Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how they got a DNA match?

According to a 'relative' he willingly gave a DNA sample after his car was found..He must be STUPID as well as EVIL? If he had refused he probably thought it would make him more of a suspect then he already was at that point. Getting a lawyer would have been his best move so why didn't he get one?:waitasec:

Perhaps from something in the car - an old coke can, cigarette butt?

Yes, am not thinking through. I was thinking they matched his DNA, but it could have been hers, since they probably already had that worked up from the beginning.

here was the article I was looking for (that they had known about the car since right after Sierra vanished)

The Jetta was identified toward the beginning of the LaMar case, but wasn’t flagged as anything of interest until video-surveillance sources confirmed that they, too, had seen the same Jetta near key areas.

“Within the last week or two it piqued detectives’ interest again—that this is more than just a coincidence,” Cardoza said. “It was pretty obvious that it was the same vehicle [investigators] were looking at more than once."
http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/au...-associated-with-lamar-case-request-more-tips

I am linking this previous article for clarification of some questions:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/suspect-taken-custody-sierra-la-mar-case/nPBX3/

A KTVU camera crew was at the Safeway store on Tenant Avenue in Morgan Hill at around 6 p.m. when sheriff's detectives took Garcia-Torres, a store employee, into custody.

KTVU followed the detectives to the sheriff's headquarters in San Jose and were outside at around 9 p.m. when detectives took Torres to the main county jail.

This guy may use her location to barter away the death pen...

He doesn't appear to be the loner type imo and I hope he bragged about it to a least one home boy. I'm sure LE has talked to many of his friends, hopefully since he has been arrested someone will drop a dime on him.

I think you are right. Look at how many cases that have come to trial like this when the suspect even has the audacity to plead NG even when the evidence is overwhelming.

If she is found it will be from the diligent searchers or LE.

IMO

I agree. I also wonder what, exactly, leads LE to believe she is dead? I mean, unless they found something like Sierra's hair with the 'deathband' on it, without a body or a confession, how would they know for certain this is a murder?

According to a 'relative' he willingly gave a DNA sample after his car was found..He must be STUPID as well as EVIL? If he had refused he probably thought it would make him more of a suspect then he already was at that point. Getting a lawyer would have been his best move so why didn't he get one?:waitasec:

Stupid is right. Amazing he didn't run, unless he had no clue what DNA was.

I'm pretty sure the "how did they know each other" question will be asked in the presser. I hope LE can/will answer it.

I read the news this morning and came immediately to WS. I have mixed emotions as everyone. I am VERY happy that there has been an arrest and that this case will not end up a cold case. I am terribly sad :cry: to hear that there is little hope that beautiful Sierra is not alive.

:praying: Prayers for her family and friends.

A big KUDOS to LE in this case. They were persistent and extremely professional in their pursuit for justice!!

I hope LE tells us why they are saying she is dead/murdered.
Matching his DNA would not do it.

ETA: I do not believe she could be alive, for where would she be? But hoping they can prove it.

I have wondered about that? So did he work at all? Could he have been a day laborer or a field worker? How was he able to afford a car and putting low tread tires on it which are high dollar?

IMO

I dont know he looks to me like hes in shape the guy is big.

Maybe we will find our at the presser.

Where did he live is it close to Sierra's house?
Why was he in that neighborhood?
Did he know some of the field workers in that area?

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/raw-video-sierra-la-mar-suspect-antolin-garcia/vHPHb/

I don't think he was arrested, like someone mentioned in the last thread in that wife beater shirt.

If you notice his mug shot, he has a red shirt on and in the raw video, the reporter asks one of the Det's if this man is the man in the Lamar disappearance and that Det is carrying a bag, that looks like it contains some more of his cloths.

I just think they needed to take pictures of maybe tattoos on his body and they took both shirts off and he only put one back on.

Or they didn't want to get into trouble with Safeway for letting him wear his uniform shirt in the mug shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11