not sure if it does the family much good for LE to keep saying they believe she is alive, UNLESS they have some sort of clues pointing in that direction. Family will want to take LE literally, of course, and the shock will be even greater if she is found deceased, or not found at all. JMO of course, and LE's actions don't match their words anyway...

But then Marc Klass says a family always has to hope for the best. I think it helps them try to cope with their loved one being missing. I do know what you mean though and even though Marlene tries to put on a brave face I am sure it crosses her mind and everyone who loves Sierra has to know it is going to take a miracle to bring Sierra home alive.

imo

I'm in South San Jose for the weekend. It is hot here. There is no wind at all, as usual. I am debating going to North Morgan hill a few minutes away. I would like to take a look at the building in back of the house, if possible. It one pic it looks elevated.

The one thing I know is I, for sure, would not want to walk to the bus stop each day. What a lonely walk and wait (in the middle on nowhere). I would be looking for a ride anyway I could. She is such a social gal, this must have grated on her nerves, big time.

I will repeat myself and say there are some junky cars around that cul-de-sac where she lives.

But then Marc Klass says a family always has to hope for the best. I think it helps them try to cope with their loved one being missing. I do know what you mean though and even though Marlene tries to put on a brave face I am sure it crosses her mind and everyone who loves Sierra has to know it is going to take a miracle to bring Sierra home alive.

imo

I am sure it has crossed their minds too...but from what I have read on social sites, it has NOT crossed the mind of her friends...that is worrisome. They are 100% convinced she will come home alive and well...

I'm in South San Jose for the weekend. It is hot here. There is no wind at all, as usual. I am debating going to North Morgan hill a few minutes away. I would like to take a look at the building in back of the house, if possible. It one pic it looks elevated.

The one thing I know is I, for sure, would not want to walk to the bus stop each day. What a lonely walk and wait (in the middle on nowhere). I would be looking for a ride anyway I could. She is such a social gal, this must have grated on her nerves, big time.

Hi Whisperer!

I may have missed it are LE searching the building behind the home?

If you go please be safe and dont get too hot.

Sierra wouldnt be by herself long just walking to the bus stop and once she got on the bus I am sure she chatted all the way to school.

IMO

I am sure it has crossed their minds too...but from what I have read on social sites, it has NOT crossed the mind of her friends...that is worrisome. They are 100% convinced she will come home alive and well...

Then they must know something, and aren't fessing up.

Judgeing from some of the new information in this case, to me, it would seem LE has begun to put the pieces of their evidence finding together.

From the amount of ttime this case has taken I am going to assume it is an "unknown" perp. The theories that SL may have run a way, been pregnant, was taken by gang members, even the involvement of her mothers boyfriend---don't seem to feel right to me. I think if it was anyone LE could link to Sierra, they would know more because her "friends" and personal network would have uncovered these links to (ie) gang members, pregnancy by someone....I mean kids know everything about their friends, it's what they do--share experiences.

Since LE has been searching various bodies of water, fields, construction sights, seems they have some type of evidence leading in that direction. The Red car is weird because it is not the kind of car one would think you would use for a crime--too distinctive. Same for the bag--can not believe it is a "message" of some sort---too "vague"--look how many theories we have come up with. So if it was a message "no one got it".:twocents:

I am hoping that LE has been working behind the scene pretty diligently and are working very hard at finding SL and closing this case. This does not have the same feel as the Holly Bobo case---which is just a mess. IMO.

So I am happy to keep checking back here for new info until we get word from LE, they have found Sierra. I am optimistic it will be sooner than we think.

LOVE this post! I'm right there with you in your opinions. It's like this post is a calm in the middle of a storm of possibilities and speculation. Thanks!

I raised my kids in Belmont (a very safe town) and we (all parents) always drove our kids to school....all the way through High School, if they didn't drive.

I think that walk to to the bus stop is unusual but Marlene must have been lulled into a false sense of security or something. Having worked DOC, I never would have allowed my child to walk that route. I have come to realize that most of America doesn't think about criminals and the things that could happen. Yes, I am jaded..and paranoid about such things. It comes with the job. This is a violent country with more predators around than any other country, but most of the people living here dont even give it a thought.

Was talking to my son again about Sierra - he told me his girlfriends cousin went to school with Sierra in Fremont (HS) I can't say why, but her cousin said that alot of girls did not like Sierra. Now of course these are teen girls saying this but I found this interesting because it does go along with the idea that this could have even been planned by some jealous girl(s) because of a boy. We discussed this earlier.

My son also mentioned that just last year a 14 or 15 yo girl in Fremont/Newark was taken, beaten and ended up on life support because of a jealous/mad group of people about something similar. I'm trying to find that girls case now.

I pray you are right RUK and hope this case will soon be solved.

I agree with you. With the amount of time that has elapsed I think they would have solved this case by now if it was anyone connected to Sierra. I think they have been more than thorough investigating this case.

So that leads me to believe the perp is an 'unknown.' This may have been one of the reasons this case has taken so long to solve because cases where the victim and the perp have no connection to each other are the hardest to solve.

I hope that the red Jetta is the break they need to solve this case. I dont know how long they have had it in their possession but it took them about a month to get any forensic evidence back on the other things they found so it may be awhile before they know what the car forensically reveals. However they may have already learned some things just by having the car and knowing where they got it from and who the owner is plus its contents.

IMO

A young pretty girl like Sierra, you would think would be very popular. However, this rap and gangsta style is not the norm ....not in my world. She was only fifteen. I would never have allowed rap in my house. I can't stand drooping pants either...that style started in prison...Yikes! Everytime I see that I think they are inmate types. I used to go around telling those inmates to pull up their pants too..LOL.

Why would Sierra identify with the gangsta group? I can only think that she was rebelling..

Hi Whisperer!

I may have missed it are LE searching the building behind the home?

If you go please be safe and dont get too hot.

Sierra wouldnt be by herself long just walking to the bus stop and once she got on the bus I am sure she chatted all the way to school.

IMO

I have no idea, Ocean. I imagine that was searched the very first day and beyond. There is a business and another residence in back of the house. There are workers there daily but don't arrive till after 9:00am. ..so I am told.

In addition, this parcel requires lots of yard work...another set of workers.

I would much rather the LE give the family hope since they have no proof either way yet . Than to come out and say we are looking for Sierra's remains. Steve Marlene and Daneille are not dumb. They know there is a big chance that Sierra is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop