Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't any new info, but since I just found out about it: I think the case of the 16 year old girl being found in California is kind of huge in re: to Sierra missing. I don't think they are connected, necessarily, but it gives me more hope than ever that she may very well be alive.

Since theories are recently being discussed here: the more I study the timeline of "knowns" (which are practically non-existent, so I give them much wiggle room in my theories), the more I think that since/if the immediate family is 'cleared' (*ahem*), the chance of 'luck' by a random perp is much less likely than someone who was stalking Sierra. Looking at all of her social media stuff - especially twitter - I don't think it would have been too difficult to do. I also can't help but NOW think of the possibility that if Sierra is being held against her will, she may have just been forced to change clothes/appearance, hence the clothes in the purse. I have more to it than that, and unfortunately my work schedule hasn't allowed me to follow here on WS too much lately, but I am going to make myself more available soon. I miss hearing all your thoughts and hearing possibilities.

What other girl age 16 is missing in Cali? I want to know who this girl is.

Central coast news said Sierras mother wished she had taken self defense classes. Maybe this means that Sierra was physically abducted Article was from may 3rd.

She tweeted about it sometimes...but not very often, so not sure she jogged daily or anything like that...she only mentioned it about 2 times in four months...JMO

Thanks cluciano63 - also shows how little we know of her real life, everyday activity. Wonder if the May 11th AMW show will reveal more...

I think a criminal feels furtively safe when he rids himself of items belonging to the victim. He feels discarding the cellphone and the purse & clothes disassociates him from the crime as it will become known in time. The pattern of the discards, however, does reveal his thinking during commission. He heaved the cell from the vehicle onto a field at the north east corner of Scheller & Santa Teresa. What is most likely? That he was heading either west or north. But then he disposes of the Juicy items again north and east of Fisher-Laguna and Santa Teresa, so the question is answered. He was heading north all along.

If the cufflinks bear telltale evidence connecting them to him and to Sierra, there could have been a temporary detour west on Palm when she made a protest that her bus stop was at Palm & Dougherty and Schheller was a wrong turn. But the eventual direction was still north.

Once the driver deposits the last items, he can cross Santa Teresa Boulevard on Laguna and continue all the way to Calero or he can stay with his pattern and come off Laguna turning right and moving north on Sta. Teresa. Since there are numerous places to hide a purse & books on the way to Calero, he needn't have stopped at the rusted shed. My money is on the driver continuing north on the boulevard.

The criminal's next decision is at Bailey and that has been discussed. Does he make a left turn at a controlled intersection on Sta. Teresa and pass the large IBM plant or does he, one more time, make a less conspicuous right on Bailey? I think he went east where he would find not only Coyote Creek Golf Course but Kirby Canyon (landfill), creeks and open land.

I've considered that. One reason I could think of why she would pack a change of clothes including underwear is if she was wearing a bathing suit under what she was wearing when she left home in the morning.

IMO. I think your thought is actually brilliant. I hadn't read or thought about it, but it makes total sense. IMO

Quick question, and I apologize if it has already been discussed.

I know that dogs followed Sierra's scent to the end of the driveway. But were dogs brought to where the Juicy purse was found? Did they uncover a trail from someone walking to and from the street to the purse? I know there was discussion that the purse and books outside of the purse may have been staged, but I just wondered if any footprints or smells of anyone were detected. TIA.

Curious where you heard that Sierra jogged? If you have a link, thanks.

Sorry, I don't have any links - it's why I worded it "there has been mention made", as I couldn't recall where & when I saw those mentions, and didn't want to imply that it was a documented fact. Sorry, should have made that more clear.:blushing:

I browsed through the twitter posts and found at least two that refer to her going running. One of them said something about how she listens to a certain music when running, because it helped her run better. The other more recent post said something about her going for a run.

I apologizing for not posting the exact tweets but I just closed the pages and forgot to save them.

Jstwondering, I watched a video a few times of the sheriff's dog at the site and also in the field at Richmond Avenue which is between the cell and the Juicy purse. If the dog alerted, that was not in the video. The dog seemed to me to have a sense that these areas were related because he was excited in a general way. However, he could simply have been excited to be at large instead of confined in the van.

