Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everyone for your feedback. I agree with many of your comments.

In response to this comment, "What do you suppose the scenario could be if something is wrong or maybe fake about this picture?" my answer would be that I don't know. I keep running through it in my mind because there is something that keeps sticking. If it was altered in some way, I could see a few scenarios. First and foremost it would definitely rule out a random attack. The perp would be someone she knew.
It would not necessarily implicate the recipient of the photo either. I do think it is a strange picture to send to a boy. Unless perhaps he is a Shark's fan, but in that case you would think she would be pointing to or otherwise drawing attention to the jersey/sweatshirt itself.
I guess now that I think about all the extraneous factors in the situation, it is silly to consider it a possibility.
Perp would have to force her to take the picture, then had the picture sent to his/her computer for editing, and then forwarded it to the person who initially received it. If LE had not cleared the family in the situation I could potentially see a different set of circumstances, but still only minimally plausible or likely.
I will stop grasping at straws here until new information emerges.

edit: The other question would be, why would the photo need to be edited in the first place.

I was a graphic designer for four years before becoming a database analyst /software engineer. I pulled the photo into an imaging editor and compared it to a couple other photos of Sierra, and it to me doesn't look like it's been altered at all. I also can't think of any reason why a perp would spend time doing something like that.

Hopefully today rings some news for Sierra. I just wanted to add my two cents this morning because something has been bothering me since this started, I know the family was cleared and I'm not saying they hand anything to do with her disappearance but just because they seem tight doesn't mean Sierra felt that way IMO when I was her age my Mom had no clue what I was doing because she didn't care to find out. I was out at all hours etc just basically rebelling and needing outside attention. Now that I am an adult I now know I was trying to find the attention I was missing at home. I was also interested in older boys and would have run off with someone if given the chance and the right circumstances just to escape it all. That being said. Y mom also appeared to be caring and when in front of people you would have thought perfect but behind closed doors it was a different life. I am not saying Sierras life was anything like mine but just putting it out there that there could have been so much more going on inside her head land maybe her being a runaway is still an option, regardless of whethEr she did it before or not, maybe the right opportunity presented itself. Just my opinion.

I think timing plays a bit part, if a person's story gets traction when there isn't something else going on, it has some momentum. I remember listening to Lindsey Baum's mother on a podcast, may have been websleuths, saying her story was about to air when Michael Jackson died and that was it for her when it came to decent media coverage. (snip)

I can attest to the fact that if something scandalous occurs, everything that seemed "important" to the networks a day earlier goes out the window.

On November 7, 1991 Magic Johnson told the world he was HIV positive. At 5am on November 8, I went into labor. I spent 13 hours in the hospital with EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL on the TV talking about this revelation. I kept seeing ads for one of the "tabloid" shows coming on at 4 that promised coverage of the PeeWee Herman (Paul Reubens) trial, and was actually LOOKING FORWARD to that for a change of pace. At 4PM the network announced that they were preempting the scheduled program to tell us that Magic Johnson was HIV positive.

Hi Carrie ..It is me. I signed up with this name years ago.

7139465569_c2b124fb0b_s.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7214/7139465569_c2b124fb0b_n.jpg

Hopefully today rings some news for Sierra. I just wanted to add my two cents this morning because something has been bothering me since this started, I know the family was cleared and I'm not saying they hand anything to do with her disappearance but just because they seem tight doesn't mean Sierra felt that way IMO when I was her age my Mom had no clue what I was doing because she didn't care to find out. I was out at all hours etc just basically rebelling and needing outside attention. Now that I am an adult I now know I was trying to find the attention I was missing at home. I was also interested in older boys and would have run off with someone if given the chance and the right circumstances just to escape it all. That being said. Y mom also appeared to be caring and when in front of people you would have thought perfect but behind closed doors it was a different life. I am not saying Sierras life was anything like mine but just putting it out there that there could have been so much more going on inside her head land maybe her being a runaway is still an option, regardless of whethEr she did it before or not, maybe the right opportunity presented itself. Just my opinion.

I think it's pretty common for 15 year olds to feel alienated even from the most perfect parents. It's part of the developmental struggle to individuate and develop an independent identity. Throw in some problems on the part of the parent and that alienation can escalate hugely.

In general, running away has a learning curve, just like everything else in life. Figuring out how to get food, shelter, stay clean while evading detection is pretty complicated. Most kids don't succeed the first time or even the fifth time they run away.

It's possible that Sierra is that one in a gazillion teen who figures out how to run away and completely evade detection.

Or she ran away and has become a victim; there's a reason, after all, that good parents don't just throw the obnoxious teen out of the house and say "come back when you remember your manners."

I think the odds are against Sierra having run away successfully and still has free choice in her actions.

I don't think she ran away. I think it is possible that she planned to skip school that day and took a ride with a 'friend' that betrayed her. I think she may have willingly gotten into a car that morning with plans to go to a party or on an adventure, not knowing the outcome.

Am I the only one having problems here today? NO SEARCH function, no tab for new posts, no way to see recent replies? Or is it just me...

I was having to learn how to post pictures and had some problem with that but I think that is just me and not the site.. lol

I do not see any way to upload a photo from my computer..so I placed one on flicker and that seems to work.

Am I the only one having problems here today? NO SEARCH function, no tab for new posts, no way to see recent replies? Or is it just me...

Not just you. :pcguru: actually now I can see a message about the search function at the top of my page..."temporarily disabled." But for the past couple days it has been inconsistent for me...sometimes I can't do anything, but then for hours everything is fine.

What I meant about the right time was if someone was willing to offer her all of that. Maybe a smooth talking "sugar daddy" type. I am not saying she wouldn't recognize the threat but some girls at that age are impressonable and maybe the life that was being offered was better and maybe he is filling her head with all kinds of things about her parents so that she won't contact them. Just a thought. Also what if it was some perp acting like a talent scout and promsing travels as a model etc, wasn't that one mini docu series called Human Trafficking based on someone like that? Again just a thought to go into the pot with all the others. MOO

That the lab is still poring over information from the bag contents is interesting. Sgt. Cardoza never said investigators had not learned whether the clothes had been worn. He said they didn't know whether she left the house in them because she could have changed into them or changed out of them later. Either of those possibilities had to occur before the clothes were discovered, of course.

"In March, a man reportedly tried to kidnap a 16-year-old girl near the 2100 block of Coastland Avenue in San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood. The man, described as a Hispanic male, was carrying some kind of electronic device, possibly a stun gun.
Police found no connection between that incident and LaMar's disappearance during the course of their investigation."

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/mis...or-in-san-jose

hmm.. Their investigation ? He is guilty of assault and attempted kidnap.
They never found the guy or his red car .. So how would they know if it was connected or not ?

I don't think she ran away. I think it is possible that she planned to skip school that day and took a ride with a 'friend' that betrayed her. I think she may have willingly gotten into a car that morning with plans to go to a party or on an adventure, not knowing the outcome.

I've considered that. One reason I could think of why she would pack a change of clothes including underwear is if she was wearing a bathing suit under what she was wearing when she left home in the morning.

There was another girl went missing around the same time as Sierra. Think she was from a group home? I'll see if I can dig that up.

There was another girl went missing around the same time as Sierra. Think she was from a group home? I'll see if I can dig that up.

She was found per her moms FB.

ETA: oops I took her name out as she is still a minor. But her initials were MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members