I still cannot believe that there has been no info released from LE on findings of any forensic evidence...I'm curious as to what fingerprints they found on the phone ( as I'm sure she didn't throw it) and the bag....but again, it's a waiting game to hear this info...but as I've said before it must be for a very good reason as to why that said info is not being released?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick question, and I apologize if it has already been discussed.

I know that dogs followed Sierra's scent to the end of the driveway. But were dogs brought to where the Juicy purse was found? Did they uncover a trail from someone walking to and from the street to the purse? I know there was discussion that the purse and books outside of the purse may have been staged, but I just wondered if any footprints or smells of anyone were detected. TIA.

I don't have the links but yes, they did bring the dogs to the locations where the cell phone and Juicy Couture bag were found. No indication of Sierra.

Without the scent of a perpetrator to give the dogs, having them track the person who left the purse there wouldn't be of much value.

If it helps, think of scent detection dogs as being trained to answer one or two very specific, yes/no type questions which vary according to what the dog is trained to alert on. For example, human remains detection dogs answer the question "do you smell the scent of human decomposition here?" Drug detection dogs answer the question "do you smell marijuana or methamphetamine or heroin here?" And so on.

There's no way to get a useful yes/no answer after a trailing dog answered the question "do you smell Sierra's scent anywhere around this bag?" The only question to answer after that would be "do you smell someone's scent around this bag?" The dog will say yes but that's really no more than a human being could figure out on their own.

I'd be surprised if there were footprints near the cellphone because it appears to have been tossed from a vehicle.

It is unknown whether they found footprints near the bag.

Jstwondering, I watched a video a few times of the sheriff's dog at the site and also in the field at Richmond Avenue which is between the cell and the Juicy purse. If the dog alerted, that was not in the video. The dog seemed to me to have a sense that these areas were related because he was excited in a general way. However, he could simply have been excited to be at large instead of confined in the van.

Scent detection is mentally tiring to dogs and not all dogs really enjoy the work. A dog that doesn't charge out doing the doggie equivalent of shouting with glee "I get to work! YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!" is probably not going to last long as a scent detection dog.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office says a man was arrested on suspicion of molesting a 16-year-old San Jose girl after he and the girl were stopped on a light-rail train for not having a valid pass.
Merced Pacheco and the girl were forced off a Valley Transportation Authority train in San Jose on Tuesday afternoon.
Sheriff's officials say the 23-year-old Pacheco was taken into custody after the girl told VTA employees that he was holding her against her will and the employees called police. Pacheco has been charged with two counts each of raping, sodomizing and sexually penetrating a minor over 14, two counts of lewd acts with a minor over 14 and two counts of criminal threats.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/05/04/state/n092251D70.DTL#ixzz1tvxVBahF

This is how Sierra could be held... By some machismo male from south of the border.
This girl went missing from san jose and possibly left with this male of her own free will...
I suspect Sierra may have done the same.

I still cannot believe that there has been no info released from LE on findings of any forensic evidence...I'm curious as to what fingerprints they found on the phone ( as I'm sure she didn't throw it) and the bag....but again, it's a waiting game to hear this info...but as I've said before it must be for a very good reason as to why that said info is not being released?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless they needed help with something (like finding the 'sketch' suspect from Morgan Harrington's case), I don't see why LE would say anything about what forensics they've gathered. This is an LEA that has acted very professionally, IMO, so I don't expect them to release any info unless it is for a very specific purpose.

All JMO

When Sgt. Cardoza spoke about the productive results back from the lab, he talked on camera about the problem describing BOLO. He said no one was sure exactly what Sierra was wearing because she could have changed into the clothes returned from lab = they were worn before being discovered. Or, he said, she could have changed out of the clothes returned from lab = they were worn before being discovered. Sgt. Cardoza revealed quite a bit in these comments and he was speaking to public eagerness to know what the lab found out. Being who he is, he was careful in what he had to say. Because of his revelations, we know the clothing in the Juicy bag had been worn. We can speculate when & where they were removed.

They may well have fingerprints, but if they don't know whose they are, they are not very useful and the public could not help with that. Same with DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay